Jordo.5913

Abaddon statue!

Attachments:

Abaddon confirmed in trailer!

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The image of what appears to be his statue was in last week’s teaser
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Episode-5-screenshot-from-POI/first#post4512896

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Just because his statue is there that doesn’t always mean he’ll be actually present in the game. But from the looks of it, this episode seems to focus on travelling back to the past so that possibility is still there.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Just because his statue is there that doesn’t always mean he’ll be actually present in the game. But from the looks of it, this episode seems to focus on travelling back to the past so that possibility is still there.

him being around hopefully means lore about him…so here’s hoping we get something

in Living World

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Scarlet killed Abaddon.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

We’re probably going to an old Abaddon temple, seeing as how he was the god of secrets I’m sure he knew a thing or two about the Elder Dragons.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Abaddon is long long dead. He won’t be returning – though lore on him may. But for all we know, this could be as simple as the Temple of the Forgotten God’s lore on Abaddon (where we first saw that kind of statue).

I don’t think that’s an old ruin – looks too new, to be honest. Unless it’s well kept. Which I find hard to believe.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

It might be in durmand priory.

in Living World

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

The ceiling deco switched from ‘Eye of Janthir’ theme to ‘The Eternal Alchemy’ astroglobe theme. Mussarat temple of Abbadon confirmed?

(edited by Avariz.8241)

in Living World

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

yea looks like the statue has taken up residence in the durmand prory

in Living World

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

yea looks like the statue has taken up residence in the durmand prory

There were two cut scenes. The first with the ‘Abbadon’ statue had the ‘Eye of Janthir’ ceiling. The second cut scene was the ‘Priory’ Eternal Alchemy.

The first cut scene now looked like a mussarat temple of abbadon with the ‘Eye of Janthir’ linked to the bloodstone motif.

Conclusion: Mussarat, Abbadon, Eye of Janthir, Bloodstone.

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Abaddon is long long dead. He won’t be returning – though lore on him may. But for all we know, this could be as simple as the Temple of the Forgotten God’s lore on Abaddon (where we first saw that kind of statue).

I don’t think that’s an old ruin – looks too new, to be honest. Unless it’s well kept. Which I find hard to believe.

Potential Abaddon fractal?

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Potential Abaddon fractal?

Don’t play with my emotions like that!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Remnant Margonite loyalists.

in Living World

saventis.1485

remember that even if these symbols and things have been seen by the priory there is no garuntee that they actualy understand the significance of the symbols and markings themselves

not saying they dont, just saying that they possibly have seen the eternal alchemy markings and eye of janthir markings before and decided to “keep” it in the priory by marking it on the ceiling

i have just had a thought that perhaps we are traveling back in time in the priory itself

what if the priory building had always been there and was used by the 5 other races the last time the dragons awoke and we are seeing maybe the collective memory of the dwarves or something?

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Well, an Abaddon statue is confirmed, not Abaddon himself.

It will be interesting to see where they are going with this, I just pray to Dwayna that they do not screw up the lore and retroactively cheapen historical events. For example Scarlet and the Thermonova Reactor.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

saventis.1485

oh thats definatly gonna happen lol
i mean sombody has to be upset otherwise it wouldnt be living world eh hahaha

i think perhaps they are trying to convey that magic is alive (hence thaumanova crature thing)
and that perhaps the gods and dragons are just entities of that magic and that is why u can never kill dragons because you cant kill magic

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Just as long as there is some eye-eating, I’ll be happy.

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Meh.. I can tell you right now the entirety of what Ababbon’s influence will be on the story:

We research him & what he did to help find new ways to fight the dragons. Done.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Meh.. I can tell you right now the entirety of what Ababbon’s influence will be on the story:

We research him & what he did to help find new ways to fight the dragons. Done.

I’m thinking this as well. Although knowing ANet we’d probably also get at least 10 new potential plot threads that will be left hanging… in other words a lot of new material to discuss over on Lore and Story.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Scarlet killed Abaddon.

Scarlet = Kormir

The Truth has set her free!

in Living World

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

Maybe Kormir has been corrupted and turned into a new Abaddon, then we get to kill her!!! (squee!)

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

im betting a new fractal dungeon

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

So could part of this new update possibly be the Abbadon fractal we would have gotten if Gnashblade won?

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The ceiling deco switched from ‘Eye of Janthir’ theme to ‘The Eternal Alchemy’ astroglobe theme. Mussarat temple of Abbadon confirmed?

There was no “Eye of Janthir theme” in the trailer. If you speak of the design above the statue of Abaddon, that was Lord Odran’s map of the Mists. VERY different and not at all related to the mursaat.

So could part of this new update possibly be the Abbadon fractal we would have gotten if Gnashblade won?

I doubt it. There was nothing in the trailer to hint at us going into the Mists. Rather, it shows the Shiverpeaks (Priory) before the statue of Abaddon and the Eternal Alchemy roof, and then Ogden. So it’s more likely to be tied to the Priory rather than the Mists.

People are just, as usual, taking things way out of proportion.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I don’t recall learning exactly what sort of artifact we failed to recover in “Temple of the Forgotten God”…only that the Eye and Mouth escaped with it. If Abaddon’s history plays a part in the upcoming chapters, it might be interesting to know.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server