When will Season 2 start?

in Living World

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

Q:

ArenaNet stated that it would take a break after the release of the last patch of season 1 in this break they will release their balance patch.

I think it is good they take a break but I am wondering how long this break will be. They have marketed this game as having bi-weekly updates however over the last three months they will/have break/broken this promise twice. The first time was with wintersday, which I think personnally is understandable even ArenaNet is allowed to have a nice Christmas. The second time will be with the end of The Battle for Lion’s Arch.

Personnally I hope it is not more then 6 weeks like with winterday I liked this timespan (apart from still having "christmas by the end of January).

in Living World

Posted by: Pjwned.3601

Pjwned.3601

I would prefer they put it on indefinite hiatus and fix the dozens of fundamental problems like poor game optimization, bad dungeons, dead zones everywhere, bad events, needless grind instead of actual endgame content, a severe lack of skills for every class, extremely lacking PvP, atrociously awful story, horrible class balance, broken events & numerous bugs everywhere…

I could go on, the game needs fixing but I doubt ANet will listen because they sure as hell haven’t for some time now, instead choosing to pump out more living story content that’s almost universally reviled despite a huge number of complaints posted on these forums the whole time.

(edited by Pjwned.3601)

in Living World

Posted by: Exodius.3087

Exodius.3087

I would prefer they put it on indefinite hiatus and fix the dozens of fundamental problems like poor game optimization, bad dungeons, dead zones everywhere, bad events, needless grind instead of actual content, a severe lack of skills for every class, extremely lacking PvP, atrociously awful story, horrible class balance, broken events & numerous bugs everywhere…

I could go on, the game needs fixing but I doubt ANet will listen because they sure as hell haven’t for some time now, instead choosing to pump out more living story content that’s almost universally reviled despite a huge number of complaints posted on these forums the whole time.

Sounds like you should stop playing this game.

in Living World

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I’ve been wondering if we will get an update on the 18th. I assumed so, but there has been no preview/announcement on the website.

Supposedly we are going to see a Features update, but I haven’t seen a date for it. Could be the 18th, but I’m beginning to wonder now.

There was also mention of an “Epilogue” update to wrap up Season 1 of Living Story. Not sure if that will be included with the Features update.

And no, Living Story is not “almost universally reviled”. Many of us like it a lot. It’s just that people like to complain more than they like to praise. There are a lot of fixes, changes, and additions I’d like to see, but LS is not standing in the way of those things.

in Living World

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I’ve been wondering if we will get an update on the 18th. I assumed so, but there has been no preview/announcement on the website.

Supposedly we are going to see a Features update, but I haven’t seen a date for it. Could be the 18th, but I’m beginning to wonder now.

There was also mention of an “Epilogue” update to wrap up Season 1 of Living Story. Not sure if that will be included with the Features update.

And no, Living Story is not “almost universally reviled”. Many of us like it a lot. It’s just that people like to complain more than they like to praise. There are a lot of fixes, changes, and additions I’d like to see, but LS is not standing in the way of those things.

The epilogue will be story wise, propably some story events in The Dead End and some other places plus I think Lion’s Arch will be reopend.
The Feature update(the removall of critical damage etc) is planned for after the end of the season to be released April or even May.

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

The feature update will either land on the 18th, or not till after WvW season 2.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The feature update will either land on the 18th, or not till after WvW season 2.

It will not drop on the 18th, they have made this clear multiple times.

There is also nothing that would stop them from adding it during WvW Tournament.

And at this time it looks much more likely that it will drop around April 15th than May/June.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

They’re not going to change how pve/wvw changes in the middle of season 2. That’s just crazy.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That does of course depend on how much of it will actually change for WvW.
Another thing to keep in mind was the fact that people weren’t really that happy about having no changes during the first season of WvW.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

They’re not going to change how pve/wvw changes in the middle of season 2. That’s just crazy.

Like that’s going to stop them.

Bring on the fixes as soon as they’re ready!

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

I would prefer they put it on indefinite hiatus and fix the dozens of fundamental problems like poor game optimization, bad dungeons, dead zones everywhere, bad events, needless grind instead of actual endgame content, a severe lack of skills for every class, extremely lacking PvP, atrociously awful story, horrible class balance, broken events & numerous bugs everywhere…

amen, agree with everything you said. they just keep pumping out the backpiece story that doesn’t even work on the first day because of how many bugs there are…

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think it would make sence for them to bring out session 2 after WvW session 2. It would just make sence. Feature update will drop when it’s ready. Not before.

They have said there will be an epilogue update on the 18th.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|