DR Part 2: Trailer

in Living World

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

The grove is going to become the new Lion’s Arch.

I do wonder if we’ll get to see Mordremoth, maybe that is his shadow overcoming the grove? Please yes Anet.

Magummadweller

(edited by Levistis.8356)

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

The summit is going to be attacked… so unexpected

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

And we can explore a new part of the dry top map.

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Traherne will appear….end.

in Living World

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

I knew it: the pale tree is the target of mordremoth. Seemed obvious to me anyhow…

in Living World

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

I hope this will give us some more insight into how the Grove is illuminated

in Living World

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Did you notice the lights went out and there was a switching noise. Like somebody flipped off a circuit breaker. Figure it was done for dramatic effect of the video, but for a bio-illuminated setting was kinda…off.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Living World

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Did you notice the lights went out and there was a switching noise. Like somebody flipped off a circuit breaker. Figure it was done for dramatic effect of the video, but for a bio-illuminated setting was kinda…off.

Power still power if they are using glass like plant parts to run lights in that room it would make the same sounds they are just using a different way to go about doing the same thing. That and if it just switched off with no noise we as player do not know what it means (to my info no one use bio-illuminated to light the house) so it would lose impact of what going on.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Living World

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Yep. What I took from the trailer: the Pale Tree apparently has electricity. =P

in Living World

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

why not? they have elementalists

in Living World

Posted by: Lethe.1640

Lethe.1640

Plot twist: Mordremoth is the electric company and the Pale Tree didn’t pay her bill.

I didn’t see Trahearne in the trailer (unless he used a Total Makeover kit and somehow became a Mesmer) nor any of the other leaders, so maybe it isn’t the summit that is attacked. They could be envoys, which would be a cop out.

I mean, we all figured it would be — it’s the prime opportunity to decapitate Tyria’s leadership — but the plot line couldn’t be that obvious. Could it?

Could the Pale Tree have initiated the summit to draw out Mordremoth? This could be a ploy to invite the dragon to attack, knowing full well the Grove will be home to the Tyrian leaders’ elite personal guards and couldn’t be more heavily defended.

Hell, since people have it in for the Pale Tree’s motives, her using the rest of Tyria as a shield against Mordremoth isn’t out of her supposed character.

Poor Taimi looks terrified. The Inquest definitely came a-knockin’ now that she’s tampering with the waypoints.

in Living World

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Plot twist: Mordremoth is the electric company and the Pale Tree didn’t pay her bill.

I didn’t see Trahearne in the trailer (unless he used a Total Makeover kit and somehow became a Mesmer) nor any of the other leaders, so maybe it isn’t the summit that is attacked. They could be envoys, which would be a cop out.

I mean, we all figured it would be — it’s the prime opportunity to decapitate Tyria’s leadership — but the plot line couldn’t be that obvious. Could it?

Could the Pale Tree have initiated the summit to draw out Mordremoth? This could be a ploy to invite the dragon to attack, knowing full well the Grove will be home to the Tyrian leaders’ elite personal guards and couldn’t be more heavily defended.

Hell, since people have it in for the Pale Tree’s motives, her using the rest of Tyria as a shield against Mordremoth isn’t out of her supposed character.

Poor Taimi looks terrified. The Inquest definitely came a-knockin’ now that she’s tampering with the waypoints.

or OR she gathered them together for Mordremoth to kill

AmateurNet

in Living World

Posted by: haschbeutel.7548

haschbeutel.7548

Here’s a sneak peak of the new area to expect. You were able to enter it with the “Assisted Leap” Skill very easy before the last update. Looked very nice but it’s been pretty small.

https://db.tt/HgRZBO2l
https://db.tt/t0zJiy7r
https://db.tt/LfLDqugr

Looking forward to it!

in Living World

Jski.6180

Here’s a sneak peak of the new area to expect. You were able to enter it with the “Assisted Leap” Skill very easy before the last update. Looked very nice but it’s been pretty small.

https://db.tt/HgRZBO2l
https://db.tt/t0zJiy7r
https://db.tt/LfLDqugr

Looking forward to it!

It looks very open for big boss fights maybe we will get a world boss during non sandstorm.

in Living World

Posted by: haschbeutel.7548

haschbeutel.7548

Possible. There was a huge inclination down in this cave that would be perfekt for epic battles. Cave itself got a lot of tents and compounds. Maybe it’s a black market or sth

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I do wonder if we’ll get to see Mordremoth, maybe that is his shadow overcoming the grove? Please yes Anet.

Doubtful current lore seems to indicate that Mordy is literally planted into the earth (all those way point vines are growing out of his body).

I knew it: the pale tree is the target of mordremoth. Seemed obvious to me anyhow…

Could be an coincidence, maybe the summit is the true target.

or OR she gathered them together for Mordremoth to kill

No we gathered them because we’re secretly Mordy’s champions (so secret we don’t even know about it!) :P

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s still possible to get up there although not by that route.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That’s not the summit, as no leaders save the Pale Tree were there. Still, I expect there will be a problem at the summit. I thought it was shadows occluding the windows, not a light source turning off, myself … could be giant vines? Red thorny ones maybe?

As to Taimi — looking closely I do believe that Scruffy is in pieces on the ground by her and Braham. That’s probably why she’s so scared.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

I know this probably doesn’t have any link and probably any lore guru here would hate me for this but…anyone notice how the trailer refers to the ancient evil from the west (Mordy) as the Shadow of the Dragon which is coincidentally also the name of the dragon in the Sylvari tutorial?

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Couldn’t care any less. Probably another plain and short story update.
This part was already bugged for me 3 days, so I didn’t even attempt to finish it. I probably didn’t miss anything anyway.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

No you didn’t. This episode was more filler than anything else.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Woe is me, a gathering of important NPCs in the Living Story has attracted deadly consequences, because this has never happened before. Do me a favour and clean this up, will you?

(Yes, if you’re wondering, you SHOULD be imagining this in the voice of the owner of the fire imp tome in the bazaar…)

EDIT: @Xukavi: Eh, could be coincidence, could be deliberate. It’s entirely possible that the Dream was aiming sylvari PCs towards Mordremoth rather than Zhaitan all along, Zhaitan is just how the NPCs had interpreted it previously.

Doesn’t need to mean what some people might claim it implies, just that Mordremoth represents a significant threat to the Pale Tree and the Dream. Well, duh.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

all i got from that trailer is
apparently destiny’s edge 3.0 has assembled
and is now dead

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Living World

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Yeah, I hope we get to see the kitten thing. That alone would be a step up from Zhaitan.

in Living World

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

seems like an obvious trap set up by the dragon’s champion (Pale Tree) to gather and kill all race leaders in 1 attack. ( ?° ?? ?°) ?

Pale tree is on screen when they mention Shadow of the dragon.
“There will be no where to hide, When the Shadow of the Dragon envelops us”
Shows the Pale Tree. We will be at the tree for the summit. We can’t hide in the tree from the tree.

She is the only one that doesn’t react to the darkness.
She is not in the shot where something is flying from above down to the group of playable characters.

It’s happening.
All is vain.

in Living World

Jski.6180

seems like an obvious trap set up by the dragon’s champion (Pale Tree) to gather and kill all race leaders in 1 attack. ( ?° ?? ?°) ?

Pale tree is on screen when they mention Shadow of the dragon.
“There will be no where to hide, When the Shadow of the Dragon envelops us”
Shows the Pale Tree. We will be at the tree for the summit. We can’t hide in the tree from the tree.

She is the only one that doesn’t react to the darkness.
She is not in the shot where something is flying from above down to the group of playable characters.

It’s happening.
All is vain.

She also still in light still. We need some one to take a pic of it and post it here.

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

I know this probably doesn’t have any link and probably any lore guru here would hate me for this but…anyone notice how the trailer refers to the ancient evil from the west (Mordy) as the Shadow of the Dragon which is coincidentally also the name of the dragon in the Sylvari tutorial?

My bet? The Shadow of the Dragon’s model will be reused and it’s going to be Mordy’s champion descending on the Omphalos Chamber.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

The Pale Tree is also the only one who can’t run, or leave her home. She kind of had to host the event, being a giant tree. I don’t think her Avatar can leave that chamber, either.

The attack is very vague, and it doesn’t really tell us much about what is coming, or what’ll happen. Unlike all the previous teasers, this one hasn’t really whetted my appetite for the next chapter. (Well, any more than it has been. I just want to see the end of this arc.)

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Nope, wasn’t an attack you saw the beginning off in the trailer, that was Trahearne partycrasher Treesus destroyer of summits claimer of feats defender of the artichokes and leader of the pact, descending upon the summit to ‘help’ out.

If you’ve ever visited Trahearne in his pod in the vale you know full well that he has an rather suspicious poster hanging on one of the walls.. Having spent countless of hours trying to translate it we concluded that the following text was written at the bottom of the poster: “To our devoted fan Treesus // Mordy & Crew”

Alternatively its just mordremoth jumping in on the summit to spam LFG messages, “PVE GUILD MORD & FRIENDS RECRUITING, OUR GOAL IS TO BRING MAYHEM TO TYRIA AND PERHAPS PLANT SOME COOL PLANTS. TS3 required.”

(edited by Lue.6538)

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Pretty sure she’s flipped out since it looks like scruffy is taking a dirt nap.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I hope this will give us some more insight into how the Grove is illuminated eliminated

Fixed.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

This part was already bugged for me 3 days, so I didn’t even attempt to finish it. I probably didn’t miss anything anyway.

Why exactly do you keep playing this game?

All you do is going to the forums and whine about how terrible the game is, so why not quit?
This game is obviously not for you.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Or it’s the random characters anet puts in for the players.

I’m surprised nobody noticed the Asura engineer with the duel pistols is the EXACT same one from the entanglement trailer (getting attacked by the giant)

Fairly sure the charr and human have appeared in previous trailers at some point too, but might be wrong.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

She’s seen some weird stuff, stuff that would turn your hair white…
..which can be dyed back with the new 25% sale on BL hair stylist this weekend!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Yuino.2684

Yuino.2684

Or it’s the random characters anet puts in for the players.

I’m surprised nobody noticed the Asura engineer with the duel pistols is the EXACT same one from the entanglement trailer (getting attacked by the giant)

Fairly sure the charr and human have appeared in previous trailers at some point too, but might be wrong.

I watched through all of the existent trailers (or all the trailers I know of) and I only saw the reaccuring Asura. Which made me giggle, but also a bit disapointed as no one else seemed to see that. It was a nice little detail and it was mostly ignored.

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I saw him on my second run through when I was freeze framing to look for details. Seeing him does not necessarily mean commenting on him when the discussion is about the lights going out and Taimi’s apparent fear.

(Which doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be commented on, just that he didn’t naturally come up in conversation until now).

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

I saw him on my second run through when I was freeze framing to look for details. Seeing him does not necessarily mean commenting on him when the discussion is about the lights going out and Taimi’s apparent fear.

(Which doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be commented on, just that he didn’t naturally come up in conversation until now).

Eh, if people are going on about how they didn’t see any nation leaders in the shot (where we saw people at the pale tree), I think it’s a valid detail. There wasn’t any leaders shown, just player stand-ins :P

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Traherne is the champion and we have to destroy him.

in Living World

Posted by: Yuino.2684

Yuino.2684

I have seen people who were commenting about how the sylvari NPC has human culture equip and the charr has light and medium armor and stuff. :/

in Living World

Nick.6972

Why exactly do you keep playing this game?

All you do is going to the forums and whine about how terrible the game is, so why not quit?
This game is obviously not for you.

PvE is obviously not for me, and I’ve long given up on it.
I only log in for WvW.

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

“i only play wvw and i come onto the living world releases subforum to complain”
makes perfect sense
annd he still makes a pointless post after this one.. ignoring now

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

(edited by cheshirefox.7026)

in Living World

Posted by: Invidia.9074

Invidia.9074

The summit is attacked (probably by Mordremoth’s vines/minions/himself).

Dragons feed on magic, Mordremoth attacked most fiercely only those places where magical artifacts were stored.

Trahearne is attending the summit.

Trahearne has Caladbolg which was used to friggin purify Orr – the amount of magic channeled through it must be like a giant FREE MUNCHIES neon sign in a dark cave for Mordy.

Mordremoth eats Pact Marshal and his sword.

Player’s rejoice.

in Living World

Nick.6972

I’m hoping for WvW update. They did the whole EOTM + LS thing, wouldn’t be too surprised if they repeated it.

in Living World

Posted by: Thalador.4218

Thalador.4218

The summit is attacked (probably by Mordremoth’s vines/minions/himself).

Dragons feed on magic, Mordremoth attacked most fiercely only those places where magical artifacts were stored.

Trahearne is attending the summit.

Trahearne has Caladbolg which was used to friggin purify Orr – the amount of magic channeled through it must be like a giant FREE MUNCHIES neon sign in a dark cave for Mordy.

Mordremoth eats Pact Marshal and his sword.

Player’s rejoice.

Caladbolg was destroyed for the exact reason to purify Orr. It’s still lodged/broken in the Source of Orr.

Scarlet’s Alliance Wars (a.k.a. “Guild Wars 2”)
A fantasy of sci-fi cyborg implants grafted into the desiccated flesh of Guild Wars’ corpse.

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Shadow of the Dragon? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYPIQ76t9KE
Same one? or different one?

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I think that raises a good question. Was the Shadow that Caithe believed to be representation of Zhaitan nothing more than mistaken identity? Having said time and time again, I believed the whole roots and brush wasn’t merely how the Sylvari saw life while in the Dream but instead a hint of some underlying evil that even the most seasoned Sylvari misinterpreted to be Zhaitan. We’re being lead to believe the Pale Tree had been keeping secrets from her people to prevent Mordremoth’s corruption and what better way to prevent your children from falling into madness than to keep them safe and sound.

in Living World

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Someone needs to learn the difference between filler and plot/character growth.

If it wasn’t painfully clear, not every story piece needs to be filled with kill x boss.

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

The Pale Tree’s check bounced and the power company is shutting off her electricity.

in Living World

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

I have to admit, the mechanical switching noise for the lights going out in the omphalos chamber seem reeeeaaaallly off. more like completely off.
The grove doesnt have any electrical do-whatties at all, in any area from what i remember. Its all bioluminescence. Not even any magi-tech, save for the waypoints and portal gate.
Mark has been missed.
An alternative would have been the bioluminescence could have got a little bit brighter and then faded out very quickly, along with any flowers or plants in the shot closing up or turning a darker ilky green from mordy corruption.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Someone needs to learn the difference between filler and plot/character growth.

If it wasn’t painfully clear, not every story piece needs to be filled with kill x boss.

Yep. DBZ had plenty of plot growth. Hardly in story progression occurred during that episode. All you did was run errands for a few people.

Fetch parts for Taimi. Fetch pieces of a crown for Rytlock. Do an event chain for Braham and Eir. This consisted most of the episode.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)