Spoiler Alert: Srsly Wardens, Srsly?!!

in Living World

Posted by: Cig Halfblood.4015

Cig Halfblood.4015

Srsly? Are they unable to tilt their heads down and realize that their Mother isn’t ‘sleeping’?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

Shes not dead ;_;
She is faded away. >
_<

And yes… this is a point i dont like. The wardens dont care about the avatar.
Ok, its only the avatar of the whole tree… but… a little respect plzzz… ;_;

I know its hard to change the world and match it up with the old storyline from Zaithans fight. (many places are changed in the old story duo to changes of the new one)

But ANet should change the text to fit the actual story.

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The Omphalos chamber only got 2 alterations: it’s darker, and the Avatar is “unconscious” (how does a mere manifestation not fade away when the Pale Tree is unconscious, exactly?). Surely they can tie the new form to whether or not your character did The Dragon’s Reach: Part 2 – after all, the members of Destiny’s Edge disappear after Setting the Stage in your PS progress (and returns after Victory or Death).

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Shes not dead ;_;
She is faded away. >
_<

She has fallen into shadow

comic edit –
Mordremoth sent her to another dimension!

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

The Avatar does not “fade away” because it is an actual physical body that the Pale Tree grew for herself, in order to communicate with her children more directly.

It is not some kind of ghostly apparition.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Except that in the past it was explicitly stated to be a mere manifestation. Something “physical” is not a “manifestation”. She ever calls the avatar “the spirit of the Pale Tree that surrounds you.”

1. an act of manifesting.
2. the state of being manifested.
3. outward or perceptible indication; materialization: At first there was no manifestation of the disease.
4. a public demonstration, as for political effect.
5. Spiritualism. a materialization.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/manifestation?s=t

“I am the avatar, the spirit of the Pale Tree that surrounds you. I am the mother of the sylvari race. I am Tyria’s ally. "
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Darkness#Dialogues

“I am not as I appear to you. This small body is but a manifestation I use to put visitors at ease. My entire being stretches deep into this world and out into the Dream. I am more than you can imagine.” (to non-sylvari)
“It is by the love of my children that I flourish. This manifestation I use for visitors cannot express the depth of my roots or the breadth of my branches, both here and in the Dream. "
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Avatar_of_the_Tree#Dialogue

I’m sorry, but it IS a ghostly apparition. She says so herself. It is not physical. Anet’s writers flubbed up there.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Maybe it’s a clue! And the pale tree isn’t a pale tree but a giant (possibly pale) mushroom, ya know, like in that X-files episode.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

All I see is another disconnect between the player and dialog. It’s like during Season 1 when talking to Logan or Rytlock gave you the impression of a complete stranger. Interaction with Rytlock went along the lines of “Who are you? I don’t have time to talk to strangers, we have a crisis on our hands.”

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Shes not dead ;_;
She is faded away. >
_<

She has fallen into shadow

comic edit –
Mordremoth sent her to another dimension!

Oh!!!

You may be on to something, Sariel!

And the plot thickens…

in Living World

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

She lost a shadow duel against the Shadow of the Dragon and now she has been banished to the shadow realm.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Except that in the past it was explicitly stated to be a mere manifestation. Something “physical” is not a “manifestation”. She ever calls the avatar “the spirit of the Pale Tree that surrounds you.”

1. an act of manifesting.
2. the state of being manifested.
3. outward or perceptible indication; materialization: At first there was no manifestation of the disease.
4. a public demonstration, as for political effect.
5. Spiritualism. a materialization.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/manifestation?s=t

A materialization is not physical? :P

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/materialization?s=t
verb (used without object), materialized, materializing.
to come into perceptible existence; appear; become actual or real; be realized or carried out:
Our plans never materialized.
to assume material or bodily form; become corporeal:
The ghost materialized before Hamlet.
verb (used with object), materialized, materializing.
to give material form to; realize:
to materialize an ambition.
to invest with material attributes:
to materialize abstract ideas with metaphors.
to make physically perceptible; cause (a spirit or the like) to appear in bodily form.
to render materialistic.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Konig, just because it is expressively stated that the avatar is a manifestation, does not mean that is was not physical. There have been plenty of stories written throughout the course of history that use “physical manifestation” of things similar in concept to the Pale Tree. Entities that are too vast for the ‘mere mortal’ mind to comprehend, and as such need to manifest themselves into something more human-like.

The fact that the does text does state “small body” does imply that it is physical, not just a projected image.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

That body on the floor is nothing but a puppet without a puppeteer. The Mother Tree is so weak that she can’t even animate her own puppet. The wardens knows this, so they have no care to the puppet since they know it is not the Mother herself.

Yeah, yeah, it’s called an avatar — semantics.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig, just because it is expressively stated that the avatar is a manifestation, does not mean that is was not physical. There have been plenty of stories written throughout the course of history that use “physical manifestation” of things similar in concept to the Pale Tree. Entities that are too vast for the ‘mere mortal’ mind to comprehend, and as such need to manifest themselves into something more human-like.

The fact that the does text does state “small body” does imply that it is physical, not just a projected image.

You apparently didn’t read my full post. Because at the the first quote I used is the Avatar of the Tree stating that she is the Pale Tree’s SPIRIT.

A spirit is not physical, is it?

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

Konig, just because it is expressively stated that the avatar is a manifestation, does not mean that is was not physical.

You apparently didn’t read my full post. Because at the the first quote I used is the Avatar of the Tree stating that she is the Pale Tree’s SPIRIT.

GUYS! GUYS! CALM DOWN! I started a new thread that covers this subject. I also discovered an explanation for the problem. Please go to this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Changing-lore/first#post4376194

As for the warden’s actions, this is more of art problem. Anet doesn’t exactly have the animation folks from FF14. Maybe the artists didn’t have animated wardens available. It would be nice to see people attending the Tree instead of standing around.

(edited by kta.6502)

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Maybe the Pale Tree got bored with all that spirit manifestation business and cultivated an actual human-sized body into which she could project her consciousness as needed, and maybe during the dragon attack her tree body suffered so much damage she felt it would be prudent to stay in the human-sized body to escape from the worst of the pain, but maybe not all of it, which is why the body collapsed, and so on and so forth.

And maybe quaggans are really from Tyria’s moon’s aqueous hollow interior.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Srsly? Are they unable to tilt their heads down and realize that their Mother isn’t ‘sleeping’?

Thank you OP, that pic was the best thing I’ve seen all day

Giant red arrows saying KITTEN!!!! KITTEN!!!! will pop into my mind’s eye at every appropriate moment now lol

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It can be. She says she’s a manifestation. The spirit of the tree. None of this specifically denotes that the avatar is not itself physical. The physical embodiment of the spirit. It’s not any different than the Native American belief that the Manitou (great spirits) took physical shape to interact with the mortal world. Same general concept.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.