Level 80 character? thank you?

in Living World

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

Being out of the game so long, disbanding it with a lvl 37 elementalist.
Studies drained so much time i couldn’t even touch the shortcut on my laptop i carry with me almost everyday.

Untill today. Going through all the hasstle of submitting a ticket to retrieve your password and waiting just less then an hour to have it fixed.

To top it all off, i log in and see a brand new lvl 80 character on my account.

I mean wow, this support is just awesome!

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Er, were you hacked?

Or did support actually tell you they gave you a level 80? I didn’t think them being able to give you a level 80 in the live game was possible.

in Living World

alwinp.2791

I was being ironic yes. I suppose I have been hacked, I made a ticket to check it out.

Regardless, the guy who played it will feel really bad once he finds out he can no longer access “his” account.

in Living World

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I like how you wrote the story lol, “best customer support ever!”. Also, this is definitely at the wrong section of the forum.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Living World

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

How much assets does that lv80 comes with?

in Living World

alwinp.2791

Further research made it very clear to know a hacker has been playing on my account all this time.

It was moved to a different server, but thanks again to support they stored it on the original server where I played.

@FateOmega. I really have no clue, it had a bunch of lvl 80 rare weapons that don’t have much value. What I found strange is that he still had 20 traits unspent with the other 50 spent on 10 per tree (out of those 5 things). He also didn’t spend any upgrade skillpoint and it was equipped with mostly lvl 39 armor combined with some white 80 parts.

Everything else was remained untouched. Looks like this guy only touched his own char and never even bothered to use mine at all.

Anyway, what section does this belong in?
I figured “living worlds” was like the general discussion area on this forum.

in Living World

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

What was left in your wallet? Its a new feature that contains all your gold, tokens, karma etc… Look at the bottom of your inventory.

Perhaps, you were hacked by someone who just wanted to play GW2 for free, without paying the ‘box’ price?

Or perhaps it was used to bot in lower level deserted areas, where your item levels don’t matter…

Was it a Ranger or Warrior btw? Those are the most used botting classes.

This part of the forum is for discussing the living story which are regular 2 weekly new content updates…

in Living World

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

Yeah there is an actual general disscusion area for general disscusions.

in Living World

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Check the Trading Post too, to see what you’ve been selling recently, and what you may still be currently selling.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Living World

Posted by: segfault.1695

segfault.1695

This is the only hacked account story I have ever read with a happy ending.

in Living World

Posted by: Avatara.1042

This is the only hacked account story I have ever read with a happy ending.

It is not over yet.

in Living World

alwinp.2791

@Meglobob.
I think you are right. The character is a human ranger.
As for my wallet, I still have all my karma and points on my own chars. even my gold has remained untouched (I had about 4 gold when i left, and i have 5 now)

I have the digits of the cc used to buy this game right next to me. should that guy ever strike again I get it recovered right away.

Also, I already submitted a ticket about this and they responded saying the account has been comprimised and it was trasnfered back to my first server for free.

This makes me assume that the support staff is/was aware of the hacker on my account and probably flagged/banned related accounts to that ip.

Also note that i NEVER gave my info to anyone. Ive made that mistake before in a different mmo. I only have 2 friends that play gw2 and they both own their own copy of the game.

I’m pretty sure some guy just used my email back when the email verification service was broken (launcher would send the email, but my inbox never recieved it) and managed to change my password.

in Living World

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I was joking.

Anyway, a level 80 elementalist is the equivalent of a level 2 warrior, so Anet probably let it go.

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I was joking.

Anyway, a level 80 elementalist is the equivalent of a level 2 warrior, so Anet probably let it go.

Except he said it was a lvl 80 human ranger?
Bad joke is bad and even worse when you get the facts wrong

Very interesting and strange story though