Lets take two months off Anet

in Living World

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Anet, please take two months off and deal with the coding issues, its a bigger issues than adding more limited content every few weeks, thanks?

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Lets take 2 months off to eradicate the vast majority of pointless threads that clutter up the living world sub forums with QQ about things that were subject to change and broken promises and the hundreds of scarlet hate threads it mite make the GW2 community look less like a bunch of mewling children.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet, please take two months off and deal with the coding issues, its a bigger issues than adding more limited content every few weeks, thanks?

As WvW players we are the minority of the voice, all pve’rs will be allways right by accepting anything, there are no issues on the eyes of pve more casual players.

Things might get a litle bit more defined(were is anet really working) until the end of teh year.

And btw, Marquie Thomas.1873 dont QQ about a player requesting more atention in some mechanics that are not working or that atleast are working without any effort, as an exemple there are still zone in maps where players are invunerable wich is bad and this is just the small example, if dev’s stopped your LS for 2 months would be for a good cause.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Might or might not help.

I would actually like to slow down content a little bit (I have no problem with 2 weeks release, but with the limited time I have to play I’d really wish it was a 1 month release cycle at least), but I doubt it would work the way you want.

There was a post not too long ago that basically said that the can’t just move people around like that. People that create LS content, for example, do it with already pre-defined tools to do it, and probably has little or no experience in the coding of the game (same with people that create art, voices, cutscenes and so on).

You can’t just grab a LS team and say, “ok stop what you’re doing and fix these bugs instead”, most likely they won’t have the expertise needed, and will probably actually slow down the teams that are working on bugs and coding while they teach them what they need to do.

EDIT: Found it:

…Don’t assume that we can just rearrange resources to work on your particular issue. Most of our teams are very specialized. It takes a long time to build the experience necessary to be a good productive member of the PvP, Story, Systems, or any other team. Just because we have X programmers working on bug fixes and Y working on Gameplay improvements, doesn’t mean we can arbitrarily move those numbers around. It’s just not that simple…

source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development/page/20#post3007420

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Looks like it just amounts to priorities though i do agree that they can’t take a LW team and put them on bug fixes. But if there wasn’t so much new LW fluff there would probably be less bugs. Because new content can be buggy, and also if you’re not prioritizing new content over over quality control then you’d have a larger quality control team and a smaller LW team.

The game is like a cruise ship, the bugs are small holes in the hull, and Living World is what the Cruise Line wants you to see, the top deck.

I’m just amazed i’m on a boat, i never thought i would be on one.

in Living World

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

As WvW players we are the minority of the voice, all pve’rs will be allways right by accepting anything, there are no issues on the eyes of pve more casual players.

Things might get a litle bit more defined(were is anet really working) until the end of teh year.

And btw, Marquie Thomas.1873 dont QQ about a player requesting more atention in some mechanics that are not working or that atleast are working without any effort, as an exemple there are still zone in maps where players are invunerable wich is bad and this is just the small example, if dev’s stopped your LS for 2 months would be for a good cause.

I am not QQ about the post i am saying why put a QQ post in the living story section about bugs if the user wants bug fixes put it in that forum not this one jesus.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Why would you assume it’s the same team in the first place? We learned earlier that a lot if the members working on dungeon content were reallocated to LS. It wouldn’t be implausible to put good resources to work, in terms of lore reconstruction, personal story progression, and Elder Dragon preparations. I wouldn’t mind a two month break in living story to have the teams define and address quality of life issues but the problem comes down to simply, whose job is it?

Would you suggest having the living story members do nothing? I suggested some things they could address in this post but I’m also making pretty strong assumptions, admittedly.

I think the problem with LS is that it hasn’t found its stride yet. We have seemingly random connections and I imagine developers are trying to adapt mid-stride with what the players are requesting or rejecting. I dare say that once Scarlet is over with we will see a much more cohesive and immersive story to follow.

in Living World

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

Why would you assume it’s the same team in the first place? We learned earlier that a lot if the members working on dungeon content were reallocated to LS. It wouldn’t be implausible to put good resources to work, in terms of lore reconstruction, personal story progression, and Elder Dragon preparations. I wouldn’t mind a two month break in living story to have the teams define and address quality of life issues but the problem comes down to simply, whose job is it?

Would you suggest having the living story members do nothing? I suggested some things they could address in this post but I’m also making pretty strong assumptions, admittedly.

I think the problem with LS is that it hasn’t found its stride yet. We have seemingly random connections and I imagine developers are trying to adapt mid-stride with what the players are requesting or rejecting. I dare say that once Scarlet is over with we will see a much more cohesive and immersive story to follow.

id suggest they slow the release of each living story so theres less code being added to an already code stressed game, do it once every two months and make them big additions.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Lets take 2 months off to eradicate the vast majority of pointless threads that clutter up the living world sub forums with QQ about things that were subject to change and broken promises and the hundreds of scarlet hate threads it mite make the GW2 community look less like a bunch of mewling children.

Yes, cause mentioning coding was all about QQ about broken promises, scarlet hate, and whatever other crap you are projecting on it.

Doin a pile of mewling yourself there, elsewhere too.

in Living World

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I agree that a release holiday would contribute to a better game, assuming they used the time to work on core game. This wouldn’t be a permanent solution to game and story quality though, that would only happen should they move the dev cycle out to 2-3 months. Right now they really don’t even have time to think through releases let alone properly develop and test them.