The reason why Traherne hasn't been in the LS

in Living World

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

“This won’t end well.”

I wouldn’t want to hear that during my Jubilee either .-.

I ? Karkas.

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

or he’s a generally poorly received character, and ANet doesn’t want to shove him in our faces if we dislike him.

plus, i’d imagine writing lines for him would be a pain, given how many possible scenarios you can first meet him, and how many scenarios you can be related to him.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

|: I was trying to make a joke.

I ? Karkas.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

He got so busy researching stuff to talk about during missions that he forgot to water himself and wilted away.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

He got so busy researching stuff to talk about during missions that he forgot to water himself and wilted away.

Please let this be true!

in Living World

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

What if I told you Trahearne is Scarlet in “disguise”?

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Hopefully it’s because Anet realizes we all hate him.

Next: Logan.

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If you haven’t completed the personal story you shouldn’t see Trahearne walking into the middle of the living story as Pact Commander. That’s why Trahearne isn’t in the living story and probably never will be.

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i like logan

he gets undeserved hate for the episode at the crystal desert. being caught between the cross and the sword, and people acting like he wanted to be an kitten . or that the queen was petty.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Because people who hate logan are mostly from rytlock’s edgy fancub warband in disguise.

I also don’t understand why people hate trahearne.
He’s like ten times better than any character living story has thrown at us.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Because people who hate logan are mostly from rytlock’s edgy fancub warband in disguise.

I don’t think he’s ten times better than the duo of Rox/Braham. Seriously, those two are fun to work alongside, and it doesn’t feel their AI is useless.

Also, Ellen Kiel would revive me in the Aetherblade Retreat, which Trahearne never did. So he’s got a while to catch up to her.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Winds.3087

I don’t think he’s ten times better than the duo of Rox/Braham. Seriously, those two are fun to work alongside, and it doesn’t feel their AI is useless.

Also, Ellen Kiel would revive me in the Aetherblade Retreat, which Trahearne never did. So he’s got a while to catch up to her.

In-game mechanics. I was talking about their backstory(which in case of braham is one sue in the box).
I bet trahearne ai was done when those fancy rez tricks weren’t around or at least perfected. Why didn’t they implement that for all npc, that’s another story.

in Living World

Posted by: Kebtiz.8370

Kebtiz.8370

I want Zojah to meet with a debilitating accident first, then we can talk about Logan.

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Trahearne revived me multiple times during my elementalist’s Personal Story. The thing is, he can only revive us if he is alive, so…
He was actually a good character before Claw Island. I mean, in the Sylvari Person Story.

Anyway, I want to know what is going on with him. He is boring and uninspiring, and the voice acting just made everything worse, that’s true. However, he is also the leader of the Pact (unfortunately), and it simply does not make sense for him to simply disappear like this. I mean, a Secondborn was being hunt like an animal while throwing karka at the Consortium and Trahearne said nothing about that. The human queen is celebrating human’s resilience and he didn’t show up for the party. A bunch of pirates + Inquest stole some of the Pact’s ships, we destroyed one of them, Magnus gave another one of them to Kiel instead of giving it back to the pact and Trahearne remained silent!
It just makes no sense. What is going on with Trahearne and the Pact?

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

In-game mechanics. I was talking about their backstory(which in case of braham is one sue in the box).
I bet trahearne ai was done when those fancy rez tricks weren’t around or at least perfected. Why didn’t they implement that for all npc, that’s another story.

Braham? A ‘sue’? Oh I gotta hear this one . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Actually he does, just afaik only in one instance, when you fight Eye of Z. in the Pale Tree Vision or whatever that thing is.

I think they retroactively added NPC reviving to few other instances as well… but could be mistaken but I do vaguely recall reading something to that effect in some of the patch notes. But yeah, as far as at launch goes, barely any NPC’s did it, while any combat was ongoing (the one instance above is the only exception I know of), in some steps they will revive out of combat but that of course is useless in most instances.

(edited by Crise.9401)

in Living World

Winds.3087

Eirsson that doesn’t even look like Eir?

in Living World

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

He took after his father…yea that’s a first time it ever happend!

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I’m more surprised that Eir has a son and double surprised that he looks like that. :P

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m more surprised that Eir has a son and double surprised that he looks like that. :P

Eirsson means he’s Eir’s son. That’s all, and we covered this WAY long ago; as told to us and implied, norn culture is set up so you are expected to make your own glory rather than ride that of your parents. Which is what Braham is attempting to do, taking the opportunities he does.

It doesn’t hurt he pretty much goes to the Crown Pavilion since Rox (a friend and comrade) asked him to come along. He stayed because it was a great fight The boy is also less useful in a fight except in a support role. (Rox does more, and she’s a ranger . . . a ranger outperforming a guardian.)

in Living World

Posted by: Anek Su.7319

Anek Su.7319

I wonder
what if real success with guild wars
guild wars without guild hall LOL
events so pathetic and so poorly explained
for every little thing you have to go look on the internet looking for resolutions
beginning can also be interesting, but after days and emsi game gets boring
as dragon and event timers in general
Anet but could not put timer in the game
where LFG players attending very little dungeon in general and to find new group you have to get out of the play and go to the third party sites to find group
That’s ridiculous stupid and pathetic

events are another example of living story
with his time and often with ridiculous explanations almost non-existent
and with each new piece of living story divneta getting worse
and time required to finish certain things are ridiculous
one also has real life can not spend hours and hours waiting for a right trriger
are veteran guild war guild wars 2 but I am not the most well coem to start
and my game in gw2 if reducer to finish daily
I do it as soon as I go out of the game
I tried to follow but last living story bored me
I really thank to Dulfy without his help often people would not know what to do
I am inclined to abandon GW2 around after a year of playing
I played guild wars for more than 8 years
but gw2 slo has the same name
I know if anet behind the sentences is not the same game LOL
but no one is claiming the same game but followed
GW2 is not following gw 10 reasons why I could write but now I do not care more
I honestly do not even know why I should write much more
GW2 and light years away from his previous
I know that many of my friends
and all veterans of Guild Wars
do not play more
my list of friends and full of players who for months do not enter more
so they are not only who thinks that something is wrong
But Anet dont care for this

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

^Is this a poem?

Eirsson means he’s Eir’s son. That’s all, and we covered this WAY long ago; as told to us and implied, norn culture is set up so you are expected to make your own glory rather than ride that of your parents. Which is what Braham is attempting to do, taking the opportunities he does.

It doesn’t hurt he pretty much goes to the Crown Pavilion since Rox (a friend and comrade) asked him to come along. He stayed because it was a great fight The boy is also less useful in a fight except in a support role. (Rox does more, and she’s a ranger . . . a ranger outperforming a guardian.)

I understand that he wants to make his own glory, but I would like to see him getting closer to his mother. I don’t know, I feel sorry for Eir because she is always so sad…
Even though the glory of a norn’s family member says nothing about themselves in their society, they still like to brag (a lot). I would like to see Eir bragging about her son’s battles.

Also, I’m a ranger and I’m offended :C (but I know that we are kinda bad right now)
Braham is still a better guardian than Logan IMO.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Sir Vincent III.1286

The surprise was there were no indication, whether in book or lore, that Eir had a son until he popped out of nowhere.

And I know what “Eirsson” means; and possibly there’s also an “Eirsdottir” somewhere too that will suddenly popped out of nowhere…Eir’s a follower of the wolf after all.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The surprise was there were no indication, whether in book or lore, that Eir had a son until he popped out of nowhere.

And I know what “Eirsson” means; and possibly there’s also an “Eirsdottir” somewhere too that will suddenly popped out of nowhere…Eir’s a follower of the wolf after all.

What does follower of wolf have to do with anything? :P

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I don’t hate Logan. He has a very sexy hair. :p

While I don’t have much respect for the living story, I completely disagree here. Braham may be an emo, but the Rox/Braham team is fun to play with. not to mention useful when it come to mob clearing and reviving. Trahearne wasn’t just a poor 2-dimensional leader, he was also a bad fighter.
And look at Ellen Kiel. She’s been through a lot for her city. Did she moan like leafy boy here? Nope.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Winds.3087

While I don’t have much respect for the living story, I completely disagree here. Braham may be an emo, but the Rox/Braham team is fun to play with. not to mention useful when it come to mob clearing and reviving. Trahearne wasn’t just a poor 2-dimensional leader, he was also a bad fighter.
And look at Ellen Kiel. She’s been through a lot for her city. Did she moan like leafy boy here? Nope.

First of all, it’s about your own definition of “fun”, which may or may not apply to other people.
Second and here we go again – you can’t use in-game mechanics to judge character, because obviously it’s in dev hands. I recall Trahearne summoning hell of a ton of flesh golems which were actually useful.
Third, we couldn’t elect ourselves or any order’s master or any casual bystander for obvious reasons: either someone whom they all trust and don’t put one order above others, either this little pact nonsense will fall apart quickly.
So who’s left?
All that happens next just shows how hard he tries not to disappoint all those who followed him. Bet he didn’t even wanted to be leader.
The one and only problem of personal story I see is writer’s almost fanatical obsession with easy asuran “it’s magic\technobabble I aint explain anything” way of unfolding events. It’s true with living story too. Most of them, if not all(even bazaar – no asurans around, yet it’s magic) feature such lazy writing.

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

He didn’t want all that attention anyway. He was a studious, quiet person, who was forced into leadership due to circumstances. He is not some charismatic, egotistical, look at me type that people seem to prefer. Now that he can go back to his research, he breathed a sigh of relief and disappeared. I don’t blame him, people are so rude to him and talk badly about him at every turn.

;)

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Living World

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

“This won’t end well.”

I wouldn’t want to hear that during my Jubilee either .-.

Lol, I want to hear it more actually. (seriously as you said its a joke, but it will LOL).

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Haha. I hope so. I can’t stand Logan. He does nothing but whine and cry all the time. A terrible character overall.

in Living World

Winds.3087

Haha. I hope so. I can’t stand Logan. He does nothing but whine and cry all the time. A terrible character overall.

I can’t stand entire destiny’s edge. They do nothing but whine and cry all the time. Terrible guild overall.
The only good member of that whiny bunch of girls is eir’s wolf, because he’s just doing his wolf job.
Silently.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I can’t stand entire destiny’s edge. They do nothing but whine and cry all the time. Terrible guild overall.

I’ll note there are guilds which I’ve been in which were pretty much exactly this bad. (Not Guild Wars guilds, they’ve generally been better behaved. Weird.)

Though I’m in half agreement. I can’t stand Zojja’s attitude, Caithe and Eir didn’t grab me, and I like Rytlock and Logan more due to them seeming more involved in their race’s work.

. . . I may also like Logan due to having “known” his great, great, great, great, great grandparents.

in Living World

Sir Vincent III.1286

. . . I may also like Logan due to having “known” his great, great, great, great, great grandparents.

You forgot “not so great” :P

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You forgot “not so great” :P

No, no, I rather liked Gwen and Keiran.

I also acknowledge not everyone liked Gwen, and wanted her strung up by a noose halfway through the War in Kryta.