And my Queen's Gauntlet Tickets go to whom?

in Living World

Posted by: crossoverAtt.9680

crossoverAtt.9680

So, what are we supposed to do with the hundreds of Gauntlet tickets that were given as soulbound loot to low level characters, only made account bound after the Gauntlet was unexpectedly locked, and seem to be nothing but dead space in my inventory?

I was expecting a low value trade in at the vendors, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. Better still would be to bring back the Emissaries rewards so people have a way of cashing in. Completing a two week living story event, only to have your rewards blocked subsequent to completion of a second two living story event is tiresome and deal-breaking. I would think after the Karma gaff and the immediate back-tracking, those in charge would be more careful about this sort of thing.

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

I’m still carrying 105 gnashblade tokens – (still think he’d have made a better council member)

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Living World

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

The pavillion will be used again in the future, like SAB. I just banked my tickets for next time.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Living World

crossoverAtt.9680

The pavillion will be used again in the future, like SAB. I just banked my tickets for next time.

Maybe, but they can always change their mind. Unclear whether storing them for 6 months or more is worth the space in my inventory. Still more concerned about the way it was handled, yet again. You can’t say you’re going to keep it open, then after the update casually mention you need to complete another two week living story event to get back in.

And if I remember, we could sell the Gnashblade tokens for 4 silver or so, no?

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I too have a huge stack of Gnashblade buttons (which you cannot sell, only the unused tokens can be sold), and a huge stack of Gauntlet tickets. There needs to be some sort of trade-in value.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

After having completely nerfed the rewards into the ground, does anyone — aside from achievement hunters — care whether it will return?

in Living World

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

If you completed the events the gauntlet would’ve been open for you. There was plenty time to use them when they were switched back to account bound, if you needed them.

in Living World

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

The Gauntlet isn’t of interest to me, so I was hoping they’d be sellable to merchants like the support tickets were. shrug If they’re not, I’ll prob’ly just toss them.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Keep them for next year’s return of the Gauntlet.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Probably you will be able to use them again but I didn’t find doing them that much fun and would have liked a bit of coin better. Getting them was not that difficult and a few coins for those Gnashblade tokens would be nice too.

in Living World

crossoverAtt.9680

If you completed the events the gauntlet would’ve been open for you. There was plenty time to use them when they were switched back to account bound, if you needed them.

Actually, that’s half my point… In order to get back into the single player boss dueling session (which likely appeals to one kind of player), you needed to complete several of the most cluster ****** events of all time and a 5 person dungeon (which likely appeal a different kind of player). It was three days before I could even get into a Scarlet event on my server. I can’t imagine what it was like on the highest population servers. Additionally, they decided to end culling at the moment they introduced the most zone intensive number crunching we’ve seen. I have to think some people gave up on Scarlet rather quickly, and not entirely by choice.

Regardless of anything else, if they had announced the Crown Pavilion would close after the first two weeks, this post wouldn’t exist. Instead they did just the opposite, “the Crown Pavilion will remain open…” and only mentioned the closure incidentally in the middle of another, separate release statement. You could stand at Crown waypoint and watch person after person face plant into the door the first week after Scarlet. That would indicate the message wasn’t clear. Moreover, the evil Scarlet laugh they programmed to trigger when someone did run face first into the door is a clear indicator Anet knew exactly what they were doing as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I didn’t do any of the gauntlet this time around. I’ll save all my tickets for when it returns. If it returns in a way that doesn’t compete with completing other content I will start working on it. If it is in competition with temporary content I will continue to put it off.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I’m still carrying 105 gnashblade tokens – (still think he’d have made a better council member)

LOL same here, i had two stacks i destroyed yesterday, lucky I kept baubbles from april ^^

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

What?!?

Are you saying the tickets were switched back from soulbound to accountbound? When? I’ve spent quite a bit of money buying tickets from the NPC’s, when I still had around 40 tickets scattered over my other characters. I’ve never seen any announcement that they were changed back to accountbound.

o.o

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What?!?

Are you saying the tickets were switched back from soulbound to accountbound? When? I’ve spent quite a bit of money buying tickets from the NPC’s, when I still had around 40 tickets scattered over my other characters. I’ve never seen any announcement that they were changed back to accountbound.

o.o

When they nerfed the Gauntlet into the ground, they didn’t need the tickets to be soulbound anymore so they stealth changed them to accountbound. A few people on the forums noticed it.

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

i’m stashing all mine in hopes that they will let us sell them like the cutthroat politics ones….i destroyed over 4 stacks of those politics tickets the day before they made them sellable >:O

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

What?!?

o.o

When they nerfed the Gauntlet into the ground, they didn’t need the tickets to be soulbound anymore so they stealth changed them to accountbound. A few people on the forums noticed it.

Uff. Just why did I buy like 40 tickets then, when I could just have taken those from my other characters. -_-

Such changes should be communicated. I would have saved some gold, and also, I would have had an use for the remaining tickets. Well, I can just hope that the Gauntlet will return anytime soon.

Edit: Bad enough that I did not just forget to convert my Karma in time, but also forgot to do the torch runs because I was so focused on beating Liadri. Especially the latter one is bugging me quite a bit, since it’s content I’ve completely missed. I don’t care as much about the Karma.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Actually, that’s half my point… In order to get back into the single player boss dueling session (which likely appeals to one kind of player), you needed to complete several of the most cluster ****** events of all time and a 5 person dungeon (which likely appeal a different kind of player). It was three days before I could even get into a Scarlet event on my server. I can’t imagine what it was like on the highest population servers.

What 5-person dungeon? Scarlet’s Playhouse? That was completely soloable. It scaled to party size. Did you even try it solo?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Bank space is limited and this is an issue for lots of people with event exclusive items and gear.
With the universal wallet, I would hope they would make/add event items to it as well.
A reintroduction of a festival hat/costumer would nice or an option to have micro storage for costumes (put the Fancy Winter Outfit back in single box to store away.)

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Living World

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

Actually, that’s half my point… In order to get back into the single player boss dueling session (which likely appeals to one kind of player), you needed to complete several of the most cluster ****** events of all time and a 5 person dungeon (which likely appeal a different kind of player). It was three days before I could even get into a Scarlet event on my server. I can’t imagine what it was like on the highest population servers.

What 5-person dungeon? Scarlet’s Playhouse? That was completely soloable. It scaled to party size. Did you even try it solo?

I would have to agree with Seras. I have never done a Dungeon before and I solo’d the Playhouse with my Staff Ele.

I did die the first time I tried it mind you, in the first part where Scarlet summons those minions but when I went back with the Ele the second time, I completed it with very little problem.

And the whole reason I did the Playhouse in the first place was just so I could unlock the Pavilion and jump into a Hay Bale. A pleasant return to those youthful days on the farm.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Keep them for next year’s return of the Gauntlet.

That’ll just mean I’ll have an even bigger stack by the end of next year’s.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The deeper lesson of this thread is that ANet has been very inconsistent with this kind of thing, which leads to a measure of uncertainty for the players.

Some LS tokens/materials are vendorable after the event. Other sit around, and ANet comes up with new ways to use them to absorb the excess supply after the event is over. Others just get left to sit in our inventory taking up space.

Since we can’t predict which ones will become valuable later, we are left to either become hoarders or inevitably regret that we threw something away.

in Living World

crossoverAtt.9680

Scarlet’s Playhouse may well have been possible solo… but putting the 5 person label on the entrance would tend to discourage people from trying. And as mentioned above, all those soulbound tickets didn’t become account bound until after it was locked. Were the Gauntlet tickets part of the loot table? Or an extra drop? Regardless, it is the sleight of hand by Anet that is worrisome. It would be a tragic mistake to design content compelling completion to participate in the next event. If you want more interest in your temporary content, make it better or more entertaining. Don’t manipulate.

in Living World

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

All the accountbound tickets, badges, baubles, currencies. votes, and the likes, should go directly to the wallet, period.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Living World

Posted by: Varakkys.2490

Varakkys.2490

Scarlet’s Playhouse may well have been possible solo… but putting the 5 person label on the entrance would tend to discourage people from trying.

Yep, that was me. Finished all the lead-up quests a few days in and then stopped at the point I was ‘told’ I’d need a party to carry on as it was getting late in the evening. I never got around to forming a group for it before the event was over (incidentally, also two weeks earlier than expected).

And then exactly the same thing happens with SAB. I can’t remember how I found out you could solo that one as well, but it certainly wasn’t through any means that the game provided.

Seriously Anet, get your kitten together with these things. In-game communication is appalling.