100+ chests opened, no fossil

in Living World

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

I don’t plan on making any of the weapons and i have a few of these things now i wish i could give them away to people that want to make the weapons :/

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

in Living World

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I am a little upset now as well – but not because I got no insects, on the contrary: I just got a second one… And I can’t give it to anybody (for example my gf, she really wants the butterfly-axe), so the only thing I can do is trash the thing. :| I have no interest in grinding another 350 geodes.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

And thats why after finishing the personal story, I can’t be bothered with Drytop.
Will finish the next installment in less than an hr and then wait 2 weeks for for another hr of play. The fossil drop rate and everything that relies on the very restictive/unbalanced/scewed/broken RNG does not make me (and apparently others) want to play for these very limited and blue/green rewards and drops.

in Living World

Posted by: hulabear.9137

hulabear.9137

0 out of 80+ chests so far.

My girlfriend got 4 out of the first 6 chests she opened. None since.

That’s some pretty messed up RNG.

in Living World

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

People gonna hate me…I was away for a bit logged in tonight first chest since patch, got one on the first try.

in Living World

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Please, make them tradeable!!

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

(edited by Moderator)

in Living World

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

And thats why after finishing the personal story, I can’t be bothered with Drytop.
Will finish the next installment in less than an hr and then wait 2 weeks for for another hr of play. The fossil drop rate and everything that relies on the very restictive/unbalanced/scewed/broken RNG does not make me (and apparently others) want to play for these very limited and blue/green rewards and drops.

Off topic here but I’m going to just say (since I have been farming geodes to make one weapon I don’t even really want) that I have been getting plenty of T6 materials by killing everything in sight along with the event mobs/bosses. I’ve already gotten a charged lodestone, an onyx lodestone, and several rares from the random dust mites. From boss chests – only one drytop exotic (goggles or something that I sold on the TP), the rest blues and greens, but still lots of armored scales, powerful blood, etc. I think on par with Orr at least.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Living World

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

65 chests, no bug. I’m not willing to waste more time on luck.

Time to play something else, and spend money elsewhere.

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I feel for those that are trying (too hard, IMO) to obtain these. If you seriously have kept a count of the # of chests, you might want to re-evaluate WHY you are playing the game to begin with…..not trying to be mean, just saying.

I have no idea how many I have opened and I have one bug in my bank (and I think I may have another on an Alt somewhere). The skins don’t interest me, so like others here, I wish I could get them (in some way) to another player.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Living World

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I feel for those that are trying (too hard, IMO) to obtain these. If you seriously have kept a count of the # of chests, you might want to re-evaluate WHY you are playing the game to begin with…..not trying to be mean, just saying.

I have no idea how many I have opened and I have one bug in my bank (and I think I may have another on an Alt somewhere). The skins don’t interest me, so like others here, I wish I could get them (in some way) to another player.

Exactly! I agree with this completly, and thats why I’ve gotten so happier now that I’ve GIVEN UP!! Let it go, let it gooooooooooo

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Living World

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This is very grindy content indeed. Part 1 was as well. It’s there to give the illusion that there is more content than there actually is… but most players see right through this tatic. Please sthap with the grindyness. Thanks.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

This is very grindy content indeed. Part 1 was as well. It’s there to give the illusion that there is more content than there actually is… but most players see right through this tatic. Please sthap with the grindyness. Thanks.

It’s only grindy if you want it to be.

Of course, if you don’t want to grind, the current content only last a few hours. A great few hours, but…

75 chests, and still no bug (I have the flu, so I’m playing GW2 as a distraction)…

in Living World

Posted by: Stephani Rabbitheart.6452

Stephani Rabbitheart.6452

I have not gotten a fossil either. My friends get them though. I am still hoping and crossing my fingers I will get one in the next chest I open, or the next, or the next, or the next…

in Living World

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

No fossil, no goggles, no scarf for me. The majority of the time I’ve spent in Dry Top has been with a guildie, doing the same events, killing the same creatures, and yet he has picked up 4 goggles, 2 scarves and 2 fossils.

Is there any reason why these region specific rewards can’t all be redeemed with tokens (e.g. geodes) instead of this RNG garbage? It’s bad enough that many of the interesting weapon skins and limited edition dyes are locked beyond this gamble that is RNG. The only thing I feel upon hearing that another player has picked up yet another Dry Top themed “thing” is cheated. Reward my EFFORT- not my LUCK!

(SBI)

in Living World

Posted by: Exo.2965

Exo.2965

Collect shests during T4-5 Dry Top, it will increase your chances (had none fossil on T1-3). Plus you will be able to buy lockpicks at low prices. Opened 200+ chests so far and got 4 fossils. Already crafted weapons and i realy like it. Going to craft 2 more if i’ll got another fossil

for those who trying – keep trying. i know that Anet’s RNG is ougfull but we can;t do anything about it. Good luck to all!

in Living World

Posted by: AntiBodies.8342

AntiBodies.8342

Yeah its a bit meh on the RNG. It is looking like it is about a 1% probability (based on heresay) so opening about 200 chests has a 86% chance of getting 1 (or more) so you are pretty unlucky to not get one at least by this stage. 100 is 63% chance so keep trying.

I got mine (just one) after about 30 chests which is a 22% probability. close to flipping two coins and getting both heads (25%).

However I think it is the best thing for the PvE game overall. Its all in the way you look at it.. its only been 1 month of Dry top. These weapons will always be there for you to get and you can almost solo farm some of the events to get geodes for keys. The only thing requiring people is reaching the high tiers and I think its super great for the game to have that. Its an MMO and people should be sudo-communicating in map chat to try and get the higher tiers or organizing guilds to do just that.

Given that I hope they introduce T6 with the last area of Dry Top (coming after next patch most likely).. possibly T7. Have the reward for the top (and last) tier is vendors will sell you a ambirite insect for 500-1000 geodes. I think that is not a bad way of dealing with bad luck.

in Living World

Posted by: AntiBodies.8342

AntiBodies.8342

Even better now thinking. On top of using geodes at the top tier to buy Ambrite Insect. add reward of Ambrite Insect for a very hard (Liadri level) story achievement. Plus (off the scales here) a new world boss (Worm Level) with better than 1% drop of Ambrite Insect. This gives us the following:

• Random lucky reward with grinding element that can be soloed but helped by others. (present system)
  • Consistent non-random reward with grinding element that can be soloed but helped by others. (proposed top tier purchase)
  • Non-random reward for hard achievement (involving skill) that cannot be helped by others. (story achieve.. would need to restrict to only yourself in instance)
  • Random but higher chance reward for hard achievement (involving skill) involving a group. (proposed world boss drop in the last patch)

Does this cover all the bases… pleasing all people??

Others you could have but I think are just boring.

• Have money reward. (buy off trading post).

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Talk about feast or famine. I’ve now opened fewer than 60 chests and have 3 fossils. Will probably end up deleting two of them, if not all three.

• People who don’t get them = unhappy.
  • People who get too many = at best ambivalent, at worst unhappy at worthless drop.
  • People who get exactly the number of fossils he/she wants = happy.

Isn’t the TP supposed to take care of this type of issue?

in Living World

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

I’ve opened about 25 chests so far and had 3 unidentified insects from them. The interesting thing that I noticed, however, was that when I received them I had around 200 geodes in my inventory (201, 207, and 197). Crafted the staff so far.

in Living World

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Hey guys, hey, guys.

Guys, hey!

It’s optional

You don’t have to do it.

: )))))))))))))))))))))))))

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

in Living World

Posted by: Omg Im Target.3095

Omg Im Target.3095

Selling it would make it unique and the treasures would be useless. Look at the negative points with those changed. YOU ALL OVERSEE THOSE. Otherwise it’s bad lack keep trying. Got 2 out of 40.

in Living World

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

I found my first fossil after about 27 chests, but I got the 2nd one 6 chests after that

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I have 7.

CBA buying a recipe for the amount of lockpicks I could get given the amount of Dragonite Ore I could get to make some actually useful ascended gear.

in Living World

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Please fix the drop rates for these, I have also opened more than 100 and no luck.
Either make them available on TP or allow us to trade x geodes for a fossil.

You might want to consider getting some luck than.

Salvage items and consume luck than maybe you will get one after you are considered lucky.

in Living World

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

From my polling of map chat, it would seem you get a fossil every ten to fifteen chests or so.

I’ve opened maybe 55 or so, with 4 fossils. Two of the fossils were back to back.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I think they will be tradeable somewhere along the way. The devs probably realize that when new areas are introduced, there won’t be event or T4 farming in Dry Top anymore and no chance of getting the fossils. So even if you don’t want yours, save it.

Personally I’ve opened maybe about ~30-40 chests with no fossils during the second Dry Top release.

in Living World

Posted by: Anmida.4058

Anmida.4058

I found my first fossil the first chest I opened, ironically enough I have no use for it so it just kinda sits in my inventory being a pretty decoration I will probably never use. A shame, would at least enjoy to be able to trade it for something I actually could/wanted to use.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Up to 5 useless Fossils just collecting dust in my Bank now. >.>

in Living World

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

Up to 38 now. No fossil.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Living World

Posted by: Shadowzerk.4715

Shadowzerk.4715

account bound sux…..
2 weeks of farming, 0 fossil
lots of recipes, but no fossil
few adv scarf n spect tho…..

Sanctum of Rall – Frontier Commander of DNS

in Living World

Sytherek.7689

Hey guys, hey, guys.

Guys, hey!

It’s optional

You don’t have to do it.

: )))))))))))))))))))))))))

Yes, and playing GW2 is optional. Really, the whole game is optional.

Spending money in the trading post is optional.

I think ANet wants us to spend real money, or they’re out of jobs.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Wish granted – apparently you can trade them now. Does anyone know how many of those Sandy Bags of Equipment are needed?

Edit: Disregard – understood it wrong.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Nooope. You can trade insects for Sandy Bags… Thanks ANet….

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Wish granted – apparently you can trade them now. Does anyone know how many of those Sandy Bags of Equipment are needed?

Wrong way. People wanted to be able to trade them to other players (some anyways), not to the vendor for a masterwork champ bag.
And others wanted to be able to buy them from other people.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Rouven.7409

Wrong way. People wanted to be able to trade them to other players (some anyways), not to the vendor for a masterwork champ bag.
And others wanted to be able to buy them from other people.

I’ve seen most people – the ones that did not get one yet – asking mainly for a more reliable way of obtaining them, usually in terms of an increased chance the more chests you open.

I still don’t know how much they cost, but this seems to make the geodes more interesting, not hiding behind keys and chests.

Edit: My bad, got that wrong anyways.

(edited by Rouven.7409)

in Living World

Posted by: XxAudioxX.2519

XxAudioxX.2519

I love the ambrite weapons more than probably all the other weapons in-game combined and I just spent 2 weeks going back and doing all the Gates of Maguuma/Entanglement missions on all of my level 80s just for more lockpicks to open chests… and Out of 75 chests total since Dry Top came out… Only 1 fossil. All in T4 sandstorms. I don’t want them handed to me on a silver platter… but the drop rate for them from the chests is lame. I’d love it if they were at least tradeable with geodes or something, like the recipes. That’s at least a goal I can get into. I’m not very lucky at all so needing dumb luck to get fossils from chests is disheartening for me. Im getting burnt out on it

in Living World

Rouven.7409

I love the ambrite weapons more than probably all the other weapons in-game combined and I just spent 2 weeks going back and doing all the Gates of Maguuma/Entanglement missions on all of my level 80s just for more lockpicks to open chests… and Out of 75 chests total since Dry Top came out… Only 1 fossil. All in T4 sandstorms. I don’t want them handed to me on a silver platter… but the drop rate for them from the chests is lame. I’d love it if they were at least tradeable with geodes or something, like the recipes. That’s at least a goal I can get into. I’m not very lucky at all so needing dumb luck to get fossils from chests is disheartening for me. Im getting burnt out on it

They are now available for 3 Sandy Bags of Equipment – at least that’s what I read here on the forum, check Gentt if you are in-game.

in Living World

Posted by: Dikeido.8436

Dikeido.8436

Actually, some MMOs and games DO have smarter, more player-friendly RNG. I write RNGs for a living sometimes. Wrote a high-speed one with weighted probabilities for a well-known game. As a professional, I am unimpressed with the Guild Wars RNG. They can do better.

And no, I’m not shilling for a job. I’m outa the game biz.

I’m having a really hard time believing that you were ever a professional. A professional would know that its not up to him/her but up to the person who is paying you. That person get to decide what you the programmer/s can or cannot code into the game. What I do see here is more like My grass is greener then yours.

in Living World

XxAudioxX.2519

They are now available for 3 Sandy Bags of Equipment – at least that’s what I read here on the forum, check Gentt if you are in-game.

Its actually 3 sandy bags of equipment you can buy with 1 fossil

in Living World

Rouven.7409

Its actually 3 sandy bags of equipment you can buy with 1 fossil

Oh dang! Sorry

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

One other thought here is that this content is NOT going to be removed, so if you are getting burned out on opening chests, the option is to move on and come back and try this some more later. Maybe they even come up with an alternate method to obtain a bug?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Living World

XxAudioxX.2519

I’m working on gathering all the recipes I’d like now. The content may always be there but there’s no guarantee that we’ll always get the sandstorm to T4, once people get bored with Dry Top.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

This is why I’m no longer in Dry Top. Low chance of something you want even when you farm your nuts off? Lame.

If you put in the time and effort, you SHOULD be rewarded. Sadly, the RNGesus isn’t in our favour, and, in turn, puts people like me, off said content.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Living World

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

LOL…. omg…. I was so amazed ANet listened… then realized they did only half of what players actually wanted, and we get shafted in the process (c’mon… 3 sandy bags of vendor trash???). My eyes are watering and I’m going crazy.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

This is pretty much the worst thing they could have done short of doing nothing at all.

It basically confirms that they will never be tradable to other players, its always going to be RNG, period. And for the people who get them and don’t want them… I guess they get SOMETHING besides just deleting them now, but 3 extra greens (or at least I assume that’s all that’s in the dusty bags) isn’t exactly high reward for getting a rare drop.

in Living World

Filaha.1678

This is pretty much the worst thing they could have done short of doing nothing at all.

It basically confirms that they will never be tradable to other players, its always going to be RNG, period. And for the people who get them and don’t want them… I guess they get SOMETHING besides just deleting them now, but 3 extra greens (or at least I assume that’s all that’s in the dusty bags) isn’t exactly high reward for getting a rare drop.

Considering it’s something I got without doing anything other than what I was doing for ascended mats anyways, can’t complain about extra items.

Getting salvage bait is better reward for getting a rare item than just trashing it.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, it’s a start. I think the Fossils are more valuable than 3 masterwork bags, but at least players who don’t want the Ambrite weapons can do SOMETHING with them now.

They still need to implement a way for players with terrible RNG luck to get them though, by maybe trading a large amount of Geodes for them, or by making it a possible drop from killing the Legendary Sand Giant. (Which would increase motivation to kill him. He’s mostly ignored in a lot of maps that I’ve been in.)

in Living World

Filaha.1678

Well, it’s a start. I think the Fossils are more valuable than 3 masterwork bags, but at least players who don’t want the Ambrite weapons can do SOMETHING with them now.

If they can’t be sold/traded, aren’t going to be used for the one purpose they had, and would only be junk otherwise, then their value is objectively 0.

Getting even one bag is a greater value.

It’s kind of the same way I view the sand piles. If I’m getting them for doing what I was going to be doing anyways (killing things, doing events), then getting 1 geode out of a stack of 250 is still a greater value than just not getting the sand at all.

in Living World

Posted by: Solarium.2056

Solarium.2056

100 chest? o.O so… i’m lucky? xD i just opened 25 chests and found in 3 insects

in Living World

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I am honestly disgusted and enraged by Anet’s approach to this bullkitten amber reward system.

Now when I see these weapons, I no longer see the amber fossilmancer I once wanted to be, now I only see people running around with ORANGE PIECES OF kitten.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..