Living Story Most of it needs to be PERM

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I Like it mostly……

Content every 2 weeks ? who in the earths name would not like it ?

sadly that’s it….

Why I think its seriously bad ?

Think about it
this happened with me

I gone for a few month come back and…………………….
nothing changed well almost nothing 99% of the stuff are the same.

and the worst part is bicous I LEFT I missed out ALL the loots ALL the story ALL zones

EVERYTHING.

what I want to say is

1. Make the living Story Replayable
2. Make them Perm content with the Zones Always Open or almost always
3.Temporal content like this TOTALY kills people of that want to come back and found out that how much they lost and the world didn’t gained anything Temporal content wont make people that want to come back happy.

what about new players ? they come here start the game and after they start the living story the 1st thing that hits them is how many of game content they never can play again NEVER again and if they need to leave for a few month how many things will they miss out that they NEVER be able to do ever again.

I Like this game
Love the World
Love the Story

but seriously this is putting me off and not just me.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

While I do want all of this to be permanent… wouldn’t that make the Living Story just a… dunno Story?

For now Anet is already determined to keep releasing content every 2 weeks, not much we can do for the new/returning players since supposedly it’s all in the past. If this makes them change their view of the LS then great! but I wouldn’t get my hopes up…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Zoltreez.6435

its just that anyway a Story most of it doesen’t make ANY changes in the game so whats the point ? of corse there are a FEW exceptions but that’s why I said most of it.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

and the worst part is bicous I LEFT I missed out ALL the loots ALL the story ALL zones

Welcome to the real world? If you aren’t present, you don’t get teh lootz.

Here’s an idea: why don’t you actually play the game regularly and you will never miss out on content? I’m pretty sure that’s what Anet is shooting for…

You want to be able to reap the same benefits as people who had the commitment to play, but not actually have to play yourself. God people can be so entitled.

You’re the kind of guy that would get upset if a raffle for a car or something required you to be present to win. OMG why can’t I still win even if I’m not present!!! WAAAAA NO FAIR!!!

It’s to reward people for staying, that’s it. You don’t stay, you don’t get sweet stuff. It is so simple I don’t know why people whine about it.

I was on vacation and missed one of the LS events, missed out on a cool backpiece and everything, you know what I didn’t do? Whine on the forums about it.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

While I do want all of this to be permanent… wouldn’t that make the Living Story just a… dunno Story?

If a war explodes on the real world, the world will be changed. Some people will die, some nations will rise or dissapear. New goverments will be created. Some statues will be erected. And the people will remember what happened, and drop a tear for it.

It doesn’t happen that, when the war is over, magicallly all the world is the same again, like if that war never happened.

To a world be “living” means that new things happens. But those things effects should be permanent. That add deepness to the story, to remember a NPC and said “yeah, she died during the Scarlet invasions big war”, or to go to a place and find it teared apart, or something like that.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in Living World

Zoltreez.6435

Welcome to the real world? If you aren’t present, you don’t get teh lootz.

Here’s an idea: why don’t you actually play the game regularly and you will never miss out on content? I’m pretty sure that’s what Anet is shooting for…

You want to be able to reap the same benefits as people who had the commitment to play, but not actually have to play yourself. God people can be so entitled.

You’re the kind of guy that would get upset if a raffle for a car or something required you to be present to win. OMG why can’t I still win even if I’m not present!!! WAAAAA NO FAIR!!!

It’s to reward people for staying, that’s it. You don’t stay, you don’t get sweet stuff. It is so simple I don’t know why people whine about it.

I was on vacation and missed one of the LS events, missed out on a cool backpiece and everything, you know what I didn’t do? Whine on the forums about it.

you don’t get the Point.

They aren’t adding ANYTHING to the players that would come back or want to come back.

and the new players ? they miss out 90% of the content that Anet added to the game Since the start of the game bicous most of the content was removed that they added.

where is the Point in that ?

and I feel sory for you that you think GW2 is a real world its a game and can be changed.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

in Living World

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

If a war explodes on the real world, the world will be changed. Some people will die, some nations will rise or dissapear. New goverments will be created. Some statues will be erected. And the people will remember what happened, and drop a tear for it.

It doesn’t happen that, when the war is over, magicallly all the world is the same again, like if that war never happened.

To a world be “living” means that new things happens. But those things effects should be permanent. That add deepness to the story, to remember a NPC and said “yeah, she died during the Scarlet invasions big war”, or to go to a place and find it teared apart, or something like that.

I’m fairly aware that there has been almost no changes to the zones of the game, only some additions (to give a couple of examples) like Nolan Hatchery and the Aetherblade JP, which makes it not so “Living”.

I’m just saying that all this things are in the past, those were rewards for the people that managed to play the content and there’s nothing to be done for the loot part, I have also missed plenty of the achievements/rewards (tough luck? ).

The problem in here is that there is not enough changes to the zones, personally I would like to see some permanent changes given what’s happening on the releases. I mean we don’t need like a complete cataclysm to happen in LA to see the difference and be happy, something like what’s happening with the new TA path that the NPC’s talk about Ashford’s death, it’s a small reference but hopefully we’re getting there!

I want them to keep the story going, sorry that I didn’t placed this idea on my first post.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Living World

Zoltreez.6435

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2