The Bard class

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Huyu Tanaka.2630

Huyu Tanaka.2630

I would love it if there was a bard class, i know the Mesmer kind of took this role but in a different manner. but still the typical musician that supports or hinders the enemy, as well as just playing song and interacting with the world. providing entertainment or support in combat. i know guild wars 2 makes it so that you can enjoy the profession you chose without worrying about your role in combat so broadening the classes is a must. like the warrior being more than just a hack and slash class. i would just like to see this class incorporated into this game that thrives off of “the living world” of the population and see what it can grow into. plus i just rely love bards

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Shaez.5762

Shaez.5762

You played AION am I right?

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Huyu Tanaka.2630

Huyu Tanaka.2630

sadly no, i have a mac so im limited

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Allyhoo.7608

Allyhoo.7608

This would probably get more traffic in the Suggestions Forum

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

GW1 had a “Paragon” who quite literally buffed his allies by shouting.

Guardian retains the role, but with melee instead of range, and less shouting.

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Bards are pretty interesting in some games. I’ve played FFXI, Aion (4.0), FFXIV (Beta ARR), and from the looks of what I’ve played or seen in in those games or in reading, a lot of people love this class. But sadly I think GW2 needs much more expansion onto the current classes and skills to make them less “dull”, and a tiny bit more complex.

The overly quoted “I swung a sword, oh look I swung a sword again.” even if out of context comes to mind. Because you have to continually spam an auto attack, which seems counter productive. Rather we should have autoattacks more flowing into our normal skills. Simply swinging an axe 5 different ways with no real interesting variation gets a bit bland.. Same with most class weapons/skills that I’ve seen.

So back to the bard, if they want to add new classes someday i really hope they can spiffy up the current ones and not push everyone to leave those. Because that is what happens in most MMO’s when a new class releases. All the core classes that are similar get left behind for the new shiny because it is much cooler. And even if the skills are exactly the same just named differently and delivered through different means, people will still feel like they have fresh gameplay. I think GW2 has much to do still in terms of core content before expansion content like this will be considered.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

The Bard class

in Living World

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

GW1 had a “Paragon” who quite literally buffed his allies by shouting.

For some reason this reminded me of this

(Start at 1:13 but have it be “I just shouted at him yesterday!”)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief