Destroying Queensdale

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Yes people I have spent a great deal of time there and it is my favorite map

but through all my time there I have noticed something and I just wanted to throw this idea out there as something that could happen in a Living Story update in the future

Wouldnt it just be terrible if those two Dam’s should happen to get destroyed…
tons of water smashing it’s way through Queensdale completely flooding it turning it into a mostly water based area..

I think this is definitely doable as many of the main parts of this map would survive
The eastern side of the map would suffer minimal damage since it’s mostly high ground so the dungeon would be fine
However the low lands in the western and South Western part of Queens would be utterly destroyed
but what really interests me about this is that the Swamp would also be flooded

This would lead to the Shadow Behemoth boss needing to be redesigned and the players would now have to battle him with their Underwater setups allowing for something that has not been done in GW2 yet
a Underwater or Semi- Underwater Wolrd Boss battle
could have a few floating platforms here and there with cannons on them that Behemoth can destroy or something like that

This also opens up the way for new areas of the game to be added
namely the Woodland Cascades by Swimming North through the destroyed Eastern Dam or perhaps even the Underworld once the New and improved Shadow Behemoth is destroyed he creates a Vortex upon death that pulls players into the Underworld if they go too close to it :P

Anyway this is just one idea I have for how the living world can effect such a dramatic change on a map
ever since the Toxic Nightmare content I’ve been very excited about the living world and how much it can change the entire face of the world map
the Escape from Lions Arch content is definitely the most dominant expression of this so it’s got me thinking about things that I could see possibly happening in the game so I just wanted to share my favorite one ^^

seriously don’t flood Queensdale I’ll cry if you do xD

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

ilike it somewhat but allow us to restore it somewhat by rebuilding the dam or something but not everything will be the same but itll be a nice area with new revamped heart and such but keeping a lot of its beautifulness

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

seriously don’t flood Queensdale I’ll cry if you do xD

Too late, you gave them the idea. Queensdale is doomed. Only Beetleton and that centaur camp will survive and Caudecus will have his own island kingdom, complete with a carnival and a living merry-go-round staffed by out of work centaurs. All your fault. Own it.

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

I would enjoy this so much! Yes the champ train would be drowned unless they adapted to underwater which wouldnt work… Bandit would drown likely and the rotted oak would become the Champion Waterlogged Oakheart (Truth be told I would love that!) but i think it’d be cool to see a lower level zone have more water areas in it. Even though I am not a HUGE fan of the underwater areas I thoroughly enjoyed Frostgorge because of its uniqueness and water areas.

If ANet makes “Bubbles” areas primarily underwater I would hope some areas in the game would flood or things like the OP posted happen so that its a gradual introduction.

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Why would the bandit drown? they can swim fine. Troll /boar might be in trouble, though, the spider is on high ground.

Behemoth, first underwater world boss? :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why would the bandit drown? they can swim fine. Troll /boar might be in trouble, though, the spider is on high ground.

Behemoth, first underwater world boss? :p

There’s already an underwater world boss, but people don’t play it very often because it takes some effort to get to. It’s at the end of Flame Temple Tombs and requires about 5 players to beat.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Teratus.2859

There’s already an underwater world boss, but people don’t play it very often because it takes some effort to get to. It’s at the end of Flame Temple Tombs and requires about 5 players to beat.

That is true and there are a few Champ sharks about also

What Im thinking of though is something on the scale of Fire Elemental, Shadow Behemoth and the Dragon Champions etc

Huge World bosses like that
we don’t have anything like that in Gw2

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

That is true and there are a few Champ sharks about also

What Im thinking of though is something on the scale of Fire Elemental, Shadow Behemoth and the Dragon Champions etc

Huge World bosses like that
we don’t have anything like that in Gw2

You’re referring to the “epic” rank bosses. True, Rhendak the Crazed is only a champion. I think it would be cool to have a world boss that required coordinated attacks from both water and land at the same time.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if the dam breaks then queensdale is the least of your worries, what about all the PS that have to be changed again.
also, i find changing a lvl 1-15 area should not be so drastic, it already has stuff in it that simply ruins it for beginner levels..(the plant DE’s are simply way to powerful for a beginner level area, ether tone down the events or remove them)

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Teratus.2859

You’re referring to the “epic” rank bosses. True, Rhendak the Crazed is only a champion. I think it would be cool to have a world boss that required coordinated attacks from both water and land at the same time.

That I am yes
as someone who does enjoy the Underwater content in the game I would like to see more of it
and some underwater Epic world bosses would be very welcome

My own idea for Behemoth would be a semi underwater boss
you would fight him on platforms floating in the water weakening him down to make him collapse
at that point you could either range him from the platforms or jump in the water and Melee him

it would work much like Teq having various phases to complete
and a stun phase in which he collapses and takes massive damage
it would also add for some fun mechanics to Behemoth like sending small waves to knock players into the water as well as smashing the platforms so they would need to be repaired before you can stand on them again
Portals would also spawn in water which would release a new Underworld Underwater Mob to occupy those fighting in the water
Mobs would aim to destroy the floating platforms so Water teams would need to destroy them
you could even add a player cap to the platforms so that they will sink if too many people stand on them :P

That said he would still be a lvl 15 Zone boss so he would in no way be super hard like Teq is
But I think most of the epic world bosses are far too easy
Fire Ele is a much bigger pain to take down than a lot of them thanks to the low level of the players and the sheer barrage of serious AOE dmg he creates

I’d like to see Behemoth get a upgrade because he is laughably weak compared to nearly all the Epic world bosses

My Idea of Flooding queensdale is just one scenario that would give the developers a opportunity to upgrade him
plus I love the idea of blowing up those Dams and drastically changing the map

of course preserving the starting area hearts and skill points etc is something that will need to be taken into account
they could change some of them without much trouble

the Living world is supposed to change the game world after all so changing the requirements of a few Skill points and heart quests now and again isn’t something that would bother me as a player
if anything I would like that a lot since maps would feel different when exploring them again
as someone with 10 Characters completing the maps over and over gets very boring so i’d welcome the change

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

I like the idea, but not Queensdale, there are too many new players that would start there and not know what was going on with PS being under water all of the sudden. Also, for the Behemoth, Aatxe cant swim. Try getting one into the water and they bug out, either rushing back on to land, or just sitting there in the water for you to kill.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They had the Great Collapse to play with, and they didn’t do anything interesting with it.

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

OP this is an Epic idea +1

I like the LS changing the maps – Kessex has gone through about 4 incarnations and the hearts have indeed been changed, as has the npc dialog in the Havens- I love it.

I would not just stop at Queensdale though_ I would also like to finalize the treaty with the Charr and lay the ghosts to rest.
I would like to see Orr green- settle South sun.
Expand Ebonhawke….

So many things can happen in the game if we are just willing for the zones/stories to change.
The world can really be alive.

The Personal Story is the major problem with this- I personally would not mind at all if they changed the whole concept of how it works- make it clearly state that it is in the past- have an overview of the old personal Story – and make a new one.

Anything really- to stop the World being kept in a stasis by it

Gunnar’s Hold

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Underwater mechanics are not used as much as they should be in general in the game.

As for queensdale being changed, that’s not gonna happen. Anet have already stated that Orr will never be healed because they don’t want to take the zombies out for people who still are going through the PS. So by that logic queensdale will never undergo that dramatic of a change.

Destroying Queensdale

in Living World

Teratus.2859

Underwater mechanics are not used as much as they should be in general in the game.

As for queensdale being changed, that’s not gonna happen. Anet have already stated that Orr will never be healed because they don’t want to take the zombies out for people who still are going through the PS. So by that logic queensdale will never undergo that dramatic of a change.

Orr has a valid reason

Queensdale however could be reworked to be Personal story Friendly
im not saying that it’s something that would be easy to do but also not impossible either

I only posted this up for fun and to hint at the idea of how dramatically the Living world can change the game world

Anet claimed that Gw2 was going to have a strong impact on how events can change the world depending on player action which in a way it does

The Living world has had some great chapters where something has happend causing parts of maps to change here and there
escape from Lions arch obviously being the big one
I want to see more dramatic map changes like that in the future and not just as a finalie to a living world chapter