No more living story please

in Living World

Posted by: Aleglast.6027

Aleglast.6027

Please anet GIVE me something that will interest me for A MONTH. NOT A DAY. I am sorry for blowing off like this, i love this game, but if anet is gonna drop a crap tonne of cash on a full team that is suppose to keep the game “fresh”, why not release something that is fun, LONG TERM. ONE new PERMANENT dungeon would keep me going for a very long time. I know some people are very interested in the living story but it means nothing to me and a lot of other people who play this game. Of course the living story is a means of keeping the game from dying and keeps us on our toes every patch expecting something that will really freshen up the gameplay but it never comes. This is my favorite game that i have ever played period. but please ANET I want something new other than more living story……….

GUARDIANS OF THE LIGHT We are DragonBrand
Join us and RISE to the challenge!

in Living World

Posted by: hades.6539

hades.6539

that is your opinion and i’m ok with that
i think its 1 of the reasons i keep playing its something to do after you did daily farming etc. something that changes after a while. i don’t play living for the story i play it for the ach do things accomplice things with other players makes it fun. ( and of course i play for the story 2 but that is not the main reason )

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if the living story was an actual story instead of a bunch of achievements then we would not have this problem, i don’t play it because i don’t see a story in it, just a grind fest.

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

^ this

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

if the living story was an actual story instead of a bunch of achievements then we would not have this problem, i don’t play it because i don’t see a story in it, just a grind fest.

I have to agree with this post. I play the living story, or what I call it, the living achevments, for the game play. As far as I can tell, apart from the tower, there is very little story telling. As far as I’ve been able to see through playing the living world that there is no rhyme or resin to anything that is going on, other than the plant did it because she’s crazy, and likes making lore braking alliances, just for kicks. I have this horrible feeling that at the end of the plant story I’ll be left with just one question.

Can someone tell me what just happened?

And this bothers me as surly I should have some idea by now as to what is going on, other than the overwhelming feeling to comit genicide on the Sylvaria, and dance naked around the burning pale tree. Unless this is the feeling that ANet wished to create, then I say bravo. You’ve done what you set out to do.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I gotta say from Dec 10 to Jan 21 has been great so far, and it proves that yes we can survive just fine without having an update happen every two weeks.

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I gotta say from Dec 10 to Jan 21 has been great so far, and it proves that yes we can survive just fine without having an update happen every two weeks.

i disagree with this. I’ve been waiting for a next LS update for at least a week or so now. I’m ready for Wintersday to be over.

I’ve enjoyed the LS over the last year and it’s kept me entertained and playing this game. Without it, the champ farms, CoverageVsCoverageVsCoverage, Dungeon farming, and sPvP would be very stale very fast.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well if people want to rush through content in a day then it’s their fault if they’re bored.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i disagree with this. I’ve been waiting for a next LS update for at least a week or so now. I’m ready for Wintersday to be over.

I’ve enjoyed the LS over the last year and it’s kept me entertained and playing this game. Without it, the champ farms, CoverageVsCoverageVsCoverage, Dungeon farming, and sPvP would be very stale very fast.

i actually hope champ farms become really stale, it’s one of the reasons why exploring the world go’s hand to hand with zergs ruining the experience.

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

i actually hope champ farms become really stale, it’s one of the reasons why exploring the world go’s hand to hand with zergs ruining the experience.

I tried Champ farming once, it was awful. I wouldn’t miss it if it went away. But I don’t like AP farming and boring to-do lists tied to a weak story with unmemorable characters every two weeks either.

I don’t get bored with the core of the game and there’s lots of improvements I’d rather them work on. I like it when they add things like an account wallet, and better skill tips, or they fix a buggy dungeon NPC.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Living World

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I would be fine if this was an experience that was leading up to a true expansion. Some of this stuff has been good and a lot of it has been a snore. I feel like the quality has dipped a bit since they went every two weeks and I hope that the month+ that they’ve had off was taken as an opportunity to do some really great stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

spot on. The story is very weak. Even the writers can’t keep track of the mess they have created. I now realise the extent of the writers planning when a key writer can’t even remember how Scarlet approached the Dredge and Flame Legion. This worries me.

Create a good story which doesn’t involve mindless achievement tasks and this 2 week delivery method would work. I don’t mind a few achievement tasks but it should not be the main focus of each chapter.

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

For those who dig on the story, there is an aspect you may not know.

The writers don’t put their story into the game. They write it out and then others would implement that action into the game. This is changing now and the writers will be able to add their story points in and that could change a lot of things.

For instance if they wrote a small part for a kittenaracter, the other person putting that into the game may not know the context or the reason and won’t fully implement that scene or character as the writer envisioned it.

So long story short, we could see better implementation of the story now that the writers will be adding those parts into the game themselves.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA