That was.... It?

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

I should have known, nothing amazing would’ve come from this story, just another cliffhanger, nothing meaningful, wow what a waste of time lol.

I mean, come on already, reveal something big ANet, what are you waiting for?

This update was nothing more than, “Oh look, Scarlet’s still up to no good………….”

What the actual f*@k……

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The only thing I’m kinda wondering out of this though, without saying any spoilers, won’t the Krait be after your butt for what you did?

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

The only thing I’m kinda wondering out of this though, without saying any spoilers, won’t the Krait be after your butt for what you did?

They were already after your butt long before this update came out.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Xae Isareth.1364

They were already after your butt long before this update came out.

You just did probably the worst possible thing you could do against them from their eyes.

What you did just made you public enemy number 1 to them really.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

They should’ve been after us for taking the water orb way back in the personal story, yet they let that slide easily, so I doubt it.

And yes, that’s it. The invasive weed once again just being annoying, and trying to make us care that she exists.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Xae Isareth.1364

They should’ve been after us for taking the water orb way back in the personal story, yet they let that slide easily, so I doubt it.

And yes, that’s it. The invasive weed once again just being annoying, and trying to make us care that she exists.

The thing is, what was she actually doing?

She just goes ‘well, I’m done here!’ after getting 2 races together to build a huge tower in the middle of Kessex kills, leaving you to just go and wreck it.

The problem is that she isn’t like the Joker, where you’re left guessing what the heck is he up to now. The player is just left wondering if she had any motives to begin with.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Pretty much. I’m still annoyed that I couldn’t just shoot her in the middle of that speech of hers.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

webtoehobbit.4201

The thing is, what was she actually doing?

She just goes ‘well, I’m done here!’ after getting 2 races together to build a huge tower in the middle of Kessex kills, leaving you to just go and wreck it.

The problem is that she isn’t like the Joker, where you’re left guessing what the heck is he up to now. The player is just left wondering if she had any motives to begin with.

That’s my thoughts exactly, that cutscene looked cool, but if you really listened to it, it was basically Scarlet saying she has absolutely no motive for any of it. There was nothing to gain from this new Toxic Alliance, from the sound of it, the Nightmare Court that was involved had more to gain from it than anything.

ANet has compared their Living World to a TV show….. Does ANet think that people watch shows like Game of Thrones for the special effects?

NO!

People continue to watch shows for the great engrossing stories and character development, which Guild Wars 2 has yet to do in their “Living World” updates…. Soon the novelty of bi-weekly updates will wear off and people will wonder, what’s the point of all of this? If I were you ANet, I’d reveal something big about Scarlet and/or her motives pretty soon or maybe you’ll find your ratings for this “TV Show” of yours to start slipping.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: fenre.7891

fenre.7891

I dont play this game very often. To be honest, I just pop in to check what the newest patch is all about and if there is any interesting stories developing since I’ve very good memories from GW1 and Proph.
I shouldnt really complain, since I’m not paying for these updates, and Im not really that invested in the game. However, I’m sad to see the big potetial this world have be wasted on a storyline like the one we have seen.

For the first time in my GW-years, I’m completly uninterested in this storyline and since it didnt move the plot any further, I will not check on the other ones.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

There HAS to be more since there was no revelation as to what the hell the tower was built for and what it’s purpose is. The antitoxin progress bar may lead to another story event in a few weeks.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

webtoehobbit.4201

It will be Wintersday in a few weeks panzer, this storyline of the Tower was just another filler episode in the Living World saga…. Wait, haven’t they all been filler episodes?

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

People continue to watch shows for the great engrossing stories and character development, which Guild Wars 2 has yet to do in their “Living World” updates…. Soon the novelty of bi-weekly updates will wear off and people will wonder, what’s the point of all of this? If I were you ANet, I’d reveal something big about Scarlet and/or her motives pretty soon or maybe you’ll find your ratings for this “TV Show” of yours to start slipping.

I hope they realised this 3 month ago and not just in the collaborative development thread, because if not, we would be stuck with no real progress in the next three months

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

It will be Wintersday in a few weeks panzer, this storyline of the Tower was just another filler episode in the Living World saga…. Wait, haven’t they all been filler episodes?

They’ve had small, limited time events within longer releases before. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of story once the antitoxin level maxes out and the core is supposed to be destroyed.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

webtoehobbit.4201

I really doubt that will happen. There will be no explanation as to where this toxic plant came from in the first place, what it is, or anything like that, I am willing to bet money on this.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Sad thing is, at every patch that contains ‘’new area’‘, the graphics of the terrain are Amazing, but when it comes to actual gameplay it’s just horrible. I’ve been waiting 2 weeks for 20 mins play time? And what kind of play time? Rrrrright: PvE, #1 spamming and a mini dungeon that’s, of course, supposed to be farmed for hours now.
Why am I not surprised this happened?

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

They’ve had small, limited time events within longer releases before. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of story once the antitoxin level maxes out and the core is supposed to be destroyed.

A real twist would be like, once the antitoxin level is high enough, the tower begins to mutate and now the bioweapon is more dangerous than ever, like we tried to destroy this thing but helped the bad guys instead. It would also make sense why Scarlet wouldn’t care about us flushing this thing with antitoxin.

But I think once we have this level high enough, the Tower is destroyed.

That was.... It?

in The Nightmare Within

Posted by: shanodin.2871

shanodin.2871

Honestly the last boss was a cool concept but way too easy and the rewards are uninteresting.