Please Include End-Game

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Please reply on what you would like to see for these 3 facets of content.

Solo end-game
5-man end-Game
Open-World End-Game

Solo end-game could include things such as: Liadri style combat, Personal Story style missions (including AI armies / team), mini-game mechanics tests such as the crystal hunt in the Labyrinthian Cliffs.

5-man end-game could include things such as randomized 5-man dungeons (not fractals) with objective based gameplay rather than Point-A-to-Point-B, Boss encounters, 5-man triggered Dynamic Events (similar to how Siegerazor works in WvW).

Open-World end-game could include things such as smaller scaling versions of the Wurm, Marionette, world bosses (noone likes zerging…its boring), large-scale PvEvP hybrids, PvE dungeon/fortress assaults/defense.

A personal note, I would like many of these to contain a barrier of entry of some sort, to prevent the mass zerg mentality.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Considering they’ve said the Living Story from now on will be exclusively for level 80 characters (and the storyline will assume you’ve finished your personal story) I assume they’re intending it to be end-game.

And they have said the achievements will be harder. So maybe they’ve already made what you want.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not against 5-man endgame…. if they give me back my kitten heroes.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I am thinking the Heros/Henchmen would be considered solo-end game.

It would be nice to be able to create your own 5-man with some pre-build AI though, just the classes/roles they would fit.

But nothing beats doing things with friends alot of the time, just not pugs.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

GW2 NEEDS a UW/FoW/DoA type dungeon with high risk/high rewards.
Aetherpath comes close to this but the dungeon isnt big enough nor are the rewards great enough(not many dream drops).

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

No thanks to heroes/henchmen. I don’t think I want encounters that are bad enough that NPCs can handle them (a la GW1).
They (heroes/hench) could have a place, but if we’re talking about end game that is in any way supposed to be challenging for a group, then no. I don’t want Anet to ever have to stop and think “but can a group with NPCs do this?/can our NPC AI handle this?”, when designing group content.

Many of the ideas the OP presents are already in game, he even provides his own examples of them. Boss Blitz fitting the third category. It’s just a matter of doing more of these things, and tuning the difficult/adding more fight mechanics.
By the sounds of the talk about season 2 LS, they’re moving towards this anyways.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Solo/5-man/open world is kinda already what we got and what we can expect more of. Although I guess in terms of 5-man there hasn’t been that much going on there, last update was a couple of fractals. Would be nice to see some more world dungeons, but I’d rather see some work being done on current dungeons than them adding more dungeons (since so many current dungeons go practically unplayed).

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

noone likes zerging…its boring

A personal note, I would like many of these to contain a barrier of entry of some sort, to prevent the mass zerg mentality.

A lot of outspoken posters voice this opinion, and it’s totally understandable- but it isn’t universal. Plenty of people like zergs, including me. I wouldn’t want it to be the only type of content around, but it can be a fun break from more serious stuff.

Just sayin’. I guess what I mean is, please try to remember that one person’s “boring” is another person’s “relaxing”.

Anyway, while I hope there are always fun zergs from time to time, GW2 really shines for me when the devs focus on content that is massive, cooperative, yet still accessible. I have to put the Marionette fight among the fights I’ve been most impressed by in an MMO, for example. I also wouldn’t mind seeing a little WvW play into the living story somehow, if it can be in an optional way that won’t make pure PvE players feel forced to participate. Maybe something in parallel with the main story, for example, maybe a more brutal, less heroic side of events.

About the only type of content I have no interest in is 5-man instanced content. I got bored of that in other MMO’s a long, long time ago…. and with GW2’s lack of party roles I have to say it’s not the game’s strongest suit anyway. Probably any chapter that focuses on a 5-man I’m just going to skip.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Solo end-game
5-man end-Game
Open-World End-Game

Solo end-game could include things such as: Liadri style combat, Personal Story style missions (including AI armies / team), mini-game mechanics tests such as the crystal hunt in the Labyrinthian Cliffs.

5-man end-game could include things such as randomized 5-man dungeons (not fractals) with objective based gameplay rather than Point-A-to-Point-B, Boss encounters, 5-man triggered Dynamic Events (similar to how Siegerazor works in WvW).

Open-World end-game could include things such as smaller scaling versions of the Wurm, Marionette, world bosses (noone likes zerging…its boring), large-scale PvEvP hybrids, PvE dungeon/fortress assaults/defense.

I, initially, didn’t read this because “end-game” means other parts of the game are pointless. I do not want a game like that, nor do I think ArenaNet will ever design such content. Your ideas sound interesting, just don’t make it exclusive/more important than the rest of the game.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Solo end game really goes against this genre. It is a mmorpg. after all.

On the other OP points…..I don’t really care, as long as the story continues…..I don’t really want an “end”.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

“End Game” is just a term. Basically people want hard contents that get goodies that they feel they earned it and brag to other people that haven’t got it yet, which is fine. Right now GW2 doesn’t have something like that, people just buy the best items (aka Legendaries right off TP).

R.I.P Kumu <3

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There is plenty of eng-game already, they just need to keep doing what they’re doing. If I were to make any suggestion, it would be for less “coordinated zerg” content like Triple Trouble and NuTeq. Those are always a hassle and they don’t have the tech to make them work for the bulk of players yet.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I would like some additional LVL 80 zones. Kryta and Ascalon need them badly to round out areas to roam @ LVL 80.

Also, I would like to see some possible instanced zones (possible 5-man content) that connect the existing zones that are higher level and more challenging to traverse (with some possible rewards for using those “shortcuts”). Similar to some of the connecting zones in GW1 GWEN maps.

I suspect that Anet has something similar to GW1 HARD MODE in mind as well. My thoughts are that fine tuning the MegaServer system is the precursor to this in terms of consolidating active Map Zones as adding something similar to GW1 Hard Mode would likely double the needed active Zones. Just some speculation as to how they may be able to add “End Game” content within available resources.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

I’d love to see this, but the AI needs MAJOR improvements before this could happen.

Valar Morghulis

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

There is plenty of end game. Granted not great end game, but it’s there. I agree GW2 needs something like UW/FoW/DoA/Urzogs/The Deep. I would also love to go back to the Far Shiverpeaks. By this I mean the areas from Eye of the North. I love I can go to the Eye. I with they’d put some crafting stations there or something. It would be a great place to chill.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I honestly think the new Living World content is going to be Guild Wars 2 Endgame. That is also Endgame that I can get behind as personally I do not like instanced Raid content as it invites exclusion.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: galhalean.7380

galhalean.7380

Solo end-game
5-man end-Game
Open-World End-Game

Well from what i expect i think we will see all 3 of the thing you mentioned. With the living world as i know right now, the content will be lvl 80 which means that the new zones will be lvl 80 as well all withthe assortment of group, solo and possibly dungeon content. I am alittle shakey on the dungeon but i dont think that i am the only one who thinks we need some new dungeons.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Galen.9042

Galen.9042

No thanks to heroes/henchmen. I don’t think I want encounters that are bad enough that NPCs can handle them (a la GW1).
They (heroes/hench) could have a place, but if we’re talking about end game that is in any way supposed to be challenging for a group, then no.

I’d pay gems to have Ezoola follow me around, making rhyming comments.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I am thinking the Heros/Henchmen would be considered solo-end game.

It would be nice to be able to create your own 5-man with some pre-build AI though, just the classes/roles they would fit.

But nothing beats doing things with friends alot of the time, just not pugs.

I don’t mind doing things with guildies, or the few people I have on my friend’s list. Rarely do I ever actually have 5 people online though. It would just be nice to be able to do the stupid content with the few people I know, and then round out the group with some AI. Like we could in GW1. Honestly, my husband and I would probably do a lot more of the existing dungeons if we could do it that way, instead of having to deal with pugs….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I believe that “end-game” s not the right word for the highest level content. Wildstar’s “Elder game” describes it better.

I see a content like this as something you are ready to take part in when you’ve already leveled and geared your character, know how to play your class already and know basic PvE mechanics.

I don’t want to copy whole thing to give my opinion because I already did : in the signature below

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I believe that “end-game” s not the right word for the highest level content. Wildstar’s “Elder game” describes it better.

I see a content like this as something you are ready to take part in when you’ve already leveled and geared your character, know how to play your class already and know basic PvE mechanics.

I don’t want to copy whole thing to give my opinion because I already did : in the signature below

“End Game” is just a moniker for “stuff you do at level cap”. So… yea, end game.

Please Include End-Game

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I honestly think the new Living World content is going to be Guild Wars 2 Endgame. That is also Endgame that I can get behind as personally I do not like instanced Raid content as it invites exclusion.

Colin said exactly this in the interview about the story journal. GW2’s endgame is the living stoy compared to raids in other games.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!