Seeds of truth.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I’m actually pretty excited for this update. It might enrichen the story and I really like Caithe and Faolain.
That said I hope it will involve more than just the flashback ;-)
Looking forward to play it at any rate.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m quite certain Seeds of Truth will involve us returning to the Pale Tree (who has regained consciousness, although is still weak), who sends us into the Dream to relive Caithe’s past and discover what she knows. From there, we can then infer where Caithe is taking the egg.

I’m looking forward to finding out more about Caithe’s (and Faolain’s) history. She’s always been the most mysterious of the 5 members of Destiny’s Edge. Getting a firsthand look at the initial interactions between the Firstborn and the Asura will be fascinating too.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Why do I get the feeling I will see Animus project levels in how they go back to the past? :/

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Baolun.8316

Baolun.8316

Since nobody’s mentioned it in this thread yet – the Pale Tree grew from one of several seeds found in a mysterious cave, so we’re probably going to find out more about that, and the sealed cave is most likely the cave in question. I’m also hoping to find out more about Malyck’s tree, as the existence of another tree implies at least one other being found the cave of seeds, though that might not be in this chapter.

Wild theory that probably isn’t true: the Inquest found the cave and planted all the seeds so they could use the resulting Sylvari as a reliable source of slaves and test subjects.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Since nobody’s mentioned it in this thread yet – the Pale Tree grew from one of several seeds found in a mysterious cave, so we’re probably going to find out more about that, and the sealed cave is most likely the cave in question. I’m also hoping to find out more about Malyck’s tree, as the existence of another tree implies at least one other being found the cave of seeds, though that might not be in this chapter.

Wild theory that probably isn’t true: the Inquest found the cave and planted all the seeds so they could use the resulting Sylvari as a reliable source of slaves and test subjects.

FINALLY someone mentions the sealed cave.
Although why do you think it could be sealed with the symbol of serpents on the entrance?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

There has been a common idea raised that the Forgotten had something to do with the creation of the Pale Tree, including having granted her a form of the same magic that cleansed Glint and protects Forgotten artifacts from being corrupted. So, if we’ve found the place where they did that, it might explain things.

Mind you, Ronan’s story doesn’t really make it sound like a place with massive doors to begin with. My gut feeling is that we’re seeing a location that was set up by the Forgotten in the distant past as a possible creche (among other purposes).

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

There has been a common idea raised that the Forgotten had something to do with the creation of the Pale Tree, including having granted her a form of the same magic that cleansed Glint and protects Forgotten artifacts from being corrupted. So, if we’ve found the place where they did that, it might explain things.

Mind you, Ronan’s story doesn’t really make it sound like a place with massive doors to begin with. My gut feeling is that we’re seeing a location that was set up by the Forgotten in the distant past as a possible creche (among other purposes).

Interesting. Although I do not believe the whole, Sylvari are immune to corruption, just SOME corruption. Pretty sure they would be “crystalfied”, crystallized does not feel right, if Kralky were to have flown over the Grove instead through eastern Ascalon.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

Well, we don’t know about the limits on the Forgotten protection either. It could be that, for instance, the entity that the protection is initially placed on is flat-out immune (Glint, the Pale Tree) while if the protection is inherited it’s not so strong (Glint’s children, the sylvari).

Come to think on it, if the sylvari were bioengineered from the start as anti-ED soldiers, this might explain why they have the life cycle they do – it allows maximum proliferation with the minimum number of generations from the initial application of the protection.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@Rebound i think if you your speculation to be taken seriously you might want to stop using cabbages? the first 2 times its funny, after that it just becomes an annoyance to read.

Further whats up with them first talking to Centaurs and the second after they slaughter them? They look like peaceful maguuma peacekeepers to me, the ones you can also find in Dry Top.

That’s your own opinion on the mater ^.^. I can’t take seriously the story as long as it constantly revolves around 1 race. In fact the whole story is beginning to be an annoyance to me. I honestly can’t wait for the Rytlock sidestory to start just so i don’t get to see and experience the melodrama which the Sylvari represent as a race and has been diligently spoonfed to us since the start of the game.

If u don’t want to take my posts seriously because of 1-2 words, then don’t. It’s your right :P that won’t change my thoughts on the matter….they have, are..and will always be over-glorified melodramatic cabbages because of the way ANet has presented them to us both in quality and in quantity…over..and..over…and over…and over…and over…and over…and over….again.

I know, GW1 sucked because it was all about Humans… stupid one race stories…

And even so many find it better then most of the GW2 story…..ironic.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

The distinction is that because there was only one species, nobody EXPECTED the stories to be about anything else. Meanwhile, while they were all ‘humans’, we had a total of eight different ethnicities who all played important roles in the story at various points, and that’s not including the ones that only appeared as demons or undead.

When you include playable nonhuman races and cultures, though, that creates an expectation that those races and cultures will get their fair share of the spotlight. At the moment, it probably is fair to say that sylvari have had more than their fair share, and norn in particular have been left out.

It’d be like if, after Nightfall, Living World had started up and ended up ignoring pretty much everything outside of Elona in order to focus on dealing with Palawa Joko post-Abaddon, with the other continents only ever coming up when Joko decides to raid some location in Cantha or Tyria, or when some local problem gets in the way of the players seeking foreign assistance against Joko. Sooner or later, people who are invested in Tyria or Cantha would want to see those regions actually get the focus rather than being the sideshow to events in Elona.

It’s actually something that makes me hope Mordremoth is either dead, or served such a serious defeat that he’s put into retreat like Kralkatorrik, after the conclusion of S2: So the spotlight can go somewhere else. Maybe Mordremoth dying or going back into hiding coincides with Jormag going on the offensive, thus giving the norn some proper airtime for a change.

(For the record, I’m not heavily invested in the norn – if anything, they’re probably the race I find least interesting out of the five. However, I can recognise that they’ve been drawing the short straw when it comes to airtime, and hey… if they get a bit more focus, maybe they can be MADE to be more interesting!)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

The part in the Inquest base really looks like a stealth mission kind of thing. I hope we get stealth-specific skills to outplay the AI. \ò/

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Interesting. Although I do not believe the whole, Sylvari are immune to corruption, just SOME corruption. Pretty sure they would be “crystalfied”, crystallized does not feel right, if Kralky were to have flown over the Grove instead through eastern Ascalon.

No, I’m pretty sure not even then: the main characters of the Ghosts of Ascalon book ventured into the Brand at one point, and I think there was a line about how the sylvari member of the group was the only member that was at no risk of being corrupted while crossing it.

The more we go on, the more it seems likely the reason Sylvari can’t be corrupted by seemingly any dragon other than Mordremoth (and only then if they are Soundless) is going to show up very soon, and is going to be related to where the seeds Ronan found actually came from.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Novuake.2691

No, I’m pretty sure not even then: the main characters of the Ghosts of Ascalon book ventured into the Brand at one point, and I think there was a line about how the sylvari member of the group was the only member that was at no risk of being corrupted while crossing it.

The more we go on, the more it seems likely the reason Sylvari can’t be corrupted by seemingly any dragon other than Mordremoth (and only then if they are Soundless) is going to show up very soon, and is going to be related to where the seeds Ronan found actually came from.

Well well well. I really need to read the books. A shame they are impossible to get here… And I am not an ebook fan. Eyestrain and all…

Thanks for the reference!

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

what if light armor is ceara before she turned nuts ?

Ceara was not a light armor class. She was an Engineer (medium armor class). The fairy-like salad is a new character we will meet in the next episode.

SPECULATION: The girl in question may be the person who caused Faolain to convert to the Nightmare Court. She is mostly likely a Secondborn Sylvari as well.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

“The Nightmare Court was founded by the Secondborn Cadeyrn after a number of events”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cadeyrn

Maybe it’s him in the trailer: http://i.imgur.com/bedqW90.jpg

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

They just added this to FB:
http://i.imgur.com/GOPhWze.jpg

That dude in the shadow looks a bit like a charr.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

More specifically a kind of lost Charr chasing after burning sword.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Rebound.3409

Hmmm…yea i was thinking of him also….but why would he appear all of a sudden in the maguuma jungle… if it’s indeed Rytlock they should have a good explanation for him being there.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

We do not know to where he could escape from the Mists though. Technically he could just turn up anywhere.

There is of course also the possibility that he might have been corrupted..

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m quite sure that Rytlock’s escape will be tied to either Fractals or WvW. (Most likely the former.) The players have to go into a specific Fractal and help him escape back to Dessa’s Lab, from which we can then return to Lion’s Arch.

Anyway, that image and the byline is extremely interesting… The way I look at it, the most obvious conclusion is that “they” refers to Rytlock, who is a prisoner of Mordremoth. (Somehow. It’s unclear how he got out of the Mists in the first place, unless that scene is from a place in the Mists which shows a potential alternate timeline where Mordremoth has been successful in beating back the Pact.)

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

I’m quite sure that Rytlock’s escape will be tied to either Fractals or WvW. (Most likely the former.) The players have to go into a specific Fractal and help him escape back to Dessa’s Lab, from which we can then return to Lion’s Arch.

Anyway, that image and the byline is extremely interesting… The way I look at it, the most obvious conclusion is that “they” refers to Rytlock, who is a prisoner of Mordremoth. (Somehow. It’s unclear how he got out of the Mists in the first place, unless that scene is from a place in the Mists which shows a potential alternate timeline where Mordremoth has been successful in beating back the Pact.)

Or these new raids that are supposedly in the pipeline…

I disagree with your interpretation of “they” though. I think it’s clear that “they” refers to a collection of people rather than just one Charr. If it is indeed Rytlock, when you combine it with the image of him wearing a blindfold, could it mean the human Gods are being kept trapped in the mists by the Elder Dragons?

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

That would suggest we would not see Rytlock again for months or potentially even years.

As far as we know they haven’t even started working on Raids yet after all.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

That would suggest we would not see Rytlock again for months or potentially even years.

As far as we know they haven’t even started working on Raids yet after all.

Yeah true. Personally I wouldn’t be against Rytlock just disappearing for a crazy amount of time. Don’t get me wrong he’s probably my favourite DE member, I just think it would be an interesting line for the story to take – especially if we had some way of trying to get Asuran research into probing the mists for him etc. However with these teaser images it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I’m thinking all the teases point to Rytlock showing up at the 11th hour (i.e. episode 8 ) and kicking ferny tail thanks to some*thing* he picks up while in the Mists.

As for how… I’m thinking Caithe took the egg to find a safe place for it to hatch. I suspect with Glint dead, there is no guarantee that the hatchling won’t become Kralkatorrik’s minion the moment it hatches, and I bet we will find out, either through the flashbacks or when we finally catch up to her, that there is no safe place on Tyria, which leaves taking the egg to someplace in the Mists.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

With those things heading towards that charr silhouette in a verdant area, I have to wonder if “they” are the Sylvari and Rytlock is giving a warning about it. Maybe the Soundless have been nabbed as they are unprotected by the Pale Tree, so as to explain why player sylvari still have free agency?

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Maya.8715

Maya.8715

It’s interesting, confusing, mind boggling, inspiring, uppity and down quantity/quality wise (each chapter of living world), makes for a great wait, but in the end, I hope that these stories will eventually shape up to make for a permanent replacement to the expansion formula so that stories are brought about more fluidly. It would make for a more lifelike universe that I hope we as players will be able to help shape through our actions in and out of game.

As for this upcoming part, I hope that as much story will be revealed as the one where we meet that last dwarf from the past. Oh, and filled with as much action as when we confronted Scarlet.

Win 7 Ultimate//ASUS P5Q Pro//
PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 MYST Edition//Intel Core 2 Duo E8500//8 Gigs or DDR2 RAM//240 GB SSD

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: Lodestone Draconis.7684

Lodestone Draconis.7684

So I guess I was the only one that thought “Oh kitten its Cobra, We better call in G.I. Joe” at the end of this.

Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary.

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: SheiyeSai.6037

SheiyeSai.6037

I think with this flashback, we will more of a connection between the asura and the sylvari, the Eternal Alchemy, the Dream/Nightmare and the ED. Everything is connected, but I’m still trying to figure out how

Seeds of truth.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

They just added this to FB:
http://i.imgur.com/GOPhWze.jpg

That dude in the shadow looks a bit like a charr.

Are those converted destroyers? Is mordy turning other dragon minions to his side?