Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

Episode 5 screenshot from POI!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Is that Abaddon….?

(Which would work quite well with all the talk about connecting to GW1 stories..)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Funny, everyone was shouting about Abaddon, and the first thing that came to my mind was Grenth…or maybe not…it’s those fingers, err, claws that have me wondering though.

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Looks like abbs to me, which would be an odd thing to bring up in GW2, but well yeah…there you have it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Looks like abbs to me, which would be an odd thing to bring up in GW2, but well yeah…there you have it.

Not really, considering as one of the two fractals we voted about was the Fall of Abaddon and we do visit a temple of Abaddon during the personal story.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: bremy.1390

bremy.1390

well, the first impression it’s abbaddon for me too.

those bracelets on his arm, tentacles on the head…. wow

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I am deeply hyped. I LOVE gw1 story and I finally will feel it in gw2. GW2 needs to remind us it’s a sequel more often!

in Living World

Zaklex.6308

Only one problem I see, how do you bring back a dead god…and he is dead, destroyed…we did it at the end of Nightfall.

in Living World

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

But the image is a statue so it could be one of him

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

in Living World

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Funny, everyone was shouting about Abaddon, and the first thing that came to my mind was Grenth…or maybe not…it’s those fingers, err, claws that have me wondering though.

It’s the same statue we can see in the temple of forgotten god PS mission

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I think I speak for most GW1 veterans when I say,

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg ong omg omg omg omg omg yesssss…

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Please, let it not be a red hearing. Pretty please.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Only one problem I see, how do you bring back a dead god…and he is dead, destroyed…we did it at the end of Nightfall.

To be fair we already have seen something like time-travelling in game. And we know for a fact that the Mists can show echos of the past.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

Maybe he was just mostly dead? (wink, wink)

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

bloodstone visit and ties to Abaddons temple incoming

in Living World

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

ABADDON!! I missed that guy.

in Living World

Zaklex.6308

As I did in the thread in the Lore section, my post was to get people thinking a little deeper than just Abaddon, as in location, perhaps, meaning, etc. It’s quite possible, say 99% that it is Abaddon’s statue…in a forgotten temple in the middle of the Maguuma Jungle, hidden for centuries.

in Living World

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

As I did in the thread in the Lore section, my post was to get people thinking a little deeper than just Abaddon, as in location, perhaps, meaning, etc. It’s quite possible, say 99% that it is Abaddon’s statue…in a forgotten temple in the middle of the Maguuma Jungle, hidden for centuries.

i think your on the right track

I personally think this is a temple to abaddon built by the mursaat ( you know that race that was particularly gifted with MAGIC, the thing abaddon released into the world)
so i think we are going to visit a city of mursaat
as well as that the temple surrounding the statue looks either maintained or at least untouched
so potentially its a temple built out of phase by the mursaat and we get to see this glorius city of the mursaat

or perhaps maybe a temple built to the god of magic where a bloodstone is kept/once was kept/once was used/once was found

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Good point, looks like a Statue to me. Still, it’d be interesting to see him come back in some form or another. What GW2 has been sorely lacking is a proper connection to the original game, mostly because Anet has distanced GW2 from such lore as the Six, or the other continents like Cantha. I get that they don’t want GW2 to be as Human-Centric as the original game was, but at the same time, that’s no reason to exclude the original lore. It feels like these are two separate games with very little to connect them.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

Abbadon is gone. Permanantly.

The six left the world, but they are not dead.
Dhuum is bound, but he is not dead.

Abbadon is more than dead. He ceased to exist and was taken over by Kormir.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I personally think this is a temple to abaddon built by the mursaat ( you know that race that was particularly gifted with MAGIC, the thing abaddon released into the world)
as well as that the temple surrounding the statue looks either maintained or at least untouched
so potentially its a temple built out of phase by the mursaat and we get to see this glorius city of the mursaat

or perhaps maybe a temple built to the god of magic where a bloodstone is kept/once was kept/once was used/once was found

They’re HUMAN gods.

in Living World

Mental Paradox.3845

The old races (dwarves, mursaat, seers, forgotten, and the fifth) were around BEFORE the gods came to Tyria. I’m not sure if they had command over magic back then, though.

in Living World

Mental Paradox.3845

Abbadon is gone. Permanantly.

The six left the world, but they are not dead.
Dhuum is bound, but he is not dead.

Abbadon is more than dead. He ceased to exist and was taken over by Kormir.

Like how characters from TV-shows are always permanently dead? The writers are the real gods, something isn’t dead until Guild Wars itself is dead.

Abaddon could return as a spirit, stripped of his divine abilities, back to how he was before he became a god. Maybe even cured of his madness, as an advisor to our heroes. Maybe his entire plan all along was to grant the races complete control over magic as to give them a chance against the dragons. Abbadon may be the only (ex) god NOT too scared to fight the dragons.

(edited by Mental Paradox.3845)

in Living World

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

id doubt we ever get to see abbadon again but we might hear something from kormir, and when i say hear something i mean we wont see her either we will get a mail from someone or find a slip of paper that hints at someone having a connection to kormir.
if Abbadon knew about the elder dragons its save to assume that kormir does and having a much closer relationship with humans (was a human and not long ago) it wouldn’t be a stretch to say she is helping how she can without risking herself to the dragons.

anyway im genna pick it and say Abbadon made sylvari.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Living World

saventis.1485

The old races (dwarves, mursaat, seers, forgotten, and the fifth) were around BEFORE the gods came to Tyria. I’m not sure if they had command over magic back then, though.

im aware that those races where around before the humans were brought to tyria
and the mursaat did have command of magic. actually the magic they used was so much greater than what we use today because it wasnt split between the bloodstones

no as far as we know the gods brought humans to tyria
there are two ways (that i can think of) the mursaat could have come to worship or at least respect abaddon

1)So we know the gods brought humans to tyria but whos to say that the gods hadnt come and gone before? could they have potentially brought other races to tyria?
meaning perhaps the mursaat knew of abbadon from their beginnings in tyria.
(worshiped)

2)the mursaat have been around a long time now and we know that they have that wierd phase world thing
whos to say that abbadon didnt visit thier phase city or perhaps maybe he was viewed from afar
i mean if you have the power of invisibility what better use than to observe the new race that has come to your world?(respected)

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Jotun (the fifth race) oral tradition (as reliable as that might be) does also seem to indicate that they were a extremely magically gifted people at one point, before the human gods took magic from them.

in Living World

saventis.1485

Jotun (the fifth race) oral tradition (as reliable as that might be) does also seem to indicate that they were a extremely magically gifted people at one point, before the human gods took magic from them.

the gods didnt actually take the magic from them. now this may get long but heres how it goes

you know those 5 races? jotun dwarves seer and mursaat
well they were all around when the last rise of the dragons happened
what they decided to do (seems like it was thier last resort) was gather all the races and all of them together would pour all of there collective magic into a seal that could not be broken by the elder dragons

this was what we have come to know as the blood stone

however 1 races did not participate in the ritual and kept their magic to themselves instead choosing to phase out of tyria and ultimately saving themselves but leaving the other four races to fend for themselves

the dragons arose wreaked havoc and went back to slumber

many years later the 6 brought humans to tyria and began teraforming and locking all evidance of the elder dragons deep in arahs vaults

one of these things was the blood stone

abaddon was the one that originally convinced the gods to free the magic from the stone but it caused great wars and eventually led the first human king dorick to beg the gods to take the power back

so the gods took the magic and once again put it back inside the stone and sealed it with the kings blood (hence bloodstone i think)
where it was then split into five pieces and put inside a volcano in the fire island chain

where the volcano erupted sending the five pieces to scatter across the lands of tyria
aaaaand thats the story(well at least in short form)

(edited by saventis.1485)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

many years later the 6 brought humans to tyria and began teraforming and locking all evidance of the elder dragons deep in arahs vaults

This part doesn’t make much sense, because as far as we know the Gods did not actually know about the Elder Dragons at least not at the time.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Iirc we do have info from the living story that the six gods might have actually known about the elder dragons.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

They might at some point, but I doubt they knew it when they brought the humans in. Why else would they place their own city and one of the kingdoms of the humans on top of a sleeping one?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

They might at some point, but I doubt they knew it when they brought the humans in. Why else would they place their own city and one of the kingdoms of the humans on top of a sleeping one?

Yeah I don’t think any of the new races or the human Gods knew about the dragons when they arrived in Tyria tbh. They were just attracted to the magic that leaked out of them, hence the location of places such as Arah and the Central Transfer Chamber

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Easy:
Abaddon fractal would connect to the story of scarlet and waking up the elder dragon.
Which means, that the god of secrets most likely knew about the elder dragons in one shape or form.
Which means defeating abaddon by the other 5 gods means those gods wanted to prevent something from happening. (Giving out the magic to the other races , the humans or whichever.)

Considering the gods knew about the dragons, means that there might have been a simple dispute whether arming the races with magic was a good idea or not. It could mean only abaddon knew. It could mean that the other gods also knew and didnt want that magic go to waste to the dragons. Or whichever.

Granted all those things one thing is clear.
Abaddon and probably all the gods knew about the dragons, and handing out magic to the people, which is the food for dragons, is a very delicate matter. And more so crucial to the story today.

This of course doesn’t automatically mean that “Abaddon is back” and merely means that the knowledge he had would provide insight into the dragons, as well as reason to why the gods were so frantic about containing magic in the bloodstone.

I still could be wrong though. xD

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Living World

saventis.1485

i really do think the gods knew about the dragons because when they “hint” at things it usually means “LOOK OVER HERE AT THIS THING THATS IMPORTANT”
as they have said in interviews, when they hint at something it usually means there is more to that story that will be visited in the future.

personally i think the gods are more part of the world of tyria than we know
just like the dragons i believe that the gods have the same cyclical nature
now dont get me wrong i dont really think the gods are the dragons but they are definitely connected

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Don’t get me wrong, I’m defintely with you about the gods probably not knowing when they first came to Tyria. I just think that they did find out and kept it all secret.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Assume for a second that the gods did know about the elder dragons, the gods gave magic to humans, until it got to a point that the leader of the humans had to ask the gods to take it away and they did, i like to think that the gods knew that magic could be used to fight the dragons assuming the wielders could use it well enough but instead humans proved to be incapable of that which in turn made them very suseceptable to corruption from not being able to protect there minds and we can assume this thanks to the pale tree protecting the sylvaris minds from corruption so the magic was taken away so not to give the dragons more reason to wake up, alternatively they assumed technology would take the place of magic in fighting the dragons which so far has proved allright.

now i assume that abbadon had a grand plan, he went to a whole lot of trouble to get back to tyria and if he knew about the dragons and didn’t have a plan to beat them i think he would have held off on getting back to tyria for a while longer especially since the other gods would have had no way of helping humans beat him if they themselves where in the mists waiting for the dragons to go back to sleep, now if he had a grand plan to fight the dragons what would he use, it would have to be something that wasn’t around the last rise because if it was then the elder races probably wouldn’t have gotten messed up that badly, it also would likely be magical in nature because abbadon waged a war to keep magic around, and it would also have to have a resistance to dragon corruption because what good is all that magic if the dragons just genna eat it up, and that leaves me thinking the pale tree and a few reasons as to why it could serve as abbadons weapon of war against the dragons, 1. the pale tree can pump out tons of sylvari to fight as soldiers, 2. the pale tree can protect its spawns from corruption and to further extant cleanse corruption, 3. while not all sylvari want to kill the elder dragons but largely want to defeat the elder dragon as the pose the biggest threat and alot of sylvari have gone to great extents to combat them, 4. they are in the grand scheme of things a relatively young species and apparently not around during the last elder dragon rise, 5. they were hidden away and i would assume because abbadon needed to protect them from the other gods who were destroying anything to do with abbadon until a time abbadon could get back to tyria, 6. they sure do seem pritty magical to me.

now the only question left is how does kormir feel about this and what would the point of killing of the elder dragons have to offer abbadon assuming he succeeded.

well thats my crazy idear sounds good to me.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/echoes-of-the-past-begins-november-4/

Looks exciting! Some great little teasers at the end there

in Living World

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Brace yourselves… Kormir is coming back to replace Trahearne.