Race Concept: A Race to be Hated

in Living World

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

Now that I’m back on here and have rekindled my love for Gw2, I wanted to post an idea that was swirling around in my head.

I’ve been thinking about racial factions of Guildwars 2 and once of the aspects I love is the animosity between certain factions. I love how deep human and charr relations became after the war. How Sylvari became distrusted after the events of LS1. I think there is a lot of good stuff here and that the races were really well done.

When I think about the races of Guildwars 2 and the addition of a new race though Living Story. I came up with this idea. The new race to me shouldn’t be something we’ve seen before or an older race that we allied with in the past. I think it should be something new and exciting. Even more interesting, it should be a race that is HATED by the other factions. A race that doesn’t belong with the crowd and is there because of some sort of fragile and forced alliance to fight a greater threat to Tyria.

With this in mind, I came up with the Korians.

THE KORIANS:

The Korians are a product of the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik’s attempts to “Perfect” its corruption. In the lore, branded creatures are migrating south to the crystal desert. But what is happening to them there?

In the Korian lore, Kralkatorrik has nested in a giant crystal spire known as the “Tessellation.” This was once Glint’s Lair but is now perverted by the dragon’s powerful magic and branded crystal structures. Of the branded that migrate south, some are chosen by the dragon to be placed in giant Crystal Geodes where they are infused with raw draconic energy and refined into perfected versions of the dragon’s minions. Thus, the Korians were born. The process of creating Korians through Crystal Geodes is known as “Crystal-Genesis.”

PHYSIOLOGY:

Korians are semi-humanoid figures with draconic features (spines, possible tail, reversed leg joints) that resemble polished crystal statues with scintillating skin. They have faintly glowing eyes that pulse with dragon energy. Their hairstyle include a multitude of crystal displays such as thin rows of jagged diamonds to collections of hexagonal quartz formations. Some Korians have crevices that run across their heads and bodies that allow shining crystal geodes to be seen within.

Korian skin transitions from a soft liquid surface to hard crystalline patterns as they move. Their skin and eye colors span across a variety seen in most common gems ranging from sapphire to ruby red. They move with a mechanical grace and have eerie echoes in their voice when they speak.

NAMING CONVENTION:

Korian names usually begin with a adjective that describes a gem or crystal followed by a “mineral-like” name.

Examples:

Scintillating Aberisa
Luminated Solarin
Blood-Tinted Rafinel

(CONT)

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)

in Living World

lordhelmos.7623

CULTURE:

Korians are born to serve the dragon. They are given limited free will for the sole purpose of amusing their master. Kralkatorrik enjoys sifting through the thoughts and memories of her subjects as if she were watching an endless play with thousands of actors. The dragon’s voice is never distant within the mind of a Korian.

When Korian’s are born, all past memories of the host are wiped clean. Korians born from Crystal-Genesis live to serve in one of three orders. This decision is made by Kralkatorrik, who speaks into the mind of a newly born Korian in order to assign them their purpose.

The orders are as follows:

The Arbiters: The military of Kralkatorrik. These Korians are born to fight and defend the holdings of the dragon. Arbiters are expected to be obedient, precise, and dependable.

The Shapers: These Korians are the builders of Kralkatorrik’s empire. They live to carry out the dragon’s vision of perfection by erecting large crystal structures all over the landscape. Korian architecture is both beautiful and creepy. Shapers can climb in Korian culture by being innovate in their creation of new structures, powerful weapons, and artistic formations (such as dragon totems, or altars to Kralkatorrik).

The Seekers: These Korians live for knowledge and seek ancient artifacts that seep with raw magical power. They then offer these to the Dragon. The Priory hates seekers due to the regular “disappearance” of prized magical artifacts from their vaults whenever Seekers are around. Seekers are wise, sly, explorative, and ambitious in their searches.

Korian culture is very competitive, with each Korian trying to one-up the other in order to gain favor of the dragon. Those closest to the dragon gain special prominence and become part of an elite circle known as the “Perfected.” The Perfected gain more free will, more trust from the dragon, and more power to dictate the rules of Korian culture.

All newly born Korians begin as shardlings and are placed under control of an elder Korian known as their Obelisk. The shardlings live in servitude to their Obelisk until they become strong enough to forcibly break free from their master’s control and accept the dragon’s voice into their minds.

Kralkatorrik pays no heed to weak Korians shardlings and allows them to remain servants until they prove their worth through this rite of passage.

The life of a shardling is hard as they are worth little more than a branded wolf. Shardlings are usually used for menial or dangerous tasks (such as collecting unexploded mortars, the front line of a charge, etc.).

If a Korian becomes accepted into the Perfected, they are granted the honor of being placed in special Geodes in order to gain the power to transform into dragon champions, like the Shatterer. This is a honor that many Korians seek (the transformation is reversible but requires the geode each time it is initiated).

Betrayal and plotting by those seeking to enter the esteemed circle of perfection is not uncommon. Sometimes the dragon will speak into the mind of the Korian and ask them to dispose of or plot against a member of society who has proven themselves unworthy due to repeated failures.

Kralkatorrik is obsessed with perfection and always hungry for artifacts. Creating perfect works of art, offering artifacts of vast magical power to her, displaying prominence in battle by destroying her enemies, and carrying out her will with flawless perfection are all ways of advancing in Korian culture. Sometimes the dragon just enjoys being amused.

Due to their method of reproduction, Korians will usually accept or kidnap outcasts and criminals from other cultures in order to place into geodes and create more Korians. Before being transformed into a Korian, most converts are forced to live a trial period as a branded to prove their loyalty to the dragon.

(CONT.)

in Living World

lordhelmos.7623

THE FRAGMENTED:

Korians feed off of the magical energy that is supplied through them with their arcane link to Kralkatorrik. If they are starved of this link and energy, they begin to slowly mutate into darkened crystalline beasts with animalistic properties known as “Fragmented Ones.” If a Korian remains fragmented for too long, they reach a point of no return and must be put down.

Fragmentation is believed to be an intentional control mechanism put in place by Kralkatorrik to prevent her subjects from deserting her (seems she’s not up for having a second Glint). When fragmenting, Korians will sometimes have memories from the host they were born from surface within their minds. When subjects epically fail or attempt to plot against Kralkatorrik, she may completely abandon them to the fate of being fractured.

Because of this, relics or sources that cut off the flow of magical energy from Korians to their dragon master are especially dangerous to them (i.e. krait orb).

INTRODUCTION TO THE OTHER MAJOR RACES:

Korians are hated by the other races. Their portal in Lion’s Arch is always surrounded by sandbags and rifle guards in the event that the shaky alliance with the dragon (caused by some major threat that requires forced cooperation between the major races and Kralkatorrik) suddenly ends.

The Priory are wary of them learning too much about their vaults and precious artifacts -many of which the Korians would love to present to their master.

Korians are only accepted by the others due to a forced necessity. The order of whispers has constant eyes on them and the vigil is always wary about large gatherings of Korians in major cities.

There are constant complaints about Korian participation in the pact and about how they are “getting too close” to critical battle plans and operations.

Yet, despite this, the alliance trudges on with everyone uneasy.

I think this sort of darker and more unaccepted race would add an interesting layer to the interactions of the major races.

I do hope something like this is added in the future when future races and stories are considered. I’d like to be something more than the generic hero at some point. Kind of like your “helping” the major races, but always have this hidden agenda that no one is sure of.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

We already have an unacceptable, monsterous and vile race that only exists to be hated and, Lyssa willing, eventually destroyed – the Charr.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I very much doubt the mortals would ever ally themselves to an Elder Dragons or their minions is any major way. The soul purpose an Elder Dragon seems to have is to consume magic—- until they can consume no more, and their minion’s motives is to help in anyway they can. They might have other motivating factors, but the consumption of magic is how the Elder Dragons live and stay active.

This wouldn’t be so much of a program if it wasn’t for the fact that all of Tyria, including all the mortal races, is imbued with magic. One way of the other, everything is on the buffet table for them.

On a side note, the theory that Kralk desires perfections originated from Konig, I believe. It has nothing to really deal with art or visually appealing objects or structures. It’s more along the lines of Kralk trying to become a “complete being” as it were. Or as Konig put it, “In other words, Kralkatorrik is attempting to obtain all that he is not yet. And when one obtains everything, they become “perfect.”

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

We already have an unacceptable, monsterous and vile race that only exists to be hated and, Lyssa willing, eventually destroyed – the Humans.

Fixed it for you!

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

….. Korians? Really? Are we also gonna bump into the reviled ‘Chynise’ and the detestable ‘Rushians’ later on?

I very much doubt the mortals would ever ally themselves to an Elder Dragons or their minions is any major way.

This right here. I don’t understand what make the uneasy alliance between the major races and these ‘Korians’ a “forced necessity.” Why the hell would they be allowed in the pact? Why would they want to be? The pact’s purpose is to stop the elder dragons.

I don’t mind the idea of a less likeable race being added to the game (as long as it doesn’t turn into Horde vs. Alliance, ugh). I don’t think this is the way to go, though.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I don’t mind the idea of a less likeable race being added to the game

Wasn’t that the role of the Charr? Villains of the first game, turned allies against a greater threat.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

“Korians” is an unfortunate name. In case it’s not obvious why: People are going to pronounce it as “Koreans,” and making the designated “bad guy race” a homophone to an existing group of real-world people is…not good, to put it mildly.

Anyway, I don’t see them adding a new race soon, especially not a villainous race. To fit with the existing story, and to mesh with the other five races, you, as a player, would probably be the exception to the rule, and then resources would have to be spent, essentially, to make NPCs prejudiced against you, or else leave players wondering why no one cares that there’s a <insert species> wandering around.

Setting the practicality of it aside, if we saw another playable race introduced, I’d like to see an existing race further developed, like the Tengu, who are usually the first one to pop up in these discussions. The Kodan are a reasonable option as well, or perhaps the Largos if we ever get a water-dragon-oriented expansion. (Personally, I’d love to play as Skritt or Krait, but those aren’t ever going to happen, with good reason.)

Alternatively, if they wanted to introduce a “darker” alternative storyline, they could have an expansion pack that sees characters start as part of their race’s evil faction. Asura would join up with the Inquest, Humans would begin as Bandits, Sylvari would be part of the Nightmare Court, etc. That would open up a lot of storytelling options in existing locations, and could sync up to the rest of the existing storylines through a redemption arc.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Coulter.2315

We already have an unacceptable, monsterous and vile race that only exists to be hated and, Lyssa willing, eventually destroyed – the Humans.

Fixed it for you!

Pfft a cheap Charr trick, but I wouldn’t expect anythng grand from a race that thought giant, flaming, evil rocks of doom were there for hugs.. The animals cannot be suffered to live – they’ll kill us all in the night with barbarism or stupidity.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Wasn’t that the role of the Charr? Villains of the first game, turned allies against a greater threat.

Haha, I never thought so. I always viewed them less as villains and more as a wronged culture/unwitting pawns. kitten titans.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

While it is all certainly an… interesting proposal, and not entirely bad, I agree that there’s no real reason why they would interact with the other races. The Branded we’ve seen already, which are pretty much the basic type of this race, seem mindless beyond destroying any non-branded creature. There’s been no evidence of any of the dragons being able to speak, and even if they could, or did so by sending a humanoid emissary, Kralkatorrik seems far too powerful to fear 5 puny races. Nowhere in this write-up does it propose exactly how or why they would be permitted or tolerated in Lion’s Arch, let alone the three orders who are dedicated to taking down the head of the race.

Besides, short of a hive-mind, it smacks a bit too much of the Borg. At least in the Voyager years, where they tried to redeem Seven of Nine. Once a great enemy, led by a queen, seeking perfection… and they’d probably have enhanced abilities beyond their core race. (That also seemed a bit vague. Would they look like corrupted humans and charr, or twisted into something else entirely?) The human-charr tension is fractured enough as it is, and Jennah’s idea to return the Claw to broker peace is pretty radical as it is, but more believable than this.

I think the centaurs out in the Maguuma Wastes would make for a pretty good “reluctantly accepted” race, seeing how they raid on the Krytan countryside. Or if there’s a krait diffection, since the quaggan would refuse to talk to them. Not a dragon minion race, though. At least, not yet.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

We already have an unacceptable, monsterous and vile race that only exists to be hated and, Lyssa willing, eventually destroyed – the Charr.

:P

Actually that’s what I like about the Charr.

I very much doubt the mortals would ever ally themselves to an Elder Dragons or their minions is any major way.

Unless they happen to be Glint (although I guess she wasn’t particularly forward about her Elder Dragon ties so I guess it’s excusable).

….. Korians? Really? Are we also gonna bump into the reviled ‘Chynise’ and the detestable ‘Rushians’ later on?

Actually I didn’t see that. +1

Eh the Charr are pretty much still Charr. They just have slightly different view on religion and gender equality. if they weren’t fighting flame legion, foefire ghosts and branded they’d probably be raiding ebonhawk right now. What you think a militant warrior race is just going to sit around all day?

in Living World

Posted by: Kamui.4038

Kamui.4038

They achieved a race to be hated with the Sylvari.

in Living World

Posted by: Clerigo.9475

Clerigo.9475

First i want the Kodan and a huge white bear warrior to love, then i can talk about a race to hate

“When in doubt, choose change.” Leung
“All great changes are preceded by chaos.” Chopra
‘No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world’ Robin Williams

in Living World

Coulter.2315

Eh the Charr are pretty much still Charr. They just have slightly different view on religion and gender equality. if they weren’t fighting flame legion, foefire ghosts and branded they’d probably be raiding ebonhawk right now. What you think a militant warrior race is just going to sit around all day?

Exactly, we cannot allow them to survive. Once we’ve defeated the Dragons they WILL turn on us – I say kill them now while we are able to! EXTERMINATE THEM!

in Living World

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

Exactly, we cannot allow them to survive. Once we’ve defeated the Dragons they WILL turn on us – I say kill them now while we are able to! EXTERMINATE THEM!

Bingo. A race to hate? We have the charr.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Living World

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

If we generally talk about race concept or just race, personaly I would enjoy centaurs. I’m very curious with fitting all armor to them: the most about their horse parts. If we are about race like in a topic imo no need, especially if close to braded we have yoko’s undeads – good opportunity for playable race. Races already in game have nice potential as playable. Honestly idk what about to think about this concept ;] so I told about everything beside.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

The Arcane council is corrupt beyond measure, but they are not intellectually challanged enough to hand over a gate to dragon minions, with the risk of them being able to tune it to Rata Sum.. thus, strike the paragraph about a guarded gate in LA, if they want to go there they can walk.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Living World

Rognik.2579

If we generally talk about race concept or just race, personaly I would enjoy centaurs. I’m very curious with fitting all armor to them: the most about their horse parts. If we are about race like in a topic imo no need, especially if close to braded we have yoko’s undeads – good opportunity for playable race. Races already in game have nice potential as playable. Honestly idk what about to think about this concept ;] so I told about everything beside.

I think the centaurs can work, but it would require all new skins for lower armor. Head, shoulder, hand/arm and chest armor should all be fine as is, but the “leg” armor would have to be draped over the haunch body and shoes would work in sets of four, assuming they’d be more covered than mere horseshoes.

I think the tengu could be an interesting race, and we still know relatively little about them. Aside from a few traders near the walls of their territory, and the one blacksmith who appears in one part of the personal story, they are really isolationist. Then again, the races do trade with them, so I guess they aren’t hated.

in Living World

Coulter.2315

Tengu do seem the most polished and “player ready” looking models we’d be likely to play. But first things first lets make some space around here by annihilating those Charr ^^ I love the smell of burnt fur any time of day ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Tengu do seem the most polished and “player ready” looking models we’d be likely to play. But first things first lets make some space around here by annihilating those Charr ^^ I love the smell of burnt fur any time of day ^^

Funny you should say that. The models the Tengu use are just reskinned Charr models.

in Living World

Coulter.2315

Funny you should say that. The models the Tengu use are just reskinned Charr models.

Ha! Didn’t know that, perhaps we should be more careful around these Tengu.. But if they removed the skin of the Charr they’re walking around in then they get a ‘thumbs up’ from me

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

I’ll be the first Charr to admit the Searing was a big mistake. But it’s not our fault; we got tricked into blowing up Ascalon by Vizier Khilbron—a human. Of course, he also tricked you all into blowing up Orr all on your own, so I guess you need to wipe yourselves out too.

And of course, we all learned our lesson and have not blown up any other continents. Meanwhile you idiots have fallen for the same trick on THREE times, having also been tricked into blowing up the Jade Sea (Shiro) and Ascalon (Adelbern).

So if we’re really going to talk about species that need to be put down, humans are the ones who obediently fall in line every time a genocidal nut comes along.

in Living World

Rognik.2579

I’ll be the first Charr to admit the Searing was a big mistake. But it’s not our fault; we got tricked into blowing up Ascalon by Vizier Khilbron—a human. Of course, he also tricked you all into blowing up Orr all on your own, so I guess you need to wipe yourselves out too.

Actually, the tale goes that it was Khilbron himself who unleashed the Cataclysm. As an Orrian descendent (my forefather left to help Ascalon with the charr problem before even the Searing), it is a shame on my cultural heritage, but one we will have to bear the brunt of.

As for Adelbern, he was a bit of a fanatic. I still can’t believe he stayed behind when even the drinking water had turned to sludge and the farm land was burnt to a crisp. Maybe if he went with Rurik over the Shiverpeaks, not only would his son still be alive, but human-charr relationship would’ve been healed decades ago.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Every time I wonder why the RP community in GW2 is largely ignored for lore, faux-racism posts like those in this thread turn up to remind me.

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

And of course, we all learned our lesson and have not blown up any other continents. Meanwhile you idiots have fallen for the same trick on THREE times, having also been tricked into blowing up the Jade Sea (Shiro) and Ascalon (Adelbern).

So if we’re really going to talk about species that need to be put down, humans are the ones who obediently fall in line every time a genocidal nut comes along.

The charr weren’t “tricked” and they don’t think the Searing was a mistake – talk to the charr in Iron Marches near the Searing Cauldron still there, and they will explain that while the thing needs to be destroyed, it is not for its past use but for the potential dangers to themselves it holds. And they certainly weren’t tricked by Khilbron – the charr likely never even met the vizier.

While true that the charr did not blow up Orr (nor was it “humans” who were tricked into it – it was just one man, Khilbron, who did so knowingly after being converted to the faith of Abaddon), they did have the full intention of causing another Searing in Orr, they just didn’t reach Arah yet, where it seems they were going to set off the Searing at. You can find a total of at least 3 Searing Cauldrons in the Straits of Devastation, between and aroud the Vizier’s Tower and Broken Spit – a fourth one was recovered from the temple of Dwayna, moved there by the risen.

And the charr were not tricked into attacking Orr, Ascalon, and Kryta. They did so intentionally, though directed by the titans – thus the force behind them: Abaddon – but they would have attacked Ascalon regardless, as they had been doing for over a thousand years.

And Adelbern was not tricked into causing the Foefire – he did it fully knowing the consequences, but he was also demented, fallen into madness by the death of his son, the loss of his nation (which the charr burned then conquered), and his hatred for Krytans and charr alike.

Shiro being tricked is questionable, but like Khilbron he was converted by Abaddon’s agents into following the fallen god. His actions do not reflect humanity at a whole. Otherwise, it’d be like comparing the Flame Legion’s actions or the Shaman Caste’s actions reflecting the actions of the charr on a whole. Such as banning all females from fighting just because of a single female warrior and her underground movement.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

The charr weren’t “tricked” and they don’t think the Searing was a mistake – talk to the charr in Iron Marches near the Searing Cauldron still there, and they will explain that while the thing needs to be destroyed, it is not for its past use but for the potential dangers to themselves it holds. And they certainly weren’t tricked by Khilbron – the charr likely never even met the vizier.

While true that the charr did not blow up Orr (nor was it “humans” who were tricked into it – it was just one man, Khilbron, who did so knowingly after being converted to the faith of Abaddon), they did have the full intention of causing another Searing in Orr, they just didn’t reach Arah yet, where it seems they were going to set off the Searing at. You can find a total of at least 3 Searing Cauldrons in the Straits of Devastation, between and aroud the Vizier’s Tower and Broken Spit – a fourth one was recovered from the temple of Dwayna, moved there by the risen.

And the charr were not tricked into attacking Orr, Ascalon, and Kryta. They did so intentionally, though directed by the titans – thus the force behind them: Abaddon – but they would have attacked Ascalon regardless, as they had been doing for over a thousand years.

And Adelbern was not tricked into causing the Foefire – he did it fully knowing the consequences, but he was also demented, fallen into madness by the death of his son, the loss of his nation (which the charr burned then conquered), and his hatred for Krytans and charr alike.

Shiro being tricked is questionable, but like Khilbron he was converted by Abaddon’s agents into following the fallen god. His actions do not reflect humanity at a whole. Otherwise, it’d be like comparing the Flame Legion’s actions or the Shaman Caste’s actions reflecting the actions of the charr on a whole. Such as banning all females from fighting just because of a single female warrior and her underground movement.

Yeah the nerve of those Charr wanting their home land back. Who do they think they are living on the humans’ land for hundreds of years before the humans even showed up in Tyria?

in Living World

Coulter.2315

Yeah the nerve of those Charr wanting their home land back. Who do they think they are living on the humans’ land for hundreds of years before the humans even showed up in Tyria?

I’m sorry but if humanity lives in Ascalon for 1000 years the Charr have ZERO claim on it, can you imagine Italy demanding all of Europe, North Africa and parts of the Middle East were theirs by right because Rome held them 1000 years ago.

No the Charr are bloodthirsty monsters that waged 1000 year war against a people who put up a WALL – didn’t go into Charr territory and slaughter them in their homes – they built a WALL to hide behind. What do these animals do? Savagely attacked for centuries and when it looked like they were finally tired of war, they caused the Searing. Burned the whole area to the ground – turned the water to tar – killed every living human they found. Spreading like a plague across the whole continent until vast magical powers pushed them back.

The Charr just want war, their “family” units are called Warbands! If there isn’t anything else they can kill they turn on each other. This species is dangerous, do not approach and exterminate when possible.

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

If there isn’t anything else they can kill they turn on each other. This species is dangerous, do not approach and exterminate when possible.

This could just as easily be said about humans. Part of the reason they’re going extinct is because of the constant infighting between the different branches of humanity. There’s a reason the game is called “Guild Wars” and not “Human Love Fest”.

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

didn’t go into Charr territory and slaughter them in their homes

Actually, humans did.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

do keep in mind that the charr were manipulated in to believing a false religion, EotN even shows you the uprising of rebel charr soldiers who (in GW:EotN and beyond) created a bond to fight false gods even if it meant to be allies with humans.
the charr war around ebon hawk was against flame legion charr, eventually you saw more and more charr rebel against their oppressors.

ofcouse before that king adelbern already cursed the land, the charr blame ebon hawk’s citizens give is found in the believe every single charr is the same. (and as we know, that’s not the case)

if you want to look at who killed who and who has the right to have ascalon, look first who was more righteous.
the humans lived there for about 1000 years(after scaring away the charr), the charr that struck back were flame legion charr and not the PC charr we know in GW2.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I’m sorry but if humanity lives in Ascalon for 1000 years the Charr have ZERO claim on it, can you imagine Italy

Don’t go there.

There’s nothing good at the end of that road.

in Living World

Rognik.2579

This raises an issue that I want to touch on tangentially. In Ascalon, we have the Separatists, humans who want to keep Ascalonian land, and Renegades, charr who don’t want to give up the human-charr war. Now, I know I’ve seen humans of both gender becoming Separatists (basically indistinguishable from bandits or pirates), but are the Renegades solely male? I’ve gotten better at recognising female charr, but I’m not perfect, and I may have just not noticed, but are there any female Renegades? I don’t recall seeing any.