So no dragon bash this year?

in Living World

Posted by: Sharagoth.4629

Sharagoth.4629

or is it going to happen on the release of LS season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

ofc not….That event is a recycle event. That means they only copy-paste it from last year.

This time there is no LA to copy paste it over (LA has to be identical in form to what it was before it got destroyed in order to work/have sense)…so they completely threw it out the window.

And yes..before u ask…..all events in this game only happen in LA because all other towns were created just to give you the impression this game is bigger then 1 map. Because this is a AAA game.

in Living World

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

between the “mystical dragon” finisher and the “mystical dragon” mini in the special section of the mini collectibles, i suspect that there will be something this year, possibly as part of the zephyrite festival. they are implied to have recently come from cantha, and the “mystical dragon” is a canthan/chinese style dragon. having a dragon bash as part of the “lion’s arch fundraiser” is one possibility.

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Last year, Dragon Bash lasted for a month, from June 11 to July 9. Yet this year they could throw some kind of Dragon Bash from, let’s say, next week or within two weeks, and the party could be crashed by Mordy on July 2

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Last year, Dragon Bash lasted for a month, from June 11 to July 9. Yet this year they could throw some kind of Dragon Bash from, let’s say, next week or within two weeks, and the party could be crashed by Mordy on July 2

Dragon Bash: The Dragon Bashes Back.
Although I doubt it, a lot of work would have to go into something like this. Maybe we’ll get a dragon bash as part of the July release, since they haven’t released anything but a single image (which gives no indication of Dragon Bashing) I’m not sure.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

That’s what I said!

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

ofc not….That event is a recycle event. That means they only copy-paste it from last year.

This time there is no LA to copy paste it over (LA has to be identical in form to what it was before it got destroyed in order to work/have sense)…so they completely threw it out the window.

I’m thinking this is spot on.
Can’t do Dragon Bash if LA is destroyed.

Also, in terms of in-game logic: If your city is destroyed and you’ve just started building it up again, you probably don’t have the money and the manpower (and probably not the will) to do a festival.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Lore-wise it wouldn’t make much sense for LA to throw a celebration when thousands of people have just died, survivors are grieving and the city is in ruins. While I’d love to see Dragon Bash back as well, it may be that ANet is skipping it this year.

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

maybe July 1st has Dragon Bash. While we Dragon Bashing a disturbing stuff happen. Modremoth show up. Think about that!

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Bazaar of the Four Winds and Crown Pavilion are both annual events yet occurred at a different time than last year. It is possible that we’ll get Dragon Bash later in the year.

It’s also possible that the Living Story content and the festival content are not exclusive for release.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Lore-wise it wouldn’t make much sense for LA to throw a celebration when thousands of people have just died, survivors are grieving and the city is in ruins. While I’d love to see Dragon Bash back as well, it may be that ANet is skipping it this year.

That’s exactly WHY they need to celebrate. Right now the times are too dark for LA they need a booster or 2 to get them going again.
Right now.. LA has an Orr like feel to it

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

And yes..before u ask…..all events in this game only happen in LA because all other towns were created just to give you the impression this game is bigger then 1 map. Because this is a AAA game.

So Labyrinthine Cliffs, SAB, the Halloween maze thing, Toypocalypse must have been exempt from your analysis…

Those are all seasonal and don’t require LA to accomplish.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah that would be a bit… untoward. I guess Divinity’s Reach could have held a dragon bash themed pavilion.

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

From a development point of view, I don’t think it’ll happen. Next patch is 3 weeks away.
From a story/lore point of view, it’s completely sensible and consistent that it’s not happening, even without Arena Net saying anything or making up justification.
Lion’s Arch hosted the event last time, Lion’s Arch is now destroyed and doesn’t have the means to host it. Furthermore, the party who hosted it has bitter memories of the event. Two of their members were assassinated and enemy pirates infiltrated their city.