The Labyrinthine Horror is unfair.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

In low populated overflows, this thing should either despawn after a time, or not spawn at all. Try to fight it? Die unless you have at least a mini zerg present. Try to run? Depending on the skills of your profession and which spot of the zone you’re in, you probably still die anyway, since most enemies has a cripple/immobilize/pull and will use it at the first opportunity.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It runs a very specific path around the Labyrinth (around the outside “main” path), and the event pops up pretty early on your map, so if you’re watching out for it you can usually get out of the way before it gets to you. Most places in the Lab have plenty of spots to run off the main area and “hide”.

Mind you, that’s before its aggro’d you. It is true that once its locked on to you its extremely difficult to get away, what with the Horror’s charge attacks, the perma-torment it puts on you, and as you mentioned the tendency of the mobs to pull / cripple / ect.

I’m kind of torn on whether I like it or not, honestly. Having to run and hide from some giant chainsaw-wielding terror is certainly very Halloween-like, so in that way its fitting. But purely from a gameplay perspective, forcing the player to disengage whatever they’re doing to run off the main path and hide in a corner does get a bit annoying.

in Living World

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

this mob can be duoed, labyrinth downscales very well.

keep him at range. use low cd condi clears. use lots of cripples/immobs/chills. he cant touch you if you do not melee.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Living World

Posted by: kesuh.3891

kesuh.3891

We beat him, 5 man against him.. It took 10 minutes, but it was fun 10 minutes He is easy.. you just have to time your dodge and look at his animations and attack pattern

[keen] Far Shiverpeaks Eu-server
Sorel→~Saga/Ranger~Shadow/Guardian~Balthazor/Warrior

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I nicknamed him Chainsaw Larry……

in Living World

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

If I am alone, I head to the center of the Labyrinth and take out mobs there until more people start to show up. It doesn’t come into the center.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

in Living World

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Just get yourself a zerg.. searching for people via the lfg tool works.

in Living World

Posted by: Mike Hawk.4835

Mike Hawk.4835

Grow a pair. Put your big girl panties on. Put your big boy pants on. Whatever…

Seriously. You can easily farm the lab to the tune of 6+ gold per hour and you complain about the one actually challenging encounter? Maybe spend some time to figure out how it attacks and adjust your toon and attack/defense accordingly. I can solo Horror with my engineer and it’s a long, fun battle.

Wow. Just wow.

Maguuma – [VEIN] – [CTB]

(edited by Mike Hawk.4835)

in Living World

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

i managed to get him below half soloing him befor other people showed up toke a bit but i like a challange its all in the cripple chills and immobs, and i throw on some regen skills so i my hot’s out do any of the conditions he puts on me.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I beat him with just two-three people! Yes you read that right! THREE PEOPLE!

Its all about ranging him and using blocks/invulnerabilities guardians and other professions have. Also dodging a lot and LOSing him helps.

Actually we did the whole map all bosses with just 3-6 people. And no we didn’t all have zerker gear.

This shows anything can be done with small groups and not with the meta gear. We also had a hell of a lot of fun!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

I killed him once on almost on my own in the hallway, I wanted to give up after awhile but was invested. It was just elixir gun, bomb kit, flamethrower, the right food, black lion buffs and lots and lots of dodges, only regret from the experience was I didn’t record the event as it wasn’t planned and the small group that showed up at around 10%. I still admit he sucks, especially when he shows up with the lich or high viscount.

in Living World

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

In low populated overflows, this thing should either despawn after a time, or not spawn at all. Try to fight it? Die unless you have at least a mini zerg present. Try to run? Depending on the skills of your profession and which spot of the zone you’re in, you probably still die anyway, since most enemies has a cripple/immobilize/pull and will use it at the first opportunity.

It can be frustrating esp. because of the spam cc done by the mobs in the area, which I always find pointless and annoying. Heading to the center is your best bet as others have

TBH if I’m in an underpopulated Labyrinth I just leave for another time. Spending 5x the amount of time to kill the same mobs in the name of a “challenge” (i.e. timesink) is not my idea of fun. Get a large group together and trash the place, now that’s fun.

And when you have a group/zerg, the Horror can be entertaining and having him show up with the Viscount adds a new level to the fight (wouldn’t know about the Lich because everyone I’ve see is avoiding that boring fight and doing ones that are more than stacking in a corner and just standing there)

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

in Living World

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

It can be frustrating esp. because of the spam cc done by the mobs in the area, which I always find pointless and annoying. Heading to the center is your best bet as others have

TBH if I’m in an underpopulated Labyrinth I just leave for another time. Spending 5x the amount of time to kill the same mobs in the name of a “challenge” (i.e. timesink) is not my idea of fun. Get a large group together and trash the place, now that’s fun.

And when you have a group/zerg, the Horror can be entertaining and having him show up with the Viscount adds a new level to the fight (wouldn’t know about the Lich because everyone I’ve see is avoiding that boring fight and doing ones that are more than stacking in a corner and just standing there)

I think fighting him at the lich is far more entertaining, though for entirely different reasons. I’ve seen him die almost instantly from the lich’s lifesteal and his adds’ retaliation.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The horror doesn’t bother me. Small parties can take him. The lich however….

in Living World

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The horror is easy which small group and take him as long as people don’t bring thier face to the chain saw. Usually dont fight where there are mummies around that thing is nasty with immobilize.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

10 people in under 3 mins is COMPLETELY possible, people just need to learn how to clear condis, since that is his only REAL source of DPS.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I nicknamed him Chainsaw Larry……

There was this dude who mispelled his name and became “Chainsaw wh*r*”. I feel sorry.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Living World

Posted by: Niteraven.1372

Niteraven.1372

Yeah I’d be happy to never see him again. However if you are alone keep to the back, when he chases you, you can usually jump off a cliff and respawn at start. Its boring as heck and a complete pita, but it works.

“When I was your age, progeny, we used 20 sided dice.. and we LIKED it!!!” ~~ Berddi