Carapace Armor Box VS Black Lion Key

in Living World

Posted by: Exo.2965

Exo.2965

Since the last patch, there’s no more chances to get 2nd and 3rd Carapace Armor Box by compliting story line with alts. They were replaced with Black Lion Keys.

It’s not bad but … Now you must grind the Labirinth in SW in order to get 2nd and 3rd Box … and i guess every single one due to the 3-4-5 and 6 story line chapter. That would be 10 armor pieces wich you will need to gather to complete the Luminescent Achivement. And i forgot to mention that Boxes will be not the 1 of 2 wich is needed, it will be 1 of 10.

Simple question to Arena NET:

why dont you leave us a single chance to choose the reward like it was early in character story line ? Like " you will be earned with a common item BUT you will be able to choose between Armor Box and BL Key " – it’s up to you what to chose …. sound interesting, or not ?

I would prefer to complete story line twice in a row and get the needed item, than spend my time on grinding with a little chance to get the item as a RARE drop from the event chest and split on that kitten ed Labirinth with a tones of runs.

Question to every player:

Do you want this changes to be happen or not ? What is your thoughts about this system in future.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

fyi, the boxes are sold at the crest vendors for 1g + 1000 crests. You don’t need to grind the labyrinth.

Personally, I’d rather have a 3rd option. If I wanted a key, I’d farm the personal story and the carapace boxes are easy to obtain. I play about an hour or two a day on average in the Silverwastes for example and have gone through maybe 4-6k crests since the last update.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

They should be given out like they were in Hidden Arcana. I don’t have the time nor the desire to grind for crests.

in Living World

Exo.2965

fyi, the boxes are sold at the crest vendors for 1g + 1000 crests. You don’t need to grind the labyrinth.

Personally, I’d rather have a 3rd option. If I wanted a key, I’d farm the personal story and the carapace boxes are easy to obtain. I play about an hour or two a day on average in the Silverwastes for example and have gone through maybe 4-6k crests since the last update.

The main point is not to play HARD and MORE … we must discuss the reward system as it may or should be, when you have a chance to choose by your own the reward you need between 2 items. I do have some 1k crests but i don’t have time to farm more or so. It’s just some kind of waste of my time in total.

in Living World

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

They should be given out like they were in Hidden Arcana. I don’t have the time nor the desire to grind for crests.

Agree

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Do you want this changes to be happen or not ? What is your thoughts about this system in future.

I prefer the BL key if I’m honest. I have more than 3 level 80s and this reward gives me a reason to play the story arc more than 3 times (which I’ve done).

Having the option to choose isn’t a bad idea, but honestly I still think I’d pick the key each time anyway. I’m not one of those players that must have the luminescent armour straight away though, so I’m just accumulating the required bandit crests at my own pace. I don’t have all the fangs anyway so why rush to get all the crests.

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I prefer the BL key if I’m honest. I have more than 3 level 80s and this reward gives me a reason to play the story arc more than 3 times (which I’ve done).

Having the option to choose isn’t a bad idea, but honestly I still think I’d pick the key each time anyway. I’m not one of those players that must have the luminescent armour straight away though, so I’m just accumulating the required bandit crests at my own pace. I don’t have all the fangs anyway so why rush to get all the crests.

Some people (like myself) don’t want the luminescent armor. I just want the three sets of carapace armor, which I now can’t get unless I partake in days long grindfest.

in Living World

Exo.2965

1st you must have the option to choose and then you can decide what is better for you. As for me – i would gladly pick the Armor Box and complete the Achivement. But also i would have an option to take the key by my other alts if i want. I just dont like to much grinding in this game. RNG in this game is oughful.

in Living World

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I actually got my third glove box out of one of the Lost Bandit chests. So you don’t have to set a single foot into the Labyrinth if you don’t want to. You can farm up the 1000 crests and get it that way, or try your hand at the buried chests.

in Living World

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Would really like the option of choosing the key or armour part. At this point why not make story completion account based in order to bring in alts to help others and still be able to get the cheeves.

Maybe the key is in there since the new pact weapons are in black lion chests instead of as a reward for doing the story?

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Getting 1000 crests is doing the meta 3-4 times. Get over it.

in Living World

Exo.2965

I actually got my third glove box out of one of the Lost Bandit chests. So you don’t have to set a single foot into the Labyrinth if you don’t want to. You can farm up the 1000 crests and get it that way, or try your hand at the buried chests.

2000 chrests on gloves.
2000 – chest
2000 – leggins
2000 – boots
2000 – helm

farm farm farm MORE farm for the God of Farm. Dont you think that you should have more time to play and not to grind ? Its like you can spent some time with your friends but “NO! Silver Wastes and chrest farm avaits!” … just like that.

Pathetic.

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

2000 chrests on gloves.
2000 – chest
2000 – leggins
2000 – boots
2000 – helm

farm farm farm MORE farm for the God of Farm. Dont you think that you should have more time to play and not to grind ? Its like you can spent some time with your friends but “NO! Silver Wastes and chrest farm avaits!” … just like that.

Pathetic.

I think you got some issues man. Take a break. Enjoy time with family and friends, you don’t have to do it.

Once you cool off, you could look in the numerous threads already on this:

- You can get it from bandit chests
- You can get it as event rewards
- You can get it from Greater nightmare chest
- You can get it from PvP track
- You can buy it for 1000 crests + 1 g

Notes:

- You get bandit crests from the Story
- You get bandit crests from the achievments
- You get bandit crests for extracted mordrem parts (which you do anyway for the skin)
- You have infinite time to do it (well, until servers are shut down or you cease to exist)

Toughts on why Story doesn’t give that anymore:

- I think it was not intended at the first time either, it was simply an oversight (compare price with how “hard” it is to get from story)
- Was unfair to players who do not have 80 alts
- Decreased incentive to actually play the zone

Hope that clears things up.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

in Living World

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

2000 chrests on gloves.
2000 – chest
2000 – leggins
2000 – boots
2000 – helm

Pathetic.

Except for all we know they might go back to getting bonus armor chests for each character, or introduce some new/better way to get the armor chests, or bandit crests.

There’s really no point to complaining about the armor’s that aren’t out yet until they’re out.

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

you have 5 character slots there. not having lvl 80 alts is by choice. you can’t punish those who have more that 3 either.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Exo.2965

I think you got some issues man. Take a break. Enjoy time with family and friends, you don’t have to do it.

Once you cool off, you could look in the numerous threads already on this:

- You can get it from bandit chests
- You can get it as event rewards
- You can get it from Greater nightmare chest
- You can get it from PvP track
- You can buy it for 1000 crests + 1 g

Notes:

- You get bandit crests from the Story
- You get bandit crests from the achievments
- You get bandit crests for extracted mordrem parts (which you do anyway for the skin)
- You have infinite time to do it (well, until servers are shut down or you cease to exist)

Toughts on why Story doesn’t give that anymore:

- I think it was not intended at the first time either, it was simply an oversight (compare price with how “hard” it is to get from story)
- Was unfair to players who do not have 80 alts
- Decreased incentive to actually play the zone

Hope that clears things up.

^
Considering all of this from the start i started this topic with a simple question about the possibility of choice for players in future due to gameplay with the Chest VS Key as for example. I had enough farm to complete 4 legendary (without MF) and i know how is it when you must grind in order to get what you want but nowadays i’m asking myself and now all of you also – would it be better if the game itself will give us a chance to make some choice. Ofcourse it’s a hard decision ’cause of variety of things but due to story events it could be more interesting.

For now i had no time to farm as previous so i was glad when i had a possibility to get the needed part to complete the achivement without the necessary to farm.

in Living World

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

farm farm farm MORE farm for the God of Farm. Dont you think that you should have more time to play and not to grind ? Its like you can spent some time with your friends but “NO! Silver Wastes and chrest farm avaits!” …

How about you simply don’t farm? Drop into Silverwastes every now and then when it’s fun for you, but don’t worry about it if you’ve got better alternatives? It’ll be a couple of weeks instead of a couple of hours to get the skins this way, but you’ll avoid all the farming and spending time on content you don’t want to do at that moment.

I don’t know about you, but if I have the chance of aquiring some skins I’d like in a couple of weeks on the side, or in a couple of days by grinding content I don’t enjoy to play for that long at a time, then the choice is easy. Especially since Silverwastes played in moderation is actually a lot of fun.

in Living World

Exo.2965

How about you simply don’t farm? Drop into Silverwastes every now and then when it’s fun for you, but don’t worry about it if you’ve got better alternatives? It’ll be a couple of weeks instead of a couple of hours to get the skins this way, but you’ll avoid all the farming and spending time on content you don’t want to do at that moment.

I don’t know about you, but if I have the chance of aquiring some skins I’d like in a couple of weeks on the side, or in a couple of days by grinding content I don’t enjoy to play for that long at a time, then the choice is easy. Especially since Silverwastes played in moderation is actually a lot of fun.

I dont mind if i can’t get those skins in easy way right now – eventualy i will buy ’em or will get as a rare drop from the labirinth chest (anyway i dont have any others posibilities). The main point was to discuss the reward system wich could give us a choice to choose an alternative reward insteed of fully replacement of one item by another. I am talking not only about the SW chest and achivements – i want to hear the thoughts of players about the reward system changes in total. In my homble opinion, reward system should be oriented on every player – ready you to farm a lot or not.

in Living World

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Hopefully they will add further areas and increase the number of Crests received over the next few patches – I also am getting bored of SW and the thought of needing a further 8k badges for the rest of the armour is a little bleh.

in Living World

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Some people (like myself) don’t want the luminescent armor. I just want the three sets of carapace armor, which I now can’t get unless I partake in days long grindfest.

I’ve spent maybe 3 hours in the SW since the last update, and I got my first extra Gloves box last night by buying it with crests. If you’re into pvp you can do it that way instead. It really isn’t that big a deal to get it through playing the content. It might feel like a mega grind to get the skins if you must have them straight away, but it’s very manageable to get all 3 skins before the next patch just by playing the zone a couple of days a week and doing the story as it is. My comment about getting the Luminescent skin straight away applies to the carapace too. I want those skins as well ftr.

in Living World

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I liked the key alot more than the armor box because additional armor boxes are so easy and quick to get, but the keys are VERY rare as “drop” and/or too expensive to buy.

in Living World

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I’m not a content farmer by any stretch of the word, and had no problem getting the crests for the other two pairs of gloves.

Just went to SW, did events until Breach/Labyrinth was over, cleaned out my bags, and called it a day. Spread it out like that and it was pretty easy: I actually spent more time afterwards farming the Breach champs for fangs than I did “grinding” crests for the boxes, always seemed to be getting tendons (including all the terragriff part bags you get from the LS chevo, it was all tendons >_<)

in Living World

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I don’t care for the luminescent at all, but I will now never get the armour sets for the other classes complete. Because I don’t want to farm 2×1000 x6 crests…

The game already has a system where you can make a choice between rewards, why not implement it in this case?

in Living World

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

It’s stupid to change the method halfway through, especially in a way that takes something away. It’s actually not that far from a bait and switch, considering the expectation.

Or words to that effect.

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I would really like the option of choosing the key or armour part, too.

Greetings.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, since episode 7 and 8 will have 2 armor pieces each, it’s possible that one will be awarded per alt completion, and the other will require grinding.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why can’t we have both? We know they have the ability to make us choose a reward for completing a PS instance, so why can’t they make it a choice between a key or a carapace box? That way it supports both sides. Those of us that would rather do the LS instances for the carapace armor can do that (and then switch to keys after we’ve gotten what we’ve wanted), while those that don’t want the carapace can always go with a key.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The real question is why does luminescent armor require all three types of armor? What if someone only has ONE character, why do they need to grind out the other two types?

As someone with seven level 80s I would absolutely do the story two more times (one for each class that wanted the armor) than grind out 2000 crests. SQ was fun, but I am so sick of the place and we only have shoulders and gloves so far.

in Living World

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I like it as it is. I’ve played less than usual over the past couple of weeks and still got everything I needed from drops without spending the plethora of crests filling up my bags.

No method will satisfy everyone.

in Living World

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

You have had lots of luck then I’ve done 20+ Breach’s and had 4 k crests but had no item chests drop’s

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD

in Living World

Posted by: KurisuX.7340

KurisuX.7340

By the time I was done gathering the materials needed for luminescent gear I had more than enough crests to buy multiple pieces of armor. They are practically giving Bandit Crests away in the Silverwastes Events. I don’t even bother with the Maze unless I’m in the area. I just defend all the forts and fight where there’s an event going on. RNG has never been good to me in any game, so I would much rather purchase them like they are now.

in Living World

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

No you just need to grind the keep defense over and over and over and over and over….such fun!

This is the worst update theyve done for the LS since it started. It’s worse then scarlet. The story is fine, even doing keep events is interesting the first few dozen times then it just becomes pure grind, which supposedly Anet is against but their actions speak louder then their words.

IF they added 2 armors to this LS chapter then you should have gotten both with the story completion not have to farm till your eyeballs and fingers bleed on un-fun game tasks.

So very disappointed in Anet. They should stop wasting time on crap like “Griffin Mail Delivery” and work on other game aspects.