Teq event no longer has a point?

in Living World

Posted by: Nighthawk.4687

Nighthawk.4687

Anet I love this event, but when your server becomes too lazy to participate in it, it becomes impossible, 10 people cannot take down this boss. What is the point of putting in all that work if no one even does it anymore it seems like a huge waste. I propose you have the event scale to the number of players in the area so we can at least have a chance of using teamwork to down the boss, if this or some other solution doesn’t happen I fear that if the player base should start to drop even more events will become unplayable.

in Living World

Posted by: beelzebuck.3678

beelzebuck.3678

OP you should join up one of the TTS guilds. They formed specifically to organize coordinated Teq kills on overflow servers and have at least 6 guilds full of ppl fighting him at least 3 times a day. I only managed to beat Teq once on my home server but since joining TTS I’ve beat him 20+ times. You only need to rep them during the Teq fights too. I think you’ll find that nearly anyone who fights Teq is doing it with them now hence the main servers being empty

Menos Oitos/80 Guardian, Beelzebuck/80 Necro.
Abzu Bia/80 Warrior
[OCX] – SoR

in Living World

Posted by: Aidan.4602

Aidan.4602

That’s what ANet wanted, probably. Why all of the dragons should be killed by just staying there and spamming one skill? Lore-wise, gameplay-wise, mechanically-wise it’s a stupid concept.
Now, even from a RP standpoint, ‘champions of Tyria’ unite to destroy a dragon champion, who became stronger because of a currently unknown source (next Living Stories should explain that).
Two days ago I just logged in to my home server Desolation, when some of my [VILE] guildies said that they’re in Teq main and are willing to kill it. I’ve joined them, people were telling over chat to group up, take their positions and we managed to kill him with 4 minutes left. I don’t know if there was Teamspeak channel where everyone was, because when I tried to find it, I couldn’t. So it makes me question about people saying that: ‘Teq is useless now; I could at least kill him before the update; he’s a dust town; he demands tons of organisation to be killed’ etc. When I feel like I just want to participate, I go to Sparkfly Fen if someone announces he’s about to land, fight him, get my reward and feel epic for fighting him. Nothing bad here.
My opinion is that this fight is just right. He’s not meant to be killed 24/7, but if those ‘champions of Tyria’ wants to, why not then. From gameplay, RP, whatever else standpoint, I don’t see that it’s wrong. Also one may join high population servers and fight Tequatl as well.

Aidan Vilesight, a Charr engineer – Desolation

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Maybe they could have a quest or something where you can get your server together and permanently unlock the old, fun Tequatl (the one with the dreads). Then if you wanted to do the annoying Tequatl on your server, you’d have to do a meta-chain event that would be impossible without a RaidTeq-worthy crowd, so if you didn’t have critical mass it would always spawn fun Teq.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I have killed him around 30x (thanks to TTS), the problem is not killing him, the problem is taking time out of your day to stand around in a overflow so to get in w/your group to kill him.

You pretty much got to make yourself available to stand around for a minimum of one hour doing nothing prior to spawn, to kill him 30x+ for nothing but a few lousy exotic accessories or a rare underwater mask.

The drop % is horrid, maybe one ascended every 2kills…

JQ Druid

in Living World

Posted by: Bone Dragon.4617

Bone Dragon.4617

Anet I love this event, but when your server becomes too lazy to participate in it, it becomes impossible, 10 people cannot take down this boss. What is the point of putting in all that work if no one even does it anymore it seems like a huge waste. I propose you have the event scale to the number of players in the area so we can at least have a chance of using teamwork to down the boss, if this or some other solution doesn’t happen I fear that if the player base should start to drop even more events will become unplayable.

I agree, Anet is think and working so hard to please the zergs and masses that run through, get the goodies and move on. There is no way once attention has moved to go back and do those enjoyable creations. Especially if you are a small guild or not in one. Has GW2 become WOW? Is GW2 the new Starcraft? Anet had a great thing going during beta and release! Then Southsun came and it all went to crap zerg / one time events.

No longer are the casual players allowed to play when and how they can. Now you MUST conform to the grinding and zerging or you lose out.

| Dungeon Adventures & Blackstone Defenders |
| Blackgate | [DnD] & [SWAK] |

in Living World

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

This thread does an excellent job of showing how only 10 players on a server are enjoying this content and the rest are not even trying to do it.

Of course you can kill a dragon with only 4 others in Trehernes Personal Story though.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I have killed him around 30x (thanks to TTS), the problem is not killing him, the problem is taking time out of your day to stand around in a overflow so to get in w/your group to kill him.

I consider that “a problem with killing him.” If I can’t just watch the event tracker, see “There’s something in the water” pop up, log into a character in Sparkfly Fen, and stand a good chance of completing the event, then it’s just not working right.Anything that involves joining up with a specific guild, getting an invite to another server or overflow, or being in the zone before the event starts, that is a design fail.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

beelzebuck.3678

Have to agree with the poster about TTS fights taking alot of time to set up, that’s a bummer, but also indicative of the huge number of people still willing to participate. Their first overflow often fills within 5-10 minutes of opening but I’ve still had quite a few kills on secondary overflows. Still.. Even with that time spent hanging around in Sparkfly, it’s been a much more productive angle than the unorganized attempts over the first week of the patch. Not for everyone I understand but a really good option if you have a little time to spare to get an almos guaranteed kill

Abzu Bia/80 Warrior
[OCX] – SoR

in Living World

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Have to agree with the poster about TTS fights taking alot of time to set up, that’s a bummer, but also indicative of the huge number of people still willing to participate. Their first overflow often fills within 5-10 minutes of opening but I’ve still had quite a few kills on secondary overflows. Still.. Even with that time spent hanging around in Sparkfly, it’s been a much more productive angle than the unorganized attempts over the first week of the patch. Not for everyone I understand but a really good option if you have a little time to spare to get an almos guaranteed kill

I just want to pop in and say as far as I know this way is the best way (w/TTS), and yes plenty of times has it ran into anywhere from 3-6 OF. The problem is not TTS obviously, it’s showing up early enough to get into a TTS OF so as not to be in a OF w/a bunch of trolls or pugs creating a wipe (yes I have seen trolls take guns and fail this on purpose, or a bunch of pugs brilliantly going afk by south turret).

The problem is having to make time and stand around (depending on the day of the week) 1-2h prior to Tequatl spawn. That means a 10m fight, 2h waiting and prep.

Now I wouldn’t have a problem so much if the loot was worth it, but 99.9% of the time its a kick in the face.

The solution I would like to see is a token system added to the ascended drop, so even if the rng gods don’t favor you , you still can eventually buy a Tequatl ascended from a vendor. This would atleast give the carrot on a stick to bring players back.

JQ Druid

in Living World

beelzebuck.3678

Yeah the loot drops can be seriously up and down. In the 20+ kills I’ve had my best drop has been a Risen Hylek mini that I sold for 9g at the time… Took a friend of mine along once and she got a Sunless weapon box in her 1st fight chuckles.. But it’s still a fun fight and it breaks up the mindless gold farming with a chance, however small, at some unique loot

Abzu Bia/80 Warrior
[OCX] – SoR

in Living World

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I’ve been away for awhile and only came back today. Paid TQ a visit and the place was empty to my surprise. I understand he has been buffed considerably, but are his rewards just that bad compared to the effort putting in to killing him?

What’s the point of having guilds specifically to kill TQ now.. that is unless he does drop something specific.

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

His rewards are good enough and he does indeed drop some specific items, including ascended weapons with a unique skin.

The area is usually deserted because by design the encounter now requires a large force of players organizing to take him down and considerable prep-work. Since the dragon spawns randomly with little warning or pre-event it is pointless going there just because he pops up in the event timer. I think this is the remaining flaw in the encounter, it should be triggered with a chain of pre-events that are difficult enough that he really only spawns when there’s a force able to challenge him.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

so aweosme using a trampoline while fighthing a dragon to move arround….. quited 2 minutes later….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

After 20+ kills my best item was the breather.

That’s why I stopped, the rewards just aren’t worth it.

in Living World

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Anet I love this event, but when your server becomes too lazy to participate in it, it becomes impossible, 10 people cannot take down this boss. What is the point of putting in all that work if no one even does it anymore…
snip

Stopped reading right there.

I’ve successfully killed him dozens of times with the TTS guild. We do it every night, multiple times. It is a great source of karma and items to get luck essences from (and sometimes even exotic items). So “no one” is a bit of an exaggeration.

in Living World

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Anet I love this event, but when your server becomes too lazy to participate in it, it becomes impossible, 10 people cannot take down this boss. What is the point of putting in all that work if no one even does it anymore…
snip

Stopped reading right there.

I’ve successfully killed him dozens of times with the TTS guild. We do it every night, multiple times. It is a great source of karma and items to get luck essences from (and sometimes even exotic items). So “no one” is a bit of an exaggeration.

To be fair 4-5 full Teq guilds don’t compare to 3+million users.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Living World

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

That’s what ANet wanted, probably. Why all of the dragons should be killed by just staying there and spamming one skill? Lore-wise, gameplay-wise, mechanically-wise it’s a stupid concept.
Now, even from a RP standpoint, ‘champions of Tyria’ unite to destroy a dragon champion, who became stronger because of a currently unknown source (next Living Stories should explain that).
Two days ago I just logged in to my home server Desolation, when some of my [VILE] guildies said that they’re in Teq main and are willing to kill it. I’ve joined them, people were telling over chat to group up, take their positions and we managed to kill him with 4 minutes left. I don’t know if there was Teamspeak channel where everyone was, because when I tried to find it, I couldn’t. So it makes me question about people saying that: ‘Teq is useless now; I could at least kill him before the update; he’s a dust town; he demands tons of organisation to be killed’ etc. When I feel like I just want to participate, I go to Sparkfly Fen if someone announces he’s about to land, fight him, get my reward and feel epic for fighting him. Nothing bad here.
My opinion is that this fight is just right. He’s not meant to be killed 24/7, but if those ‘champions of Tyria’ wants to, why not then. From gameplay, RP, whatever else standpoint, I don’t see that it’s wrong. Also one may join high population servers and fight Tequatl as well.

Wow that’s a pretty good point considering all the RP aspects of the game

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Even being in a high-pop server isn’t a guarantee of a Teq kill anymore. Tarnished Coast is one of the most populated PvE servers, and while there’s usually still a crowd of people who show up after reset to kill him, the rest of the day he barely gathers any attention.

Joining a specific Teq killing guild is the best solution, but I do miss the kind of spontaneity that occurs with other World Bosses where if one pops, you can be sure that sufficient people will show up to give you a decent chance of beating it. I really do think that Teq needs some tweaking so that he can be beaten by smaller groups of, say, 10 – 20 people.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

To answer the topic: no. Unless you’re in that guild formed specifically to kill it or a server whose commanders can muster enough people and coordinate them well, there is no point in fighting Tequatl the Sunless. While it’s still being fought, the rewards are not worth the effort, especially when the good stuff is reliant on luck.