Bring Back Preview Pages

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The title says it all. I was way more hyped when i saw future features coming out on the preview page for a release than after they dropped them for the short trailers. I see data-mining posts on reddit, and even those get me more hyped than the trailers that anet puts out now.

So, Anet, bring back the preview pages that actually told us something awesome!

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

i remember some one saying that they have shied away from the preview pages so that they are more free to iterate on things they plan to implement before release. something like giving details ahead of time would make them seem like liars if they had to change it in the time between announcing content and putting it live. i do not know how much the release pages restricted them in development but im not a dev, so i guess i wouldnt. but i have to agree with you i miss the old preview pages. the atlas is amazingly useless. i do like preview videos but half of them is logos and a buy button. leaves something to be desired.

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

id rather have the preview pages back trailers are nice but i preferred the pages more

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They removed them due to not wanting to spoil the story.

I also think that it might very well have something to do with these forums exploding shouting about how they overhyped everything.

One part of these forums wants preview pages. Another just want small teasers/trailers, which side should they cater to?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

panzer.6034

One part of these forums wants preview pages. Another just want small teasers/trailers, which side should they cater to?

The side that wants preview pages, of course!

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The side that wants preview pages, of course!

But why should that side be catered to?
Why is that side more important?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I liked the preview pages. But, they are gone. Now I just read the data-mined information. Oh, well.

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

It is very simple:

• Story releases: trailer video and data mining
  • Feature releases: preview pages

I like the combination of trailers, data mining and subtle changes across Tyria.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

panzer.6034

I liked the preview pages. But, they are gone. Now I just read the data-mined information. Oh, well.

I think it’s sort of sad that the data mining has become more interesting than Anet’s official previews.

Bring Back Preview Pages

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t mean to imply that data-mined information was more interesting than the trailers. Just that I use it in addition to the trailers and whatever other officially-released information is there. =)