Will AN delay S2 because of Chinese version?

in Living World

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

Hello!
I’m just curious…
Will ANet delay season 2 because of Chinese version?
If they’re not going to synchronized NA/EU and China, every episode in Chinese Living Story will be spoiled.
If they’re going to put version after season 1, why the hell they showed in trailer LA before destruction and didn’t mention anything about Mordemoth and what Scarlet did?
But if they’re going to delay it… hey, it’s one year of waiting for season 2!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

They are being syncronized.
But delaying it would suggest they actually had plans to release it before the game was released in China, which is most likely not the case.

China will start the game after the destruction of Lion’s Arch, and will be at the same place as we are right now. Future releases will be released with just a couple of hours difference (think I read something about 16 somewhere).

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

So they’re going to have personal story in the ruins of LA with those creepy kids and Destiny’s Edge party?
Kind of… sad?

But thank you for your post. I want Bloodstone and White Mantle so much and delay because of Chinese version would be so lame.

(edited by kristof.7182)

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

It is possible that they have fixed that, they have a different structure on the Personal Story at least.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

How much delay is there between seasons in television shows?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

The entire world will have to be the same for everyone, so a destroyed LA is a must.
What I think they will do is make some sort of popup guy for them to quickly get the story and the important cutscenes (maybe enable the temporary dungeons for a period of 2 weeks) but that’ll be all. They intented to start Season 2 China and West at the same time.

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Im sure anet hasnt completely forgotten about the players that are still here while they mad dash to china’s release, i mean thats alot of $$ they’re about to get but ive noticed anet isnt like ea usually is and actually has a heart for their community (which is the main reason i continue to play gw2 cant say anet has ever screwed me over thus far, they are one of the top teams ive ever played with im sure they’ll throw us some kind of bone while we wait on their next big move

in Living World

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Arena net does not have enough people to handle china and europe and america in the same time. Nc soft does not want to invest in guild wars 2 . We need to ask NC soft to invest more money so they can buy new studio for game development.

in Living World

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

Well Anet is searching for people. Programmers etc. So what are you all waiting for?

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Arena net does not have enough people to handle china and europe and america in the same time. Nc soft does not want to invest in guild wars 2 . We need to ask NC soft to invest more money so they can buy new studio for game development.

The games are not that different so they don’t need to have two separate studios.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Nah studios going to get alot bigger hopefully, this huge surge in the market will hopefully make anet set for a long life with gw2… They’ll have room with their budget and things could actually get really fun within the next year, i can understand how much of a chip off of their shoulders the new budget limit will be, its a free game i can see the never ending stress they go through just trying to make it month to month off of fuzzy hats and armor skins, im really really happy for anet it means that they get to do what we all love to do, play this awesome game, thanks for all the guys at anet for what you do, no one really puts to thought what your going through without the reassurance from the cash flow of $15 a month per player that subscription mmos use tp stay afloat. you guys really do have it harder than WoW ever could you face elder scrolls online while they fall back on sub fees every month never gonna be able to do what gw has done without the subs as a crutch, you guys are truly the best, and you’ll have me and what money i can afford to give you for as long as ur mmos are around

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well since ANet is sitting on the entire S1 Living World, I doubt that us in the none Chinese regions can wait until China has experienced the entire S1 (which took us over a year), unless they rush it out in China. I’m actually hoping that they don’t sync them up, otherwise either we wait a long time for new content or China loses a large chunk of Living World. Unless they make S1 permanent in both regions… wink wink or at the very least allow us to reply it in some manner.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Well since ANet is sitting on the entire S1 Living World, I doubt that us in the none Chinese regions can wait until China has experienced the entire S1 (which took us over a year), unless they rush it out in China. I’m actually hoping that they don’t sync them up, otherwise either we wait a long time for new content or China loses a large chunk of Living World. Unless they make S1 permanent in both regions… wink wink or at the very least allow us to reply it in some manner.

Unless something have changed the Chinese version won’t have S1, they will start the game at the current point, which means a destroyed LA.
And thus they are syncing them up by making them start at our current point.

Think about it like how we never saw the creation of the Dragonbrand or the Foefire. It is a part of the history of the world, but we as players never experienced it directly.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

I really feel that there should be somewhat of a “Never Ending Story” mechanic to the Living Story. In some Asuran library, you can pick up a mechanical book that ports you into a VR room where you can relive the story, get some loot, etc, all for the purpose of replay value. It wouldn’t effect ANet’s ability to tell a progressing story that changed the landscape, and it would definitely help people have a better understanding of what’s going on if they weren’t present for it.

I feel I shouldn’t have to watch a video of someone else playing, or simply read a wiki about it. Phasing can allow us to revisit the events through the premise of it being all virtual reality thanks to the Asura.

People seem to complain a lot about how the Living Story is temporary, and this idea would compensate for it’s temporary presence. I hope someone at ANet sees this. A virtual reality Asuran library would make this game even better than it already is.

in Living World

Posted by: LamaFc.4269

LamaFc.4269

I really feel that there should be somewhat of a “Never Ending Story” mechanic to the Living Story. In some Asuran library, you can pick up a mechanical book that ports you into a VR room where you can relive the story, get some loot, etc, all for the purpose of replay value. It wouldn’t effect ANet’s ability to tell a progressing story that changed the landscape, and it would definitely help people have a better understanding of what’s going on if they weren’t present for it.

I feel I shouldn’t have to watch a video of someone else playing, or simply read a wiki about it. Phasing can allow us to revisit the events through the premise of it being all virtual reality thanks to the Asura.

People seem to complain a lot about how the Living Story is temporary, and this idea would compensate for it’s temporary presence. I hope someone at ANet sees this. A virtual reality Asuran library would make this game even better than it already is.

Freakin “A” right! A marvelous idea, it is! I just came back after a long break and I am thoroughly kicking myself for all I have missed. The Lion’s Arch that I have known for over a decade is gone… And I wasn’t there to see it. Mega sad-face emotes abound

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

The only problem is it takes time and effort to do anything like that not to mention a huge strain on the server limit of content since new living stories come out pretty rapidly in a game developers time frame which also brings up the question…. “How can we fit this into the budget of a free to play game?” And the answer is simple, they cant.. So we’ll never have the option to replay old content unless anet wins the mega millions lottery and feels generous to waste money on us. Its a nice thought tho

in Living World

Posted by: Anomaly.7612

Anomaly.7612

The only problem is it takes time and effort to do anything like that not to mention a huge strain on the server limit of content since new living stories come out pretty rapidly in a game developers time frame which also brings up the question…. “How can we fit this into the budget of a free to play game?” And the answer is simple, they cant.. So we’ll never have the option to replay old content unless anet wins the mega millions lottery and feels generous to waste money on us. Its a nice thought tho

There’s still hope with the Chinese! All that money they (hopefully) will be making can be put to some content sustainability. It’s a nice thought. It’d be like missing out on the first season of Game of Thrones and not being able to find past episodes anywhere. People would be mad, and disinterested.

I hope the game does well in China, but I can only imagine what a gamer must feel when they buy a game knowing they’re paying for a story that’s already in progress with a history they will never engage. I feel it as I wasn’t playing at all during the entirety of season one because of life.

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

There’s still hope with the Chinese! All that money they (hopefully) will be making can be put to some content sustainability. It’s a nice thought. It’d be like missing out on the first season of Game of Thrones and not being able to find past episodes anywhere. People would be mad, and disinterested.

I hope the game does well in China, but I can only imagine what a gamer must feel when they buy a game knowing they’re paying for a story that’s already in progress with a history they will never engage. I feel it as I wasn’t playing at all during the entirety of season one because of life.

Nah a story time machine is just a waste of money to them like i said… They provide content for the CURRENT players in hope of slowing down the lost of players, their mentality is “we will provide you with the next chapter of the book as long as you dont put it down” and its a dumbed down story for a reason, anyone can buy the game and catch up on the story on day 1, (which is why china’s getting synced into S2 because S1 wasnt that big of a story" scarlet is a bad guy… She raided LA….. LA is now what it is today… Theres now yet another dragon impending doom the end, they even have the clips of it at a NPC in LA. I dont see anet ever backtracking their storys thatd like reading a book with a class and ur absent on a day they read a chapter wwwweeelll the teacher wont ever go back an entire chapter just for you to catch up so u usually just misd out on that chapter… Same concept

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

I think the living story is more of a end of the story type event thats brings the big boom…. While the personal story fills in all holes so that even if u miss the living story ull still get the jiss because u have the personal story providing the MAIN story (notice they added the aetherblade dung inside twilight arbor to fill in the holes of S1

in Living World

Posted by: Neko.7548

Neko.7548

absolutely

Message Body length must at least be 15.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Yes they will…because in the future, when they start seasons or events, they want to do it simultaneously allover the globe…not “EU/NA get first..China gets after 1 month” that’s both stupid and counterproductive.

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

The Lion’s Arch that I have known for over a decade is gone… And I wasn’t there to see it. Mega sad-face emotes abound

The Lion’s Arch you had known was gone at the release of GW2, destroyed by the awakening of Zhaitan.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

in Living World

onemantankwall.3641

Yes they will…because in the future, when they start seasons or events, they want to do it simultaneously allover the globe…not “EU/NA get first..China gets after 1 month” that’s both stupid and counterproductive.

What are you even beginning to talk about? Chinas syncing in with us/eu they will log in and be at the same place we are in the LS there is no S1 for china they have to just watch the centimatics and fill in the holes they wont get to fight scarlet and never will

in Living World

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

What are you even beginning to talk about? Chinas syncing in with us/eu they will log in and be at the same place we are in the LS there is no S1 for china they have to just watch the centimatics and fill in the holes they wont get to fight scarlet and never will

Not having to deal with Scarlet might actually be worth living in China…….
No LS S2 for the love of Balthazaar, give us an expansion!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Not having to deal with Scarlet might actually be worth living in China…….
No LS S2 for the love of Balthazaar, give us an expansion!

You have the choice between an expansion now via season 2 or an paid expansion in 12 months. There will not be any traditional expansion in near or medium future. Chinese player would go made.

(edited by Belenwyn.8674)

in Living World

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Temporary content that was LS 1, rehashed in with a new wrapper for LS2 will not bring me back to spend gems.
I would rather wait a year or more for engaging permanent content than the drivel that was Scarlet and LS 1.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932