Halloween event

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Amanda.5714

Amanda.5714

Now from i have been hearing they are planing to repeat the one from last year the only thing i would like them to do with the meta reward if it is the same thing(candy corn node) is give the players the choice of having two regular candy corn nodes or turn the one into a permanent rich candy corn node also didn’t we get like 3-4 weeks last year looks like we are getting 2 weeks what is up with that.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Where have you been hearing that? I’m just curious, as I haven’t seen anything saying it will be a direct repeat (then again, I only go on here and sometimes reddit.)

I agree that two weeks is super short for this year’s event. Three or four weeks would be better, especially since I’ll be missing the first 5 1/2 days due to travel. It’s my favorite holiday in the game, so missing half of it bums me out. =/

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

Where have you been hearing that? I’m just curious, as I haven’t seen anything saying it will be a direct repeat (then again, I only go on here and sometimes reddit.)

I agree that two weeks is super short for this year’s event. Three or four weeks would be better, especially since I’ll be missing the first 5 1/2 days due to travel. It’s my favorite holiday in the game, so missing half of it bums me out. =/

They said (or i saw somewhere) they are bringing back Blood and Madness. That was the name of last years meta AP group. Thats all i have heard.

I am not getting my hopes up for anything but a renaming of events and a meta thats essentially the same.

Would be nice if Anet goes all out but i doubt it.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Having it only 2 weeks sucks I might as well not even participate. They should have had WvW and the Halloween up at same time. Every other MMO had Halloween up within first day of October. I know GW 1 probably had it up at day one.

I hope something bugs up royally now and we get a 3 extra weeks in November!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

i think there was something in a ready up or something about it being a copy n paste… I can’t cite a source or post a link…just going on things i’ve heard from redditt and friends in-game. If it really is thats going to be sad…

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Perrsun.4285

Perrsun.4285

Here’s my hope for the Halloween event (which I don’t know if it quite deserves it’s own thread so I’ll just post it here):

The first year, you could party up with your friends and do the Clocktower jumping puzzle as a group, as well as having random people added in. The first time you completed the Clocktower per character you got a piece of Exotic armor that couldn’t be salvaged. Repeat trips up the tower were rewarded with lesser loot.

The second year, you entered the clocktower with 4 other random people, and couldn’t choose to play with friends, nor could you join into a friend’s instance since it broke all parties and treated it like a PvP map. No matter how many characters you completed the clocktower on, you only got rewarded 1 time per account with a single piece of Exotic Armor, and the lesser loot all subsequent times.

The Clocktower was done right the first time in terms of both the ability to actually play with friends and guildmates, and loot for completing the task. This year, please change it back to how it used to be.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Now from i have been hearing they are planing to repeat the one from last year the only thing i would like them to do with the meta reward if it is the same thing(candy corn node) is give the players the choice of having two regular candy corn nodes or turn the one into a permanent rich candy corn node also didn’t we get like 3-4 weeks last year looks like we are getting 2 weeks what is up with that.

i hope your wrong that would be said halloween is my favorite holiday besides wintersday

Are you Shpongled?

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

The only evidence it will be the same is that every person asking that question is aggressively ignored. There’s literally no actual information on it anywhere from any source.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The only evidence it will be the same is that every person asking that question is aggressively ignored. There’s literally no actual information on it anywhere from any source.

Yeah… except for this part of the official “what to come” announcement:

Later in October, we’ll be bringing back our famous Halloween festivities! Blood and Madness will be returning to Guild Wars 2 on October 21 and remain active until the return of Season 2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Halloween event

in Living World

wwwes.1398

Yup, I saw that! I saw that probably a month ago in a blog post. Ask for any information other than that and you get nothing. You don’t know it will be the same any more than I know it will be the same, because they have not specified any details whatsoever.

Halloween event

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Last years event was called Blood and Madness.
They quite clearly state that Blood and Madness will be returning to Guild Wars 2 on October 21.

How is that not telling us that it will be the same event as last year? Or would they use the same name but change the event for some reason?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Halloween event

in Living World

wwwes.1398

The point is that if that is true, why not just freaking say that? Heck, if that’s what’s going to be in the game, why not repost the notes from the last event? What if the event IS tweaked? Now you’re arguing something wrong for insisting that they clearly meant is isn’t.

But I’ll drop the Socratic arguments. Let’s assume you’re right. And let’s assume that they won’t elaborate because they don’t want people to post threads about how they’re upset the content hasn’t changed". This whole attitude of “any potentially bad news must be delayed as long as possible” is simultaneously frustrating, insulting and counterproductive. Those threads are already here now and there will be more on Tuesday, so the strategy didn’t work. But the difference is that there are also people like me who weren’t expecting new updates but were expecting to hear a little more about what minor tweaks were made or not made. People that are ALSO annoyed because it feels like they’re hoping to trick us into not realizing it’s recycled content.

Halloween event

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

But they HAVE said that. In the very quote posted earlier in this very thread (and other threads)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Halloween event

in Living World

wwwes.1398

They said nothing of the sort! Events get updated all the time! The Queen’s Pavilion was totally different from one year to the next. It’s a completely fair question to ask whether the event is going to be exactly the same. And it’s something REALLY easy to answer, it takes about 5 minutes and almost no thought to type out a summary of what is same/different, especially if it’s almost identical.

Halloween event

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

But the Queen’s Pavilion was not actually released as the Queen’s Jubilee/Pavilion this time, it was released as part of Festival of Four Winds. Thus not the same event.

The talk about Halloween event though, is talked about using the EXACT SAME NAME as last year and they also were rather clear that seasonal events mainly WILL be more or less the same.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Halloween event

in Living World

wwwes.1398

I don’t think they were clear about that at all. If they were clear about it, they would have said it more than just one time in a blog post posted months ago, or wherever you’re taking that from. I have no idea, I’ve not seen anyone post a reference or quote about that.

But even if that were true…. why is it considered out of line to acknowledge that? I don’t actually play Guild Wars 1, but I saw that there was a promo in game promising that the Mad Kings event was coming up that would feature “X, Y, Z and more”…. Why is that not something they’ve done for this game? If they’re going to be releasing the same content pack every year, they really ought to also be releasing the same flavor text about what is featured in that content pack every year.

Like I said, I’m done, either they’ll address this and make me happy or they’ll continue to ignore it and I’ll just stay disgruntled and wait to read the patch notes. It really doesn’t matter in the long run, I just don’t understand why not take the five minutes to answer this. They really could just quote your post and type “^^” and that would answer the question.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

Thorfinnr Sleggja.1209

I think most of us would be happy, I would hope, to just know there will be ‘some’ new stuff…I don’t care how specific they get, but just letting us know there will be some new aspects to the event would be fantastic. I can wait for the POI or the notes to specify the new stuff.

I do because I can
I can because I want to
I want to because you said I couldn’t

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

I hope they change the mad king realm back to how it was the first year, last year they completely ruined it imo.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I hope they change the mad king realm back to how it was the first year, last year they completely ruined it imo.

I completely agree. Halloween was way way better the first year. I did not enjoy it last year…

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I completely agree. Halloween was way way better the first year. I did not enjoy it last year…

Likewise, and was upsetting when they barred people and new players from getting acquiring the backpeices. It was tedious to get and since the wardrobe system didn’t exist at the time, I don’t see why they had to change it.

Plus the scavenger hunt wasn’t bad either. It just got more tedious when you had to go into a higher level to finish the 2nd part.

I personally liked the scavenger hunt from the first year, and the dungeon-like maze from last year. But keep the tower the way it was from the first year, to me that’d be best.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

They need to bring back year 1’s event. Last year was such a disappointment. No scavenger hunt, ruined clocktower experience, the boss fight was a joke, and the year 1 weapons were replaced with mediocre crap that was hiding behind black lion weapon scraps.

The fight against the Mad King was actually interesting and quite challenging (at the time) so why replace him with his whiny little son that had more bark than bite?

The scavenger hunt gave us a little more to do while we waited for the big showdown, and even gave us a nice backpiece as a reward, but if you for whatever reason decided to drop it, you’re screwed because we didn’t have the wardrobe system in place.

Why not bring back some of the year 1 skins like the ones we could only get as a drop? Lots of people weren’t blessed by RNGesus and didn’t get anything from the Mad King boss fight (all I got was a crappy 10 slot trick-or-treat bag that no longer exists now.) I would love another shot at getting the Greatsaw, and would prefer not spending almost 1500g for the skin.

Oh, and they removed Reaper’s Rumble for whatever reason. Bring that back too, because that was a lot of fun as well.

(edited by Vrita.7846)

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

wont be a biggie for me if its a repeat of last years one, i stopped playing just before that up till the start of season 2.

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They need to bring back year 1’s event. Last year was such a disappointment. No scavenger hunt, ruined clocktower experience, the boss fight was a joke, and the year 1 weapons were replaced with mediocre crap that was hiding behind black lion weapon scraps.

The fight against the Mad King was actually interesting and quite challenging (at the time) so why replace him with his whiny little son that had more bark than bite?

The scavenger hunt gave us a little more to do while we waited for the big showdown, and even gave us a nice backpiece as a reward, but if you for whatever reason decided to drop it, you’re screwed because we didn’t have the wardrobe system in place.

Why not bring back some of the year 1 skins like the ones we could only get as a drop? Lots of people weren’t blessed by RNGesus and didn’t get anything from the Mad King boss fight (all I got was a crappy 10 slot trick-or-treat bag that no longer exists now.) I would love another shot at getting the Greatsaw, and would prefer not spending almost 1500g for the skin.

Oh, and they removed Reaper’s Rumble for whatever reason. Bring that back too, because that was a lot of fun as well.

This ^^

I really liked the mini dungeon during year 1. I hope it comes back this year.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I would love another shot at getting the Greatsaw, and would prefer not spending almost 1500g for the skin.

They’d need to be very careful not to kill the value of things that have become as costly as precursors.

So far, they’ve been good with the ticket scheme as far as not destroying the value of limited items that people have spent a ton of gold on. The biggest reason we haven’t seen the precursor scavenger hunt released is because they are aware that throwing something in the game that completely crushes the existing market value of rare items that people have spent thousands of gold on is not good for the game. I have one friend who busted their kitten and spent 3k on the greatsaw back in the summer and another one that sunk a ton of gold into the black shield. If they do a 180 and implicitly make valuable skins cheap, they set a bad precedent for future policy.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: ArtemusHunter.9521

ArtemusHunter.9521

I would love another shot at getting the Greatsaw, and would prefer not spending almost 1500g for the skin.

They’d need to be very careful not to kill the value of things that have become as costly as precursors.

So far, they’ve been good with the ticket scheme as far as not destroying the value of limited items that people have spent a ton of gold on. The biggest reason we haven’t seen the precursor scavenger hunt released is because they are aware that throwing something in the game that completely crushes the existing market value of rare items that people have spent thousands of gold on is not good for the game. I have one friend who busted their kitten and spent 3k on the greatsaw back in the summer and another one that sunk a ton of gold into the black shield. If they do a 180 and implicitly make valuable skins cheap, they set a bad precedent for future policy.

They could release another quality colour of the skins in the same vendor that gives candy corn cobs, and require a hefty price and make those account bound on aquire, and then change the quality colour of the skins on the TP to a higher quality and keep those the way they are currently.

Market doesn’t get flooded with more of the high value items, current market items on the TP still hold value as they are tradable, and people get what they want.

IGN: Floyd Hunter
TheRavingNecromancer.tumblr.com

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Better idea! They bring back all the old skins with them being fully tradable, lots of players get what they want, and the people holding on to old skins for a fortune get a reminder that this is an MMO. Situations change, and kitten happens, that’s the risk of playing with big money in the market.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

They could release another quality colour of the skins in the same vendor that gives candy corn cobs, and require a hefty price and make those account bound on aquire, and then change the quality colour of the skins on the TP to a higher quality and keep those the way they are currently.

Market doesn’t get flooded with more of the high value items, current market items on the TP still hold value as they are tradable, and people get what they want.

That would be a decent compromise. Even better, “reimagine” some of the popular old skins instead of just a recolor. A Greatsaw MKII, for example.

Better idea! They bring back all the old skins with them being fully tradable, lots of players get what they want, and the people holding on to old skins for a fortune get a reminder that this is an MMO. Situations change, and kitten happens, that’s the risk of playing with big money in the market.

They have to be careful about jerking around the playerbase by suddenly fooling with the value of expensive “luxury” items. Personally, I’d like the ghastly shield but I really don’t want to a play game where you grind and save up tons of gold to get rare, limited time items only to have to have the publisher arbitrarily decide to tank their market value.

(edited by panzer.6034)

Halloween event

in Living World

wwwes.1398

Get skins you want and understand they might be available again, that’s my advice. There are good reasons to lock off content, “you should have been there” ain’t one

Halloween event

in Living World

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

They posted last minute, in a small sentence on a blog post the day before…and then rehashed the same release page from last year…First time since 2005 (release of gw1) with no new mad king story line….really anet? And you couldn’t even re add reapers rumble or the mad king dungeon? This is why I play other mmo’s and casually come back for updates here and there.

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server