Is not solo'able

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

It’s perfectly soloable. I literally just did it on a level 50 up-level.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

I’m guessing you didn’t run into any blocked passages, guarded by champions.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

The chambers and the Toxic hybrid are soloable, the path to them is a nightmare, an invitation to zerg.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

I totally solo’d it, it’s definitely soloable

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Baby.1405

Baby.1405

i solo’d it on my d/d ele.. definitely solo’able .. just a bit slow lol

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Steve.5197

Steve.5197

i hate how its solo’able, it should be team work!

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

The only way it’s soloable is if a group of people already cleared out the blocked passages before you, which isn’t really doing it solo.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

How the hell is it soloable? Explain to me how to get pass the Wurm Queen with no help from other people ? Or solo the Spider Queen blocking the passage with no help around.

If you mean it’s soloable AFTER a zerg of people cleaned the path for you then newsflash! You didn’t solo it.

Worst living story i’ve encountered so far. Fall behind the zerg for a second and your chances of finishing the instance drop rapidly. Plus there is zero incentive to kill anything. Just a mindless zerg rushing. This has definitely been the worst and most frustrating update for me so far.

(edited by angan.6572)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Nightmare chambers and hybrid are soloable though the latter is much easier in a group.

The trek to the top not so much, and with overflows in the mix it is annoying as hell… when overflows get less frequent it is less likely you will loose your open world group completely when entering the chambers.

Spider queen is doable with around 5 people, don’t know about the wurm, maybe the whole thing is doable with a 5 man group… haven’t tried this. The tower climb is obviously group content though.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Frontier.2536

Frontier.2536

I will never understand the desire of some “players” to solo every single content of massively multiplayer role playing game. And not just the desire but entitlement as well. If you wanna play entire game solo w/o anyone bothering you just go play Skyrim (or any sp game, I believe there are many of those on market).

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

Oh crap, it looks like some parts of a massive multiplayer online game might not be solo-able.
Who could’ve guessed that?

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

here we go again lol. If it’s soloable, people complain. If it’s group content, people complain. Tower of Nightmare is both and guess what? yes people complain :d

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

Yeah, the end boss instance is very soloable – did it twice on my Ranger (2nd time to get the mini and the outside diving achievement).

On a side note, you can be downed and still get the beat him without dying achievement (+ mini), so all I can say is thank Dwayna for my downed state skill #3 ….

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Is very solo-able.
I’m 33 and all thumbs, my computer has lag, and I am engineer
I beat it.

It is very very soloable

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Steve.5197

Steve.5197

Oh crap, it looks like some parts of a massive multiplayer online game might not be solo-able.

HAHA Nice one

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I pitty the ones coming late to this, when the key farmers are all golem jumping to third level…

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Content that is easy for some may be difficult for others (for many reasons not just being bad players or on ‘bad servers’ as someone in another thread put it), so folk should take that into consideration when making all encompassing statements about how solo-able this is or isn’t…. Kudos for you if it is easy – don’t brag just give constructive advice to help others through difficult areas or what you did to make it easy for yourself. For those who have difficulty with these things I have sympathy as I am one who struggles on some of these events.

I tried a several times to get through and finally gave up because I got too frustrated. I tried to stick with a group several times, tried to solo a couple of times and it was a no go all around. We got so far (area with all the AOEs in the first area and then it fell apart… Solo you get mobbed if you even pause to look where to go and everything respawns very fast. I do think if you can get with a group that will stay together, clear areas, and help each other through the harder bits you have a chance to get through. I just don’t want to devote the time to slogging through this right now…. I most likely will try again later but not seeing this one as all that doable for me.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I pitty the ones coming late to this, when the key farmers are all golem jumping to third level…

then those people can group together and don’t have to complain that they are alone inside the tower Problem solved.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

No one has soloed it no matter how much they try to feed their egos on a forum, this is open world, you get help (or in this case harm too) from other players regardless of you being in a party or not, if you think being partyless means you soloed it you need to think more.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

But it is solo-able. As many people here have said.

I understand what you mean though, and I agree with you. I think it should be grouped content since it is an MMO not some offline single player game.

I’ve never heard of these types of complaints before with other games. “I should be able to solo that raid!! its not fair!!”

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

I will never understand the desire of some “players” to solo every single content of massively multiplayer role playing game. And not just the desire but entitlement as well. If you wanna play entire game solo w/o anyone bothering you just go play Skyrim (or any sp game, I believe there are many of those on market).

You both need to think before you speak. Stop with the bashing of other players who want solo content and read first.

It’s the patch notes that state this is solo content. So before you go on your rants of how this is an MMO and that players need to go play single player games if they want solo content, realize it was Anet who made this solo content. Anet released content that is intended to be soloed. Yes I know, solo content in an MMO. Anet’s decision, not the players.

So if you want to be rude and bash on someone, do it to Anet. They are the ones who added solo content to your MMO that you think should always require a group. Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Running the last part is pretty hard. I hope after that there is a golem to port before the final instance. But mainly because of the tons of veterans that hid you hard. That other exploding stuff and the toxic debuff arent’t that big of a problem.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

then those people can group together and don’t have to complain that they are alone inside the tower Problem solved.

This will become an issue once the hype dies down.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

The problem here is that the way the tower is designed brings out all the idiot skippers that plague the dungeons and try to run through everything instead of helping clear mobs out. It definitely requires people to actually work together in order to progress up the towers and doing all the events, which is gonna be hard to get people to do, especially on day one.

The chambers and final instance, however, are very much soloable, which is great in my opinion.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Raziel.4216

You both need to think before you speak. Stop with the bashing of other players who want solo content and read first.

It’s the patch notes that state this is solo content. So before you go on your rants of how this is an MMO and that players need to go play single player games if they want solo content, realize it was Anet who made this solo content. Anet released content that is intended to be soloed. Yes I know, solo content in an MMO. Anet’s decision, not the players.

So if you want to be rude and bash on someone, do it to Anet. They are the ones who added solo content to your MMO that you think should always require a group. Otherwise, keep it to yourself.

Anet said we’d have solo content, you can solo ALL the instances inside the tower, you require a group to get there for the 1st time. Nevertheless, you’re still getting solo content.

So it’s both solo + group content, if you want to play a 100% single player you’re in the wrong genre.

Nice try tho

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

the wurms a vet unless theres enough people there to make him a champ.
the champ spider isnt the event that blocks off the passage its the eggsacks.

its soloable you just need to run fast

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

They said solo or group in patch notes. But it cannot be soloed at least u need 2or3 ppl with u to run through the maze. those tree plants are death trap, they do aoe dmg. mobs spawn kind of quick.

Maybe it’s time for you not to play a glass cannon? Or invest in some buff food?

Anyway, just run and occasionally dodge the red circles and have some stability ready. That’s it. Yes, you can die once in a while if you do not pay attention. You are not supposed to waste your time on them. Just learn how to skip mobs.

But everything here is soloable, except maybe the group events which require a lot of time if doing solo. You need about 5 people to do them in a decent amout of time.

The rest of all achievements? Did all of them solo without dying. This is update for casual players with some group event zerging.

For the isntances: do them solo – they are easier this way. Instead of champs you have veterans and the mobs are you run of the mill level 80 instead of 81+.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cold Hearted Person.6154

Cold Hearted Person.6154

Honestly, thes coments, get down from your high horse and try to understand that not everyone are like you, guess what you dont have clones, difficulity depends on many factors just casue its easy for you it dosent mean that its the same for others.

From my point of view most difficult part of it is to deal whit mob train that some random player ,passing by, droped on my as*.

Its not easy and for some maybe really hard but it is doable, tho it require some tactical play and definatly no rush, and yea the gate champ is an group event so it need some people help even if random.

p.s. gw2 is an mmoRPG, and as you know “RPG” part stands for “role playing game” which in return stands for “playing as you like” so guess what not everyone want to run whit freaking zerg or even party to do some event and an RPG game should allow them for that.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

I want to see after a few days when you can only hear the wind like with halloween labirint how solo’able will bee idk how anet thinks but most ppl finish the achievements in 1-2 days and after no one go back there and for the new players that want to finish later will bee impossible cause no one is there, and is so funny when ppl say they solo after a group cleaned everything 20 sec before they “solo it”.

(edited by Allanon.9072)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

For me, the part right up to the gate champ is soloable, the champ…dunno didnt try to solo it yet.
Its true that fast respawn make it difficult, but in my opinnion its all about awareness, remembering how long ago you killed that or that mob so that you wont stand in place that soon will be spawned by mobs again.

and as for achivments, not everyone play for them, you know, if map is only left whit people that do it for fun or loot you will end up whit main server map whit ppl dedicated to do the content.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Luthan.5236

Can that last 2 hybrid killer achievements also be soloed? (without dying)? When I tried entering 2nd time it seems there was a different dungeon version very similar but without Kasmeer and Majory(which probably makes it harder).

Also: Is in that 2nd dungeon version it still possible to get that other diver achievement? Read you need to exit the instance after killing the boss and did that in the 1st version with Majory and Kasmeer but new build reset me at entrance after relogging… instead of near another diving google where it should have spawned me according to Dulfy guide.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Can that last 2 hybrid killer achievements also be soloed? (without dying)? When I tried entering 2nd time it seems there was a different dungeon version very similar but without Kasmeer and Majory(which probably makes it harder).

Also: Is in that 2nd dungeon version it still possible to get that other diver achievement? Read you need to exit the instance after killing the boss and did that in the 1st version with Majory and Kasmeer but new build reset me at entrance after relogging… instead of near another diving google where it should have spawned me according to Dulfy guide.

I was able to solo the dungeon perfectly fine the second time on my Staff Ele (i honestly expected it to be a lot harder). Pretty much 50/50 on PVT/Zerker gear. It has a few differences then the first, but nothing is particularly harder. Just you might have more aggro since Kasmeer/Marjory isn’t there to take some of the adds off of you (which is still the usual 3 or 4). But overall its pretty much the same instance.

I struggled the most in the Molten Alliance room just because of the stupid protector’s fire protection and the stomping brawlers are annoying as balls, but I managed to run around like a chicken long enough to get back in control of that fight.

Boss is ridiculously simple though. He really hits for nothing and quite slow. :S

As for the diver achieve, just after you finish the dungeon on either mode a portal opens up to the side and you can walk outside to the dive point.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

I solo’d – and killed – the hybrid 3 times without dying. Seriously, this is a piece of cake with apothecary/settler gear. I even had the wrong build as my whole trait setup was for zerker instead of apothecary, but i didn’t bother to change. Didn’t even use that new heal skill, just my regular heal over time. All you need is a bit of patience (5 minutes for the boss fight); you won’t even dip under 90% of your HP if you keep kiting. You can probably zerker it as well, I’ll try that tomorrow.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The OP is clearly talking about the tower maze itself and not the instances. A few of the events along the way are at least designed not to be soloed, and realistically only a very skilled player could solo the champion on the first floor, or the vet worm queen. In a few days when the tower is deserted like the mad kings labyrinth, those soloable instances will be practically inaccessible to the solo player. That’s the point I think the OP was trying to make.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Luthan.5236

I struggled the most in the Molten Alliance room just because of the stupid protector’s fire protection and the stomping brawlers are annoying as balls, but I managed to run around like a chicken long enough to get back in control of that fight.

That was the one with the portals? In the first dungeon with Kasmeer and Majory I had a bit trouble when there were like 8 or 9 mobs and 3 of them vets… cause I killt that portals too fast and thought the mobs also would disappear(maybe you can go to the next room with them stopping following at some place)?

Or is ist better to kill few mobs then destroy the portal, then next few mobs, then next portal? (if they don’t respawn as long as portal is open? – or do they respawn / spawn more? then I’ll just fast kill the portals).

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

All side content is soloable and the final boss is soloable. But yeah, the tower itself can be rough and I doubt anyone would be able to completely solo their entire way up. A party of 5 that carefully clears the dungeon should be able to fairly easily reach the top. Took down the Spider Queen with 3 without too much trouble. The Vet Wurm was taken down with 4, and that was only made hard because no one would kill the other wurms which had the entire room blanketed in AoE the entire fight.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

That was the one with the portals? In the first dungeon with Kasmeer and Majory I had a bit trouble when there were like 8 or 9 mobs and 3 of them vets… cause I killt that portals too fast and thought the mobs also would disappear(maybe you can go to the next room with them stopping following at some place)?

Or is ist better to kill few mobs then destroy the portal, then next few mobs, then next portal? (if they don’t respawn as long as portal is open? – or do they respawn / spawn more? then I’ll just fast kill the portals).

Its definitely tricky if you are doing AoE damage I feel. I took down the first two portals then tried to thin down the enemies a bit before finishing off the third one. But if they are open other mobs will continue to spawn so its really more of a factor of trying to clean it up a bit before the big guys spawn (which I think the vets come out of the last portal only, don’t recall exactly).

I also wondered if running out of the room they would stop following you. But I don’t think aggro leashes exist in dungeons. I could be wrong. I never really do the shortcut runs or anything in normal dungeons so I don’t really have any experience in skipping mobs in such a way. :/

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I solo’d the whole LS in like 2-3 hours er something like that. Short opening. :s

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

hi, my name is anet and i create content for heavy armor classes

if you were still playing a thief, we made sure that this patch WILL make you quit it

i did stealth/fought through part of the tower but honestly amount of conditions and speed of condi application in this tower is stupid…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Its definitely tricky if you are doing AoE damage I feel. I took down the first two portals then tried to thin down the enemies a bit before finishing off the third one. But if they are open other mobs will continue to spawn so its really more of a factor of trying to clean it up a bit before the big guys spawn (which I think the vets come out of the last portal only, don’t recall exactly).

I also wondered if running out of the room they would stop following you. But I don’t think aggro leashes exist in dungeons. I could be wrong. I never really do the shortcut runs or anything in normal dungeons so I don’t really have any experience in skipping mobs in such a way. :/

All you have to do is destroy the 3 portals then run. You don’t have to kill any of the molten guys, just the portals.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Solo’d without dying (twice)

(edited by Allisa Wonderland.8192)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Most times it’s not the desire to solo, but the desire to get some kind of challenge that is not provided by the game if played as intended (with a group).

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Anet said we’d have solo content, you can solo ALL the instances inside the tower, you require a group to get there for the 1st time. Nevertheless, you’re still getting solo content.

So it’s both solo + group content, if you want to play a 100% single player you’re in the wrong genre.

Nice try tho

So when the zerg is gone, voilà, you’re locked out from your solo content and never be able to experience it again until the zerg comes back.
I don’t know if the worst thing is a content designed for the zerg or a content designed also for solo players but whose access is gated behind the zerg.
This remind me a lot of Queen’s Gauntlet.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well not soloable is one thing but when they advertise it as soloable in the patch notes it seems a bit disingenuous. That is like saying a precursor is cheap … assuming one drops for you.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Raziel.4216

Nice try tho

So when the zerg is gone, voilà, you’re locked out from your solo content and never be able to experience it again until the zerg comes back.
I don’t know if the worst thing is a content designed for the zerg or a content designed also for solo players but whose access is gated behind the zerg.
This remind me a lot of Queen’s Gauntlet.

Zerg? You dont need a zerg for this, I got up there with a group of 10 people.
So you could say that – in this massive multiplayer online game – you have to team up with other people to reach the end, kitten , why cant I solo everything like skyrim?

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

First and foremost…
Solo-able =/= Easy
The ascent up the tower is difficult and a fairly good challenge. I found it to be on the same level of difficulty as Orr or even Southsun, if you are running around alone. Know when to use your skills, learn when to dodge, and learn when to engage enemies and when to run from them.
If you are up for that kind of challenge, then this will be right up your alley.
If all you want is a faceroll, then perhaps you might want to go back to Queensdale…

Personally, I enjoyed the trip to the top of the tower and feel that is is in fact, very solo-able (Champions not withstanding… Every open world zone has Champions…)
The fact that this is an open map, instead of a solo/small team instance, makes it pretty much inevitable that you might run into other people. If thats your problem… if having other people around in an MMORPG offends your sensibilities in some way, then quite frankly, I don’t know what to say…

Secondly…
Despite what I said above, can someone point out where the developers said it was going to be /entirely/ solo-friendly?
I’ve been looking at the Game Release Notes and can find no such statement. In fact, this is what I do see…

The interior of the Tower of Nightmares has been revealed, and it is as deadly as its name suggests. The Tower of Nightmares is an open-world map designed to challenge even the hardiest of groups. Fighting side by side, players will need to rely on each other to survive.

Only mention of solo-able stuff comes in the next part about the Nightmare Chamber instances…

The Nightmare Chamber instances are designed for either solo or group play and are comprised of a number of random elements. Each time a player enters a chamber, there is a chance to see something, or someone, different. But is any of it real?

So… am I missing something? Seems pretty clear to me…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Cold Hearted Person.6154

After some tries, 2nd floor boss wurm can be soloed, tho its hard but doable, whit 2 people its kitten easy, just kill some adds (mainly 1st 2-3wurms) and avoid the whirls and you can kill no problem, it scale down to 2 people just fine.

Even at my 1st atempt when i didnt even knew what the wurm attacks are i got it down to 60% before his attacks and whirls killed me.

(edited by Cold Hearted Person.6154)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It’s perfectly soloable. I literally just did it on a level 50 up-level.

I doubt it.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

This is exactly what makes it not soloable.

I have been waiting for twenty minutes for other players to come along and help clear the path. Guess it can only ever be completed during peak times or as a group.

The instances are fine as a solo player, getting to them is essentially impossible as a solo player though.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

Is not solo'able

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

This is exactly what makes it not soloable.

I have been waiting for twenty minutes for other players to come along and help clear the path. Guess it can only ever be completed during peak times or as a group.

The instances are fine as a solo player, getting to them is essentially impossible as a solo player though.

The hybrid instance was actually easier solo …