Content Release Schedule

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

Posted by: tencoderiot.6430

tencoderiot.6430

I am always shocked when such a huge content update comes out every two weeks. No other game in history has achieved such a well oiled machine when it comes to content. Normally, this would be a good thing. The problem is, and this problem is mostly my part, but I am a completionist. I like to get everything done including achievements in these updates. The problem has become that I have two weeks to complete it whereas before I had a month or longer. I’m all for new content rapidly but the time I have to complete things has drastically gone down. Honestly, I can only think of two options. One, the content goes back to being once a month or longer. Or two, the content is spread across several updates instead of piled into one bigger update, i.e. maybe Southsun Survival and Aspect Arena got introduced on the 6th rather than piled in with so many other things to do out of the gate. I guess we can’t complain much with free content but I feel like it’s being fired out too fast. This last update was also very buggy for many people. I think the updates should be taken a little slower. Maybe once a month is a good medium. Gives us more time to complete and see everything and gives them more time to work out the kinks. As it stands, there is so much content in this update I haven’t even gotten to play a couple mini games yet because I’ve been fighting with Tier 4 trials for a week. What do you guys think?

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

tencoderiot.6430

When is candidate trials going out? I can’t find any info on it.

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

When is candidate trials going out? I can’t find any info on it.

August 6th, when the new patch is released. However, the election itself ends the 5th, so it’s possible the Trials might end then.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/cutthroat/BotFW-CP-Achievement-and-Content-Deadlines/first

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

tencoderiot.6430

But the trials only started a week ago which means it will only be playable for two weeks. This is the issue I have with some of the updates. We got 3 mini games and 2 weeks to complete them all if we want them.

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

Posted by: Win.9314

Win.9314

I’d rather have a content out every month or so, 2 weeks is too short to finish everything. Also the new contents are not that interesting imo, compared to Flames and Frost. So I would trade having 2 week schedule for a monthly update.

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

Posted by: Kasaeva.4691

Kasaeva.4691

The thing with the living story content is that the first week of every month a piece comes out. That piece stays all the way through to the end of the month. On the third week of the month, a second piece comes out but it only stays 2 weeks because it leaves at the same time as the first piece. I don’t think the living story would be so overwhelming if every piece stayed for 4 weeks. For some people 4 weeks is too long but for others, they need all 4 weeks to get the living story done. I don’t think it’d be bad to allow the second part of the monthly living story to overlap with the next segment and allow all content to last for 1 month. Even if they’re placed in the same area.

For example, with this content, on August 7th or whatever the date is, you can take out all of the Bazaar achievements by having the sky people start to pack up. But you can allow events from the Candidates to continue for 2 more weeks. For me, sometimes, I finish the content is 1.5 weeks and have a nice break before the next bit comes out. But other times, like this past month, I don’t have time and so it takes me 3 weeks to finish the content.

In addition, clear outgoing dates need to start being posted on the events. Or even a timer in the achievements for how long is left to do the content. Every time I’m having to go scouring the forums for the leaving date so I can figure out how long I have to do the content. We need clear-cut end dates posted as much as the start dates are.

~Kasaeva
Sea of Sorrows

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I agree. While I grinded my way through the Cutthroat Politics achievements in a weekend and a bit, two weeks is far too short to complete what are some difficult and often frustrating achievements. Two weeks was also insufficient to complete some of the most difficult achievements for Sky Pirates, with the result that many players just gave up after knowing their window of opportunity was so short. There wasn’t time for them to cool down, reassess and try again, with the result that they just get left with a feeling of disgruntlement.

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

But the trials only started a week ago which means it will only be playable for two weeks. This is the issue I have with some of the updates. We got 3 mini games and 2 weeks to complete them all if we want them.

They should have a couple of easy to achieve mini-game achievements during the event and keep the more hard core ones as achievable at any time when they return on rotation. I think this month was definitely a mistake with three mini-games in one update. It pushed players too much to get them all before the update went away. It often feels like you don’t have time to do anything else.

Honestly, my big issue with the release schedule is the temporary nature of content. If more of the content was permanent players wouldn’t feel so rushed and it would alleviate a lot of issues for people.

Most of the content completionists are struggling with is the grind achievements, which are unnecessary imo.

Content Release Schedule

in Living World

tencoderiot.6430

They should have a couple of easy to achieve mini-game achievements during the event and keep the more hard core ones as achievable at any time when they return on rotation. I think this month was definitely a mistake with three mini-games in one update. It pushed players too much to get them all before the update went away. It often feels like you don’t have time to do anything else.

Honestly, my big issue with the release schedule is the temporary nature of content. If more of the content was permanent players wouldn’t feel so rushed and it would alleviate a lot of issues for people.

Most of the content completionists are struggling with is the grind achievements, which are unnecessary imo.

Seconded. I think the biggest problem, other than the most bugs we’ve seen in a patch, was that there is too much to consume in too little a time. Some people are still doing stuff from the previous patch whilst trying to complete 3 mini games, dungeons, fractals, events, etc. This is all while trying to complete things in the main game at the same time. I was trying to get world completion and finish my personal story but that had to be put on hold because of the massive updates that aren’t lengthy enough. Probably my least favorite patch so far.