Will Heal-o-Tron return for Season 2?

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Hello! Hello! I’m a bit surprised that no one started this topic of everyone’s favorite golem. Pretty sure most of you check the wiki and all, but something caught my attention:

Hero-Tron

This former Consortium golem has undertaken perhaps the biggest journey of all. After losing its job (its job being to berate refugees into getting jobs themselves), trawling the streets of Divinity’s Reach begging for coppers, offering to serve Scarlet Briar, being punished by the human authorities by being forced to collect money for the repairing of Scarlet’s damages, fleeing the law, and attempting to make amends by healing injured citizens during the initial invasion of Lion’s Arch, the Heal-o-Tron (formerly Job-o-Tron, Hobo-Tron, and Ho-Ho-Tron) finally found redemption aboard the Breachmaker, where it served a crucial role protecting citizens alongside Captain Kiel, using upgrades generously supplied by the Black Lion Trading Company. Will the Seraph now finally call off its manhunt? Result not available at this time.

As someone who never played Season 1 and had to watch Let’s plays and stuff. I enjoyed Job/Hobo/Ho-Ho/Heal-o-Tron’s arc. I also find it impressive how a gag character played a crucial role in the defeat of the main villain (don’t lie, you know he at least revived you at some point or another XD).

I really really hope he comes back for Season 2. Even if it was just for one scene I would be happy. I would be really happy if he gets to play a major though. Maybe he’ll try to heal the Pale tree? Hey I can dream don’t spoil it.

On that note what do you guys think? Will the golem return? And is he really going to be renamed Hero-o-Tron?

Lastly this is a “personal message” to any developer/lead writer/important person (if they read this that is). And it is MY suggestion I don’t want to cause an uproar or something. If Heal-o-Tron does come back I would seriously buy a mini of him. And by buy I mean the gem store for 400 gems. I know we have a mini Ho-Ho Tron but it would be nice to have him without the Christmas decoration IMO. Thank you for reading this

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Maybe he will arrive to help the Zephyrites in the next season now that we know what happened. I really liked his story and would like to see him come back. And, yes, a mini please! Good suggestion, eduardo.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Ehhh, I find him a bit of a wearisome gag that’s overstayed his welcome, in my opinion. >.> I don’t dislike him, but he’s obviously there for comic relief and I think shoehorning him into a prominent role in the story would detract from the impact of Mordremoth’s attacks.

in Living World

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

I think he should make an appearance at Halloween. Ghoul-o-tron collecting candy corn for something.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

in Living World

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Taimi will fall out of Scruffy and Heal-o-Tron will jump in, becoming the head, and become Super-Hero-Tron!

Or, at least, I hope he gets an upgrade to a full body. Maybe he becomes the spokesperson for the Black Lion Company and Evon hooks him up with the coolest and latest tech. That might be cool.

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Warning: spoilers ahead.

Currently, Hero-Tron appears to have a new job as an official representative of Lion’s Arch. As such, I will expect to see him again the next time Captains Magnus the Bloody-Handed and Ellen Kiel make a new appearance in the Living Story.

This could take a while, though, because Lion’s Arch is no longer one of the “great nations of Tyria” due to being in ruins. The best indication of this (temporary?) reduction in status is that no representatives from Lion’s Arch were present – or even invited – for the World Summit.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

LA was never a nation though; it was an independent city-state that held an unusual amount of political power thanks to its prime location on the trade routes that gave it a disproportionate amount of wealth, but in terms of citizens and raw natural resources, it actually falls far short of what the racial capitals can provide.

in Living World

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Job-o-Tron, as he was first known, was never supposed to receive the development he received, according to (I think) Scott McGough, one of the writers. This was mentioned in either a Ready Up or POI video. He was developed because of player feedback, and is truly a product of the Living Story. Most of us like his story, and even if a player doesn’t like him, that player is aware of the changes he’s gone through. It would be a darn shame if he were left in the dust bin.

And YES! Another mini of him without the Wintersday lights would be awesome, especially if he were to spout some of his famous dialogue every once in a while, like some GW1 minis would make their monster noises (jungle troll for example). “Small-talk-initiated: Hot-enough-for-you?” Please, Anet?

in Living World

Posted by: Scott McGough

Scott McGough

Narrative Lead

Job-o-Tron, as he was first known, was never supposed to receive the development he received, according to (I think) Scott McGough, one of the writers. This was mentioned in either a Ready Up or POI video. He was developed because of player feedback, and is truly a product of the Living Story.

Thanks for all the H-tron love—the article you mention is https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/job-o-trons-journey-the-evolution-of-a-gag/

And a minor correction for clarity: audience reaction to Job-o-Tron was definitely a factor in his recurring appearances during his evolutions in LWS1, but internally, the writers and artists and designers also definitely intended to bring him back, even before we knew exactly how people would react to him. The reaction helped, of course, but we were dedicated to letting the gag roll on for a few releases to see where it took us.

As of the end of his first appearance on Southsun Cove (where he realizes he’s out of a job himself and sets out to find a hobo bindle ), we absolutely planned to have him return so we could see where he wound up. And then things snowballed from there.

So I’d say it was an internal/external audience team effort: there were as many H-Tron supporters inside ANet as there were on the outside, and together we brought him from where he was to where he is now.

And I’d also say, on behalf of everyone involved in bringing the little beggar to life and then bringing him back for repeat performances, Thanks—for—your—support.

—Scott McG

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I recommend you give him a house in Lion’s Arch, being the first ‘inorganic citizen’ after a vote by the council, and rename him to “Xenial-Tron” for short, so we can give him in he wiki a name that starts with X, “X-Tron” for short, so it works for whatever any other name you want to give him.

He could then welcome visitors to his house, and tell players he has joined the collection trend but isn’t much of a traveler himself, and ask for random stuff from around the world that isn’t too rare or too expensive (junk, karma items, cheap materials) and gives 5 weekly X-Tron Gifts in exchange.

He could then appear in other places, but his version while in LA would always be “X-Tron [Collector]”.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Living World

eduardo.1436

I recommend you give him a house in Lion’s Arch, being the first ‘inorganic citizen’ after a vote by the council, and rename him to “Xenial-Tron” for short, so we can give him in he wiki a name that starts with X, “X-Tron” for short, so it works for whatever any other name you want to give him.

He could then appear in other places, but his version while in LA would always be “X-Tron [Collector]”.

1. Thank you all for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

2. this idea sounds good buuuuut idk about the X-Tron. With the exception of Job-o-Tron, the golem has been called H 4 letter-Tron. And Hero-o-Tron (have no idea who came up with the name btw) sounds fitting since it starts with H and has 4 letters. If the devs were to implement this idea I guess his name would be “H-Tron [Collector]” at the very least. At least IMO anyways.

in Living World

eduardo.1436

Thank you. Thank you so much!

Attachments: