Im Furious

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

I opened between 150 – 200 Buried chest and no Fossilized Insect …. im mad.

With today update they add more stuff to the chest : a chance to get one of three new kites: the Ventari Follower, Prosperity Mine and Crystal Shard. This mean that my chance to get a Fossilized Insect is REDUCED !! Bravo Bravo A.net THX YOU.

I prefer the grind route .. let say open 225 chest to get a Fossilized Insect .. that way my chances are 100 % … but no … we add more stuff to reduce your chance to get what you really want … just to make it even worst these kite toys will also grant increased movement speed while players are carrying them …. so what the hell are you thinking ?? it give a advantage at players who find them. All this in a RNG chest !! come on !!!!! i just can’t believe it …

sorry i had to post my frustrations

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How do you know?
Maybe they are increasing the chance for the fossils to drop?
Maybe they are adding a NPC where you can trade other things for them?
Maybe they are making them tradeable?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

1) Random number generator generates numbers randomly. Welcome to video games.

2) Adding an additional drop does not inherently reduce the chance of the other items dropping, even though they could choose to have it compete for a chance at dropping.

3) ANet has frequently increased the drop rate of items in the past. Don’t be surprised if an increased drop rate comes in the patch notes at some point.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I opened between 150 – 200 Buried chest and no Fossilized Insect …. im mad.

With today update they add more stuff to the chest : a chance to get one of three new kites: the Ventari Follower, Prosperity Mine and Crystal Shard. This mean that my chance to get a Fossilized Insect is REDUCED !! Bravo Bravo A.net THX YOU.

I prefer the grind route .. let say open 225 chest to get a Fossilized Insect .. that way my chances are 100 % … but no … we add more stuff to reduce your chance to get what you really want … just to make it even worst these kite toys will also grant increased movement speed while players are carrying them …. so what the hell are you thinking ?? it give a advantage at players who find them. All this in a RNG chest !! come on !!!!! i just can’t believe it …

sorry i had to post my frustrations

I know you are upset my friend. I could tell that last night in chat. So vent away.

I wish I could give you one of mine. The account bound thing is annoying.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: CaboSoul.1204

CaboSoul.1204

What you should have told him was;
GW2 random number generator generates numbers abysmaly.

Don’t get me wrong I like GW2 but the RNG in this game is the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s as if they want you to buy gold with money (<—highly likely this) or farm gold instead of beating monsters to get the items that you want like any other video game (at least like any other video game I’ve played).

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Don’t get me wrong I like GW2 but the RNG in this game is the worst I’ve ever seen. It’s as if they want you to buy gold with money (<—highly likely this) or farm gold instead of beating monsters to get the items that you want like any other video game (at least like any other video game I’ve played).

Welcome to every mmorpg every made in fact every rpg ever made.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Im Furious

in Living World

CaboSoul.1204

I agree somewhat with the “every mmorpg” part but the “rpg” part I disagree. For example when I play Monster Hunter I go and beat a specific boss to get the items I need to craft stuff. You also need gold in that game but not once have I ever had to farm gold. I always had way more then enough.
Same thing for God Eater, Ragnarok Oddysey, Pokemon, Tales of series, etc. Never in any of these games have I had to farm gold cuz it was a better option, mostly because you can’t buy better or rare stuff with gold and you’d earn enough anyway just from playing the game.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I agree somewhat with the “every mmorpg” part but the “rpg” part I disagree. For example when I play Monster Hunter I go and beat a specific boss to get the items I need to craft stuff. You also need gold in that game but not once have I ever had to farm gold. I always had way more then enough.
Same thing for God Eater, Ragnarok Oddysey, Pokemon, Tales of series, etc. Never in any of these games have I had to farm gold cuz it was a better option, mostly because you can’t buy better or rare stuff with gold and you’d earn enough anyway just from playing the game.

But in most of the game (i not played them all) there is an RNG system for there type of “gold” or highly wanted items its just in GW2 gold is very useful and very open to what you can do with it. Mind you at the end of the day gems to gold is bad very bad exchanged rates if your buying gems with real money only to get gold your waiting a lot of money.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

Don’t get me wrong I like GW2 but the RNG in this game is the worst I’ve ever seen.

How many video games have you played? Have you spent years farming for your epic in EQ1? Having gotten 40 people together for the sole purpose of one drop for one individual, wasting hours of everyone’s night, because your item wouldn’t drop in the raid? The drop rates in this game are breezy. I’m not vouching for any sort of time-extended content due to low drop rates alone, but this statement right here is too gimme-it-now to let slide. I understand you’re frustrated, but if this is the worst you’ve seen, you might’ve been playing video games for 84 minutes maximum.

Im Furious

in Living World

CaboSoul.1204

But in most of the game (i not played them all) there is an RNG system for there type of “gold” or highly wanted items its just in GW2 gold is very useful and very open to what you can do with it. Mind you at the end of the day gems to gold is bad very bad exchanged rates if your buying gems with real money only to get gold your waiting a lot of money.

True. It just seems to me that GW2’s rng is just bad compared to any other game.
I mean if I need Rathalos ruby’s (Monster Hunter) I need 2 of these to make make the final upgrade to a weapon and the drop rate is bad but i’m ok with it cuz I only need 2. In GW2 if I need 250 lodestones I need to beat certain monsters that drop a bag that’s rng or guaranteed andt when I open them give me a chance (rng again) to get it and the drop rate is bad and I hate this cuz I need 250 of this.

That’s why I’ve never bothered getting a mystic forge weapon or legendary weapon cuz I might as well play a other game cuz I’m not going to farm gold just because I need 250 of something that has a bad drop rate, that’s just new and ridiculous to me.

Luckily there is more to this game then getting a nice cosmetic item (even though that’s the reason I got this game >_>)

Don’t get me wrong I like GW2 but the RNG in this game is the worst I’ve ever seen.

How many video games have you played? Have you spent years farming for your epic in EQ1? Having gotten 40 people together for the sole purpose of one drop for one individual, wasting hours of everyone’s night, because your item wouldn’t drop in the raid? The drop rates in this game are breezy. I’m not vouching for any sort of time-extended content due to low drop rates alone, but this statement right here is too gimme-it-now to let slide. I understand you’re frustrated, but if this is the worst you’ve seen, you might’ve been playing video games for 84 minutes maximum.

Holy crap I pushed the wrong buttons on you. BTW I’ve clocked 1000+ hours (some over 3000 hours) on games like Monster Hunter, God Eater, Ragnarok oddysey, GW2, FFXIV (I think there were more but can’t recall the names now). I’d rather farm an insanely hard boss for a 100 hour cuz I keep losing then farm gold for 10 hours just because the alternative seems to be made purposely bad. At least option 1 doesn’t make me feel like I wasted my time, makes me feel I got better and victorious while option 2 makes me feel like killing myself thus I spent 2 to 0 hours doing it or I avoid it completely.

(edited by CaboSoul.1204)

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Monster Hunter is a perfect example of frustrating RNG. I’d say Guild Wars is tame compared to Monster Hunter, but I did get Monoblos Heart on my first run. Didn’t even want it.

Im Furious

in Living World

Farming Flats.5370

i bet with my next 100 keys .. ill get a Kite .. and some more Scarfs and recipes that ARE tradable on the TP.

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Zayd Akira.1942

Zayd Akira.1942

They are so rare and hard to obtain because they are supposed to be. If they had a 100% chance if you openend 225 chests or anything like that, then everyone would have one already, and the value of them would be significantly abysmal.
GW2 already has the problem that it is too easy to get some very good skins that SHOULD be rare, but arent.
Let these skins be rare. It makes it all the better whe nyou finally get it, and you can show it off to all the people who dont have it, but wanted it. (the only real point to getting skins)
Give up, or keep going, but dont whine and beg Anet to make it easier. Its working the way its supposed to work.

Im Furious

in Living World

Farming Flats.5370

They are so rare and hard to obtain because they are supposed to be. If they had a 100% chance if you openend 225 chests or anything like that, then everyone would have one already, and the value of them would be significantly abysmal.
GW2 already has the problem that it is too easy to get some very good skins that SHOULD be rare, but arent.
Let these skins be rare. It makes it all the better whe nyou finally get it, and you can show it off to all the people who dont have it, but wanted it. (the only real point to getting skins)
Give up, or keep going, but dont whine and beg Anet to make it easier. Its working the way its supposed to work.

You sound like someone who found one rapidly , so yeah it’s easy. I know this stuff is permanent but Tier 4 or 5 will possible in 2 or 3 months ?? the crowd will be busy elsewhere.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

What I find funny about this thread is, going by what the original OP said… they were frustrated at the drop rates of a Fossilized Insect… An account-bound item that you can’t buy no matter how much gold you have.
So farming for gold… is pointless here.

That aside, I do agree that RNG can indeed be a fickle and often cruel mistress. I can’t tell you how badly I wanted the Chaos of Lyssa recipe during the Queen’s Gauntlet.
Can’t tell you how many Gauntlet Chances I opened up.
But, try as I might, it just didn’t happen.
Oh well…

I have played plenty of games, and the RNG here doesn’t seem any worse then others… It’s all about luck.
Like rolling a 20-sided die in Dungeons & Dragons… Only a 5% chance of rolling a ‘1’… But kitten , does it feel like I roll a ‘1’ a lot more then 5% of the time…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Im Furious

in Living World

CaboSoul.1204

What I find funny about this thread is, going by what the original OP said… they were frustrated at the drop rates of a Fossilized Insect… An account-bound item that you can’t buy no matter how much gold you have.
So farming for gold… is pointless here.

Yeah I did go off-topic there. Sorry about that OP.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Can’t have any value if you can’t sell it or trade it. It’s technically worthless. Enjoy yours.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Gentt now trades Sandy Bags of Gear for Unidentified Fossilized Insects.

See?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

“This mean that my chance to get a Fossilized Insect is REDUCED "
No it doesn’t. The loot tables may/may not be adjusted to take into account the new items. Let’s wait ’till after the patch before we destroy Anet. (I have my pitchfork and torch at the ready just in case this patch sucks though.)

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Per the patch notes:

Guess that gives some people an alternative…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Im Furious

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Per the patch notes:

I understood that as meaning Gentt will take fossils and give you Sandy Bags.

Im Furious

in Living World

Morsus.5106

Per the patch notes:

Yup, he takes the fossils and gives Sandy Bags. Thanks ANet.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Per the patch notes:

Well kitten …

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Im Furious

in Living World

Morsus.5106

Per the patch notes:

Well kitten …

I was so hyped up because I thought I might get one.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

So all the lucky saps complaining about having nothing to do with their fossils are given a solution, but the RNG gods still afflict the rest of us.

Im Furious

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

So all the lucky saps complaining about having nothing to do with their fossils are given a solution, but the RNG gods still afflict the rest of us.

LINE PIECE!

Im Furious

in Living World

Farming Flats.5370

Fossils for sandy bags ..

I’m speechless now …..

Im Furious

in Living World

Morsus.5106

I’m speechless now …..

And only 3 of them.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Ummm, I know for a fact after the epic battle that is Kangaxx, I will get the Ring of Gaxx (before the fight if I cheat).

So over-broad statement is over-broad.

Im Furious

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m speechless now …..

And only 3 of them.

Thanks for the info.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”