Any advice for veteran modrem wolf?

in Living World

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Having recently completed episode 3 on several alts, I noticed one very peculiar moment as I was running through the episode: the veteran mordrem wolf in the iron marches has permanent retaliation and stability. Normally if I have trouble surviving an enemy encounter, I switch to a more survival oriented armor set, but for this particular enemy, I noticed I ended up dieing a lot—even with survival oriented gear.

While running on my thief, ranger, mesmer and guardian, I noticed they still tend to die quickly even with soldier’s gear and boon removal. It doesn’t help that it has the redundant retaliation roar, but having permanent stability pretty much made the fight a rez-rush grind rather than a challenge since you can’t interrupt it. How would I go about to better fight the veteran mordrem wolf in episode 3?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

That Wolf is unusually tough for an event of its level, yeah. Blind spamming helps a lot, but the easiest way is just to call for help when you tackle it.

in Living World

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

That Wolf is unusually tough for an event of its level, yeah. Blind spamming helps a lot, but the easiest way is just to call for help when you tackle it.

Assuming if people want to help. If they don’t, I suppose blind spam can help but then there’s the problem of the wolf splitting into multiple copies of itself—each with permanent retaliation and stability. Also, blind spam works if you have access to blinds skills and not all classes have access to rapid cooldown blind skills or chain blinding skills.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Those wolves are the worst… Nothing is as bad as the one in the inquest ley line mission, it took me days to beat him on my ele and my ele can handle fractal 50 with no problem.

Best way to beat those wolves is to cheese them using LOS, elevation and kiting. sometimes you can find a spot where you can hit them and they can’t hit you. That was the only way I managed to beat the other one on my ele solo.

Alternatively a condition spec is a good alternative if you have one. You can load up conditions which won’t trigger retaliation and just run around in circles then rinse and repeat until it dies. Necro is probably your best bet.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Yeah, those things are cheaters. The permanent stability and retaliation can’t be removed or stolen, so you have no way to remove their retaliation, and a lot of professions don’t have the ability to hit them with a lot of conditions without also triggering retaliation a lot. Plus, when you’ve got two or four of them, their charge attack means that they’re hard to kite while you let the conditions do their work even if you can condition them, and the more there are the harder it is to stop them from getting a surprise flanking attack in and then you’re basically done for.

Only real viable way of taking them on, unless you have a means of deploying a LOT of conditions with very few strikes, is to be able to spread out the retaliation damage among multiple attackers.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.