Great Jungle Wurm is way too hard

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: sablephoenix.1593

sablephoenix.1593

Make the gorram event scale to whatever number of people are there to attend it. You’ve driven people away by making it require an entire zone to coordinate to within a 2 minute window. People have already given up, the event is totally dead now. You would think that Tequatl might have taught you a lesson; the other dragon world bosses still get plenty of people attending them, but Teq is completely empty. What were you thinking, making a world boss that’s even MORE complicated then Teq?

Scale this event back so it’s actually doable. Forcing the players to depend on the performance of an entire server for their personal boss achievements is asinine.

(edited by sablephoenix.1593)

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

No, because you are the only person finds the event too hard.

Posted by: sablephoenix.1593

sablephoenix.1593

Given the discussions I’ve seen in guild chat, mapchat, on this board, that is patently false.

Phoenixlin.8624

Given the discussions in forums, you need to learn how to deal with difficulties.

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Given the discussions in forums, you need to learn how to deal with difficulties.

That makes no sense at all

Professional noob guardian

Phoenixlin.8624

Whining/Crying about “hard content” makes no sense at all too.

To make things clear, you do no have to do hard content. Story-wise, you will miss nothing. Achievement wise, if you are not a achievement-x (let say x = lover), nobody cares your situation.

(edited by Phoenixlin.8624)

Melfice.5091

I guess you are either from BG, Deso or TxS. With communities as big as these ones the Wurms (and Tequatl) are actually fun to do, and hard but not impossible. Now try to immagine yourself on literally every other server, where there aren’t even close to enough people doing the Wurms.

Oh and lets not ignore all the faults the fight has, like open world content where a single person can fail it is an automatic fail in design in my book, that kitten should be instanced

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Uh, the Great Jungle Worm? I mean sure it has a lot of health, and sometimes it regains some HP from a Husk, but when did you last manage to fail the event.

If you mean the Three-headed Wurm, that’s not content for you.
Single servers are meant to maybe kill 1-2 heads, gaining loot in the process.

It takes properly organized server- or even better alliance-runs to kill it, and the content is designed for them.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Melfice.5091

Allright, maybe a single player won’t fail the event, but have too many casual pugs (bowbears etc) on the map and even Deso won’t be able to do it. And you saying that it’s made for organized alliances shows even more that it should be instanced

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

if every server cant do it then its wasted content in my opinion just like tequatal Anet like to make the game acsesable to everyone old and new players content like this strictly for the eliteist players is stupid
sure ive done things like tequatal and the 3 headed wurm but there just way too much effort involved and by the time the next new content comes out no one will give a kitten about it and thats the real shame its all a big waste of content

on the other hand if they made it easyer so we all could do it then it might stand a chance of still being an active event ocasionaly on all servers as it stands no one will be doing this next month except the try hards
i hate this event and any event like it requireing large scale cordination from a bunch of strangers most of whom arent on a high enough skill lvl and just kill any chance of sucsess
you guys should have learned we dont like this kinda content from tequatal but no you go an ram another overly complex mob down our throats and waste developer time on what might as well have just been a temp world mob
coz ive allready lost interest in it and see it as nothing but a big waste of time due to all the failed atempts ive been on that just amount to wasted time that could have been better spent doing something thats actualy productive

Posted by: CorneliusCoffin.3169

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I guess you are either from BG, Deso or TxS. With communities as big as these ones the Wurms (and Tequatl) are actually fun to do, and hard but not impossible. Now try to immagine yourself on literally every other server, where there aren’t even close to enough people doing the Wurms.

Oh and lets not ignore all the faults the fight has, like open world content where a single person can fail it is an automatic fail in design in my book, that kitten should be instanced

The only thing you got wrong in there is the assumption that it’s a fun event in big communities. I’m currently guesting on Deso and it’s a drag. We’re hardly ever getting into the head phase because it’s depending on so many little things (how many people are afk, how the people split up between the teams, how many people are actually listening to the commanders etc.)
TxS, as far as I know, has completely given up on the wurm after their first kill, saying something along the lines of “glad, we’re done with this.”

I have to say I kinda feel the same way. I still have some spirit in me to finally kill that stupid thing, but I don’t think this is content I will be coming back to after that.

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Genuine Question: Why don’t the people complaining 24/7 that content x is “too hard” for them pour that energy into improving their gameplay, organising their server (or cross-server if they think population is a problem), figuring out strategies etc- because if you did that instead of wasting time complaining that you haven’t done it yet, eventually you’d get it done.

If you don’t want to do that, this is a game, and it does not punish you for it. You are free to ignore such content and play content that you do enjoy.

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Genuine Question: Why don’t the people complaining 24/7 that content x is “too hard” for them pour that energy into improving their gameplay, organising their server (or cross-server if they think population is a problem), figuring out strategies etc- because if you did that instead of wasting time complaining that you haven’t done it yet, eventually you’d get it done.

If you don’t want to do that, this is a game, and it does not punish you for it. You are free to ignore such content and play content that you do enjoy.

Genuine Answer: Because we simply don’t have the tools in game to do that. I mean, a lot of servers are actually battling with overflows rather than not having the popularity. There’s hardly any chance to get 150 coordinated people. On main servers you’re battling with afk-residents, on the overflows you’re battling with randoms from different servers. The strategies to kill the wurm are pretty much known by now. The reasons why the wurms aren’t slayn on a regular basis by now are manifold, but lack of effort and organisation are certainly not among them.

EDIT: Also, the 2 hour spawn timer gives us plenty of time to complain, since most who are doing the wurm are not doing anything else at the moment

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

What needs to honestly happen is for more difficult instanced events, dungeon paths, etc. Fractals and Aetherblade path lose their luster after a while.

It’s just statistically improbable for events like the Tri-Wurm and Tequatl to be worthwhile because it requires a great deal of coordination from a majority who do not care to coordinate as much as required.

The solution is not for other players to get better, that’s asinine and selfish. The solution is to put elite content where it belongs, in areas where it is statistically sensible.

People who disagree really don’t grasp the struggle it is to collaborate and organize an entire server.

It might not be difficult content, per se, but it doesn’t make the reality of the poor organization any less real. Ignoring that simple observation because the content isn’t genuinely hard is just ignorant.

Posted by: Cyanchiv.2583

Cyanchiv.2583

Uh, the Great Jungle Worm? I mean sure it has a lot of health, and sometimes it regains some HP from a Husk, but when did you last manage to fail the event.

It takes properly organized server- or even better alliance-runs to kill it, and the content is designed for them.

I completely agree with this post. I quite enjoy the fact that now content exists in the game that actually requires people to organize in order to complete their challenge. I’m part of a community that does the Tequatl event daily, and have been putting in a solid effort in the recent Wurm event.Tequatl has reached the point, where as long as people are organized, it’s not even challenging anymore. The Wurm has finally offered a real challenge, something that requires skill and competence from all players in order to be successful.

(edited by Cyanchiv.2583)

CorneliusCoffin.3169

I completely agree with this post. I quite enjoy the fact that now content exists in the game that actually requires people to organize in order to complete their challenge. I’m part of a community that does the Tequatl event daily, and have been putting in a solid effort in the recent Wurm event.Tequatl has reached the point, where as long as people are organized, it’s not even challenging anymore. The Wurm has finally offered a real challenge, something that requires skill and competence from all players in order to be successful.

I completely agree that it could be fun and challenging to have content that needs 120+ people to get organized, but then you can’t do it in open world and put a hard cap of 150 people on the maps. There are just too many factors other than players skill and willingness that play into these encounters at the moment for them to be enjoyable.

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

Of course Wurm has it’s problem. But it’s only their second try to make rally hard world boss, which need better organisation.

And I completly disagree that wurm doesn’t have it’s place in the game. We’ve got many guesters on Deso and we don’t mind that, at least they’re on ts and try to learn our strategy.

Wurm has similar problem to pvp nowadays. In pvp when player comes from hot-join to tournament matches – he won’t know how to play good. When we’re talking about wurm – when people come from other servers, or they were only doing it on overflow – they think they know what’s the strategy, but in fact organised kill is totally different, than decapitation on overflows. We still meet people asking us about zerg strategy on teamspeak [sic!].

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

From my personal point of view is most of the content in gw2 is just too easy.
The Dungeons are no challenge at all anymore.
Most Champions are solo or duo doable.
PvP is from my perspective boring as hell.
WvW, well lets just say it gets old with time (i am still an semi-active commander there, but yeah).
Tequatl… well, if you know how to organise this, its rather easy.
Wurm is a challenge. Even after we killed it and know the mechanics, the event is still very easy to fail (even when its not bugged).
Its one of the very few reasons for some players to actually stay in this game.
It is not for everyone. Most players even do not know how to dodge and thats just for starters. It isn´t just a autoshot and loot event.
There are some servers out there who are creating guilds especially for that content (Wurm), just like some did for Tequatl. Just keep an eye out for them.
But you will probably get an training on how your class acutally works and what you can do with it.

And for the “make it instanced” comments: WE AGREE!
Give us a map only we can enter

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Whining/Crying about “hard content” makes no sense at all too.

To make things clear, you do no have to do hard content. Story-wise, you will miss nothing. Achievement wise, if you are not a achievement-x (let say x = lover), nobody cares your situation.

Think you need to re-read what the OP is getting at.. its hard because of the numbers required across a map to be coordinated.. and as completions of the Wurm are few and far between suggests the OP and many others have a point (and I mean all 3 heads not just Crimson).
As players get fed up so numbers have dwindled a lot but the weaksauce vent scaling and the buggyness of the event make it a complete fail imo.. hard content is great.. this isn’t hard by design its hard because its so poorly thought out and nothing but a major map zerg can get it done.. and a lot of the time only because lady luck is shinning – so you carry on sitting in the middle of your 125man ballfest shouting your awesomesauce, we bow to your godlike skills.. pfft L2READ

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

It’s a challenge worthy of being in the game. It’s not a challenge that should be open world. Requiring everyone on a server to be 100% coordinated to finish this event is a mistake. Either increase the server population cap while keeping the event as-is, or scale the event down a little bit. Give servers a little more margin for error, remove some of the mechanics that make the fights ridiculous (constant daze from the sickness without the ability to remove it?), and it’ll be a little more realistic.

After a week and a half of it being live, so far I’ve only heard of two completions. Every server besides those two that completed it don’t even bother doing it after everyone gets their 3 decaps and wurm-specific achievements.

Doesn’t it say something when 90% of the playerbase has refused to even bother with it anymore? Same for tequatl.

Posted by: Kageru.9124

Kageru.9124

It’s a lot of development effort put into a complicated encounter that will be completed by what, a couple of hundred players? And they’re not going to keep doing it because with no gear progression there’s no real reason to farm it (how other games get recurring value out of raid content). It’s GW2 aping other games that focus on raid content and offering nothing novel to fit the environment, mechanics and flavor of GW2.

I find it disappointing… but also sort of inevitable.

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Pretty much after monday the whole boss event will be ignored and we can all read everyone complaining about WvW Edge of the mists. Personally I would prefered Wurm being temporary because he wouldn’t be missed and keep marionette since the Megamaid from Spaceballs is a lot more doable by most servers than a three headed clustercuss that only two servers with the highest populations could beat and will be ignored by every other server after edge of the mists comes out. But after the Wurm gets beaten more and more by said servers, it will get to the point where everyone can do it.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

Phoenixlin.8624

I don’t even try to explain why OP and you and your kind of players should stop whining and learn to move on. Complete waste of time.

But anyways, if you don’t like it don’t do it. There are 902734929482 things you can do in game, and you can easily ignore one world boss among them. Life is too short for whining about one difficult world boss.

And, I do agree Wurm has the worst rewards in this game (effort/time wasted vs. reward ratio) and because of bad rewards people won’t return to Wurm, after they get their all achievements. None of the exclusive stuff are nice, probably the worst designed armor pieces and it is not even a full armor set, just 3 part of it. You may say only mini wurm is nice and it is nice because you can sell it for 2k gold.

I should also say that I almost stopped doing Wurm after 1 week. I still need body achievements (my last one) but my problem is mostly leecher guests in Desolation.

Leecher guests = Instead of organizing or participating an organized group in their server, players that guest to another high populated server to use its organization for themselves.

Posted by: volcano.3176

volcano.3176

No , i find the event hard :p . how many tiimes d u killed wurms “phoenixlin”

wurm time must be long

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Nay. I love this event. It’s one of the best things in this game.

What could be changed? A way to organize squads and guilds into instances better.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The Wurm separates the boys from the men!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

I don’t even try to explain why OP and you and your kind of players should stop whining and learn to move on. Complete waste of time.

But anyways, if you don’t like it don’t do it. There are 902734929482 things you can do in game, and you can easily ignore one world boss among them. Life is too short for whining about one difficult world boss.

And, I do agree Wurm has the worst rewards in this game (effort/time wasted vs. reward ratio) and because of bad rewards people won’t return to Wurm, after they get their all achievements. None of the exclusive stuff are nice, probably the worst designed armor pieces and it is not even a full armor set, just 3 part of it. You may say only mini wurm is nice and it is nice because you can sell it for 2k gold.

I should also say that I almost stopped doing Wurm after 1 week. I still need body achievements (my last one) but my problem is mostly leecher guests in Desolation.

Leecher guests = Instead of organizing or participating an organized group in their server, players that guest to another high populated server to use its organization for themselves.

Your entire ideology epitomizes what most people came to this game to escape.
It’s funny how so many people are so up in arms against instanced raids and choose to deal with this kind of attitude instead.

Now we are all ‘leechers’…a burden on other people. Might as well just call anyone who uses the guesting service a hobo. Am I right? Nevermind the fact that servers say full even though they are not and that organizing a group on many of these servers is logistically impossible. No…we’re just leechers.

Why would anyone want to play a game if you have to deal with this? Being called a leecher just because you want to get involved? Honestly? Why would you use your free time to be treated that way? I’m not. The whole ethos of this game is jacked, and the quoted post is a perfect example of that.

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Keep telling yourself that. There were “leecher guests” around the first and the second time the worm has been killed on Deso. I dare say Deso wouldn’t stand a chance without those “leecher guests.”, because they’re the ones who are actually willing to gear up for the encounter and take all means neccesary for killing the three-headed beast. On the other hand, there was least one failed attempt on Deso yesterday, because a Deso commander (I’m not gonna call names here) was afking on the map with his commander tag still on.
I’m not gonna lie, the organization on Deso is top notch most of the time and I love how it takes my game to the next level, but there’s no way you’d be able to do all that without ambitious players from other servers. Because the truth is, if you’re guesting, it’s because you actually want to get the event done. if you just want to leech, you’re going to do that on your own server.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Keep telling yourself that. There were “leecher guests” around the first and the second time the worm has been killed on Deso. I dare say Deso wouldn’t stand a chance without those “leecher guests.”, because they’re the ones who are actually willing to gear up for the encounter and take all means neccesary for killing the three-headed beast. On the other hand, there was least one failed attempt on Deso yesterday, because a Deso commander (I’m not gonna call names here) was afking on the map with his commander tag still on.
I’m not gonna lie, the organization on Deso is top notch most of the time and I love how it takes my game to the next level, but there’s no way you’d be able to do all that without ambitious players from other servers. Because the truth is, if you’re guesting, it’s because you actually want to get the event done. if you just want to leech, you’re going to do that on your own server.

The servers like Desolation are very considerate and grateful to the PUGs that are willing to listen and work together for the kill. Some acknowledge that “Server first!” is very tongue in cheek because it was a joint effort.

No, the players that are true leeches (who can be native to Desolation) are those that do things like taking the waypoint to a different Wurm because they see it’s lower in health than the other two. “I need my decapitation achievement!” is the mentality, ensuring getting to phase 2 is unlikely and killing it impossible because 15-20 people have abandoned their posts. These same kinds of people will abandon their phase 1 posts to scurry on over to a Wurm head they lack in phase 2 to for their “Wurmslayer” achievement.

So when you say these leechers contributes to Desolation’s kill, you’re flat out wrong; they didn’t.

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Basically what Nokaru said.
There are useful guests and destructive guests and after they announced their kills, Desolation got a lot of destructive guests. Especially so now during the weekend.
While most go on TS and listen, way too many don’t.
And then it’s completely impossible to kill the wurm.

You need guestimatingly 95% of the people to do exactly right and follow the commands.
You need almost all of the people on the map to contribute or you won’t have enough dps.
If just one guardian uses hammer, the light fields can destroy the dps since you can’t blast the fire fields for that very needed DPS.
The same if someone else throws random fields on the boss.
Warriors that place banners in the zerg stop people from picking up elementalist conjured weapons.
Necromancers need to use epidemic on the fear that warriors and other necromancers has provided.

Everything must go together or it will fail.
That’s not pug-friendly content and should not be done in open world where pugs are the only thing you get.
Bottom line, it’s way too hard and requires outside-of-guildwars communication that pugs will not all use.

That said..
I wonder what happens after the bugs are patched out.
We won’t get the very needed double damage spot, but we won’t get bugged scaling either, if everything works.
Can go either way really..

CorneliusCoffin.3169

So when you say these leechers contributes to Desolation’s kill, you’re flat out wrong; they didn’t.

I never said that leechers contributed to those kills, I’ve said "those ‘leecher guests’ " did. Phoenixlin was very specific on including all people from other servers in his use of the term “leecher”, hence my use of the quotation marks.

And I’m totally aware that the event currently fails on Deso because of leechers (meaning, people afking or not gearing up correctly) but I’m in contact with quite a few people who are guesting on Deso at the moment and they’re all bringing their main classes, all geared up, all on TS, all at their keyboard at least half an hour before the event starts. Most of these people have done 3-4 runs a day and more on their main servers for more than a week before guesting on Deso and are now sacrificing one of their two daily guesting options to Deso to -yes – profit from your great organization.
What I’m trying to say with this is, yes I am aware that Deso has had an increase of “destructive” palyers since the wurm kills, but I am willing to bet that at least 50% of those – if not significantly more – are coming from your own server.

(edited by CorneliusCoffin.3169)

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Wurm is fine the way it is. It’s not hard at all. All you have to do is split in 3 groups, play well, synchronise the kill to enter the end phase and then dps until it’s dead.
I guess people have to work on “play well” part. I think that soon it will become farmable like tequatl is.

Also: no, you are not supposed to do it on servers with low population. You have to guest on bigger servers, that’s the way it’s meant to be. That’s why we have guesting option (among other reasons).

Nokaru.7831

I never said that leechers contributed to those kills, I’ve said "those ‘leecher guests’ " did. Bloodstealer was very specific on including all people from other servers in his use of the term “leecher”, hence my use of the quotation marks.

This is a problem with semantics. He’s not calling all guests leeches, but rather blaming their failure on guests who leech.

And if you think one or two people can’t make a difference, you clearly haven’t had a Guardian spamming symbols on your raid when you’re trying to Might stack, or blast Water. The issue is also not “a few people”; it’s impossible to get more than 45 per stack on Blackgate main for instance because there’s at least 20 people perpetually AFK to retain their spots. Then there’s the Achievement hunters who will only do what benefits them. (Running kegs, going to the first Wurm that dies, etc.) Finally, you can have actual trolls who get a kick out of the ability to be malicious with no consequences.

Edit: I do want to add though that redesigning some Achievements would make the Jungle Wurm a much more pleasant experience for all. For instance, the number of explosive barrels should be reduced to something small, like 2-5. The Decapitator and Wurmslayer achievements should give players credit for the efforts of their allies.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Bloodstealer.5978

And there you go again.. failing to read and comprehend what’s being said.
No where did I say I want easy mode, nowhere did I whine cos its a tough nut to crack.. I simply implied its good idea poorly thought through by ANET because the only way it can be done is by a total mapfest and luck.
In fact the only person whinning here is you so as I said before L2READ before engaging mouth.

As for Desolation and leechers.. than in itself is supporting what the OP is saying.. most servers cant raise the numbers required on a whole map to even begin to try and coordinate a completion, event scaling doesn’t work so the best they can hope for is a one head victory, bugs allowing.. or go guest on Desolation and be a leecher just to annoy you……so anything else you want to misinterpret and talk smack on???

CorneliusCoffin.3169

This is a problem with semantics. He’s not calling all guests leeches, but rather blaming their failure on guests who leech.

I beg to differ.

Bloodstealer.5978

I never said that leechers contributed to those kills, I’ve said "those ‘leecher guests’ " did. Bloodstealer was very specific on including all people from other servers in his use of the term “leecher”, hence my use of the quotation marks.

And if you think one or two people can’t make a difference, you clearly haven’t had a Guardian spamming symbols on your raid when you’re trying to Might stack, or blast Water. The issue is also not “a few people”; it’s impossible to get more than 45 per stack on Blackgate main for instance because there’s at least 20 people perpetually AFK to retain their spots. Then there’s the Achievement hunters who will only do what benefits them. (Running kegs, going to the first Wurm that dies, etc.) Finally, you can have actual trolls who get a kick out of the ability to be malicious with no consequences.

Edit: I do want to add though that redesigning some Achievements would make the Jungle Wurm a much more pleasant experience for all. For instance, the number of explosive barrels should be reduced to something small, like 2-5. The Decapitator and Wurmslayer achievements should give players credit for the efforts of their allies.

Excuse me but if your gunna use someone else’s quote in order to reply to them.. I would suggest not changing it and adding other names into the pot.. never in this thread have I talked about leechers across servers etc.. that cookie most definitely belongs to Mr. awesomesauce Phoenixlin… no worries I will ask the mods to do their jobs on Monday morning!

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I remember when it took us 8 months to ALL the servers worldwide, to finally beat once a big raid final boss in a different MMO. Every guild was trying week after week, improving slowly until they finally killed it 8 months after it’s release date.

That was something hard, but yet it was done. Wurm has been killed in the first week… that’s something so easy that i don’t even need more words.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Bloodstealer.5978

I remember when it took us 8 months to ALL the servers worldwide, to finally beat once a big raid final boss in a different MMO. Every guild was trying week after week, improving slowly until they finally killed it 8 months after it’s release date.

That was something hard, but yet it was done. Wurm has been killed in the first week… that’s something so easy that i don’t even need more words.

I agree.. hard is most definitely good… but I don’t think the Wurm is fundementaly being failed so much because of lack of understanding of what to do now its been out a whiles.. it more down to numbers required, scaling having zero effect and of course it not bugging.

Phoenixlin.8624

0. I left my spot 1-2 tries before Deso killed it both times. Still, it is not hard (except cases with bugged scaling, fake 2:00 dps phase and LEECHER guests).

For the rest still crying about:

1) “I am playing this game because I wanna escape from reality”

A.1) Escape it in another map. You don’t need to come Bloodtide when Wurm is about to spawn. If you still wanna kill Wurm, do what you are asked to. I said it in another thread “I PLAY HOW I WANT” is the most disgusting argument you can ever use for a hard, organized, group content.

2) “My server don’t have enough x”.

A.2) Yeah, if your whole server guest to Desolation or some other servers you can’t find anyone in your server. Again as I said before, low/medium/high/very high populated servers’ players tend to LEECH Desolation. Did you read previous sentence carefully? I said “high/very high” populated servers’ players are also coming to Desolation. I saw several SFR players, Baruch Bay guilds too. Of course some of them MAY come to Desolation to observe what we are doing, but still there are camping guests from these servers.

The problem is not “what your server does not have”, the problem is you are too lazy to organize something for yourselves. Why no low/medium populated server step up and say “Come our server, guest/transfer to us and kick wurm’s head together”? I think at least 2-3 such servers can fill a map and organize their Wurm event. But of course guesting to Desolation is easier. That’s why I am calling guests as leecher. And some crybabies even report me for this. Go ahead, as if it changes the fact that guests are leeching.

3) “My whole server guesting Desolation and I can’t find any player to organize”

In my first post, I forgot to add this, I admit. I am not calling ALL guests as leechers . If your server’s >%50 guests to Desolation, of course you can’t find people and you do what that majority of players do.

Yet, most of you have not opened a thread about this broken guesting system, which make you leave your server every time, or written your ideas into hundreds of threads that were opened. Moreover, some of you even defended current system by saying “Get your head 2 hours before like we do”. That is the type of players I am saying they are leeching.

4) “Desolation has enough players to create overflow, how do you know guests are the problem”

That’s the problem. If Desolation fills a map itself, why are you still coming to Desolation? You guest to Desolation because do we need help or do YOU need help?

5) “Wait Monday you piece of cat”

I don’t care how many times you report me. Seriously, if they ban me I can save time instead of writing wall of texts. Basically these walls are for nothing because you are not even reading, or even if you read, you don’t want to understand.

(edited by Phoenixlin.8624)

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

We have as many leechers from Deso, as we have from other servers. Many people quit trying to do wurm, because of all these people not getting into teamspeak or talking kitten about commanders.

Seriously, sometimes I think there should be an option to kick a player from main map. Some are not only not helping, but destroying the community too.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

We have as many leechers from Deso, as we have from other servers. Many people quit trying to do wurm, because of all these people not getting into teamspeak or talking kitten about commanders.

Seriously, sometimes I think there should be an option to kick a player from main map. Some are not only not helping, but destroying the community too.

Well we have a similar problem. Everytime we try the wurm we give the randoms our TS adress and ask them to join on the TS. On every second run we have people getting negative about it, flaming us making fun of TS and more. And better, they just want to do the cobalt wurm to get loot but there are places much better for loot, like the Queensdale or Frostgorge Champ train or CoF1. In my opinion, the loot is so bad that killing only one head is almost the same like killing nothing.
Our solution was to leave them alone so they can stick to their cobalt wurm and fail there and we can organize our trys better and train the mechanics.

CorneliusCoffin.3169

Excuse me but if your gunna use someone else’s quote in order to reply to them.. I would suggest not changing it and adding other names into the pot.. never in this thread have I talked about leechers across servers etc.. that cookie most definitely belongs to Mr. awesomesauce Phoenixlin… no worries I will ask the mods to do their jobs on Monday morning!

Sorry, this was actually my mistake and not Nokaru’s. I kinda got confused with who posted what and put your name down where it should have said Phoenixlin. I corrected my mistake before you noticed but unfortunately it still shows in Nokaru’s quote of my original post

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Questions about difficulty aside, I still don’t see why we can’t have mega-boss events like Tequatl and the GJW scale for smaller numbers of people. “Harder” does not necessarily mean “throw more people at the problem”. With proper scaling, you can have a hard, challenging encounter at 10 people as it is for 100 people. The difference is that smaller servers would still be able to take part too, and there’s less emphasis on having to show up to the map hours in advance to camp out.

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Phase 1 is fine, phase 2 is ridiculous.

It requires…

1) Absurd DPS. DPS, mind you, that’s getting a 10% across-the-board nerf in an upcoming patch. You think it’s bad now, wait until then.
2) Luck. If the bouncing head gets stuck on something, you’re golden. If not, well get ready to wait another two hours for the next spawn.

There’s a reason this thing has only been killed four times – it’s really, really unlikely that all three of the heads are going to get stuck on something with only a minute and fifty seconds to fight them. Not to discredit the people who have successfully killed it, but even they will admit that on their kills, the wurms were relatively still.

Solutions:
1) Up the timer to account for the fact that the wurm heads are bouncing all over the place.
2) Introduce some mechanic to stun the heads in one place long enough to dps them.

(edited by Nar.8327)

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

You missed some part of the mechanics here. It’s not getting stuck by chance to something even though it might appear that way.

OK, to be fair, sometimes it runs in the wrong direction (issue with the fear mechanics used here internally that don’t work 100% reliable) and it stays longer as intended at a postion.

The wurm will stop at several possible fixed locations, BUT if too much players are already standing there (or are too close to the head) it will move on. All need to stay at once place not too close to the head. When it stops, everybody runs in and DPS is. Rinse, wash repeat.

That this seems so hard is, because servers are not getting reliable into phase 2, meaning that a ton of players didn’t experience phase 2 yet. They see the head, try to get to it to DPS it. And that’s causing the head to rush on as it finds no place to catch a breath. As a result not enough DPS is getting to it.

You are taught in the game to stay away from the moving head. Remeber the slime that it leaves behind? This tells you, stay away from it when it moves.

You usally see the mechanics best at Amber, as people stack up there nearly always and have already aquired enough discliple not to chase a target.

Again, the challenge here is to control the masses and bring order the the chaos.

But I agree that it needs some rebalance. Probably it needs to stay 2-3 (2.5s possible the sweet spot) seconds longer at a location before it moves on. And either remove the first 10 seconds where it is still invul. or start the timer when it reaches its first planned resting place, which should be after 10 seconds but sometimes it happens earlier (issue with the fear mechanics).

Or leave it as it is an decrease HP by about 5%, which we probably will see as a ninja nerf and is the easiest way of balancing it.

Why do servers still have trouble killing it realiable in phase 2, even though they make it very often into it? Becasue people are not yet comfortable enough with phase 2. They rush in for a kill. This is a ruse. Anet punishes players for their killing frenzy. If you stay calm and jump in when it stops it will work out.

Phase 2 is just less forgiving that phase 1 in regards to individual players not playing to the mechanics / don’t listen to what the more experienced players of this event tell them.

TL;DR
Wurm follows a pattern. Stay away from it until it rests. Then DPS. If too many players are too close to it, it will skip a resting phase. So stay away from it and you will be fine.

Nokaru.7831

The wurm will stop at several possible fixed locations,

Considering the fact that the Cobalt Wurm head can move into the water and the Crimson Wurm head can completely leave its arena, this is not true.

Posted by: Pexx.6327

Pexx.6327

The wurm will stop at several possible fixed locations, BUT if too much players are already standing there (or are too close to the head) it will move on.

I can confirm that the wurm does not stop at fixed locations. It may seem like he does, but the position and the distance the worm travels is sporadic at best.

Red Rum Mai // Ozma Amzo

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

You missed some part of the mechanics here. It’s not getting stuck by chance to something even though it might appear that way.

OK, to be fair, sometimes it runs in the wrong direction (issue with the fear mechanics used here internally that don’t work 100% reliable) and it stays longer as intended at a postion.

So it’s not getting stuck… except when it is. And it’s moving in a predictable direction… except when it isn’t. Hence my point.

Posted by: Luminarin.2301

Luminarin.2301

Okay so Desolation has done it 2 times as far as I know (i’m desolatian myself) but after 48 hours of unsuccsessful trying, we too, start to get nuts.
Seriously even if our TS cooperation meets a total perfectionism and every wurm has over 40 full-exo/asc Players smacking it, we are usually loosing at decapitating one last head at it’s 1-2% of HP.

ANet, no way, this event need at least 10 seconds more time for decapitation. Think of other servers too! :/

Posted by: Luminarin.2301

Luminarin.2301

Just failed again. Guesting ppl hunting achievments on the main Deso server. Switching wurms, leaving kegs. I’m gonna blow my head off.