I think I figured out who "E" is.

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

So, to start off, i’m going to provide some context. Many many weeks back there was another thread about E, and I remember someone making the link between Guild Wars 2’s Mr. E and Scooby Doo’s Mr. E. Assuming inspiration for the character was taken from that, let’s continue…

The Biconics are relatively known for being the second incarnation of Destiny’s Edge by the fanbase. What I find interesting is that in Scooby Doo, Mr. E was a member of the “old team”, with the main characters in Scooby Doo being the “new team”. Now, why is this important?

Well, because during Dragon Bash 2013, we see Logan Thackeray (DE 1.0/Old Team) interacting with Marjory and Kasmeer (DE 2.0/New Team) in a cinematic. In-fact, it was the cinematic we first saw Marjory and Kasmeer in, ever, and the first time we met Marjory (Kasmeer was a random npc on southsun cove during Secret of Southsun if anyone remembers).

So, is Logan Thackeray “Mr. E”? It makes sense, given how our first interaction with Marjory and kasmeer as main characters also involved Logan. And Marjory later asked Logan specifically who E was back around Origins of Madness/ Edge of the Mists in the beginning of 2014.

Has ArenaNet been giving us hints all along that it’s Logan? After all, Logan has had connections with people in Lion’s Arch, and seeing how he (or whoever E is) contacts Anise in Dragon’s Reach, Part 2 giving her information to defend the queen with. Well… I think you get my point.

Discuss!

(Also want to note that IIRC in Scooby Doo Mr. E was sort of there the entire time but the main characters never made the connection that that was who he was. But I could be wrong about that detail, so correct me if i’m wrong.)

(edited by Sorann Peace.9056)

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

@Baoz, that is rude and unproductive.

I don’t think it’s implausible, Logan is a Seraph which could explain why we were contacted by E about the initial ‘disturbance in Brisban Wildlands’ stuff.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s anything concrete to grasp on to; so sure it could be Logan, but it could still just as easily be someone else. It could just be the Order of Whispers for all we know.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I very much doubt that it’s Logan. He’s just not the kind of guy to have extensive information networks and operate clandestinely. Besides, if your character is human, he’s already on a first name basis with you. Why would he bother concealing his identity with the player?

in Living World

Posted by: crosknight.3041

crosknight.3041

I very much doubt that it’s Logan. He’s just not the kind of guy to have extensive information networks and operate clandestinely. Besides, if your character is human, he’s already on a first name basis with you. Why would he bother concealing his identity with the player?

he’s pretty much on a first name basis with all PC at this point (except those players who havent finished the Personal story yet)

though sometime tells me it may have something to do with the zepherite leader: who we saw wander off near the end of the first episode of this living story: seemed to know more then he was letting on.

in Living World

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

My out of the box guess – Sayeh al’Rajihd. Knows the PC, operates in shadows, speaks in deep voice…

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Hrrmn. Logan doesn’t seem to be the type to be as competent as Mr. E seems to be in clandestine activities. Admittedly, hiding a covert identity behind an outwardly incompetent public face is a trope that goes back to the Scarlet Pimpernel if not before, but that usually involves the public face being of a foppish aristocraft or playboy millionaire, not a skilled fighter. Instead, that points to a certain aristocraft that’s been made fun of in the Living Story since Return to Southsun.

Previously, I’ve thought E might be Shining Blade, but Anise seems to regard E as a free, albeit possibly allied, agent (but then, that might be part of the cover). The Order of Whispers has no shortage of human male agents, including Doern Velazquez’ trolling of the players over being a human that is surprised (or pretends to be) over being asked if he’s Krytan.

Going back a little further, I wonder if there might be some connection between E and Vael… or Vael’s employer.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I think we are E. That is, the player character is E. My theory is, back in the introductory parts of the personal story the player character got a bump on the head and as a result developed an alternate personality which mostly lurks in the back of the player character’s mind but sometimes comes out and takes action. That’s why sometimes the player character meets people he or she thinks he or she has met before but the person being met doesn’t seem to remember meeting the player character, and also why later on stuff gets mentioned that the player character has no memory of whatsoever. Because he or she was E when it happened.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Its Edward Nigma. He wants to sell you his box and eat your brainwaves with a spoon to learn all your perverse fantasies!

in Living World

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I doubt that Logan is “E”, because:

1. Why would he call himself “E”?
2. He was kinda upset that he didn’t know that Jennah is just an illusion when she was attacked by Scarlet during the ceremony for the Queen’s Gauntlet.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I’m still hoping it’s Elli.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

On the one hand, would be weird since a lot of players won’t have a clue who she is thus making it anticlimactic. On the other hand she IS in OoW and is relevant to the personal story. So it could be, but I’d guess not just because she’s too unknown.

in Living World

Posted by: Fingolfin.6917

Fingolfin.6917

I bet our mysterious “E” is no one else than “AnisE” herself!
I hope we get more of her background, secrets , plans and schemes in the next parts…

in Living World

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

The Order of Whispers has no shortage of human male agents

Wait. Where is it established that “E” is male? Or human, for that matter? The letters are only signed with the initial. Voices can be disguised, or provided by some confederate fronting for “E”.

in Living World

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

pretty sure its that dwarf in the priory

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Logan is a possibility but remember that like Ellen Kiel he is in charge of a lot of troops and if he wants something done he can use his troops. He can ask the player characters to join his troops in what they are doing. He doesn’t need to use secret messages and code names.

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

You guys are missing the twist……

….. Snaff is still alive.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

The Order of Whispers has no shortage of human male agents

Wait. Where is it established that “E” is male? Or human, for that matter? The letters are only signed with the initial. Voices can be disguised, or provided by some confederate fronting for “E”.

It’s mostly circumstantial, however:

• From the same story, unless E used some powerful magic to hide it, Marjory was in a position where she’d most likely know E’s race and gender. There’s no mention of surprise about E’s race, so it’s likely that E’s race is the race that would not be noteworthy within Divinity’s Reach. And when Mr. E is discussed in the Living Story, Marjory never even speculates that the ‘Mister’ part might not be accurate.
  • Most of E’s activity is in Kryta – while E has directed the players to other places, in fact, every time we’ve heard of E doing something personally rather than through sending someone else, it’s been in Divinity’s Reach. E being human would a) explain why he seems to have more interest in Kryta than the nations of other races, and b) would give him a greater ability to blend in than a member of another race would have.

None of this absolutely confirms that E is a human male, however it does mean that I’d be inclined to look at human males over other candidates.

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

There was some random NPC that showed up in the middle of the first LS when LA was wrecked and everyone was relocated to the Vigil keep. I don’t remember his name, but he said he was vigil without ever wearing their uniform and was very flip about the whole thing saying that he came and went as he pleased a lot. He also knew a lot about us even though we never met before (according to the convo had with him). Does anyone else remember this person?

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Living World

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I finally figured out who this “E” character is. It’s Elminster.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It’s the Master of Peace.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There was some random NPC that showed up in the middle of the first LS when LA was wrecked and everyone was relocated to the Vigil keep. I don’t remember his name, but he said he was vigil without ever wearing their uniform and was very flip about the whole thing saying that he came and went as he pleased a lot. He also knew a lot about us even though we never met before (according to the convo had with him). Does anyone else remember this person?

You speak of Dougal Keane, the main character of the first GW novel: Ghosts of Ascalon.

He has always been near the dungeon vendors (Fort Marriner, Vigil Keep, and now, iirc, where the vendors are).

He’s not really that suspicious, actually is a Vigil member, is allowed to not wear their uniform by special permission of Almorra (given that he retrieved the Claw of the Khan-Ur, which allowed the charr/human peace treaty talks to begin, he’s allowed special treatment) and hates politics, as pointed out in the novel.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Miss Terree. Not a guy at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Konig, who do you think E is? And who do you think talked to Master of Peace in Glint’s Lair? :P

in Living World

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Mr.E is Glints child.

SPOILER:

That deep voice in the end of the new chapter who gives the master of peace the egg.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

The voice is most definitely Glint’s child, imo.

Mister E is most likely not that dragon. I think Marjory would have been able to tell if a dragon snuck up behind her and covered her mouth and had a blade to her in the middle of Divinity’s Reach.

I think Mister E is either Master of Peace, or someone working with him and Ogden (Ogden mentions others being interested – very Whisper like, but I don’t think he refers to them; I think he’s referring to a group that includes himself, Master of Peace, Livia, Pale Tree, and Mister E – why Pale Tree? the vision; why Livia? She knows a lot of the Elder Dragons in Sea of Sorrows; why Mister E? Seems like that’d be part of his cup of tea, in all honesty, given he sent us after Scarlet and Mordrem).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Oh PLEASE let it be her! It would be awesome if it was, but it wouldn’t make much sense now that I think about it. But it could just be a cover that she uses in that PS mission.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Could it be possible that Mr. E is not one person but a group working under the identity of Mr. E? It makes more sense to me that a group could be working together and gather and share info together than having one person know a lot of different info.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Could it be Ela Mackay? I know everyone’s assuming that E’s a male… but how hard can it be to change your voice slightly, especially if you have magic/a wealth of Priory magic artifacts at your disposal. I mean… Arrow and Batman do it and noone ever works out who they are

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

From the description of Marjory’s first encounter with E, I get the impression that Marjory’s back was pulled up against E’s chest. I may be imagining it wrong, or there may be some other reason that means this isn’t the giveaway of gender it might otherwise be, but it does require a little more than changing the pitch of your voice.

Personally, my thought is that Mr. E does not necessarily actually have an E initial, but is just amused at having a pseudonym that sounds like ‘mystery’.

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Mr. E is obviously an Order of Whispers Agent. No other order can pull off such crazy moves.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The identity of E seems obvious to me: Eeeeeyyyy it’s Livia!

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

So, E is the 5th letter of the alphabet, and Mr. E means Mystery, and the sum of the letter is 125 (13+25+19+20+5+18+25), so 125/5=25, 25 is the age of a firstborn sylvari, there are 12 firstborn sylvari and 3 have to be revealed, 12×3=36 → 3+6=9, Harbinger has 9 letters, Malyck is the Harbinger, Malyck is Mr. E.

You can congratulate me later.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Mr. E is obviously an Order of Whispers Agent. No other order can pull off such crazy moves.

Sure they can . . . they just don’t.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

So, E is the 5th letter of the alphabet, and Mr. E means Mystery, and the sum of the letter is 125 (13+25+19+20+5+18+25), so 125/5=25, 25 is the age of a firstborn sylvari, there are 12 firstborn sylvari and 3 have to be revealed, 12×3=36 -> 3+6=9, Harbinger has 9 letters, Malyck is the Harbinger, Malyck is Mr. E.

You forgot to announce that Half-Life 3 is confirmed.

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

So, E is the 5th letter of the alphabet, and Mr. E means Mystery, and the sum of the letter is 125 (13+25+19+20+5+18+25), so 125/5=25, 25 is the age of a firstborn sylvari, there are 12 firstborn sylvari and 3 have to be revealed, 12×3=36 -> 3+6=9, Harbinger has 9 letters, Malyck is the Harbinger, Malyck is Mr. E.

You forgot to announce that Half-Life 3 is confirmed.

And Cantha, my bad!

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

It’s later.

Congratulations. On creating the longest, most convoluted string of kittenpull I have ever seen +1

in Living World

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Mr.E is Glints child.

SPOILER:

That deep voice in the end of the new chapter who gives the master of peace the egg.

Same thought’s I have been thinking E is Glint’s child. That’s using the premise of something that can see or had seen events unfolding and could maneuver them. The other one in that train of thought is the Eternal Alchemy itself.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

(edited by TheGrimm.5624)

in Living World

Sorann Peace.9056

Some things I want to point out in response to some comments, some of which are things that I already knew that other people have posted though, so bear that in mind.
——————————
Point #1: What About The Name?
Mr. E in Scooby Doo is a pseudonym for “Mystery”. In-fact, Mai Trin back during Dragon Bash in Guild Wars 2 was supposed to be a pseudonym for “Matron”, since she first appears attempting to heal the victims of the Dragon Bash attack. It’s not implausible “Mr. E” is meant to be a pseudonym for Mystery just like in Scooby Doo, and that in-fact the letter E has zero to do with the person’s real name.

(Also want to point out that in Scooby Doo, “Mr. E” always signed his letters with the letter “E”. He never actually wrote the “Mr.” part, but the main characters assumed he was male, just like in Guild Wars 2.)
——————————
Point #2: The Characteristics Don’t Match Up
In the short story where E first appears, E is described as having a heavy, masculine hand and a deep voice. Simply put, he puts his hand on Marjory’s shoulder, Marjory thinks it feels masculine, and whoever it was had a deep voice, characteristic of males. In addition, the fact whoever it was managed to put a hand on her shoulder indicates it was not an asura or charr. Asura because they’re too small, charr because well… claws. Sylvari too, since sylvari hands most likely feel like foliage, and I don’t think sylvari hands can feel masculine or feminine.

(Maybe it was a norn, though? Meh.)
——————————
Point #3: Appearances Are A Predicament
There haven’t been too many appearances of E, and each appearance fits perfectly in line with Logan’s sphere of knowledge.

For example, the first appearance was in the short story. Divinity’s Reach.

The second appearance was during Dragon Bash. The letter claimed that something suspicious was going on and was likely to go down in the city. (We later had a hint thrown at us that Logan had some connections with Theo Ashford, the dead guy from Dragon Bash whom Ellen Kiel replaced on the Captain’s Council.)

The third appearance was during Edge of the Mists, though he didn’t really relay any information, it was mostly a mention by Marjory of him sending letters to her.

The fourth appearance was during the first episode of Living World Season 2, when we received a letter talking about stuff going on in Brisban. Logan’s captain of the seraph, and seeing as seraph were stationed there, it makes sense he’d know. Not to mention, the letter indicated that whoever E is did not know exactly what was going on beyond the border of Brisban, which if E is Logan, also makes sense.
——————————
Point #4: Arguments For and Against Possible Characters
Some of the ideas of who E might be in this thread have faults. For example, it can’t possibly be the Master of Peace because we first met him during Bazaar of the Four Winds, which took place after the events of Dragon Bash in which E first contacted us.

I doubt it’s Ellen Kiel either since she clearly didn’t know something was going to go down when it did at Dragon Bash, and she doesn’t have access to the kinds of information E had been relaying to us, such as the Brisban thing. Also, why would Kiel be in Divinity’s Reach, and i’m pretty sure Kiel’s hand isn’t masculine. She also doesn’t have a deep voice like the short story says.

Glint’s baby? Yeah, no. First off, I don’t think an unhatched baby dragon can speak. Second, the Master of Peace would not have been in DR at the time of the short story, so how did the egg get to DR? The Zephyrites had supposedly not landed for decades before Bazaar of the Four Winds happened.

I don’t think it could be Evon either, and i’ll say this pre-emptively since it’s a popular notion. Simply put, Evon, while he’s a merchant giant, and probably has hundreds of contacts, why would he contact us during Dragon Bash when he likely barely even knew us if at all prior to Dragon Bash? The first time he got to know us at all was afterwards, during Cutthroat Politics and Bazaar of the Four Winds.

As an aside, speaking of why someone would contact us during Dragon Bash if they didn’t know us already, what if E did know us already? Logan probably knows the player (us) very well if the story assumes we participated in the dungeon storylines and killed Zhaitan with him and the rest of Destiny’s Edge. You don’t have to be human, even, for it to work.
——————————
Let me know if I missed anything.

in Living World

Sorann Peace.9056

Unfortunately, I would’ve added more to my recent post, but it told me I had exceeded the limit of characters allowed in a single post, so let me quickly fill the rest in here.

Point #3: Appearances Are A Predicament (Continued)

The third appearance also featured Marjory directly asking Logan who ‘E’ was, indicating that she either thought Logan was E, or that he knew who E was. This took place at the end of Origins of Madness.

The fifth appearance of E was during The Dragon’s Reach, Part 2. This is where E gives Countess Anise information with which to defend Queen Jennah. This fits perfectly with Logan since he’s not only known to be in love with Jennah, thus wanting to defend her, but he also has been shown to have some connections with the Shining Blade and the Ministry, specifically in his knowledge of the goings-on and people in that group.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

But wouldn’t Marjory be able to recognize the voice if it was indeed Logan? They have spoken to one another, if it was him, i’m sure a character know for being an actual detective, would recognize his voice.

Also, when people talk about Glint’s baby, tehy don’t mean the egg. They are talking about Glimmer, the baby dragon that we protected in guild wars 1. Obviously he’d have to still be alive (which we odn’t really know for sure) and can’t have been the one who personally went to marjory (a dragon would be quite conspicuous in DR) but he could ahve sent someone from the zephyrites (not master of peace) to relay the message. while i’m not sure this theorie holds much ground, Glimmer, assuming he has his mothers oracle abilities, would be able to get this information without having to be on the spot.

Anyhow, i personally don’t think it’s logan (it ‘s possible, but doesn’t seem like him) nor Glimmer (because we really don’t even know if he actually exists)

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Could it be Ela Mackay? I know everyone’s assuming that E’s a male… but how hard can it be to change your voice slightly, especially if you have magic/a wealth of Priory magic artifacts at your disposal. I mean… Arrow and Batman do it and noone ever works out who they are

I’m actually betting on this, too. I don’t think we ever met her before, even if Priory members seemed to have (off camera, perhaps). She sends a message to us, out of the blue, similar to how E sends us a message back in Chapter 1. I can only presume such familiarity is her forgetting how she signed her letter before (although that’d be strange, too).

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Say, about those letters. Surely there must be some form of boo boo wheeze calculator thingee out there somewhere that can analyze those letters (maybe even some handwriting expert hoping to find gainful employment) and perhaps determine from whence (and whom) they came. Any postage stamps or post marks on the envelope or scroll case? How, exactly, are they delivered?

Just one more thing, where are all the post offices in Tyria?

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

I think Glimmer is a great theory. If anybody would be great at hiding with illusions, a spawn of kralk would be it. Maybe he can only do it for short times and therefore most of the time has to communicate through mail. Would also explain some of the strange things he knows, if he’s actually pulling strings in the background.

I think Logan is a good idea too, if nothing for making his character more interesting. Would be harder to make plausible though.

in Living World

Posted by: Xyvol.1265

Xyvol.1265

I don’t think it’s Logan. Sure, he hired Jory during Dragon Bash to make sure Theo’s murderer was caught, but he did go to her himself. There’s no need for him to be sneaky with the player, especially since the LS is after the PS, where the player worked along side him. If he needed something, he’d just say it. “Hey, Player Name, it’s Logan. I need you to go do this thing ‘cause I’m busy and also don’t want to get Krytan politics involved.” Then we’d say no problem, and the story would start. The latest letter about Jennah just doesn’t fit at all. Logan’s more reactive when it comes to his love, er, Queen. It seems to me if he knew any information about the situation he’d be involved. I also get a feeling there’s a little bit of resentment towards Anise regarding her closeness to the Queen.

Ela Makkay has been around since the start of the LS, she didn’t just recently show up. According to the wiki, she’s been here since Flame and Frost. I personaly remember her giving out exposition during The Origins of Madness, and helping in the Vigil refugee camp during Escape/Battle for Lion’s Arch. More recently she was on the Zephyr Sanctum, excited to be learing about the Zephyrites. I was worried she went down with the ship, until she turned up again in the latest episode.

I hear that the term “Mister E” is a reference to Scooby Doo, but I don’t think we’ll be pulling off any masks to reveal a known character. I think when E is finally revealed, it will be a new character.
Perhaps the “Elim” we almost got?

in Living World

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

“Mr. E”‘s identity is an interesting topic… but I’m more interested in who “Your Herald” is – you know, the guy who sends you all the in-game mail as you move through PS and work on map completion.

I don’t think “Mr.E” is a member of Destiny’s Edge. I think that’s too easy. I think Mr. E will wind up being some toon who has an actual reason to obscure his/her identity when communicating with Biconics. It doesn’t make any sense to me that Logan, or any member of DE, would use an alias to communicate with allies of a friend (the player character) who they killed an elder dragon with.

I think Mr. E will wind up being some secondary character previous seen at some point during PS after you join an Order or will be some secondary character who appeared in LS1. Either that, or potentially a much older character who would prefer to just go unnoticed or forgotten.

I quite like the idea of “E” being Ogden but, that doesn’t make much sense based on what we know of Ogden in GW2.

Personally, my money is on “E” being either Ellen K. or Evon G. Given these two, I would say that Ellen K. being “E” is the more sensible of the two as Evon G is more a scoundrel. Plus, Ellen being “E” fills in the context of the “E” and seems to fit in with the players relationship with her – which is something that transcends just a professional relationship but, isn’t quite friendship.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Also, when people talk about Glint’s baby, tehy don’t mean the egg. They are talking about Glimmer, the baby dragon that we protected in guild wars 1.

Uh… Where’d you get the name Glimmer?

I think Glimmer is a great theory.

To you and all those who think that Glint’s child is E, explain to me this:

How can a dragon cover Marjory’s mouth and bring a knife to her throat, in the middle of Divinity’s Reach?

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Also, when people talk about Glint’s baby, tehy don’t mean the egg. They are talking about Glimmer, the baby dragon that we protected in guild wars 1.

Uh… Where’d you get the name Glimmer?

I think Glimmer is a great theory.

To you and all those who think that Glint’s child is E, explain to me this:

How can a dragon cover Marjory’s mouth and bring a knife to her throat, in the middle of Divinity’s Reach?

Honestly? i jsut saw someone say the name and thought it sounded cute, so now i refer to the child dragon as Glimmer :p (just like the DSD is referred to as bubbles, and yes it is confusing to not add “baby dragon” to it i guess) The name doesn’t really matter though :p

I actually touched that in an earlier post i made mentioning this theory. As this is just a theory by no means confirmed and could be 100% nonsense. Thus meaning i don’t “think” it’s glimmer, it’s jsut a fun theory that could or could not be true. But it would be Glimmer (the baby dragon) using his connections, those who are bound to protect glint and as a result her offspring, to do this for him. We know that the Zephyrites took over that position and that tehy are mainly humans, so they wouldn’t stick out in DR. Ofc a dragon can’t jsut walk in DR hold a knife over her throat, don’t be silly :p

This is just a simple theory that doesn’t have anything really pointing to it, but sounds interesting nonetheless.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

On the one hand, would be weird since a lot of players won’t have a clue who she is thus making it anticlimactic. On the other hand she IS in OoW and is relevant to the personal story. So it could be, but I’d guess not just because she’s too unknown.

She’s one of the more important characters in the later parts of the personal story. Players would have to not be paying any attention to not know who she is, unless they’ve just forgotten her because they did the living story so long ago.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

But it would be Glimmer (the baby dragon) using his connections, those who are bound to protect glint and as a result her offspring, to do this for him. We know that the Zephyrites took over that position and that tehy are mainly humans, so they wouldn’t stick out in DR. Ofc a dragon can’t jsut walk in DR hold a knife over her throat, don’t be silly :p

Still hits two roadblocks:

1. E is the person Marjory met. So if the person Marjory met is not ‘Glimmer’ then Glimmer is not E.
  2. Why would E focus solely/mostly on Krytan politics (everything has been LA or DR politics, or related to the Krytan nation) if he/she was a Zephyrite?

She’s one of the more important characters in the later parts of the personal story. Players would have to not be paying any attention to not know who she is, unless they’ve just forgotten her because they did the living story so long ago.

She only shows up in the asura VAL-A golem, sylvari chapter 3 and Whispers’ plan after Further into Orr.

A human, charr, or norn who goes with the Priory or Vigil’s plan will never meet Elli until the party after Zhaitan’s defeat.

And given that most people play humans, and most prefer the Priory plan, that would be most people.

Dear ANet writers,

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Evon Gnashblade:
Evon founded the BLTC back when Charr/Human hostilities were still brewing, as an agent for the Ash Legion.
It gave the charr an invaluable legitimate reason to be in Kryta, while he could use his thief abilities to move stealthily in human towns and even Divinity’s Reach.
When peace broke out he was mostly a free agent, but it’s almost impossible to believe that the Order of Whispers was ignorant of this, so he’s probably in an intelligence sharing operation with them. With Trading Posts everywhere, information throws freely into his office and if anyone ever questioned that he could explain it was all for smart investing. That would explain why Delaqua Investigations isn’t hurting for money and most importantly why he could not deal with the situation at the Dragon Bash himself.

The only other theory I like is Livia and the lack of necromancy rules her out.