Unable to Enter Resealing the Bloody Prince

in Living World

Posted by: Reize.2176

Reize.2176

I finished Confinement already and wanted to do Resealing the Bloody Prince.

But the game tells me “Content is Temporarily Disabled”. I already have the Candy Corn Mini from last year.

What now?

in Living World

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Same boat here.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

There seems to be a bug where the Candy Corn Elemental from last year is not counting as a requirement to enter the final instance, but I haven’t verified this myself. I’d report it as a bug and wait for a hotfix.

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I was able to enter three times before this happened with my candy corn elemental from last year.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

my guess is you still need the meta achievement – try that

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

From what I’ve heard, there was some kind of exploit regarding the loot from the instance so they disabled it until they can put out a fix patch.

in Living World

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

By whay I have heard some people were exploiting the dungeon doing the instance multiple times, getting a huge amount of cobs. They probably closed to stop people to mess up even more with the economy. I recommend report everyone that you know that was doing that exploit. I hope the exploiter get a perma ban like what happened in the snow flakes incident last winters day.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Living World

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

But was it an exploit? Or was it just meant to be a normal repeatable instance? First time I’ve done Halloween, and the same for a lot of other people. Who knows?

[OP] Optimise

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You ARE meant to be able to repeat the instance. However, it seems that a goof is causing the first-time reward for beating the Bloody Prince every single time. Some people have been quick to exploit this to get lots and lots of Cobs, so the entire instance has been locked down to stop it until they can patch it.

in Living World

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

Sooo.. ANET was “developing” the game for 2 months already + didn’t gave us any patches. Then, when something minor like this comes out, it doesn’t work . Content is disabled.

They introduced content, released it but disabled its story. Seems legit to me.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in Living World

Posted by: Punjabi Decerodus.5936

Punjabi Decerodus.5936

I had problem too. Immediately figured there was some sort of bug. When the bug was found it was probably during off hours when most of the people who could fix the thing were at home with their families.

It is probably a one liner fix something like [boolean repeatReward = true/false;] got left on true for testing or who knows why and made it to the final release. However, instead of having people exploit this all night they just disable it until they get in and fix the bug.

in Living World

TokyoGhost.6492

I had problem too. Immediately figured there was some sort of bug. When the bug was found it was probably during off hours when most of the people who could fix the thing were at home with their families.

It is probably a one liner fix something like [boolean repeatReward = true/false;] got left on true for testing or who knows why and made it to the final release. However, instead of having people exploit this all night they just disable it until they get in and fix the bug.

This is no excuse for content “glitch”. One line of code is easy to fix, and its quite some time now at Anet. I have no idea what they are doing right now….

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Sigh. Figures.

They won’t fix things that actually need fixing, but instead choose to break the Currency Exchange, which worked just fine before, and then disable the story instance—just because people could repeat it for the same rewards, not because it was actually broken in a really bad way.

Seriously? Funny how the detrimental bugs can wait until we point them out enough, but something unintended that’s beneficial? Nope, all over that on release day in a matter of hours. Can’t have people gathering easy Corn Cobs, after all.

in Living World

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

In my opinion gaining 6g every 2 mins is somthing that should be fixed.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

in Living World

TokyoGhost.6492

Okay ANET, its enough. Its not even funny anymore. Fix it already, I took day off to play this patch and you keep draggin’ around.

By doing this every single time, you seriously refrain people from playing this game. Its a fact.

in Living World

Posted by: raptor.1064

raptor.1064

In my opinion gaining 6g every 2 mins is somthing that should be fixed.

They would soon be worth nothing if everyone could do it as much as they wanted.

Now imagine a holiday event where you could actually get all the holiday rewards without an insane amount of gold or grinding. Not with Anet!

in Living World

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

If the poster above (Yumiko Ishida) already did it 3 times, you can bet the exploit was widely-farmed. Glad it’s locked now.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

If the poster above (Yumiko Ishida) already did it 3 times, you can bet the exploit was widely-farmed. Glad it’s locked now.

Yet I did three time to only get the intended stuff by the devs (the two runs needed for the achieve, and get the 1 minute kill one)… I did falsely think the mass amount of items form the chest each run was intended… so I planned to go a fourth time but it as locked up and it dawned on me: yep its being exploited.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

I finished the meta achievement and immediately got the IG mail telling me to meet the NPC in the Black Citadel.

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Awww come on man. How are we supposed to finish !

Are you Shpongled?