Which alliances do you want to see?

in Living World

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

As all keen Scarlet observers (hunters?) have observed, she is working her way across Tyria, pairing up each and every faction.

So the question is, which alliances are you most looking forward to?

An alliance that makes a lot of sense is Jotun and Minotaurs, because they are both muscly. The Shiverpeaks are my favourite zones, I would love to see them totally transformed by Scarlet.

Personally I would like to see the Skritt and Centaurs paired up, as the Skritt could ride Centaurs into battle. Imagine seeing Stonemist Castle and all of World vs World being attacked by waves of them!

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

i want to see the Hylek and Quaggan team up.

Not only would they make an epic team. But then we could run at them while wearing our Quaggan backpacks!

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Draugl.8079

Draugl.8079

I think she should pair skritt and elder dragons, the skrit could ride in thousands on one of them and invade everywhere they would land, the invasions could be replaced by that^^

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The minotaurs are no more than mindless beasts. The Jotun however are sentient creatures. That alliance makes no sense but neither did the krait and the nightmare court, or the dredge and the flame legion.

in Living World

Posted by: jemeer.3785

jemeer.3785

among the known enemies, the centaur is missing any alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

snowman and skrit alliance

in Living World

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

That alliance makes no sense but neither did the krait and the nightmare court, or the dredge and the flame legion.

!!!!SPOILER WARNING !!!!
FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOT TALKED TO THE NPC’S INVOLVED. DID NOT PLAY THE GAME AT THE TIME OR OTHERWISE. BELOW IS HEAVY SPOILERS THAT EXPLAIN WHY SCARLET CREATED THESE TWO ALLIANCES, SUMMERISED FROM INGAME CONVERSATIONS.

They make perfect sense if you do a little research. Scarlet persuaded the dredge and FL to ally as it would be mutually beneficial to them do to the fact that dredge have no magic and FL have no tech. Despite this you find out the alliance is very tenuous do to the fact that the two sides don’t see eye to eye culturally and politically. What Scarlet got out of the alliance was the molten alliance created a new metal alloy that she “aquired”. The Toxic Alliance is a very similar situation were the two sides have come together as it is mutually beneficial even if there not buddy-buddy. Scarlets ulterior motive for this was to do with the results of her experiments at the top of the tower of nightmare’s.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Living World

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

The minotaurs are no more than mindless beasts. The Jotun however are sentient creatures. That alliance makes no sense but neither did the krait and the nightmare court, or the dredge and the flame legion.

Maybe the Jotun will enslave the Minotaurs. Or maybe Scarlet will give the Minotaurs intelligence if they agree to work with the Jotun. They are very strong, so they could build lots of towers all over the world.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in Living World

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Maybe the Jotun will enslave the Minotaurs. Or maybe Scarlet will give the Minotaurs intelligence if they agree to work with the Jotun. They are very strong, so they could build lots of towers all over the world.

Or lots of Thumpers… Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

That alliance makes no sense but neither did the krait and the nightmare court, or the dredge and the flame legion.

!!!!SPOILER WARNING !!!!
FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE NOT TALKED TO THE NPC’S INVOLVED. DID NOT PLAY THE GAME AT THE TIME OR OTHERWISE. BELOW IS HEAVY SPOILERS THAT EXPLAIN WHY SCARLET CREATED THESE TWO ALLIANCES, SUMMERISED FROM INGAME CONVERSATIONS.

They make perfect sense if you do a little research. Scarlet persuaded the dredge and FL to ally as it would be mutually beneficial to them do to the fact that dredge have no magic and FL have no tech. Despite this you find out the alliance is very tenuous do to the fact that the two sides don’t see eye to eye culturally and politically. What Scarlet got out of the alliance was the molten alliance created a new metal alloy that she “aquired”.

Oh really? Your the first person to say this – What was the name of this alloy, where did you find this information?

in Living World

Singer.8740

!!!!SPOILER WARNING !!!!

They make perfect sense if you do a little research. Scarlet persuaded the dredge and FL to ally as it would be mutually beneficial to them do to the fact that dredge have no magic and FL have no tech. Despite this you find out the alliance is very tenuous do to the fact that the two sides don’t see eye to eye culturally and politically. What Scarlet got out of the alliance was the molten alliance created a new metal alloy that she “aquired”.

Oh really? Your the first person to say this – What was the name of this alloy, where did you find this information?

The Information regarding all of the above could be found by talking to various NPC’s through out F&M. You could also talk to the Molten alliance prisoner’s during the below event to find out the tenuous nature of there alliance as well as the first whisperings of Scarlet.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rox:_Avenger_of_the_Dispossessed

The Alloy never received a name. It is simply mentioned at various points that it is what the Molten alliance make all there hybrid weaponry out of and also that the mysterious stranger from the city (Scarlet) has it also. Most of this info can be found in the world or on the wiki if you simply look for it.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

!!!!SPOILER WARNING !!!!

The Information regarding all of the above could be found by talking to various NPC’s through out F&M. You could also talk to the Molten alliance prisoner’s during the below event to find out the tenuous nature of there alliance as well as the first whisperings of Scarlet.

The Alloy never received a name. It is simply mentioned at various points that it is what the Molten alliance make all there hybrid weaponry out of and also that the mysterious stranger from the city (Scarlet) has it also. Most of this info can be found in the world or on the wiki if you simply look for it.

That that was so long ago, with zero followups, I suspect Anet just forgot about that plot point.

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

Based on a piece of concept art I imagine she may attempt to pair up Centaurs and Sons of Svanir:

http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2009/10/09/gw2w31680x1050_centaursY55L68JK38.jpg

It could just be me but these guys look like Icebrood Centaurs.

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Based on a piece of concept art I imagine she may attempt to pair up Centaurs and Sons of Svanir:

http://images.mmosite.com/photo/2009/10/09/gw2w31680x1050_centaursY55L68JK38.jpg

lol oh god plz no… this is becoming a bad joke.

in Living World

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Dragons & Scarlet team up

R.I.P Kumu <3

in Living World

Singer.8740

!!!!SPOILER WARNING !!!!

That that was so long ago, with zero followups, I suspect Anet just forgot about that plot point.

well people were assuming that there was no point to the molten alliance. I simply corrected the assumption. Scarlet also got what she wanted out of it and moved on and we broke there offensive so no follow-up is needed.

in Living World

Singer.8740

Those are indeed Icebrood Centaur. I think its mostly due to the dragons simply corrupting everything within there domain however and has nothing to do with Scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

That could easily just be dragon corrupted centaurs.

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

scarlet and the inquest. Scarlet and the corrupted. Scarlet and the kodan.

It matters not, the writers of this horrid living story can never be taken serious after the previous ones.

in Living World

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

The Good and the Living Story factions would make a great team, but they rarely seem to want to work together.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I got it guys…she’s going to travel through time and come back with a Luxon/Kurzick alliance to fight us. It fits the trend of escalating ridiculousness.