Season 2 Opener [Merged]

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: pdemo.8013

pdemo.8013

What do you think we will see in the Season 2 opener?

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

Changes to trait system!

Just kidding, not expecting that at all.

To be honest I have no idea what to expect, since the new Living Story mechanics are still kind of vague.

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Aleglast.6027

Aleglast.6027

What do you think we will see in the Season 2 opener?

I personally think we will be seeing something Incredible! but no one beleives me and I have been adressed as the insane person on the forums lol!

GUARDIANS OF THE LIGHT We are DragonBrand
Join us and RISE to the challenge!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

What I’m hoping for is “find the lost Seraph exhibition party.” And a new zone with hopefully some old faces like Behemoths, Scarrabs and Stalkers.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Aleglast.6027

Aleglast.6027

What I’m hoping for is “find the lost Seraph exhibition party.” And a new zone with hopefully some old faces like Behemoths, Scarrabs and Stalkers.

I beleive there will be a new zone. I never played gw1, wish i did lol.

GUARDIANS OF THE LIGHT We are DragonBrand
Join us and RISE to the challenge!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Lady Kasmeer turns corrupt from that little prick in the Tower. She is turning slowly into a minion and has been for some time but was hiding it with her Mesmer abilities. As she continues her descent into corruption she starts to hear the voice of Mordremoth and is slowly losing her mind. All this ties into the the LSS1 Scarlet story arch and tries to get the player to sympathies with Scarlet a bit ( a way to retroactively add depth to Scarlet).

The zones unlock as we hunt after Kasmeer while she wanders the wildreness and waste of Maguuma. The entire time encountering stronger forces of Mordremoth, we get ever closer to the dragon’s lair. The Sylvair begin to understand their true place in Tyria and struggle to remain pure. Their “pure and innocent” characteristic is soiled a bit as the Nightmare Court gain prominence under Mordremoth’s direction. Their disconnection from the Mother has opened them to a unique form of corruption.

… that or we get some little cut scene and talk to the biconics about life, being lesbians, crippled, furry, or a real “bro”. Then we go to South Sun for some drinks and enjoy a well deserved summer break. idk.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

With it being the Maguma Jungle they’re opening up to us, we’ll probally see a lot of spiders, devourers and centaurs; maybe some White Mantel or Ghosts of the White Mantel.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

The beginning steps of the establishment of a worldwide Quaggan Empire?

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

We are going to be walking from Point A (Divinity’s Reach) to Point B (Brisban Wildlands). After doing so, we are going to get a vague description of what is going on, and then we are going to have to wait two weeks for the next installment!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Most likely a recap of the recapped recap of S1 recap followed by a quest to grind 50.000 rats for no reason and a glance at the bacteria on one of the teeth of the dragon, in complete darkness. ……u know..just to increase the hype before we get more gemstore sickles

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Hellafelon.5376

Hellafelon.5376

I don’t think we will see anything big or significant, story-wise at least. Season 1 ended with a ‘big reveal,’ and It would be kinda strange to begin with another. Also take into account that season one began at a high point (Lost shorres), and if every season began with a bang, that would be boring and formulaic.

However, we could get a new zone, and the story could connect to that zone. The story doesnt have to be at a climax to introduce new areas, so we could easily be setting out into the maguuma on the first, maybe with Marjory’s sister or whatever.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Probably nothing big. We’ll most likely slowly build up toward the exciting stuff (think Season 1).

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: kefkejaco.5642

kefkejaco.5642

like in season one we are probably going to see small changes in the maps, attacks on the most western areas for example. We can all agree that this will most likely happen in brisban wildlands. Once they have their world changes covered I think they are going to open a new area north of brisban eventually. North west in the map there is this bridge that is destroyed with a clear map connection accros it. They are going to fix that bridge.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

kefkejaco.5642

With the new season coming up and the rise of mordremoth I think a new zone near the brisban wildlands will eventually open. In the brisban wildlands there is this destoryed bridge northwest of the map with some bandit engineers repairing it. At the other side a zone entrance can be seen. The season is probably going to start with some small occurences around the jungle but the most logical new zone to open would be there i think. Maybe in a few weeks those bandits will finally repair that bridge which they have been doing since the launch. :p

Attachments:

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You probably could have just added the screenshot and additional text to your post in the other thread. =)

If the data-mined information is anything to go by, the entrance to the new zone may be further south. Who knows? We won’t have a long wait to find out, most likely.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

You are invited to Lion’s Arch, for a meeting between the heroes and other important characters. Once there, you observe a beautiful woman, your eyes meet.

.. Suddenly a flash of light appears in the sky and a flaming meteor descends towards the city. It lands with a huge splash in the water. You hear a spine-chilling roar in the distance. What could it be?

You are then sent to Brisban Wildlands to investigate the mysterious events that has been happening lately. There has been an increased activity of hostile enemies close to the maguuma jungle territory. Kill this, kill that!

2 weeks later you can enter a new map.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Most likely gemstore expansion.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t think we will see anything big or significant, story-wise at least. Season 1 ended with a ‘big reveal,’ and It would be kinda strange to begin with another. Also take into account that season one began at a high point (Lost shorres), and if every season began with a bang, that would be boring and formulaic.

However, we could get a new zone, and the story could connect to that zone. The story doesnt have to be at a climax to introduce new areas, so we could easily be setting out into the maguuma on the first, maybe with Marjory’s sister or whatever.

Lost Shores wasn’t actually part of Season 1 (although Secrets of Southsun did tie the two together). It was a strand-alone release.

Season 1 started with us investigating the sudden tide of refugees coming into Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel from the north, trying to find out what drove them south. (It was the dredge and the flame legion, teaming up under Scarlet.)

I think Season 2 will start with something similar, but probably a bit faster paced. We already know Scarlet’s actions woke up a dragon somewhere in the jungle, and we already have the Pact formed and experienced in fighting dragons so hopefully this time we can go on the offensive a bit more.

I think it will start with us and one or more small groups of NPCs exploring the west of Brisban and finding relatively minor changes, basically some new dynamic events, and deciding to head further on to investigate. All the teasers point to a new map but I’m not sure if we’ll get it in the first release or later on.

Only downside to my theory is it doesn’t leave much room for changes to the existing maps, since we’d be going to the dragon rather than waiting for their corruption to reach us. But I suspect that wouldn’t bother most people.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Lost Shores wasn’t actually part of Season 1 (although Secrets of Southsun did tie the two together). It was a strand-alone release.

But it was the first content release after the game’s launch.
With that and the teaser image for S2, I’m expecting a new zone in July (whether the first or second update).

Season 1 started with us investigating the sudden tide of refugees coming into Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel from the north, trying to find out what drove them south. (It was the dredge and the flame legion, teaming up under Scarlet.)

They’ve already acknowledged that S1 started out way too slow with too little in terms of story and explanation. It was nice to “speculate” about what was going on, but ultimately they kind of ruined it with too little tie-ins leading up to Scarlet’s big (and, IMO, lackluster) reveal.

Only downside to my theory is it doesn’t leave much room for changes to the existing maps, since we’d be going to the dragon rather than waiting for their corruption to reach us. But I suspect that wouldn’t bother most people.

The map already shows potential dragon corruption within the Maguuma Wastes.
Everyone heard “something” when the dragon awoke. (And I thought the team was clear on it being a dragon during the Epilogue, but that seems to have been retconned.)

My thinking is that Marjory’s sister will go missing and we’ll help her investigate, only to discover some dragon corruption along the way.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The preview for Season 2 that revealed the release time for the first time shows a very different portal. And honestly, we’re likely going after Mordremoth, so going north back into Kryta? Doesn’t make much sense (and yes, Kryta is north of Brisban – the edge of northwestern Kryta).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

not everything has to be a direct path, maybe that portal is only a zone going to the actual place.
I’m just glad there is hope for an on-land new zone, what happens next is everybody’s guess.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

sorudo.9054

I beleive there will be a new zone. I never played gw1, wish i did lol.

you still can, it’s not like the game is off-line or anything and it’s more alive then i first thought.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Ask yourself this then:

Why go north just to go west and south?
Why make a new area in a zone (SW Brisban has been given a map detail), and not use it for the new zone’s entryway?
Why alter the appearance of a pre-existing portal?

If you can legitimately answer all three of those, then maybe the portal to the north will be what we’ll be seeing used. Otherwise? Fat chance, as they say.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

I disagree. The Lost Shore was the entryway for a lot of plots and introduced a lot of characters we’d see frequently again: Ellen Kiel and the Captain’s Council, Canach, Southsun Cove, Deputy Turma (then called Lionguard Turma, I think), the Consortium. Which led into the latter half of Flame and Frost (refugees to Lion’s Arch being offered a place on Southsun by the Consortium), obviously Secrets of Southsun and Last Stand at Southsun, but also the assassination of Dragon Bash, the basis for Cutthroat Politics, and in turn Fractured!, and even the final Escape from Lion’s Arch and Battle for Lion’s Arch. It wasn’t directly tied to the main plot – but hell, neither were the first chapters of the personal story (unless you’re a sylvari) – but it was part of Season 1’s plot.

To say The Lost Shores wasn’t part of Season 1 would be like saying Tequatl Rising and Fractured! weren’t just because they didn’t deal with Scarlet.

Dear ANet writers,

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

sorudo.9054

in order to go down you at times first need to go up.
i……have no idea what you mean….
that’s not something i can answer, i don’t work for Anet and only Anet knows.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

kefkejaco.5642

Yes the portal of the reveal has a bit more jungle around it but still it does not exist. The only other portal in the area is in the fort. It would still be easier to change a bit of the layout around a portal instead for example adding a new portal close to the aurora glades. Which does not me they won’t because as you said the region around dry top seems a bit more detailed. But the region north of brisban still belong to the regions that in gw1 belonged to the maguuma jungle. It may be krytan territory but still belongs to maguuma so expansion could go in both directions. We still don’t no where modremoth actually lives so it could be more west. The area north of brisban were regions in gw1 so they could reopen them and go west that way. But still we won’t now until then.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

No kitten, Sherlock. Really?

That’s a real discovery, like 20th or so in a row.

Seriously people, there are tons of same threads like this one flooding forums every day. Is it so hard to scroll down a page and find existing one?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

why is everyone so sure the portal is in Brisban? Maybe is in Metrica Province.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe because Marjory’s sister is off in Brisban? I think that might have been a hint. (I think it was Marjory’s sister off investigating bandits….)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

And that maybe doesn’t have anything to do with the story to come. Maybe we will investigate the Thaumanova reactor more, since we know Scarlet was there, and from there went to the next map.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is however rather unlikely that they would add a new character that comes talking about very specific stuff in one of the Living Story specific instances without it having a bearing on the coming update.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

All kinds of this, I wouldnt mind seeing a GW2 vershion of Rotscale, and the mosuleum. when i first started playing Guild Wars, I feared that place so much, and when I saw partys forming, to go kill him, I thought they where nuts. I guess, he was the first world boss.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I disagree. The Lost Shore was the entryway for a lot of plots and introduced a lot of characters we’d see frequently again: Ellen Kiel and the Captain’s Council, Canach, Southsun Cove, Deputy Turma (then called Lionguard Turma, I think), the Consortium. Which led into the latter half of Flame and Frost (refugees to Lion’s Arch being offered a place on Southsun by the Consortium), obviously Secrets of Southsun and Last Stand at Southsun, but also the assassination of Dragon Bash, the basis for Cutthroat Politics, and in turn Fractured!, and even the final Escape from Lion’s Arch and Battle for Lion’s Arch. It wasn’t directly tied to the main plot – but hell, neither were the first chapters of the personal story (unless you’re a sylvari) – but it was part of Season 1’s plot.

To say The Lost Shores wasn’t part of Season 1 would be like saying Tequatl Rising and Fractured! weren’t just because they didn’t deal with Scarlet.

I’m not sure I would count either of those as part of the Living Story, although attempts were made to tie them together. I think in future those are the kind of updates that will be included in the feature packs rather than Living Story releases.

I may be going about this all wrong but I think of the Living Story Seasons and other GW2 story arcs as working like comic books: lots of different stories involving the same characters, locations and lore which sometimes follow each other directly, sometimes cross-over and sometimes occur independently within the same time line.

Just because a character is introduced in one story and then appears in another doesn’t mean the two are the same story arc. Just that they’re set in the same place and time period.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It could be in Metrica, but like many others I’m also leaning towards Brisban. Why?

1) The scene with Marjory’s sister specifically mentions Brisban
2) The final cut scene showing the ley line path runs through Brisban and through the reactor
3) The map datamined by that_shaman

It just seems like the most likely option. Although, I’d be perfectly happy to be proven wrong too.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

They’ve actually got me hyped up to see what’s in store for Season 2. Supposedly in 5 minutes, we’ll get a preview. What will it be?

EDIT: Gates of Maguuma

Valar Morghulis

(edited by Nat.4029)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Yep. Fun way to enjoy my morning coffee.

EDIT: Now we know.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Nat.4029

Maguuma huh? Pretty cool. Didn’t really show a whole lot, but it looked a good bit like the old Maguuma.

Valar Morghulis

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They are such a tease….

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Tanith.5264

Oh, no!!!

/more words expressing dismay and “Ooo, looks interesting!”

Gate of Madness server

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

You were expecting something OTHER than a massive tease? How long have you been playing? :P

They shot down the Sanctum? Someone’s gonna be in for a posterior-whupping of epic proportions!

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I wasn’t aware we were even getting that much today, haha.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Nat.4029

You were expecting something OTHER than a massive tease? How long have you been playing? :P

Yeah I’ve been playing since beta so I should know better. Now I’d like to see if the zone will be a FULL zone with hearts and all.

EDIT: Hopefully not another Southsun.

Valar Morghulis

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Looks like I’ll be spending Canada Day playing this.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Yeah I’ve been playing since beta so I should know better. Now I’d like to see if the zone will be a FULL zone with hearts and all.

Full zone with hearts & all. Yes.

But I like Southsun!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

in order to go down you at times first need to go up.
i……have no idea what you mean….
that’s not something i can answer, i don’t work for Anet and only Anet knows.

1. Except when you can just go straight west to the target. Which seems to be what they’re doing, given the new area to Brisban.
  2. Why make that new area in Brisban, if you’re not going to use it?
  3. But you can hypothesize.

But the region north of brisban still belong to the regions that in gw1 belonged to the maguuma jungle. It may be krytan territory but still belongs to maguuma so expansion could go in both directions. We still don’t no where modremoth actually lives so it could be more west.

The area north of Brisban is actually both Kryta and Maguuma. It would literally land in the center of Majesty’s Rest of GW1 which was the border of Kryta and the Maguuma (in that portion).

We have a fairly good guess of where Mordremoth is, thanks to the cinematic showing a path through Thaumanova Reactor. The path would thus place it somewhere in northern Magus Falls most likely.

Two reasons: 1) Belinda mentioned going into Brisban during the Aftermath content. 2) Brisban Wildlands’ map got updated with the Festival update.

2) The final cut scene showing the ley line path runs through Brisban and through the reactor

There’s nothing in that cinematic that definitively points to Brisban. After the reactor you have a wasteland, which is more likely to be west of Metrica (Ettin’s Back or Dry Top from GW1 – that general area, west of Brisban too), before you have a generic forested area.

Dear ANet writers,

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Wonder if this means the last year of the bazaar…

Have to say..great teaser trailer. Can’t wait!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Nat.4029

Full zone with hearts & all. Yes.

But I like Southsun!

Yeah I never really cared for it. I guess because I was so used to the way all the other zones were at the time that Southsun was released. So it felt empty to me.

Valar Morghulis

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: ascii.9267

ascii.9267

The portal surrounded by thorned vines seen in the image on the main site that says “season 2 starts july 1” is in Brisban Wildlands. I’ve been to it and it’s currently blocked by other vines. It’s kinda hidden in the lower southwest corner of the map.

Attachments:

(edited by ascii.9267)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Tanith.5264

I like it. Especially the way Taimi’s jumping on board Scruffy as the biconics are swinging into action. Looks like they’re ticked off about that attack on the Sanctum.

Gate of Madness server

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

There’s nothing in that cinematic that definitively points to Brisban. After the reactor you have a wasteland, which is more likely to be west of Metrica (Ettin’s Back or Dry Top from GW1 – that general area, west of Brisban too), before you have a generic forested area.

sigh

It’s an opinion. I’m allowed to have one, ya know.

You aren’t of the same opinion. Fine.