Scarlet (French point of view)

in Living World

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Hi! I’m a french player and come here to compare our point of view. Some French RP players are tired of Scarlet and have many complains about her and Arena.net. I decided to come and talk to the English community to see if there is a convergenr point of view about her.

The thing is that the major issue with the Living World storyline is Scarlet.

Everything seems inconsistent with this character from the beginning. “Hi ! I learned the mysteries of the Universe with the College of Synergetics, technomagical with the College of Dynamics, architecture with the College of Statics, smithing with a Norn and mechanic with a Charr of the Iron Legion. It take me only one years for graduate in each. I worked with Inquest, who dislike other races and use them as slave and guinea pig, but they make an exception for me. I manipulated the Charrs of the Flame Legion, the Dredges, the Nightmare Court, the Kraits, the Inquest and some pirates to serve my supremely clever plans where everything goes well exactly as I had expected and against you can do absolutely nothing. You’re all my toys !

In the opinion of many French people is that Scarlet is just a Dark Mary Sue. It’s why so many players complain about her. Arena.net is rotting the lore with Scarlet. What next ? Savage Alliance with Skritt, Grawls and Centaurs ? Ice Alliance with Hyleks and Svanirs ? And after that the Mega-Alliance involving all the alliances ? They should stop the nonsense…

Guild Wars 2 it’s : Elders Dragons and minor threats (Centaurs, Svanirs, Inquest, Flame Legion, …) against the Orders and the five races.

French players want to see Living World content with these minor threats to remind their existence. Personnally, If I can see the Flame Legion put the Black Citadel under siege I will be very happy. Other Living World content about Elders Dragons to remind the threat they are on Tyria. Zhaïtan was killed and they don’t give a kitten ? And between these, festive content like the Mad King Thorn.

But please stop with Scarlet. she’s a failed character, coated in a poorly made escalation, with nonsense at all floors… Last exemple in mind, when at the top of the Nightmare tower she speak five minutes and leave nonchalantly and NO ONE MOVE… The biggest current threat on Tyria (ahead of these napping dragons) is in front of us, with no guards and no wall of bramble between us and no one try to kill her ? They’re heroes that climbed the Nightmare tower or molluscs ? It’s not because of well crafted plans that she’s unstopable, it’s because heroes don’t give a kitten to her when she’s around…

French RP players mostly ask Arena.net to kill her and let us forget this mistake with better Living World content instead of this growing bunch of crap stomping every piece of lore. No more Mary Sueism, please !

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Yes, you are a French.

Half the forum have already said how bad and boring Scarlet is, and I’m sure many of them are from different countries too.

I don’t think our nationalities changes our opinions much on that matter.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Hatred for Scarlet has now gone global.

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

No matter where they come from, people hate bad stories.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Dude I’m French and I have no idea what your complaining or talking about.

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Kulvar, your post was amusing and refreshing. And yes, it seems there is widespread dislike for Scarlet for precisely the reasons you listed, regardless of region or nationality.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

lol!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hatred for Scarlet has gone global.

I feel bad this will haunt Angel McCoy wherever she goes.

in Living World

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Hatred for Scarlet has gone global.

I feel bad this will haunt Angel McCoy wherever she goes.

We don’t hate her(at least I don’t) that would give Anet the idea that they actually crafted a good villian that people love to hate. No we are annoyed by her presence and it’s dragging the entire performance of the living story down to the point were we can’t enjoy story content in the game.

in Living World

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

LOL! I just had to replay to this post xD It’s so true. And the OP makes some great points, they are stomping old and decent lore with this nonsense.

in Living World

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Im Ukranian and been living in NYC almost all my life. I think Scarlet is meh, and its really the fault of the writers for putting out a bad story or who ever is in charge of overall story direction.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW