Solution to the Scarlet Problem

in Living World

Posted by: Jeff.4680

Jeff.4680

There seems to be quite an issue here. While a small group of people do enjoy Scarlet, most of the player base seems to absolutely demise her as the main antagonist. With it pretty much being a given that she’s behind the story in the upcoming patch, it certainly appears as if the writers do not care.

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION TO THIS DILEMMA:

We get to the top of the Krait Tower: Scarlet is there, as expected, being cliche and silly as usual, laughing about how “foolish” we are or what ever crap she says. All of a sudden Mordremoth (or any elder dragon) come crashing down from the sky landing directly on Scarlet thus riding us of her ridiculousness for good. Mordremoth’s forces then engage in a massive zone-wide battle against Scarlet’s guys, wiping out, leaving us to save Kessex. Pact forces arrive, but this is not enough. The large amount of magic in the area comes to Isgarren’s attention, who sends in an army of elemental minions and saves the day. Who knows, maybe even the Tengu will come out?

All in favor?

Partially credited to Wooden Potatoes and Matt Visual

From the smallest blade of grass to the largest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Living World

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Not in favor, for several reasons. I’ll resist jumping on the issue of how many people like/dislike Scarlet, except to say that it’s important to remember that a large number of players likely don’t even participate in the web community, or voice an opinion on Scarlet if they do. It’s very, very easy to see a lot of people complaining about something on forums, but that’s hardly an exact metric.

Unless there’s a lot more development and conclusion to Scarlet’s story than you’ve suggested, I’d find that incredibly anticlimactic. I think even people who hate Scarlet would rather kill her with their own hands, than to see her suddenly crushed without even giving us an opportunity to defeat her first.

I’d rather not see Isgarren in the Living Story; there’s an extremely, potentially very dark implied story in Wizard’s Fief, and I, personally, would rather let some mysteries remain mysterious.

While I’d like to see Tengu do something more eventually, I don’t want them brought into a larger role in the game as an afterthought. I’d like to see it done right, and “Who knows, maybe even the Tengu will come out?” is definitely an afterthought.

I would like to see the Krait Tower be some build up to the next Elder Dragon, and hopefully be drawing Scarlet’s story closer to a conclusion.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

How about, even if Scarlet is behind the tower, not have her show up – remember the Molten Alliance? She didn’t show up there. Let’s have more of that.

Or, let’s go the simple route. Solution to Scarlet? 1 bullet. 1 gun. 1 good aim. You do the math.

I’d rather have something build up and improvement to Scarlet, than just killing her outright. I’m kind of tired of Anet sweeping their “failures” under the rug by blatantly ridding them (and the failure with Scarlet is less the character and more the story development and showing – which the new Tower of Nightmare shows hopes of improvement there) – they’ve done it a lot. I mean, what was their response to the charr armor clippings? “They’re not popular, so we won’t take care of it for a while.” (Ever wonder why they’re not popular? Maybe a major armor clipping being in your face the entire time playing the character has something to do with it…).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I think during F&F Scarlet didnt even exist in their plans, she’s a midsummer addition that was attributed all the previous LS updates because at the time players complained that there is no rhyme or reason to the living story, no overarching connection. Enter Scarlet as the deus ex solution to every non-dragon evil in the world. Urgh

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Any scenario where we kill the vegetable is appreciated. Sooner rather than later. And then we get back to the story.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I think during F&F Scarlet didnt even exist in their plans, she’s a midsummer addition that was attributed all the previous LS updates because at the time players complained that there is no rhyme or reason to the living story, no overarching connection. Enter Scarlet as the deus ex solution to every non-dragon evil in the world. Urgh

That sounds about right, the character does seem rather hastily thrown together. The VA who provided her dialogue could have easily recorded most her lines in a day since they are one liners and LOL for the most part. Of course she could always return to the studio for follow ups but i just don’t think it would take that much time to do since it’s not an entire seasons worth of work just a coupe of info dumps here and there.

As for what OP suggested hmmm, no that’s about as cliche’ as the character herself, let her go gracefully for her fan’s sake. I think the worse thing that could happen would be if she kicks the bucket while laughing hysterically as she lets herself die in some manner such as an explosion or being killed by one of her own creations.

in Living World

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Absorb her and gain her power! RAWR

but yea lol, that would be an epic battle! / agree

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist