The Truth about Scarlet Briar

in Living World

Posted by: Voland.5862

Voland.5862

Scarlet Briar & Rule of Rose

Red Crayon Aristocrats = Aether-blades
Jennifer = Caithe

Jennifer is consistently said to be “dirty” or “filthy”.
The game takes place in an air craft which is very similar in structure and design to the aether-blade air craft.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

huh not sure what your talking about or where your going

in Living World

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Jennifer = Caithe

The game takes place in an air craft which is very similar in structure and design to the aether-blade air craft.

I very much doubt the Scarlet story involves a childhood lesbian romance, abused young girls, and the murder of several children over said lesbian romance going wrong.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Living World

Voland.5862

Jennifer = Caithe

I very much doubt the Scarlet story involves a childhood lesbian romance, abused young girls, and the murder of several children over said lesbian romance going wrong.

You obviously haven’t played through the new Twilight arbor path. Come to think of it you probably haven’t listened to the story mode of TA let alone seen the new path. The analogs are very explicit and obvious.

The voice and vocal mannerisms are almost exactly the same as well.

in Living World

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Jennifer = Caithe

You obviously haven’t played through the new Twilight arbor path. Come to think of it you probably haven’t listened to the story mode of TA let alone seen the new path. The analogs are very explicit and obvious.

I’ve played through half of it and I’ve also personally beat Rule of Rose as well as delved into all the subtle hinting and hidden meanings of the game.

I really sincerely doubt TA has anything to do with a very obscure horror game for Playstation 2. Are you suggesting the entire dungeon is merely Caithe reliving her childhood romance with Scarlet, being taken in by a mentally unbalanced man, misinterpeting abuse she personally saw as an unmarried “mermaid” and other highly symbolic things and surviving an airship crash? Scarlet wishes to kill Caithe because she loves her but Caithe instead loves a dog?

I’m not following your logic.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Living World

Voland.5862

Jennifer = Caithe

I’ve played through half of it and I’ve also personally beat Rule of Rose as well as delved into all the subtle hinting and hidden meanings of the game.

I really sincerely doubt TA has anything to do with a very obscure horror game for Playstation 2. Are you suggesting the entire dungeon is merely Caithe reliving her childhood romance with Scarlet, being taken in by a mentally unbalanced man, misinterpeting abuse she personally saw as an unmarried “mermaid” and other highly symbolic things and surviving an airship crash? Scarlet wishes to kill Caithe because she loves her but Caithe instead loves a dog?

I’m not following your logic.

No, all I am saying is SOME~ stuff is very obviously linked too or inspired by rule of rose.
I am not saying its a 1 to 1 comparison for the entire game.
I am only saying there is more than just a handful of concepts and plot devices that match up.

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

So…Scarlet did all the nonsensical stuff she did and went crazy because she was secretly attracted to Caithe but it wasn’t mutual? Eh?

I’m confused now.