The Edge of The Mists

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

I’m really not surprised Scarlet is behind this, or whatever this is. I just hope its hope a good reason. I was really impressed how they handled scarlet’s story in this last patch. But I really hope this isn’t a thing Anet will due in the future. Bringing lore into all game changes just to say there is lore involved. We shall see.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

She is not “behind it”. She is invading the Mists (which we have known for quite some time that she were trying to do) and we need to stop her.

I for one love the fact that they actually give us a reason for a new map suddenly appearing rather than just logging in one day and all of a sudden there is a completely new land available.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

yay, masses of pve player in the wvw again. this will be a massacre

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Blazing Rathalos.1904

Blazing Rathalos.1904

For the occasional reader that doesn’t know what they’re talking about:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/coming-soon-the-edge-of-the-mists/

Then again, I’m not Arenanet, and everything in
the above post could be complete and utter nonsense.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Dott.5672

Dott.5672

There’s no good reason.
There has never been a good reason.

“Guild Wars 2 fans are big role-players, and
we love to give them the tools they need
to have big, important events!” Stop lying, ANet.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If you didn’t transfer to T1 before, now is your chance. Queues are no longer a disincentive to stack servers. They have a big problem with server stacking and low population servers and they are taking a massive step backwards with EotM.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: GodSaw.2675

GodSaw.2675

The Eotm are supposed to be some sort of wvw overflow?
So queue times shouldn’t be a problem then i guess?
I kind of like the idea of pve content in wvwvw.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

…Why are they putting PvE content in WvW?

Oh lord, I have a feeling this update is going to be the straw that broke the camels back.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

There’s no good reason.
There has never been a good reason.

Agreed. They really needed to put this idiot into WvW? I officially lost any grasp of how Anet thinks anymore. After all the negative feedback they say “Well, lets find more ways to jack this horrible character into more the permanent content!” It’s good to show contempt for your audience.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

So forcing more Scarlet content into where it does not belong. -sigh-

I can not wait till she is dead and gone, she is literally like some sort of disgusting infection constantly spreading. I am glad we only have a handful of updates left with her, I warn you Arena Net if she is in so much as one story after her story arc is meant to be closed I will -never- forgive you.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

How about, I don’t know, a dragon or one of their lieutenants invades the Mists? How about that?

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Everyone is going to complain about being in overflow.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

Sorry, but I genuinely don’t understand the point of this post or what you’re trying to discuss.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Dante.3780

Dante.3780

That voice in the trailer…. It’s Mursaat voice
edit: well, it might be Largos aswell ;<

(edited by Dante.3780)

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Sarathiel.6374

Sarathiel.6374

She is not “behind it”. She is invading the Mists (which we have known for quite some time that she were trying to do) and we need to stop her.

I for one love the fact that they actually give us a reason for a new map suddenly appearing rather than just logging in one day and all of a sudden there is a completely new land available.

What I mean to say is they could give us… non scarlet lore… for something that seems far from scarlet. I just don’t like how everything goes back to one person.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

What I mean to say is they could give us… non scarlet lore… for something that seems far from scarlet. I just don’t like how everything goes back to one person.

It’s called a living story. All updates revolve around the living story. Once this season ends, then you’ll get a short break and LS season 2 will begin. Once LS season 2 begins, then all the updates will involve that LS.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

So this is ANETs “it’ll shake Tyria to it’s very core” hope its not just addition of this map it will be huge disappointment for me

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Omega.6479

Omega.6479

Ya know, I’m not a huge fan of Scarlet as a character or the overall storyline, but to say that ANet is shoving her into places she doesn’t belong, in this instance, is just wrong. We’ve known, for quite some time, that she’s been trying to pierce the Mists and do something with them, as they pertain to the Eternal Alchemy. This is absolutely 100% within the realm of possibilities, considering Scarlet’s motivations. This isn’t some deus ex machina or completely out of the blue.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Nesiko Tomoe.2068

Nesiko Tomoe.2068

I’m just waiting for the “Flame” wars of fans of Guild vs Guild to bash and rant at Arenanet -waits with popcorn-

Something my husband said. “Oh, you’re going to force us to give you a PvP mode we don’t want to do so you’ll stop kittening and disrupting our other modes? Fine, then we’re adding Scarlet to it just to spite you. Enjoy <insert slang for female dog>.”

(edited by Nesiko Tomoe.2068)

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Ollaff.6128

Ollaff.6128

Have you guys thought of the possibility that the Edge of the Mists will be a pve realm for the time being and turn into a WvW location after the conflict with scarlet is resolved. Also even if they did make it WvW/PvE at the same time, how is this shoving scarlet where she doesn’t belong. If they make a new map and make it WvW/PvE thats an ADDITION they’re not shoving her into the normal WvW map. Like really all you guys on the forum do is complain.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: dreadicon.5840

dreadicon.5840

I actually have to agree; there is lore sense for this. So as much as I would like to say ‘this is out of the blue and ridiculous,’ I think this is probably the first time Scarlet’s invasion has made obvious, logical sense. That said, what makes sense isn’t always what is best for a game. I retain my doubts that WvW ever belonged in lore as anything more than “oh yeah, that thing. it exists. and stuff”. Lore for PvP is an excuse, and ultimately gets more or less ignored. This is the case in pretty much every game short of EVE Online (which has other ramifications like the Goon squad invasion of Hi-Sec). I reserve final judgement for when the patch is released, but shoving PvE players into PvP was, is, and will remain a bad idea. And for now, the living story is PvE, as that’s 70%+ of the players.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

I think there would be a better dramatic feel if they got a different female voice actor for their previews.

I think she’s the same one who does a lot of the female Charr and also the female hylek, and everything she says just seems strained. Maybe they can work with her a bit to help get her delivery across a little better.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

I just hope its hope a good reason. I was really impressed how they handled scarlet’s story in this last patch

There is no reason for her to be here and all this add is a crappy LS content that would have benefit without her involvement.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

I actually have to agree; there is lore sense for this. So as much as I would like to say ‘this is out of the blue and ridiculous,’ I think this is probably the first time Scarlet’s invasion has made obvious, logical sense. That said, what makes sense isn’t always what is best for a game. I retain my doubts that WvW ever belonged in lore as anything more than “oh yeah, that thing. it exists. and stuff”. Lore for PvP is an excuse, and ultimately gets more or less ignored. This is the case in pretty much every game short of EVE Online (which has other ramifications like the Goon squad invasion of Hi-Sec). I reserve final judgement for when the patch is released, but shoving PvE players into PvP was, is, and will remain a bad idea. And for now, the living story is PvE, as that’s 70%+ of the players.

I agree. Scarlet being in the mists here makes sense when you think about it. Where have all of these portals that she’s been using come from? We have not be able to find WHERE her main base of operations is at. The best hint we have gotten so far is, if you look at one of the portals that summons the twisted minions, you can vaguely see into that portal and see machinery of some kind on the other end of the portal.

We have had hints that she has been interested in the mists.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agent_Frovik

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

my question what part of the map is edge of mists located you can kinda make out 3 possible locations. i know it says connected to la but i don’t believe its that close to la.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I have to agree that it’s logical that Scarlet has been using the Mists as her main base of operations. Ever wondered HOW she managed to build all those airships and now her super-sized “UFO” and Marionette without anybody even knowing about it? She must have done so in a hidden pocket of the Mists.

I’m ambivalent about mixing PvE and WvW. I wasn’t a fan of how they shoehorned PvE achievements into WvW last time, but to be fair to ANet, they did at least get me into WvW, where I at least dabble a little now.

All the same, I can’t help but think WvW players will be cursing up a storm when they’re halfway through a big battle and SUDDENLY SCARLET INVASION!

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

I don’t see the problem. How does a little lore take away from the gameplay?

I can’t even believe that people are saying “They’re inserting a horrible character into awesome content just to spite us.”

Riiight…. That makes so much more sense than Scarlet traversing the Mists for whatever it is she’s lookinging for so she can turn the world inside out and change fate.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

Im just imagining scarlet arriving in the mists (wvw) only to be met with barrages of cannon, mortar, trebuchet, and ballista fire taking down multiple air ships while her forces are ultimately crushed under the enraged tide of legions of wvw players. Judgement will be swift as we purge this blight from our land

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

Why would Scarlet interrupt WvW???

There’s probably a PvE version of it.

And also “Now PvE players are joining WvW”, it’s not like there’s much difference between the two to begin with. And yes, I have played both.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

WvW players do have to come from somewhere, and from what I gather the Edge is sort of a middle ground queue lobby you can get into where it’s sort of even more blended between the two.

Prediction: Edge of the Mists opens, the only involvement with Scarlet are her forces taking over a few points of interest and come the end of Living World Season 1 when we set Scarlet on fire and soak the ashes in charr urine the followers hole up in the Edge of the Mists so people can still fight them after “missing them” so rewards don’t have to be phased out until much later.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Looking forward to showing some of my guild’s PvP-phobics the ropes of WvW

Last time this happened I managed to start more than a few guildies on their PvP career.

It might look scary, but once you get into the rush, you’re hooked

One – Piken Square

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

“Johanson described this release as the lightest of the four living world season finale chapters. The primary gameplay content for this chapter will take place in the Edge of the Mists map itself, as the Aetherblades try to claim it for their mistress. As for what Scarlet hopes to gain there, or what information players might discover for themselves, you’ll have to step in and find out!”
so no, that’s not her base. not yet…

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Cauthon.1780

Cauthon.1780

So forcing more Scarlet content into where it does not belong. -sigh-

I can not wait till she is dead and gone, she is literally like some sort of disgusting infection constantly spreading. I am glad we only have a handful of updates left with her, I warn you Arena Net if she is in so much as one story after her story arc is meant to be closed I will -never- forgive you.

Scarlett is like google +, nobody likes it still they force us to use it.

My biggest fear is that scarlett story happens to be nothing more than scarlett story, end of it.

Get out of the way kitten and show us once and for all where the dragons are.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Why does EotM have to be WVW? As of now we have no idea how large the Mists actually are. The only Mists areas we’ve seen are WVW, Fractals, and PVP, and all these realms combined are still a small portion of how large the world is. Even if it does happen to be a WVW invasion, that would put a VERY interesting dynamic into it. Do the different worlds work together to stave off the invasion before going back to killing each other? Or does one world take advantage of the chaos to strike. In this case it would definetly draw more people into WVW, even on overflows. Either way I am excited to see whats going to happen. Anyway, LOVED the Scarlett story and the lack of information about her, it keeps you guessing as to whats going on with her, and am looking forward to see waht ANET is going to bring us next.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Riiight…. That makes so much more sense than Scarlet traversing the Mists for whatever it is she’s lookinging for so she can turn the world inside out and change fate.

Ughh.. Again people using rationalization to say something is good. It doesn’t matter if there is a “reason” for them to do something. They could make a perfectly logical reason to have 800ft giant robots from Gundam come into GW2, why not? They said the mists connect to every time & every reality. Because it would still be stupid. Doesn’t matter if they can rationalize it. The fact that they over-use the mists so much already makes so much of past lore marginalized (not to mention the obvious twisting of the exclusivity of the mists & how ridiculous it is that we can just go in & out at will & how many problems that creates with.. well.. everything). TBH some stories that don’t have explanations are even better because the writer understands when & where to limit things. With Scarlet it’s more like an RP player that just wants their character to be the smartest, funnest, sassiest, strongest, bestest, tragicest, hip-crazy person EvAr! The more power they give her, the more idiotic she becomes. She would have made a decent side-kick to a zone villain. but this is just self-gratification.

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Shasha.2548

Shasha.2548

I cant stop dream about a WB spawn in the middle of a zerg vs zerg fight. Something who can kitten the 2zerg with one finger if we just all-in, like tequatl, but with Marionette design “Superior Siege Marionette MKII”

(edited by Shasha.2548)

The Edge of The Mists

in Living World

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

If you didn’t transfer to T1 before, now is your chance. Queues are no longer a disincentive to stack servers. They have a big problem with server stacking and low population servers and they are taking a massive step backwards with EotM.

No, you don’t have to hit the cap to be pushed on the overflow, you can enter the overflow map at any time.