Scarlet is a good thing..

in Living World

Posted by: Ariance.8340

Ariance.8340

I agree with you. Scarlet sucks. But her existence has hinted that there is another pale tree in the west. For a final confrontation, it will lead us into Maguuma Wastes, where we will confront another Elder Dragon. I figured it out for you guys, so now you can hate Scarlet a little less.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It does?
I was under the impression that she came form the standard Pale Tree.
We do however KNOW that there is another Pale Tree, due to Malyck

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I agree with you. Scarlet sucks. But her existence has hinted that there is another pale tree in the west.

Or they could just bring up Malyck, a Sylvari from another tree, to do that for us, and he is a MUCH better character than Scarlet. If you do not know who Malyck is, he is in the Sylvari Storyline if you chose Where Life Goes in the character creation.

It does?
I was under the impression that she came form the standard Pale Tree.

She was based on the Fanfic in the official site and ingame from the stupid tree herself.

in Living World

Posted by: Glitched.7456

Glitched.7456

1: No she’s not. (A good thing.)

2: She in no way hints to the other tree, in her story it’s made clear that she was born from The Pale Tree and she met the same Mender that all of us met after stepping out of our pods.

3: The “other tree” is solidly confirmed and doesn’t need to be hinted to, as Qawsada mentioned, by Malyck’s storyline for “Where Life Goes”…

4: I will never hate Scarlet any less. I don’t care what they do at this point. I was holding onto the hope that she was being controlled by Mordremoth (still possible), but if / when that’s revealed to be true, I’ll only be slightly more satisfied with ANet’s decisions, never will my hate for Scarlet actually decrease. EVEN if it turns out that underneath the mindcontrol she was a really great, nice, sweet sylvari who wanted to care for sick fernhounds, she can still rot in history as one of the worst characters ever slapped together and flaunted in front of thousands and thousands of disgusted players.

in Living World

Posted by: Hyperion.9654

Hyperion.9654

There should be only 5 elder dragons why the hell are devs adding a new one? are they just throwing away all the awesome lore that they developed in GW1?
we know of
-Zhaitan (worst dragon boss)
-Tequatle
-Jormag
-Kralkatorrik
-Deep sea dragon

the apparently sixth elder dragon would be so out of place. What happened to the mursaat? what about the ring of fire? how about the Forgotten in the crystal desert. What about Cantha, Elona? Factions and etc.?
Scarlet Briar is so kitten annoying. Ascended the tower of nightmares? You see Scarlet and she disappears, you do the fractal you see Scarlet is behind everything. So basically Scarlet dictates everything in GW2. Thats kittened.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The only issue with the “sixth elder dragon being out of place” is the fact that it is more or less confirmed in the game (and have been since release) that there is quite likely that more than those 5 exists.
Don’t really see how that is tied to “throwing away all the awesome lore that they developed in GW1” seeing as the only thing we saw about the Elder Dragons (and they were not even referred to those until after GW2 reveal) was Primordus.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: RustyRhino.9854

RustyRhino.9854

Also if you take a look at the map in Brisban Wildlands, there are two “map portals” that (eventually will) lead to other places in the maguuma jungle. The existence of these further hint that Anet had planned to put those areas in when GW2 was released.

(edited by RustyRhino.9854)

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

No. That post title – it’s just wrong. In no universe, fictional or real, is a character like Scarlet a “good thing”.
Rename it to “new update a good thing – we may have gotten useful lore information for the first time ever in LS”. And that’s more due to the mention of “magical lay lines” than theories about her involvement with another Tree.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Hka.3942

Hka.3942

Hyperion, Tequatl isn’t an elder dragon and you forgot Primordus.

in Living World

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

You go to one of Scarlets attacks. You’re the only one there. You kill off a wave of her minions. Then another. Then after a long hard fought battle you even manage to beat another wave alone.

Then before you can collect any loot, Scarlet appears right behind you and slams you downed into a mass of enemies and you die instantly. You are, all by yourself, such a huge threat to her that she takes the time and effort to eliminate just you. Seriously?

Twice was enough for me. That’s avoidable content for most players now so She really doesn’t matter much anymore. Good or bad is lost to content that wasn’t thoroughly thought out.

in Living World

Posted by: heyoldguy.2578

heyoldguy.2578

I love Scarlet. But only as the demented attacker of entire regions, not as the mastermind for all that happens beyond that. In those open world attacks though, Scarlet and her minions show themselves as highly resilient and somewhat intelligent foes that have some much needed quirks. Most of the game outside dungeons is easily explored, with very little unexpected behavior from anything out there. Scarlet relieves that somewhat dull gameplay in huge ways. Can she suddenly appear after you think you have beaten her minions and stomp you? Yes. Can she also decide to spare you for being “uninteresting”? True as well. Scarlet’s minions work together, and they don’t scale. That can be daunting at first, but with a bit of learning, a player can work local wildlife into attacking them, and can use landscape obstacles to keep from getting killed—at least unless Scarlet herself shows up. Two players can bring down a champion nightmare by ping ponging the thing between them, and then have the next champ be wiser and nastier. Scarlet may or may not show in her battle zones, but she also has unexpected appearances anywhere in the area—such as when you are far from battle, trying to have an armorsmith repair your armor from her having killed you while walking innocently down a road. That has happened to me. Scarlet can be annoying, true; so can any villain in any story. But what Scarlet is not, when she’s fighting in an open zone, is dull or repetitive or predictable. In short, she’s fun! So let’s keep her there at least, no matter where else she does or does not exist. She’d be perfect casting as a subordinate to some dragon or something that’s been tasked with trying to weaken our will.

(edited by heyoldguy.2578)

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

No, she’s not and the day she stops being part of the story will be the first day in a lomng time when I’ll actually start enjoying the story again. With every expansion, she’s getting more and more annoying, to the point where she actually makes it impossible to play the game (literally, I was just gathering a bit in Iron Marches and every few seconds I got jumped on by a zerg-pumped Scarlet, that spikes for 25k per shot even though I’m al alone there).

Time to remove the weed from the game, and let the true flowers blossom.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

The devs have told us noumerous times that they have written an end for Scarlet. So now we will probably wait a maximum of 4(hopefully) months before she’ll be nothing more than history of tyria.

in Living World

Posted by: clocksword.6052

clocksword.6052

The devs have told us noumerous times that they have written an end for Scarlet. So now we will probably wait a maximum of 4(hopefully) months before she’ll be nothing more than history of tyria.

14 months to bring to an end an over-arching Living ‘Story’ that has done nothing but disappoint. Can’t believe its lasted a year.

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I would assume that we’ll get at least a few LS updates before the final chapter with Scarlet, so all in all I’d expect an end around summer 2014. By that point they have been wasting our time for a year and a half. Wow! Here’s to hoping after that we can get back to the main plot and forget about everything what happened after we beat Zhaitan and that point in time.