This doesnt seem like a story...

in The Origins of Madness

Posted by: Unknownhero.6745

Unknownhero.6745

Am I missing something? So far most of the “living story” hasn’t really told me much of anything, this new content in particular. I have completed every “story” so far and have yet to feel much connection to whats going on. Todays patch being a perfect example.
Heres how my day started… I downloaded the patch and logged in all excited. Ok I got mail from Marjory, cool! She says meet her Lornars pass. So I go to Lornars, and where is she?? I wander around with the rest of the zerg lost amidst a sea of wandering tags, all who seem as clueless as me. Then I randomly stumble upon Marjory. Cool, some input. WRONG. She has nothing to say.
So I wander around aimlessly, wondering wtf is going on. Someone discovers if we destroy the probes they drop power core pieces. After attempting to outrun the zerg to numerous probes, I get frustrated and map to a quieter location, to get some power cores.
After about 20 mins my guild says an event has started in Lornars. I quickly map over and jump into the zerg again.
We get a quick 20 second cutscene, and all chaos insues. A few vague messages on screen sorta explain whats going on. After some mindless zerg fights, and a lot of confusion the event fails and the entire zerg is inta killed. Cool story bro…
Now I don’t expect our first big boss encounter to go smoothly, but is it to much to ask, to have a few NPCs take 2 mins out of their busy day to say hi to me, and give me a little heads up wtf is going on? Especially Marjory, if she wants help saving the world the least she could do, is have a little chat, and make me feel she atleast remembers all I have done for her.
Needless to say after about an hour of the new content, all I feel is frustrated and disappointed. I will do what I did with the rest of the living stories, wait for a certain website to post a little detail and description as to whats going on. Then I will jump on the zerg wagon, kill a bunch of crap, collect a bunch of crap for 2 days. Get a lame chest reward, then sit around bored again until the next content is released:/
I fail to see how any of that constitutes this being called a “story”.

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

did you do the instance in LA?

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

It seems bugged. It initially tells you to go to Lornar’s pass, but then actually tells you to go to the docks in LA. There’s an instance there where you catch up with people, including a touching scene with Majory and Kasemer

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

Yes I defiately reccomend you to do the instance!
There’s lot’s of story and espacially character building there!:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/madness/Character-building/first#post3528390

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Forgive my ignorance, but there is no mention of an instance in LA in patch notes or by mail. Have I just missed a pointer?

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

did you do the instance in LA?

Is it a solo instance? I don’t do group dungeons.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s an instance where nothing happens except talking.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

So where is it? I can’t seem to find it.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I think it’s bugged. They had a full 3 weeks longer to kink out the issues with this event and failed… again.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So where is it? I can’t seem to find it.

It’s supposed to show up before any event, but I only had it show up after the Marionette.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

If there’s an instance, I can’t find it, and nothing points me toward it.

All I can do, apparently, is wait for the marionette event to start. I’ve been doing that for half an hour now with another hour still ahead of me. Oh, and I’m in an overflow despite being 90 minutes early for the event.

So far, this update is doing nothing to keep me occupied.

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

The LA one seems bugged because it doesn’t show up until you’ve done Marionette. Once you’ve tried that (and possibly wurm too, don’t need to kill it) another instance “Scarlet’s Secret Lair” becomes available underneath the Priory where the guild rush is, through a fake wall. You need 50 power core things before you can enter the instance and 25 of the other cipher things (from the Marionette event) to use the console. I guess there’s some story after that but the cipher things take a long time to collect, especially the Scarlet’s Lockbox ones. It could have done with some more presentation polish before release.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/