And yet another farm LS ?

in Living World

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

First of all, let me tell that I think this LS is pretty cool : 3 new missions, a new area, new items… And the possibility to do the achivement whenever we want is great !

But why are you still adding some farm features ? If I want to get all the new recipes, I have to gather 1850 geodes (in the best case). And the event gives me above 3~4 geodes, so it will take a long time to gather all of them :/ Or maybe there is another way, but I really don’t find it

That stupid farming sytem was my biggest complain conerning the previous LS, and it seems that it will still be there =(

in Living World

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Ahh, but in this case it’s different, because it’s not limited this time. Since this content/map is permanent, people can acquire said recipes at their leisure, not within a certain time constraint.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The map was designed so that reward acquisition relies on efficient completion of the events. A decent amount of effort and co-ordination is required to pull it off, most shards of the map are already ignoring the tiered event efforts. The longer you wait to acquire anything from the map, the less interested players will be and the harder it will be.

The direction GW2 keeps going in, open world content isn’t a place where you go and explore and acquire rewards while occasionally working with a handful of players, it’s a place where you constantly have to organise the map to complete the content as it’s designed.

in Living World

Gaia Orunitia.5794

I’m not sure, the thing about the Living Story is that… it’s a living story ^^ The map will stay, but I guess the Zephyrites won’t stay forever in it. If they actualy stay, forget about that topic, but the concept of Living Story would be broken IMHO

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

But why are you still adding some farm features ? If I want to get all the new recipes, I have to gather 1850 geodes (in the best case). And the event gives me above 3~4 geodes, so it will take a long time to gather all of them :/ Or maybe there is another way, but I really don’t find it

I hadn’t done the math, but if that’s indeed how many geodes it’s going to take to get all the new recipes, I’m in for a LOT of grinding since I endeavor to learn every Cooking recipe on each of my five characters.

in Living World

Gaia Orunitia.5794

That’s what you need for all the new recipes, if you manage to obtain the level 4 Zephyrite’s favor

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

That’s what you need for all the new recipes, if you manage to obtain the level 4 Zephyrite’s favor

Ouch. I’ve yet to see a map hit Tier 4.

in Living World

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

if u’re on NA, check LFG tool at around 6pm PST. there’re usually taxi to t4 map.

I’ve been doing with t4 map for few days. Earning about 120 geodes an hour

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

I’m just throwing this out there.. imagine if.. You can get geodes from another part of the living story further down the road?

in Living World

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

It’s not a farming LS, it’s permanent content that one can work toward overtime as they play on the new map.

With that said, in order to make the map more rewarding, I wish the sandstorms lasted longer, or the timer for them to occur was reduced, while making favor easier together to compensate.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

From the looks of it the map will stay but the mechanic to obtain the keys for the chests may change. However, the map will be expanded every 2 weeks so there will be more events later to run making it a bit easier to hit higher tier reward shop levels.

in Living World

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

From the looks of it the map will stay but the mechanic to obtain the keys for the chests may change. However, the map will be expanded every 2 weeks so there will be more events later to run making it a bit easier to hit higher tier reward shop levels.

Quite possibly.. but with more expansion also comes more things that require the same currencies.. therefore still requiring more grind. Whether its permanent or short term it still a grind to acquire more collectables/currencies.. but its understandable for any MMO to do the same in order to keep players coming back online.. otherwise their cashcow will slump and with that new content will become stifled. Of course its a double edged sword cos players loose interest quickly with this kind of content.. yes its permanent but I would hazard a guess and say its got a very short shelf life of interest.. hence why the LS content turnaround is still pretty quick to support the idea of keeping players engaged and logging in.

To be honest though if they suddenly said were going back to traditional 6-12month content patching I am sure the player base would throw out the same plethora of cries and whines so I guess its something ANET will need to consider longer term rather than simply re-skinning their content and using the same grind mechanics behind it…. hmmm what was that they said prior to launch.. " in GW2 we don’t want the swing a sword once, swing it again, kill 1 of these, kill 10 more…. cos players loose interest in it quickly" …. guess things change as soon as the mad rush for box sales is over :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Keep in mind the zone is permanent. You’re in no hurry at all to finish this quickly, and if at the end of this LS season the area gets a reward track in sPvP there’s a fair chance you’d get the recipes from that place, too.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Pick which ones are more important.

You don’t have to have everything, really!

I liked two recipes, I bought them and I can sell food made with them. If I need other kinds of food, I will buy it. If someone needs mine, he’ll buy it.

That’s how good economy could work. You shouldn’t really be able to craft and make everything by yourself. You should trade from time to time and interact with other crafters.

That’s why I still think that no traditional GW1 “Trade” option is a big mistake of GW2 developers.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Pick which ones are more important.

You don’t have to have everything, really!

I liked two recipes, I bought them and I can sell food made with them. If I need other kinds of food, I will buy it. If someone needs mine, he’ll buy it.

That’s how good economy could work. You shouldn’t really be able to craft and make everything by yourself. You should trade from time to time and interact with other crafters.

That’s why I still think that no traditional GW1 “Trade” option is a big mistake of GW2 developers.

While I do agree with you that it would be nice with some ‘restrictions’ in terms of what you can make and then implement an actual player to player trading mechanic, it is an utterly futile attempt in a game where things are either bound to your account or an utter grindfest.

But you’re wrong when you say I don’t ‘need’ every single recipe, some of us are completionists and we don’t consider something done until we’ve successfully explored and obtained everything. Even this has its limitations ofcourse, no completionist is going to sit and open 20000 buried chests for the odd chance of finding all the skins, unless the skins are their primary goal, but they will definitly open enough chests to get them the nomad recipes.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I too would like to log-in on day 1 and buy all the rewards in 2 minutes, and not play the update again.

in Living World

Posted by: CloudedChimera.9670

CloudedChimera.9670

Speaking of farming though, has anyone done the math on the amount of ambrite needed to craft nomad’s gear? I’m not a math genius, but here’s what I’ve figuered:

So for full Nomad’s gear let’s say you craft 6 pieces of armor, 3 weapons, and 5 trinkets.
The trinkets require 3 sheets of ambrite (sh) for each exquisite ambrite jewel, and you need 5 of those per trinket so…

3sh x 5 jewels x 5 trinkets = 75 sheets of ambrite
5sh per weapon w/ 3 weapons = 15 sheets
5sh per armor w/ 6 pieces of armor = 30 sheets
75sh + 15sh + 30sh = 120 sheets of ambrite
25pcs of ambrite per sheet so 25pcs x 120sh = 3000 pieces of Ambrite!

Now let’s add to the equation how these are farmed.

My experience has been that I get on average 6 geodes per event. Also on average my group unlocks tier 3 so the lockpicks are 18 geodes each. Each lockpick gives you a lump of ambrite which on average give 2 pieces of ambrite. Therefore…

18geo per key / 6geo per event = 3 events per lockpick
3 events per lockpick / 2pcs ambrite per lockpick x 3000pcs of ambrite needed = 4500 events

So to craft your Nomad’s gear on your own you have to grind 4500 events to collect all the ambrite needed! I don’t care if it’s permanent, who seriously thinks that 4500 events for exotic gear is worth it?
I love the new content, but the amount of grind needs to be re-looked at. Again, please double check my math as I’m not an expert and also your findings may be different on averages.

(edited by CloudedChimera.9670)

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Speaking of farming though, has anyone done the math on the amount of ambrite needed to craft nomad’s gear? I’m not a math genius, but here’s what I’ve figuered:

So for full Nomad’s gear let’s say you craft 6 pieces of armor, 3 weapons, and 5 trinkets.
The trinkets require 3 sheets of ambrite (sh) for each exquisite ambrite jewel, and you need 5 of those per trinket so…

3sh x 5 jewels x 5 trinkets = 75 sheets of ambrite
5sh per weapon w/ 3 weapons = 15 sheets
5sh per armor w/ 6 pieces of armor = 30 sheets
75sh + 15sh + 30sh = 120 sheets of ambrite
25pcs of ambrite per sheet so 25pcs x 120sh = 3000 pieces of Ambrite!

Now let’s add to the equation how these are farmed.

My experience has been that I get on average 6 geodes per event. Also on average my group unlocks tier 3 so the lockpicks are 18 geodes each. Each lockpick gives you a lump of ambrite which on average give 2 pieces of ambrite. Therefore…

18geo per key / 6geo per event = 3 events per lockpick
2pcs ambrite per lockpick / 3 events x 3000pcs of ambrite needed = 4500 events

So to craft your Nomad’s gear on your own you have to grind 4500 events to collect all the ambrite needed! I don’t care if it’s permanent, who seriously thinks that 4500 events for exotic gear is worth it?
I love the new content, but the amount of grind needs to be re-looked at. Again, please double check my math as I’m not an expert and also your findings may be different on averages.

1.) Anet doesn’t expect everyone to farm all their materials. The TP is there for a reason.

2.) The map can still expand and along with that, possible places to acquire ambrite

in Living World

Posted by: CloudedChimera.9670

CloudedChimera.9670

1.) Anet doesn’t expect everyone to farm all their materials. The TP is there for a reason.

2.) The map can still expand and along with that, possible places to acquire ambrite

This was only meant to show where those mats come from. If you have the over 200g to buy all the ambrite and feel it’s worth it, be my guest.

Your other point is speculation, we have no such information at this time.

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

The big question is when does the map expand? This is just the first stage. I hate that getting geods is like watching grass grow but… when the map area expands – and you know it will – are the drops for geods getting better?

in Living World

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I hadn’t done the math, but if that’s indeed how many geodes it’s going to take to get all the new recipes, I’m in for a LOT of grinding since I endeavor to learn every Cooking recipe on each of my five characters.

I think its still early in the LS if you look at how few nod you have of the new cooking items its a lot to get but as more mag opens up you will find a lot more of these nod i think the same is true for geodes. This is only the start of new loot and if it was all just simply given on the first part of LS2 then there not much point pushing into mag to get other loot.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA