Aerin fight is boring and lame

in Living World

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

and having the aspect crystals as a movement mechanic in the permanent game is equally lame. ANET please consider designing other content preferably not using aspect crystals or boring very long tedious fights like Aerin. Spoon

in Living World

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

o.O I thought it was one of the more interesting solo bosses we’ve encountered. Not just ‘’stand there and dps and occasionally dodge to win’’

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Living World

Posted by: Aegis Dominion.4708

Aegis Dominion.4708

Actually it was just stand there and dps and occasionally dodge to win…..but with a crystal.

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I actually had good time. Not great, as in Flame and Frost Boss battle, but it was still fine. Not too challenging, one or two new mechanics.

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

and having the aspect crystals as a movement mechanic in the permanent game is equally lame. ANET please consider designing other content preferably not using aspect crystals or boring very long tedious fights like Aerin. Spoon

Translation: You died repeatedly trying to brute-force it.

Am I right? :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

I tried it first with an Engineer and it took aaaages. But I learned the mechanics, what I was doing wrong, and got it quite easily after that. Still a good challenge for the medium skilled such as myself and quite fun when I got the gist.

in Living World

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I quite enjoyed the fight. didn’t use the aspects much either ..only need the sun crystal when his shield is up.

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

o.O I thought it was one of the more interesting solo bosses we’ve encountered. Not just ‘’stand there and dps and occasionally dodge to win’’

Other than using a sun crystal to break his shield, I just stood there at the center of a platform an DPS’d him. With the occasional dodge ofcourse.

in Living World

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

The fight is ok in my opinion, but he needs more DPS and lower HP. He’s very easy compared to some other fights in this LS, but has a ton of health.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Definitely agree with the boring and lame perception.
Yet another sylvari engineer with too many hit points.
Put on my rifle, laid my banner, and just shot at him, avoiding the middle of the platform as necessary to avoid getting thrown off. I suppose I’m sad I didn’t have any rocks to throw at him, like the ranger boss in AC. =P

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The constant complaints about stuff they add is boring and lame.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Living World

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Yes I solo AFK’d him by simply ranging from the central platform and sometimes moving out of the range of a Big ’ol Bomb. It was no better or worse than any of the other story bosses.

Gandara

in Living World

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Yep, just ranged him with the occasional aspect crystal to break the shield. Waaaayyy too many hit points, not sure what the purpose of having all the NPCs down below is…

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yes I solo AFK’d him by simply ranging from the central platform and sometimes moving out of the range of a Big ’ol Bomb. It was no better or worse than any of the other story bosses.

AFK’d while dodging, Impressive.

Fight would have been better with less frequent teleports and not being able to hit him everywhere from the middle platform. Make us move, but not have the sporadic teleports that become more tedious than fun.

Overall though I thought it was ok, no better or worse than most other fights in the game. I’d rather a long kinda boring fight as the end of the storyline than a faceroll quick one. Zhaitan being the exception, that was the biggest disappointment I’ve ever felt in a game.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I find the fight to go pretty quick but then I’m following him to his platforms and not running clerics armor. I also found range DPS’ing him from the center platform to be quick too. His health does not need to be lowered.

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

it is because you are trying to solo it if you bring a group it goes fast even with him blasting party members off the platforms.

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

The fight is ok in my opinion, but he needs more DPS and lower HP. He’s very easy compared to some other fights in this LS, but has a ton of health.

He already has outrageously low health. Maybe consider the gear you’re using. If it’s Cleric or something along those lines, it will take you longer. It would be too weak to reduce his health further. Any class with reflects can literally afk this guy in short time.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I haven’t seen any mention of this, though I haven’t read every single comment regarding the Aerin battle in the new living story.

Anybody who spent time in boss blitz in the Crown Pavilion during the recent Festival of the Four Winds would have an idea on how it works and what to do. I got all the boss blitz achievements myself.

He drops a powder keg with a large orange circle around it that explodes causing a lot of damage and knockback like Boom-Boom.

He causes smaller explosions indicated by several small orange circles like Wiggin.

He teleports from platform to platform and sometimes won’t stay put in a single spot for long like Sparcus Firesplash.

Aerin didn’t seem to have Kuraii’s trample ability, and definitively not the birds that surrounded Shurakk the Savage. I don’t think he had the bouncing fireballs of Pyroxis, but I only completed LS once so far and can’t remember.

He did seem to have a lot of health like a boss blitz boss, though it wasn’t too much of a big deal when I was able to attack him with my warrior’s greatsword.

Basically once I realized I was doing a small boss blitz it wasn’t too hard. I stayed on the main large platform and attacked him with my longbow while dodging the explosions. If I dodged off the platform, or had to get off it because I wouldn’t be able to avoid anything if I stayed on it, I just made my way up the ramp (no need to use a crystal to jump back up there). He will stay on the main platform in the middle for longer than the outer platforms, so trying to jump across with a crystal to get to him was pointless since he would probably be on another platform by the time you got there.

I did notice something though: in the first fight where you have to use a sun crystal to break his shield, your NPC allies didn’t do squat for damage. It’s possible the reason for his high health is so we can’t just hang back and let the NPC allies do all the work with us just using a sun crystal when needed. And the fight on the platforms they go down below and fight endless spawns of tendrils. Though in that fight it wouldn’t work for them to help you fight Aerin anyway. They would probably just go to the main platform and get killed by the explosions forcing you to have to fight him anyway, because it would be too complicated to program their AI to work properly.

In other words, Anet wanted us to actually have to fight this boss and not ‘AFK’ it. I’m cool with that but I think Aerin’s health could be reduced a little. It took me about 20 minutes for the final fight due to having to dodge all the explosions, sometimes falling off the main platform and having to get back up as well as Aerin preferring to stay on the outer platforms most of the time forcing me to use ranged attacks while dodging explosions.

There’s something charming about rangers.

in Living World

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

I like the fight. I have done it on every profession except engi thus far. Aerin’s Health doesn’t bother me, it’s not a complicated fight. I used the aspect jumps occasionally but mainly the ramp. He managed to kill me twice when I played my thief, but I suck at playing thief so I wasn’t surprised
I think it was a good boss fight to have in the beginning of a story arc, not very hard and interesting because of the platforms.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

AFK’d while dodging, Impressive.

And this is why i swear the 1337s of this game use AFK in very “unconventional” way…

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

Whilst it took me several attempts with my engi to get it right. I finally managed to beat Aerin. For some classes, the fight might be frustrating – initially. But once you get the hang of the mechanics, then your good to go. Personally, the fight was frustrating but okay.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com