If a Living Story Hero turns Bad, who?

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Thoughts?

If you were to vote “one” of the five LS chars (Braham/Rox/Taimi/Jory/Kas) to turn evil for a temporary (or even permanent leading to their death) level of time, who would it be and why?

in Living World

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Everyone be ready to bow down to their new master…Taimi! She’s a little TOO interested in Scarlet’s work…

in Living World

Posted by: Yinello.7068

Yinello.7068

Rox, because it would be incredibly unexpected.

Ginni Gruesome, Necromancer of the College of Synergetics

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Kiel or Treherne

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Nobody.
If you see somebody described as evil, he’s evil.
If someone is good, he’s good.

This game lacks any grey side when original lore is full of it. Shame, real shame for writers.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Nobody.

This game lacks any grey side when original lore is full of it. Shame, real shame for writers.

Canach.

Also Scarlet to a small degree. She wasn’t necessarily evil, but rather possessed.

And we still don’t know what Caithe did, but she’s an interesting character anyway. Like the scene in the personal story where you decide to save the nightmare courtier and she slits his throat in front of you.

Ironically these are all slyvari. They need to find some morals!

Edit: The Inquest are sort of morally ambiguous as well. It reminds me of the debate about whether using kitten German WWII medical research is acceptable. (It’s not, because they didn’t follow the scientific method.)

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Living World

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

Treherne

This

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Nobody.

Canach.

He’s a good boy now.

Unless it’s just temporary cloak to achieve freedom. I hope it is

As for Caithe, I do agree. She’s the only member of DE after Rytlock I like, none of the rest is interesting

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Nobody.

Canach.

He’s a good boy now.

As for Caithe, I do agree. She’s the only member of DE after Rytlock I like, none of the rest is interesting

He takes justice into his own hands like a vigilante. Nananananananana Canachman! Right now he’s just in jail. Which that in itself doesn’t make him good.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It would be a partnership between Evon and Death-o-Tron.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Well, there is one human too many.

in Living World

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

Jory? Ministry Guard, Necro, mysterious benefactors…. hard to say where she actually stands in moral alignment.

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Frostbite.

It’s pretty obvious he is evil the way he sits there watching us all with those pools of unforgiving darkness that are his eyes.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Heal-o-Tron will become Death-o-Tron.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Heal-o-Tron will become Death-o-Tron.

He convinced Evon to make him amazing armor… because he was planning on stealing the weapons from Scarlet’s base…

…and becoming Death-o-Tron, the destroyer of worlds.

Good game, Tyria, good game.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Living World

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Caithe!!!! I have a feeling she would make for a very good villian

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Living World

Posted by: Cenex.4089

Cenex.4089

Kas has a bit of an Annakin Skywalker complex going on.

in Living World

Posted by: Invidia.9074

Invidia.9074

I go for Braham – not now, but in the eventual Jormag LS some further in the future. He’s the perfect candidate: mommy issues, problems with possible interracial romance. I can see him becoming corrupted by Jormag due to this. Taimi may have hints of this as well, searching for a cure to her condition. We all saw her fascination with Scarlet – how can we be sure she won’t get fascinated with Inquest and their genius, regardless of theirmorally ambiguous methods?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Nobody.

Canach.

He’s a good boy now.

I actually like Eir a fair bit. If I had come across her after GW2 in general I wouldn’t have liked her, but I liked how she took on the responsibility of her leader role. That was something I could identify with, her decisions weighed heavy on her mind. Today I would see her as another “good hero” doing the “right thing” like every other “hero”.

I do agree Caithe and Rytlock are the strongest (with Zojja and Logan being the weakest or least enjoyable).

If you’re drawing from the main five characters, I can only see it being Marjory or maybe Taimi (but she would be trivially redeemed). The other characters are written like they came out of an episode of Care Bears. I find Rox’s portrayal of a charr to be more depressing as time goes on. I liked them as fierce, disciplined and militant warriors. I believe there is room in Tyria for characters that break that mold but I resent that it’s a main character, it’s not an interesting story imo and it betrays what I love about the charr. It’s a continuous trend I see from Angel when she talks about lore – she seems to committed to defining Tyria in a way that allows you to role play unrestricted (you can still role play as an unusual character if you want freedom to break the norms) and less committed to building an engrossing and well defined world with flavour filled cultures and experienced. Compare her inclusive explanation of charr love based relationships to Scott’s flavorful explanation of the pragmatic asuran relationships, or Angel’s non-committal answer when it comes to giving any frame work to view ranger relationships with their pets. I can understand the desire to leave the lore open to role paying creativity, but rules often lead to more creative endeavors than total freedom.

Destiny’s Edge has too much conflict but this new group has too much love and cuddles, their plots are boring and their roles in the story are all about them and not about the story. It feels like the writers are using tokenism or role breaking as a crutch to make them interesting rather than utilising what makes Tyria an interesting place in the first place (Taimi is the exception – she’s also the strongest rooted in the plot and the most in character for her race).

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I think if I was to make this about DE, then id say Eir would be the most interesting fallen heroine of the lot.

The reason for this being that her grief at the loss of Snaff, and her failure to be a leader, plus she is the oldest member of the group, makes her the ideal character for a tragic villain role.

It may not be impossible to assume even after defeating Zhaitan she hasn’t completely let go of her desperate desire to prove herself, which may sadly lead her to do something reckless, like try taking on Jourmag on her own, and failing.

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If from DE, Garm. He’s the only one that still relies on Eir, and I get the feeling that Rytlock liked him. (During Flame and Frost, you could enter his office and see a trophy he and Garm won together.) If something corrupted him, I could see Eir refusing to put him down, even if it means he’s going to kill her. Rytlock could find himself in the position of needing to step in and do it, a bitter reflection on his views that Logan is to blame for the loss of their first member.

From the new group? Braham. He seems to be falling into the likable big guy mold, and he’s the least offensive or disturbing, by and large. If I was a villain and wanted to take out that group, I’d target him for corruption first. I think he’d fall the easiest, and affect more of the team.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

MARJORY, obviously!

She already has the black clothes fetish. She’s a thief by profession. She very conveniently avoided direct participation in Scarlet’s death. Breaking Kasmeer’s heart and laughing would stir real anger at her with the players who care about plot. (Dare I suspect murdering Kaz?) Her headquarters is at “The Dead End”… foreshadowing? Not to mention, her voice is just… spooky!

And she has already forced many innocent players to fill a valuable spot in their Inventory with “Marjory’s Journal”, that could otherwise be put to better use. And the journal no longer works!

As Marjory herself would say, case closed.

EDIT – I just looked at the picture a little closer… I had always assumed she was holding a quill pen. But what if that’s a plucked feather? She looks eerily pleased with herself…

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

(edited by Hamfast.8719)

in Living World

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

She’s a necro, not a thief.

in Living World

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Is she? Never really seen her in “action”. Was going by her daggers (yes, I know Necro uses daggers too), and her armor looks like a Medium set (all trench-coaty).

But Necro is even further evidence she could easily be the one to turn evil (if one of them did).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Living World

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Is she? Never really seen her in “action”. Was going by her daggers (yes, I know Necro uses daggers too), and her armor looks like a Medium set (all trench-coaty).

But Necro is even further evidence she could easily be the one to turn evil (if one of them did).

Have we been playing the same game?? She uses axe for main and dagger as off-hand, which is also supported by the fact they released Marjory’s Axe and Dagger skins during the Tower LS. In the tower cleanse instance players fight with her and Kasmeer against the Toxic Alliance and the combat skills and animations are those that playable necros use. She wears Trickster armor, which looks more like medium, I’ll give you that, but has been a Light armor in the gemstore for months. She’s not making a million minions to be easily spot as one, but she’s a necro.

OT: Not sure I’d see anyone in this line-up go bad, although Taimi is still fresh to know that well. I’d see Zojja go bad easily, she’s a mean little asura.