Do we only get one pair of gloves now?

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Q:

The question is in the title.

Doing Glints lair i got shoulders on each char i completed it with. I just done the TP The Pursuit Begins on my 2nd char and she didn’t get the gloves. Anyone know what the deal is? Tnx.

in Living World

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

A:

Yes, the gloves are once per account for the story reward. You have to either buy the other two or get lucky and get one out of the Greater Nightmare Chest.

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yes, the gloves are once per account for the story reward. You have to either buy the other two or get lucky and get one out of the Greater Nightmare Chest.

Ok ty, that’s kinda disappointing. Why change it? Sometimes i don’t know whether i’m coming or going in gw2 anymore.

in Living World

Posted by: Sebastion.6917

Sebastion.6917

Yes, that is dissappointing. Anet should have stayed consistent to keep the griefing down which is going to happen now. They trained us in episode 5 to run three events for all 3 sets of gear, and changing it after establishing that precedent is confusing and upsetting. I know you can still buy them with more badges, but for those of us who have overtime / fulltime jobs, it means we probably wont see the collection completed nor the rewards from it. It should have been one set per account from the start so at least we could have weighed the price / amount of work before gearing up as we did…

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Here are the (currently known) ways to acquire the Carapace Gloves:

- You get 1 from completing the Tangled Paths LS chapter
- You can earn 1 from completing the (non-repeatable) Silverwastes PvP reward track
- You can buy 1 from the Bandit Crest Merchants for 1g + 1000 Crests
- Glove chests are a rare drop from the Greater Nightmare Pod, and also from Lost Bandit Chests (rumors say that they can also drop from the Lesser Nightmare Pods, but at a much lower rate than from the Greater Pod)

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

+1 I concurr this sucks

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Here are the (currently known) ways to acquire the Carapace Gloves:

- You get 1 from completing the Tangled Paths LS chapter
- You can earn 1 from completing the (non-repeatable) Silverwastes PvP reward track
- You can buy 1 from the Bandit Crest Merchants for 1g + 1000 Crests
- Glove chests are a rare drop from the Greater Nightmare Pod, and also from Lost Bandit Chests (rumors say that they can also drop from the Lesser Nightmare Pods, but at a much lower rate than from the Greater Pod)

Also drops from event reward chests.

in Living World

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Ok ty, that’s kinda disappointing. Why change it? Sometimes i don’t know whether i’m coming or going in gw2 anymore.

To compensate the lack of story content and enhancing the playtime. At top of this you have to rely on RNG for the glowing glove parts.

in Living World

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

To compensate the lack of story content and enhancing the playtime. At top of this you have to rely on RNG for the glowing glove parts.

Myeah…. considering I’ve been playing since beta and have never ever looted even one precursor, I’m thinking this is simply not going to happen. RNG hates me… and the feeling is mutual.