The LS achievements should happen naturally

in Living World

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

The Living Story achievements should happen naturally as you play the game and not by following a guide. Just saying that following a guide or walk-through for each LS achievement kills the purpose of a story which is suppose to come as you progress through it.

This is why the whole temporarily content idea is bad…And an expansion or a big permanent content is more suitable for the current state of the game.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

(edited by Zylonite.5913)

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

So achievements aren’t something you should have to work hard enough to even consider using a guide for?

I mean, you get enough of them as it is just by playing the Living World story, but those hardly feel like they’re any sort of achievement except a comprehension check. It’s probably good that there are achievements that take enough effort that players might need direction to where some of them are.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have yet to follow a single guide or guild and I have every single achievement from the Living Stories completed.

They DO happen naturally, if you play all the content has to offer.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Yep, they should just appear in your achievement window the moment you log in. Yaaay!

Why do some of you spoiled, lazy people even play a game at all? It seems like even playing a kitten game is too much to ask of some of you guys, do you have a hard time even getting out of bed?

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

You do not need a guide. You use one because you want to.
When there is an achievement that I can’t figure out even after trying multiple times, I just ask around.
At the Aetherblades’ JP, I reached the top of the airship FOUR times before asking where the hell the chest was. I continued towards the top and fell for my death four times before asking around. It is a MMO, talk to people, ask for help. The guide is 100% optional when you actually give the LS a chance.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

The guide is 100% optional when you actually give the LS a chance.

Yeah, I love it when people grab a guide/spoiler before even trying the content, barrel through all the stuff, get a mesmer to port them up if there’s a JP, then leave and complain, “Man, that was only like 10 minutes of content.”

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The guide is 100% optional when you actually give the LS a chance.

Yeah, I love it when people grab a guide/spoiler before even trying the content, barrel through all the stuff, get a mesmer to port them up if there’s a JP, then leave and complain, “Man, that was only like 10 minutes of content.”

Or the “I read threads where people say it’s too hard or RNGed so I’m not going to try until ANet makes it easier”

in Living World

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

I used a guide to get all the baazar achivements,later I went on a full tour or labyrinthine cliffs,listened and talked to every NPC.Got all the achivs and didint miss any story.

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Explore the new zone and follow the story. Once that is done you can look at the achievements afterwards and finish any that look fun to do. Nobody is making you go into a new places with an eye on the achievement chart.

in Living World

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

LOL@these threads. I’m pretty sure there is no requirement to go to dulfy prior to logging into gw2. You choose to go there. If you did the content they would unlock naturally….smh

in Living World

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

LOL@these threads. I’m pretty sure there is no requirement to go to dulfy prior to logging into gw2. You choose to go there. If you did the content they would unlock naturally….smh

Yes because the game tells you very clearly what to do and where to go and explain the purpose of the story.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yes because the game tells you very clearly what to do and where to go and explain the purpose of the story.

Indeed it does.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Zenon.4328

Zenon.4328

Geez, if a mail that shows you exactly where to go to reach a new area or where new stuff is taking place is not enough, do you want them to just teleport your character automatically? How about instead of running around to find an event pop up, they should just automatically teleport your character from event to event.

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Or maybe the achievements could just be mailed to you when you log in, or heck, even without logging in. How nice it would be to come back after a break of 6 months in a game and see all the achievements, rare drops and bags of coins sitting in the mail just for you! Then you could happily log out for another 6 month break, rinse and repeat!

Oh man that would make an exciting game indeed!

One – Piken Square