Next release?

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: JakeG.9620

JakeG.9620

Hello there,

Does someone has a clue about what the next release will be about?

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Sadly those of us whose internet bandwidth is less than stellar will be missing out on this. When there are 20-30 players, my fps is less than 1, which makes playing annoying. I cannot imagine it with 80plus.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Sadly those of us whose internet bandwidth is less than stellar will be missing out on this. When there are 20-30 players, my fps is less than 1, which makes playing annoying. I cannot imagine it with 80plus.

Two releases in a row in which I cannot participate. SAB is a 5 man content patch and now Tequatl Rising, an 80 man content patch. I would go back to killing world bosses if there were enough people in those zones to actually down anything other than the pre-events.

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Faust.2965

Faust.2965

Two releases in a row in which I cannot participate. SAB is a 5 man content patch and now Tequatl Rising, an 80 man content patch. I would go back to killing world bosses if there were enough people in those zones to actually down anything other than the pre-events.

Super Adventure Box can be played just fine solo. Some would even argue it’s easier that way.

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Your internet bandwidth has nothing to do with your FPS. You can improve your FPS by lowering settings or purchasing a faster PC (or upgrading your current one).

One – Piken Square

Next release?

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

Super Adventure Box can be played just fine solo. Some would even argue it’s easier that way.

He’s been trolling this same stuff for a while now. Ignore him.

One – Piken Square

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/4d6b89-17_TR_NextHero_EN.jpg

The filename seems interesting. Probably something new will be introduced?

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/4d6b89-17_TR_NextHero_EN.jpg

The filename seems interesting. Probably something new will be introduced?

The next update is obvious

TR= Tequatl Rising

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

That may be what the update is called, but I really doubt that it is just to introduce a rework of a boss fight. That can’t be all that’s in it. That’d be more bare bones than the original Queen’s Speech update.

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I agree Alleluia. I’m hoping the next update brings some big profession changes. We haven’t had any significant skill/trait patch lately so hopfully we’ll see bug fixes and improvements to things like summons, kits, DS, and more.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Internet bandwidth has nothing to do with FPS. Bandwidth has to do with lag. Lag issues and FPS issues are completely different.

It is important to understand to difference so you know how to address it. There is literature online that can help you with this.

With some exceptions:

• Lag usually means you need better internet service.
  • Low FPS means you need a better computer

That being said, GW2 has very poor software optimization and even a 3000$ machine can’t run large events at a proper framerate.

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

That may be what the update is called, but I really doubt that it is just to introduce a rework of a boss fight. That can’t be all that’s in it. That’d be more bare bones than the original Queen’s Speech update.

sad fact it might be this chapter is all sab. can someone expl;ain how sab ties into the living story or do the devs have no clue at all

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

sad fact it might be this chapter is all sab. can someone expl;ain how sab ties into the living story or do the devs have no clue at all

It will be revealed that the SAB is powered by none other than Elder Dragon magic!!!

I don’t know. I can’t think of anything.

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

thats better then i can think of

Next release?

in Living World

Tom Gore.4035

We’re getting an LFG tool and WvW is getting the new Bloodlust mechanic.

It’s quite a bit of content for a 2-week release, actually.

One – Piken Square

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: afmart.2674

afmart.2674

living history is how they release content, it’s not always story related. but i rather have something else besides SAB

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I’m going to assume it’s more.

When they previewed Teq at PAX, all of his achievements were under the ‘boss’ tab, and not the ‘living world’ tab.

It may not be a lot more, but I’m going to assume there’ll be some meta living world achievements tied into how Teq got more powerful, for example. Basically more story than just ’he’s more angry! Let’s kill him!’

Next release?

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

My question is why they changed Tequatl at all. Zhaitan has been killed hundreds of thousands of times and risen should be getting weaker rather than stronger and there has to be more to it than just updating the pattern of a single world boss.
Sure he is boring and lacks character as is, but it has been for a year and it could have changed alot earlier.
They didn’t update Shatterer, who has about the same boring attack pattern, with slight changes.
And Tequatl -is- the champion of the elder dragon we’re currently fighting.
I think there’s more to it than just updating the pattern of a world boss.

Living story has different story arcs in it.
There’s the yearly events that doesn’t seem to have any tie to anything other than the event itself (possibly apart from Queen’s Jubilee depending on how you count that).

There’s the molten and aetherblade storylines that now are tied together.

There’s the Southsun storyline.

There’s the Council storyline.

The Bazaar may be yearly but it could also be a storyline in itself later on, thinking of their connection to the Crystal Desert and Glint. However it tied in with the Council a bit.

There might be something else that I’ve forgot.
But lastly there’s also the SAB storyline.
The SAB didn’t have alot of story at first, but now you get to know a bit more about Moto and his former krewe and stuff that you get to see after you “Win Super Adventure Box”. Not alot, but a bit and I assume there will be more of that later on.
However, the Super Adventure Box is an educational tool for teaching non-linear thinking and problemsolving. Seemingly mainly for asuran children, but possibly also for the rest of Tyria. We are Moto’s testers as he builds and programs it.

But basically, Living Story isn’t a single story but several different ones.

(edited by Mikuchan.7261)