Desolation's 4th Wurm Kill 0.00 GMT+1, 9. Feb

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Ritia Quein.4216

Ritia Quein.4216

Yesterday was a great day,

after the escape to an overflow from desolation main we killed the wurm AGAIN.

As proof look this video from crimson.

The loot could be better but it was a lot of fun. A big thank you to Desolation, Guests my Diboof Team, and of course to the commanders, who are everyday at bloodtide coast to chase us around.

Btw.: Not just the Overflow was hard-capped – the TS also

And last but not least: Praise the Diboof!!!!

Attachments:

(edited by Ritia Quein.4216)

Posted by: Balzamon.1396

Balzamon.1396

even with that dev ranger that went down all the time we managed to kill cobalt so very good job everyone <3

Commander Ireth Alcàrin [NíP]
Piken Square
Community Officer @ http://gw2community.com/

Posted by: Velvet.7021

Velvet.7021

Are we actually announcing every Wurm kill now? Oo Should have told us and we would have done the same. TxS just did it’s 6th kill today.

(Translation: Making a thread about the first and second kill is fine, noone cares about more then that)

Just post it on your subreddit or something.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Are we actually announcing every Wurm kill now? Oo Should have told us and we would have done the same. TxS just did it’s 6th kill today.

(Translation: Making a thread about the first and second kill is fine, noone cares about more then that)

Normally I would agree with you but for some of the servers that kill them; this is the first time since the new patch for the kill.

How many kills for TxS since the update that fixed the wurm leaving the ring bug?

Balzamon.1396

well, for a lot of ppl a wurm kill is still special @Velvet.7021
so let them be happy, these threads dont hurt and they are just happy to have it finally done

Piken Square

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

Good job, Deso! Is it not a great feeling to still get the kill with this whole “illegitimate kill” thing hanging over our heads? All of you are talented and dedicated folks and I wish you luck on more future kills!

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Normally I would agree with you but for some of the servers that kill them; this is the first time since the new patch for the kill.

How many kills for TxS since the update that fixed the wurm leaving the ring bug?

2 so far ^^ after fix ,6 in total , pretty much 1 kill x day , i don’t rly see the difference the wurm usually hitts the wall’s 2-3 times during the fight and he melt’s.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

(edited by Alugjen Darlas.5329)

KOPPER.1458

2 so far ^^ after fix ,6 in total , pretty much 1 kill x day , i don’t rly see the difference the wurm usually hitts the wall’s 2-3 times during the fight and he melt’s.

Very awesome. I haven’t really noticed a huge difference in the circle but there is a difference between being in the circle and out of the circle. Still if you can get him into a favorable position it should be a rather clean kill.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Oh, nice for you. Now what about doing it on the main server along with guests and random people?
You know, like an open world event.

KOPPER.1458

Oh, nice for you. Now what about doing it on the main server along with guests and random people?

I am not on DESO but don’t they have a TS you could join to figure out when these events are taking place?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Actually TxS does it in the main server.Overflows are hard to make right now

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

For a lot of players in the event this time, it was actually their first kill. The commanders of course have killed it before, and we had a lot of our dedicated friends who were with us for the last one. I don’t mind people celebrating their kills, especially since this was our first one that we are certain cannot be dismissed as benefiting from the scaling bug in anyway.

I am not on DESO but don’t they have a TS you could join to figure out when these events are taking place?

We do indeed, and a website we intend to get people to use, if possible. (please delete the stuff in the spoiler tags if they break any kind of rule)
COMMUNITY TS and website:ts.gw2community.com - the teamspeak address. If you want to run with us, we'd love you to join us, no talking required. http://gw2community.com/ - the website, feel free to register and join our community

If you are referring to the Deso, NiP and friends team, all of our runs up until that kill were done on Deso main. The reason we left Deso main was because we were getting abuse from a group of people, who all went Amber without going on TS, so weren’t getting the communication, who didn’t like spending 2 hours waiting for an event and then failing due to them not paying attention to the fight in the slightest. We still want to run on Deso main, but we will probably also be doing organized overflow runs now for members of our community and those who are dedicated to kills.

(edited by BazeDragon.3927)

Balzamon.1396

BazeDragon: if you say deso ts you are kind wrong, this isnt the TS from deso or the website from deso. This is a community TS and website from gw2community.com that started out on deso but is now way bigger then deso. Even if the events still take part in Deso(mainly) it wouldnt be corret to refer to it as Deso TS+Website. As far as i know the old desospeak still exist+ a website for deso.

Piken Square

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

I probably made more money on Hide And Seek before a kill than I’ll ever make on wurm killing. Still fun as hell.

Ireth, Tevratt, no need to argue here. Deso is the server on which we gather, but we’re a group of dedicated players, not Deso only players.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

Balzamon.1396

I dont argue <3
i just felt like this needs to be corrected, because this is actually sth we talked about last night.
More then 50% of the players joining us on TS these days arent from Deso anymore.
Most of us yesterday agreed that it is better to refer at us as gw2community.com and not as deso.

We will still run mainly on deso for now. So yeah deso will still be the "main"server were we gather as long as ppl behave.

Piken Square

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

If you are referring to the Deso, NiP and friends team, all of our runs up until that kill were done on Deso main. The reason we left Deso main was because we were getting abuse from a group of people, who all went Amber without going on TS, so weren’t getting the communication, who didn’t like spending 2 hours waiting for an event and then failing due to them not paying attention to the fight in the slightest. We still want to run on Deso main, but we will probably also be doing organized overflow runs now for members of our community and those who are dedicated to kills.

Like the time where you concordated in ts when to retry to avoid having said guests (the second kill, if i remember well).
It is nice to see such organization, but when all of this is being done to avoid the open world nature of the event and making it as much as a private instance as possible, i feel like it should be made clear of the contradictions involved in such an approach.

An open world event will have people like the ones you speak about. They can’t be kicked, and you can’t do anything about them. If the event isn’t balanced taking in account there could be people like that, then it isn’t fine as an open world event.

Balzamon.1396

Well i remember that we left main because of ppl actually FLAMING the amber commander.
and since you cant do anything against them, well its just right to look for a better place without them. (overflow other server)

Piken Square

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Personally I see no problem doing this in an overflow. In any other game, this would be instanced or without a small population cap and scaling.
It’s pretty much a design flaw to put such a hard event in open world when they clearly don’t account for random people and people not on TS.
But I do think it’s wrong to say that a certain server killed it unless you do it 100% as an open world event. That is, without teamspeak, organizing just ingame and on a mainserver.
But I don’t care too much about it. I was there, I was part of it, I killed the dam thing, I’m happy about it.
But yeah… I also scored much more loot from hide and seek in the meantime, haha.
A bit sad that the single hardest thing you can do ingame, with a very high failure rate, gives much much less loot than the easiest farming you can do, in frostgorge in the same time as it takes to succeed the wurm, not accounting for failures.
Never the less, first legit kill for gw2community.com and me. I’m happy.
The video is quite awesome too.

That said, a dev commented in another thread that they are indeed working on better ways to introduce hardcore content. We’ll see what happens.

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon: if you say deso ts you are kind wrong, this isnt the TS from deso or the website from deso. This is a community TS and website from gw2community.com that started out on deso but is now way bigger then deso. Even if the events still take part in Deso(mainly) it wouldnt be corret to refer to it as Deso TS+Website. As far as i know the old desospeak still exist+ a website for deso.

You are right, of course. My mistake, and I have corrected it.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Uhm…congrats, but are you planning to make a thread for every single wurm kill? This does start to feel a little like bragging…

Polka will never die

Balzamon.1396

Uhm…congrats, but are you planning to make a thread for every single wurm kill? This does start to feel a little like bragging…

its more like individual players who are happy that they got their kills. never the leaders or anything who are there all day.
in the end it does not hurt…just let them be happy that they finally got what they wanted.

Piken Square

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

Thats exactly what it is. Bragging. But on an individual player basis. Its not as if the entire server decides “Ok guys! Lets make thread #4 about our 4th kill!”

Its more like 1 player feels elated that they got their kill and want to share it.