Repeatable Living World Events?

in Living World

Posted by: DRossiter.7163

DRossiter.7163

Due to job/life etc. I have missed a few achievements. I am not QQ’ing, just want to know will they repeat? Dragon festival in GW1 was a great example where they wore masks and recreated the event.

I guess Halloween will, but I am on about the Crown Pavilion (kitten that Liadri) and Secrets of Southsun.

Has anything been said on re-achieving missed achievements?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Story-related Living Story achievements, like Secret of Southsun, Cutthroat Politics and Clockwork Chaos is unlikely to ever return, I’m afraid.

Festival content like Halloween and Wintersday are quite likely to return, although we don’t know for sure if past achievements for those will be completable again. We DO know that the Zephyr Sanctum, Crown Pavilion and the Queen’s Gauntlet will be returning, and that achievements for the Gauntlet at least will be completable when it does. Hopefully the Sanctum and Pavilion achievements will also be completable at those times.

in Living World

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

Maybe dragon bash will return, only this time maybe a new elder dragon will come to bash our heads

in Living World

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I’d happily return to the game if I could repeat the content I’ve missed, though I’m not too keen on devoting to something that gives me a tiny window of opportunity to complete fresh content after kicking up a huge fuss about how the game wasn’t going to feel like a chore.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Story-related Living Story achievements, like Secret of Southsun, Cutthroat Politics and Clockwork Chaos is unlikely to ever return, I’m afraid.

Festival content like Halloween and Wintersday are quite likely to return, although we don’t know for sure if past achievements for those will be completable again. We DO know that the Zephyr Sanctum, Crown Pavilion and the Queen’s Gauntlet will be returning, and that achievements for the Gauntlet at least will be completable when it does. Hopefully the Sanctum and Pavilion achievements will also be completable at those times.

Well if Super Adventure Box is any indication then you’re right. A bit sad though, maybe eventually ANet will implement something like this, or add semi-permanency to these events. However a big part of these events do require a a large group to actually be fun, it you have all of them available you’ll also got a saturation of players and then some of the fun might get lost. Having one living story event active at a time does allow ANet to focus the players attention on one thing at a time. So I’d say there are parts of these events that could be made semi-permanent.

For example there’s no reason why the Flame and Frost dungeon or world events couldn’t have stuck around, or the Aetherblade dungeon.

in Living World

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

They will think of some way to bring them back like the adventure box which I wish would have stayed in the box. It’s pretty boring if you do it more than once every few days. Not like the Scarlet Attacks which were extra wonderful.