Make Mad King Hard please!

in Living World

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

Last year he was far to easy, make him hard or have a choice in difficulty! He needs to smashes some faces with pumkins filled with gasoline this year followed by a nice little candle!

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Prince Oswald says, take one step backwards.

in Living World

Meriem.3504

dont make it too hard otherwise u get lots of QQ ppl in forum spreading hate.. :p
SAB, molten facility, Mad king are some content i truely enjoy.. whether it is hard or not..

He was wayyyy to easy last year…. way to easy….

Prince Oswald says, take one step backwards.

Or maybe I am just the Mad Queen * female Mad King laugh *

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I can tell you that most people did not find the clocktower easy. It is still by far the hardest of all of the JPs released to date.

If they release clocktower and it is the exact same as last year I will be pretty disappointed.

People think the new TA path is too hard, people thought SAB NORMAL mode W2 was hard, I think anything that is harder than holding W and pressing space 3 or 4 times will result in people QQing it is too hard.

I welcome the challenge personally so crank it up a notch. QQers will QQ no matter what difficulty.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Seeing as Halloween is a lighthearted celebration I highly doubt they will make it the most hardcore content ever. Looking at Wintersday and Halloween from last year they were mostly about random fun things nothing more nothing less.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

yeah leave some things just fun why must everything be hard now. these are holiday events you got enough stress this time of year leave the extra stress out of the game

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Sorry, but “Mad Queen Meriem” doesn’t hold a candle to the infamous Mad Queen Malafide.

I can tell you that most people did not find the clocktower easy. It is still by far the hardest of all of the JPs released to date.

If they release clocktower and it is the exact same as last year I will be pretty disappointed.

People think the new TA path is too hard, people thought SAB NORMAL mode W2 was hard, I think anything that is harder than holding W and pressing space 3 or 4 times will result in people QQing it is too hard.

I welcome the challenge personally so crank it up a notch. QQers will QQ no matter what difficulty.

People complain about difficulty, yet they do this for two reasons (from my view):

1. They are too used to all the games where the philosophy is “everybody wins.” They’re too used to getting rewards for little to no effort. Game designers have spoiled players for years, and its only now being reversed.
  2. They – and ArenaNet too – mistake “punishing” for “difficult.” The Mad King’s Clocktower is difficult (at least, IMHO). Things like SAB Tribulation mode? That’s punishment. The difference is the amount of room players are given to adapt on the spot, the amount of ways they have to solve the problem, and how much time it takes to get back to the problem upon failing. Maybe to some the clocktower is punishment rather than difficulty, but overall it isn’t too much – I suppose it depends upon one’s ability to navigate one’s player through all those charr and norn.

I’d love more difficult content (Molten Facility, SAB normal mode, etc.). I’d hate more punishing content (Liadri, her light-based counter part, Aetherblade JP, Aetherblade Retreat, Tequatl, etc.). And I’d hate more grind (carving pumpkins, Tixx’s Workshop dungeon, dancing at effigies, kill x of y, find the dragon’s scales/teeth/crystals, etc.).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Holiday content is kind of in a weird place when it comes to difficulty because it’s something that ANet wants to be sure everyone can participate in. They even scale players up.

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Please don’t. The last three updates left almost nothing for me to enjoy, don’t take away my ability to just sit back and play the game. I don’t want to constantly dodge, block and evade my way though a festival too.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Add “Mad” difficulty :
-More red circles
-Raining cows
-Big, red timer in the middle of the screen, being there just to annoy you
-At 50% you have to do Tower Jumping Puzzle to get to the boss
-Constant burning and torment
-Random DC

Make it hard.
Bring back hardcore content!

/sarcasm
;)

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Meriem.3504

Sorry, but “Mad Queen Meriem” doesn’t hold a candle to the infamous Mad Queen Malafide.

Sorry but I existed before GW 1 was even thought of. If you mean infamous as in a poor copy cat sure!

Please don’t. The last three updates left almost nothing for me to enjoy, don’t take away my ability to just sit back and play the game. I don’t want to constantly dodge, block and evade my way though a festival too.

He was stupid easy though… you could literally just auto attack to death and heal. He could be a lot more epic and they can give him 2 modes!

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Sorry but I existed before GW 1 was even thought of. If you mean infamous as in a poor copy cat sure!

He was stupid easy though… you could literally just auto attack to death and heal. He could be a lot more epic and they can give him 2 modes!

Then give him a dot that if you don’t keep moving you take damage. I always move while attacking anyways; could never see the point in standing in one place as I may as well go for coffee. But overall DON’T make him another teq, I play this game to relax not to be given lessons from “The Art of War”.

in Living World

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

People complain about difficulty, yet they do this for two reasons (from my view):

1. They are too used to all the games where the philosophy is “everybody wins.” They’re too used to getting rewards for little to no effort. Game designers have spoiled players for years, and its only now being reversed.
  2. They – and ArenaNet too – mistake “punishing” for “difficult.” The Mad King’s Clocktower is difficult (at least, IMHO). Things like SAB Tribulation mode? That’s punishment. The difference is the amount of room players are given to adapt on the spot, the amount of ways they have to solve the problem, and how much time it takes to get back to the problem upon failing. Maybe to some the clocktower is punishment rather than difficulty, but overall it isn’t too much – I suppose it depends upon one’s ability to navigate one’s player through all those charr and norn.

I’d love more difficult content (Molten Facility, SAB normal mode, etc.). I’d hate more punishing content (Liadri, her light-based counter part, Aetherblade JP, Aetherblade Retreat, Tequatl, etc.). And I’d hate more grind (carving pumpkins, Tixx’s Workshop dungeon, dancing at effigies, kill x of y, find the dragon’s scales/teeth/crystals, etc.).

Or maybe Mad King Thorn will introduce his new wife… Mad Queen Scarlett!!!!

(runs away chased by a mob with torches and pitchforks)

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Not everything needs to be insanely difficult. As long as it’s fun.

in Living World

Posted by: Manulitar.4389

Manulitar.4389

For me the dungeon was a lot of fun as it was, and great to run it many times in row having halloween fun with guildies, same goes for the wintersday dungeon. I hope there will be dungeons like these during festivals , no need to be super hard in my opinion.

in Living World

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Super hard /= fun

in Living World

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Last year he wasn’t hard but he certainly was fun.

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Mad King is a funny halloween event. So he won’t be too hard.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs